All 4 USB-3 ports stopped working

st_h
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2+
Been thanked: 0

All 4 USB-3 ports stopped working

Post by st_h »

Dear Odroid team,

I happily received my ordered Odroid N2+ some days ago and started working with it. In the beginning it was working fine, now suddenly all 4 USB-3.0-ports stopped working.

At first i was using the installation of Ubuntu mate which was on the eMMC I bought with the N2+, it was working fine, i connected my mouse and keyboard using USB, everything was all right.

Then I switched to home assistant, the platform i bought the N2+ for. For two hours everything was fine, I could connect my deconz-stick (ConBee II), it's for connecting zigbee devices. It was working well, but after 2 hours it suddenly stopped working. I tried restarting the system, started from beginning by putting a new home assistant on the eMMC, but USB was not
working anymore. I could still use ssh, so the N2+ generally was working.

Then i put Ubuntu mate again to the eMMC, but USB was dead as well. Using an OTG cable I was able to connect my mouse/keyboard at the micro USB port, so that one ist working.

What can I do now to get USB 3 working again?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: All 4 USB-3 ports stopped working

Post by odroid »

Can you check "lsusb" and "lsusb -t" output on Ubuntu Mate OS terminal?
If you can't find "Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub" from the outputs, the USB 3.0 hub controller IC on your N2+ board might be damaged by uncertain electrical shock.
In that case, please contact "odroid at hardkernel dot com" with a URL of this thread.
They will help your RMA process if you purchased the board from our web-store directly.
Otherwise, contact your local distributor/reseller.

Since it is already Friday evening here Korea, they will help you early next week.
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
st_h (Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:05 am)

Return to “Hardware and peripherals”