[OS] Debian Buster (for ODROID Go Advance/Super)

Third party OS images and hardware mods
Shoesy
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Re: [OS] Debian Buster (for ODROID Go Advance/Super)

Post by Shoesy »

Mali-31 supports it though right? According to the specs. Is there just no software support?

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Post by meveric »

Once again you're mixing up GPU vs VPU. The Mali G31 is the GPU it has nothing to do with video decoding.
VPU is handling the video decoding and that comes from RockChip directly and often referred as MPP.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

BadPritt
languages_spoken: english dutch french spanish german
ODROIDs: Odroid C2
Odroid XU4Q

Post by BadPritt »

Hi Meveric.
Great job with Buster for the OGS.
I bought the OGS mostly for using Linux on it. And that it is great for gaming is a nice bonus.

Here my review video about Debian Buster on the Odroid Go Super.
Big thanks. Greetings, NicoD
These users thanked the author BadPritt for the post (total 3):
odroid (Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:20 am) • meveric (Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:58 pm) • Shoesy (Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:41 pm)

Shoesy
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Post by Shoesy »

Awesome video nico!

Great info in there about boosting virtual memory - thanks for that :)

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Post by meveric »

zram-odroid can also be configured, using different compression algorithm depending on what is available and increase the default of 50% of memory to a different value, although 50% is a good value to start with.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Return to “Projects”