cdu13a
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1, C2, C4, XU4, HC1, N2, N2+

Re: CoreELEC

Post by cdu13a »

rooted wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:08 am
cdu13a wrote:
I've not personally experienced any similar issues, but I can try to recreate if you can provide some details.

There seems to be a few somewhat random little issues(possibly picked up in the last batch of updates from Amlogic.), that would be really nice to work out. However when things don't happen consistently, and don't happen for everybody, even with identical setups... It becomes a challenge to eradicate that sort of bug.
I wish I could reproduce it but like I said it's totally random and very well may be an issue with my specific TV, it does seem related to adjust display refresh rate because I don't believe it happens with that feature disabled.

It's nothing show stopping or even worth concern really, was just wondering if you had seen or heard of it before.

I need to do some research to see which plugins I use which aren't python 3 compatible.

Thanks for the support.
I suspect that the frame rate of the content maybe changing when the black screen happens. So it is trying to change the refresh rate of the display, which then causes a quick black screen.

Is this with local content or a stream?

I went through my samples that where marked as having refresh rate issues, and found that I do have a sample that consistently does similar to what you described. Except that it does it consistently at the same place everytime. Pretty much the content gets identified as 23.976hz then changes to 24hz.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue or not but it may be a starting point to look at.
Maybe periodically check(press the letter o on the keyboard) the refresh rate of the content you are watching, then after you see the screen go black for a second check it again to see if the refresh rate changed. If it does change then we can look closer to see what the actual cause of the change is.

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

@cdu13a and @rooted - hope not to hijack the topic. I'm running kodi on top of Android and last night it got upgraded to kodi 19. Woo hoo. It upgraded my mysql database, so there's no going back :)
But it disabled all the subtitles plugins (e.g. opensubtitles) and left me to paddle up the river without a row... Now I need to figure out where I can find compatible plugins or see if there's a plugin to get python2 back until waiting for plugins to transition to python3.
Any suggestions where to start? I'm not following kodi forum :)

rooted

Post by rooted »

Awesome idea I will indeed try this.

It happens on local content and while streaming as well, I have a few complete series locally that I play on random to fill the silence and it happens more so on those files so I will be able to go back and see if it's repeatable next time it happens.

rooted

Post by rooted »

mad_ady wrote:@cdu13a and @rooted - hope not to hijack the topic. I'm running kodi on top of Android and last night it got upgraded to kodi 19. Woo hoo. It upgraded my mysql database, so there's no going back :)
But it disabled all the subtitles plugins (e.g. opensubtitles) and left me to paddle up the river without a row... Now I need to figure out where I can find compatible plugins or see if there's a plugin to get python2 back until waiting for plugins to transition to python3.
Any suggestions where to start? I'm not following kodi forum :)
I actually thought Kodi kept a copy of the old database when this happens for the very reason of going back to a previous revision.

Look in the Android data folder and locate Kodi to see, you should have the old db

chewitt

Post by chewitt »

rooted wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 pm
I actually thought Kodi kept a copy of the old database when this happens for the very reason of going back to a previous revision.
Kodi iterates the DB files so old copies will litter the filesystem but Kodi does not support (and never has supported) downgrades so you can use the files but you need to clean install and restore previous DB files (and config files if you took a backup first?). Users might have historically gotten away with an in-place downgrade as the changes were never too great, but the Py2 > Py3 change in K19 will cause problems. Now K19 shipped most add-on devs took the hint and are working to finish their Py3 updates (opensubtitles is already present) and I'm only aware of a couple of minor add-ons in the Kodi Leia repo being abandoned. The casualty rate among piracy add-ons will be higher but that's not something Team Kodi will be losing sleep over :D

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

Yeah, I managed to update opensubtitles and in the processs found a cool subtitle plugin (a4ksubtitles) that hasn't been ported. Oh, well. I'll have to wait for them to catch up, I guess...

bakkt10
ODROIDs: odroid c4
Has thanked: 0

Post by bakkt10 »

anyone managed to run youtube or web browser on coreelec ?

rooted

Post by rooted »

bakkt10 wrote:anyone managed to run youtube or web browser on coreelec ?
What's wrong with the YouTube add-on?

bakkt10

Post by bakkt10 »

this is what I get after entering the code to youtube.com/activate
Attachments
1617132548316.jpg
1617132548316.jpg (63.94 KiB) Viewed 163 times
yt.jpg
yt.jpg (43.91 KiB) Viewed 163 times

istanbulls
languages_spoken: Turkish
ODROIDs: ODROID; N2, C4, XU4, N2+, CH4

Post by istanbulls »

bakkt10 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:42 am
this is what I get after entering the code to youtube.com/activate
Youtube does not work without API KEY for a few years.
If you google search for Kodi Youtube api key, there will be a lot of answers.
I don't remember the method I used myself, but similar methods are recommended when you google search, it will solve your problem.

bakkt10

Post by bakkt10 »

I was doing according oficial manual at https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vid ... l-API-Keys

created api-keys with success but having troubles enabling them at youtube.com/activate

will check other ways also

bakkt10

Post by bakkt10 »

it works now, I added myself as a test user, but another issue occurs - video 360p max, no hd content ..

installed inputstream adaptive and enabled mpeg dash - now HD works, everything ok now
These users thanked the author bakkt10 for the post:
odroid (Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:40 am)

Return to “Other OS”