Archlinux: Wayfire Image for Odroid N2/N2+

superpowter77
languages_spoken: english,french,spanish
ODROIDs: N2(x2),N2+,C4,HC4

Re: Archlinux: Wayfire Image for Odroid N2/N2+

Post by superpowter77 »

Tested it for the first time. Overall impressed, mostly every thing works pretty much out-of-the-box, however some little issues may required some fixing:

- General Performance is pretty good.
- BT audio works
- HDMI audio works
- Only way to switch Display resolutions is thru wdisplays utility that requires to manually enter desired resolution in pixels(annoying)
and a HDMI-A-1 window in a large rectangular blue shape overlaps the wdisplays options making it very difficult to access all the options.
- Kodi works with flying colors.
- Very sleek(visually impressive) switch-tab interface
- Clicking on "Tweaks" breaks down my 1080p resolution and defaults to 4K resolution, only does it for the very first time, after that works normally.
- Clicking on Thunar file manager also "breaks down" my 1080p resolution, exactly as "Tweaks" does it. Works fine after the 1st time.
- MPV and VLC also breaks down my 1080p resolution as Tweaks does but only the 1st time you open them, after that it works perfectly normal until I reboot my system, then all little issues become recurring.
- Wdisplays utility is glitchy, mouse cursor is difficult to move, it lags but just inside Wdisplays window. Also, noticed some flickering but just happening on in the large blue shape rectangular showing "HDMI-A-1"
- at 1080p, under settings, background, add picture, general window underlaps top bar making impossible to access top options, have to drag windows below to be able to select "cancel" or "open" .
- Issue regarding switching HDMI ports on both my TV/Monitors, still persists. Keeps switching to 4K resolution when I switch HDMI ports.
- Background image is locked, cannot be changed.

Great job BTW with this build.
I'm going to keep it on one of my N2's

jgmdev
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: U2, N2, N2+, C4, HC4

Post by jgmdev »

superpowter77 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:07 pm
- Only way to switch Display resolutions is thru wdisplays utility that requires to manually enter desired resolution in pixels(annoying)
Click on the dots button next to desired screen resolution:

Another note: Gnome control center can not be used to change display resolution because sadly on the wayland world things are becoming kind of fragmented and each wayland compositor is doing things differently. In GNOME case the compositor is mutter, KDE is Kwayland or similar name and on Wayfire it is wlroots and all of them implement different protocols to achieve the same functionality. I hope future versions standardize this kind of stuff for all compositors so we can use any tool to achieve the same.
superpowter77 wrote:
and a HDMI-A-1 window in a large rectangular blue shape overlaps the wdisplays options making it very difficult to access all the options.
superpowter77 wrote:
- Kodi works with flying colors.
You can try running kodi-x11 instead of kodi-wayland which surprisingly seems more stable on wayland and to go fullscreen press Super + F (I guess newer versions of mesa will fix this since panfrost improvements for bifrost are still on the pipeline, I remember kodi-wayland was more stable before but newer mesa changes may fix many stuff and break other until more maturity is reached)
superpowter77 wrote:
- Clicking on "Tweaks" breaks down my 1080p resolution and defaults to 4K resolution, only does it for the very first time, after that works normally.
You mean gnome tweaks? Just in case you may use gnome-tweaks just to configure the system theme but for everything else use Wayfire config manager.
superpowter77 wrote:
- Clicking on Thunar file manager also "breaks down" my 1080p resolution, exactly as "Tweaks" does it. Works fine after the 1st time.
- MPV and VLC also breaks down my 1080p resolution as Tweaks does but only the 1st time you open them, after that it works perfectly normal until I reboot my system, then all little issues become recurring.
That is really strange... I don't have a display with bigger resolution than 1080p to test.
superpowter77 wrote:
- Wdisplays utility is glitchy, mouse cursor is difficult to move, it lags but just inside Wdisplays window. Also, noticed some flickering but just happening on in the large blue shape rectangular showing "HDMI-A-1"
Yeah that was true, with latest mesa-arm-git package and wdisplays-git that issue seems to be fixed or improved a lot! To perform general system update to get latest mesa-arm-git package from terminal one can run yay and to switch to the git version of wdisplays sudo pacman -R wdisplays && yay -S wdisplays-git
superpowter77 wrote:
- at 1080p, under settings, background, add picture, general window underlaps top bar making impossible to access top options, have to drag windows below to be able to select "cancel" or "open" .
Not sure if I understood the issue correctly but, for others that may also read this one can move windows with Alt + Leftclick Drag and resize them with Alt + Rightclick Drag in case that the title bar isn't accessible to mouse pointer. Also the point below about the background not changing covers this issue I guess.
superpowter77 wrote:
- Issue regarding switching HDMI ports on both my TV/Monitors, still persists. Keeps switching to 4K resolution when I switch HDMI ports.
Mmm, my guess is that the wayland compositor isn't keeping track of the previously set display resolution so it is not honoring it and instead falling back to the native resolution of the display. I wonder to which project this issue should be reported...
superpowter77 wrote:
- Background image is locked, cannot be changed.
Gnome control center can not be used to change background image, I added it because it is default on Wayfire when clicking the Network widget on top panel, I submitted a pull request to wf-shell network widget to add the ability to specify a custom command to execute when clicking on the network icon (for example xfce4-terminal -e nmtui) lets see if wayfire developers merge it. Here some screenshots showing how to do it:

You can even set a folder with pictures instead of the path to a direct picture and enable Randomize.

Remember: If using default configuration of Wayfire shipped with the image one can press Super + C to access Wayfire config manager or press Super + a to access the Wofi applications menu and type wcm + enter or the bemenu Super + shift + a type wcm + enter or just click the Wayfire menu icon on top left, so many options to launch applications :D
These users thanked the author jgmdev for the post:
superpowter77 (Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:24 pm)

superpowter77

Post by superpowter77 »

@jgmdev, Thanks for your detailed reply, when I mentioned, "Kodi works with flying colors", I meant it as an expression that actually worked flawlessly. Still playing with boot.ini to set a custom 1080p resolution on my 4K monitors and see if this can fixed the annoying switching resolution issue permanently. BTW, I tested it on all my 3 4K Monitors and it does it on all of them. It tested it on both my N2's as well. Same results.

Sav
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2

Post by Sav »

Did you check hardware acceleration in Kodi?

superpowter77

Post by superpowter77 »

@ jgmdev, Youtube video colors on latest firefox are a bit off with a tendency to purple and orange colors.
FYI, we have tested your wayfire/panfrost build on 5 4kTV's and 1 4K PC monitor and it does have exactly the same "switching to default 4K resolution issue". We have been actively testing your archlinux/wayfire/panfrost build on 2 N2+ and 2 regular N2. You have more than one archlinux fan here.
These users thanked the author superpowter77 for the post:
jgmdev (Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:17 am)

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

superpowter77 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:30 am
@ jgmdev, Youtube video colors on latest firefox are a bit off with a tendency to purple and orange colors.
Seems to be working fine with latest mesa-arm-git package.
superpowter77 wrote:
FYI, we have tested your wayfire/panfrost build on 5 4kTV's and 1 4K PC monitor and it does have exactly the same "switching to default 4K resolution issue".
I think I finally found a possible fix or cause of the issue. The shipped wayfire image launches kanshi at startup which is a display configuration utility, but in order to properly work a config file that defines the screen resolution is required in ~/.config/kanshi/config which is missing on the wayfire image. The file should contain the following content if one wants a 1080p screen resolution:

Code: Select all

profile {
    output HDMI-A-1 enable mode 1920x1080
}
This way (I think) it doesn't matters if you connect disconnect the display it should always default to 1080p. For more help about how to configure kanshi run man 5 kanshi.

Edit:
There also seems to be integration work between kanshi and wdisplays as a gui for it https://github.com/cyclopsian/wdisplays/issues?q=kanshi
These users thanked the author jgmdev for the post (total 3):
Sav (Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:34 am) • superpowter77 (Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:48 am) • odroid (Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:27 am)

superpowter77

Post by superpowter77 »

jgmdev wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:23 am
superpowter77 wrote:
Seems to be working fine with latest mesa-arm-git package.
superpowter77 wrote:
FYI, we have tested your wayfire/panfrost build on 5 4kTV's and 1 4K PC monitor and it does have exactly the same "switching to default 4K resolution issue".
I think I finally found a possible fix or cause of the issue. The shipped wayfire image launches kanshi at startup which is a display configuration utility, but in order to properly work a config file that defines the screen resolution is required in ~/.config/kanshi/config which is missing on the wayfire image. The file should contain the following content if one wants a 1080p screen resolution:

profile {
    output HDMI-A-1 enable mode 1920x1080
}
This way (I think) it doesn't matters if you connect disconnect the display it should always default to 1080p. For more help about how to configure kanshi run man 5 kanshi.

Edit:
There also seems to be integration work between kanshi and wdisplays as a gui for it https://github.com/cyclopsian/wdisplays/issues?q=kanshi
I created ~/.config/kanshi/config file and now boots up with desired 1080p resolution on my 4K TV and 4K Monitor. However, glitch about "switching resolution to default 4K from monitor/TV" still remains and any application like kodi, mpv, VLC, gnome-tweaks and even thunar can trigger it.

Update: Finally fixed and working at 1080p on 4K TV and a 4K monitor.
after adding these lines to wayfire.ini besides the ~/.config/kanshi/config file:
[output]
mode = 1920x1080
position = auto
scale = 1.000000
transform = normal

[preserve-output]
last_output_focus_timeout = 10000
mode = 1920x1080
Thanks to a friend from my group for coming up with such clever tip.
Odroid-N2+ fully overclocked is such a beast running from a 128Gb eMMC module with latest Archlinux/wayfire/panfrost build. 8-)

These users thanked the author superpowter77 for the post:
jgmdev (Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:25 pm)

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

superpowter77 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:37 am
Update: Finally fixed and working at 1080p on 4K TV and a 4K monitor.
after adding these lines to wayfire.ini besides the ~/.config/kanshi/config file:
[output]
mode = 1920x1080
position = auto
scale = 1.000000
transform = normal

[preserve-output]
last_output_focus_timeout = 10000
mode = 1920x1080
Whoa! really nice, I didn't know that Wayfire had those options (I didn't properly read its documentation), thanks for sharing the solution. About the screenshot with missing application Icons on the wf-dock bar, I'm contributing some changes to the Wayfire wf-shell project that will improve application icon lookup so when merged newer wf-shell versions will better display a running application icons for wf-dock and wf-panel/window-list :)
superpowter77 (Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:17 pm)

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

Refreshed the image with the following changes:

Changes:

* Added first boot setup wizard that guides you thru setting timezone, locale, hostname, passwords, keyboard, etc...
* Updated kernel package to 5.11 rc6 (linux-odroid-511)
* Updated to latest wayfire 0.7 which includes performance improvements and new protocol additions.
* Added waybar as top panel with tray icons support and some other customization's.
* Case insensitive search on wofi app launcher.
* Enabled network manager connection applet thanks to waybar.
* Removed gnome-control-center
* Switched from gdm to lightdm
* Dropped weston and gtk-shell.
* Moved wf-panel to bottom, enabled window-list, patched wf-panel to show missing icons.
* Added osmo calendar and task management application when clicking the upper clock/date.
* Styled wlogout to match system theme and dropped lock, suspend and hibernate buttons.
* Set cpupower governor to performance by default.
* Added panfrost-performance systemd service that sets gpu governor to performance at startup.
* Includes latest mesa-arm-git package with new bifrost scheduler by panfrost developers.
* Added 8 seconds timeout to mako notifications.
* Swapped pulseaudio, alsa and jack with new all in one solution PipeWire.
* Added mugshot for simple user profile configuration.
* Overall software updates.

Screenshots:

First boot setup wizard:

New Desktop Layout (using waybar, wf-panel):

Demo Video:

Video demonstration of this image WayfireWM setup on the regular Odroid N2 (not the N2+). The video was recorded using wf-recorder directly on the Odroid N2 so actual rendering performance is much better than the one seen on this video. Also, this installation was running from SD Card.

Download on first post.
These users thanked the author jgmdev for the post (total 3):
tobetter (Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:14 pm) • Sav (Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:05 pm) • superpowter77 (Sun May 02, 2021 8:42 am)

istanbulls
languages_spoken: Turkish
ODROIDs: ODROID; N2, C4, XU4, N2+, CH4

Post by istanbulls »

Thanks for your effort,
I installed it on an SSD to test it.
Language support is not working.
Language pack not installed, keyboard language pack not installed, regional settings not installed.

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

istanbulls wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:40 pm
Thanks for your effort,
Language pack not installed, keyboard language pack not installed, regional settings not installed.
Ahh maybe it was too late and I didn't notice this issues, thanks for testing and reporting! I have fixed it and re-uploaded image which includes the fixed script. If you still have the installation laying around you can download the setup script from here: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... roid-setup then

sudo cp archdroid-setup /usr/bin/archdroid-setup
and execute it to properly re-setup your system

sudo archdroid-setup
Hope it works this time :)

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: Many

Post by tobetter »

jgmdev wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:35 am
istanbulls wrote:
Thanks for your effort,
Ahh maybe it was too late and I didn't notice this issues, thanks for testing and reporting! I have fixed it and re-uploaded image which includes the fixed script. If you still have the installation laying around you can download the setup script from here: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... roid-setup then

sudo archdroid-setup
Do you name it as ARCHDROID?

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

tobetter wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 am
Yep, nothing else occurred to me. Maybe you can take that small script and adapt it for the ubuntu images (but it should work out of the box), here is the accompanying systemd service sample to start it: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... up.service

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

jgmdev wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:14 am
tobetter wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 am
Yep, nothing else occurred to me. Maybe you can take that small script and adapt it for the ubuntu images (but it should work out of the box), here is the accompanying systemd service sample to start it: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... up.service
I like the name. :)
I prefer to go for Netboot Installer but also considering to have similar for noob users.

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

I like the name too. :)

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

jgmdev wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:35 am
istanbulls wrote:
Thanks for your effort,

sudo archdroid-setup
The problem continues.

➜  ~ sudo archdroid-setup

sed: -e expression #1, char 28: unterminated `s' command
Generating locales...
  en_US.UTF-8... done
Generation complete.
Failed to issue method call: Specified locale is not installed: tr_TR.UTF-8
Failed to set keymap: Specified keymap cannot be compiled, refusing as invalid.
Initial Setup finished!
edit:
OK, no problem.
Language packs were installed. Thanks.
These users thanked the author istanbulls for the post:
jgmdev (Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:44 am)

serious96
ODROIDs: N2

Post by serious96 »

Hello, on latest image fresh install, i got no sound output, when checked in "Volume Control" app the only output device is "Analog Output". is there anything i can do?
edit:
oops, i found it, i need to scroll to the right and in configuration tab set to hdmi, it works now.
These users thanked the author serious96 for the post:
jgmdev (Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:11 am)

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

jgmdev wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:44 am
istanbulls wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:34 pm
@jgmdev
Your Panfrost-Wayfire works flawlessly on your SSD.
It opens on the first try without any problems on every new startup.
This is off-topic for this thread, but it seems your display works correctly under petitboot. I'm planning on enabling an option to force a 1920x1080 edid by default for those that have display issues like me when booting with petitboot which will work with non yet released spiboot image from tobetter. The option can be disabled or edid resolution customized by editing the boot.ini so I hope it fixes more than breaks :D
viewtopic.php?p=321700#p321700

More so, I spend time with @tobetter's Gnome-Panfrost.
I've been testing for Wayfire Image from time to time, checking it is updated.
There were new updates today, I updated. When I restart Wayfire does not open anymore. The SSD led blinks as if it were turning on, but this led pulse lasts for a short time and the led light is only on, there is no movement.
The same goes on when I unplug the SSD cable and plug it in. LED lamp briefly turns to heartbeat and continuous light.
I said it works fine but these good feelings didn't last long, touched by evil eye. :D

In my country, we wear evil eye beads to be protected from this. :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=evil+ey ... 55&bih=599

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

istanbulls wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:20 am
More so, I spend time with @tobetter's Gnome-Panfrost.
I've been testing for Wayfire Image from time to time, checking it is updated.
There were new updates today, I updated. When I restart Wayfire does not open anymore. The SSD led blinks as if it were turning on, but this led pulse lasts for a short time and the led light is only on, there is no movement.
The same goes on when I unplug the SSD cable and plug it in. LED lamp briefly turns to heartbeat and continuous light.
I said it works fine but these good feelings didn't last long, touched by evil eye. :D

In my country, we wear evil eye beads to be protected from this. :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=evil+ey ... 55&bih=599
Can you share the /boot/boot.ini file? should be on the first partition if mounted on another install. Maybe I messed something on the new uboot package :(

Interesting thing about the evil eye :)

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

My evil eye (Nazar) country is a common shaman belief. :)
Bad looks and bad feelings can spoil all good things. : P
Attachments
boot.ini
(5.96 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

Ok, first issue I see is the empty UUID setenv bootargs "root=UUID= rootwait which is strange because I just tested booting from petitboot to a clean USB wayfire installation and after installing the linux-odroid-g12 kernel the new boot.ini with UUID of second rootfs partition was generated properly. Maybe you have some kind of custom partitioning setup which /usr/bin/odroid-bootini script doesn't properly handles. In any case, a backup ini should have been generated in /boot/ with a name like /boot/boot.ini.1613587735 where the number after the .ini is the timestamp when the backup was generated. Open that file and copy the UUID from the bootargs into the current /boot/boot.ini so it looks something like bootargs "root=UUID=3350781d-67b6-4745-832c-6b53755fce5c rootwait, if you don't have the boot.ini.######## backup you can know the partition uuid with something like lsblk -o UUID /dev/sda2. After this change you should be able to boot.

The second issue is that you switched from the mainline kernel to the older 4.x kernel which doesn't has panfrost support so wayfire will not properly start. To fix, after booting to lightdm press Ctrl + Alt + F3 to switch to tty3, then log in on the console and first make sure to install newer uboot package sudo pacman -Sy to update packages database and sudo pacman -S uboot-odroid-n2plus to upgrade the uboot package. Now, install the mainline kernel with: sudo pacman -S linux-odroid-511 linux-odroid-511-headers. After installing the kernel you should have a different /boot/boot.ini configured to boot using the mainline kernel, so make sure the UUID of the rootfs partition is properly added to the bootargs.

If you installed the 4.x kernel to be able to boot from petitboot with a problematic display, the newer v171 uboot-odroid-n2plus package ships some edid files to overwrite problematic display ones that cause screen to stay black after boot. The new /boot/boot.ini will automatically overwrite the display edid by one that forces the resolution to 1920x1080 when booting from petitboot, but you will need latest spiboot image where tobetter introduced a flag to know if the system is booting from petitboot http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/images/pe ... 210116.img

There is also the possibility to always force the edid overwrite to make it work with older spiboot images by editing /boot/boot.ini and uncommenting #setenv petitboot_active "1" Also, you can change the edid overwrite resolution by modifying setenv petitboot_edid "1920x1080"

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

First of all, thank you for your help.
I haven't used it for a long time, the updates have accumulated, I had this problem when I completed all the updates.
As you mentioned, I added the missing UUID and now everything is fine.

I went to tty3 with ALT + CTRL + F3 and made the edits you described.

➜  ~ uname -a
Linux n2pA 5.11.0-rc7-7-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 11 18:39:06 AST 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux
➜  ~ 
I have no booting issues with Petitboot + Wayfire. every time it boots on the first try.
-------------------------
I have another problem.
viewtopic.php?p=321750#p321750 I am having the same problem with Wayfire now, for your information.
-----------------------
I'll have some rookie special requests.
For Oled Display;
How can I execute the sudo pacman -S odroid-homecloud-display command?
---
See my removable HDD but won't turn it on. What should I do?
Edit:
I fixed this problem.

sudo pacman -S ntfs-3g
---
I have docker-chromium-armhf on this GitHub, I want to install it.
I need spotify for current use. I tried a few times but failed.
https://github.com/monkaBlyat/docker-chromium-armhf
Edit:
I installed docker-chromium-armhf, spotify, netflix works but no sound.
Edit:2
I solved the sound problem to. docker-chromium-armhf, ok
I was most curious about the docker-chromium-armhf performance.
Obviously I was expecting better performance than Gnome-Pnafrost but it's the same. :(
In my experience, Wayfire and Gnome video performance is the same. Gnome-Panfrost still seems like the best option for me.

I think what I will miss the most is that Wayfire will boot on the SSD on the first try. :D

Thanks again,

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

istanbulls wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:58 am
I have no booting issues with Petitboot + Wayfire. every time it boots on the first try.
Nice!
istanbulls wrote:
-------------------------
I have another problem.
viewtopic.php?p=321750#p321750 I am having the same problem with Wayfire now, for your information.
I didn't properly understood the issue on that thread but, this week it seems that builds from latest mesa master commits where giving some issues and regressed in some ways. But today's mesa master build seems stable again, just in case older commit c7725ad4aa2 seemed to work well. You can always make a backup copy of a working mesa version package which is stored in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/

istanbulls wrote:
-----------------------
For Oled Display;
I have totally forgot to repackage that for archlinux.
istanbulls wrote:
---
See my removable HDD but won't turn it on. What should I do?
Edit:
I fixed this problem.

sudo pacman -S ntfs-3g
I will add that package as part of base install on image generator.
istanbulls wrote:
I solved the sound problem to. docker-chromium-armhf, ok
I was most curious about the docker-chromium-armhf performance.
Obviously I was expecting better performance than Gnome-Pnafrost but it's the same. :(
In my experience, Wayfire and Gnome video performance is the same. Gnome-Panfrost still seems like the best option for me.
I have a chroot setup with archlinuxarm armv7h, mesa-arm-git built for armv7h, firefox and the https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/widevine-armv7h package. Performance is much better than that docker-chromium-armhf container which I tested yesterday and doesn't supports hardware acceleration. Video playback and rendering feels as regular aarch64 firefox build but with ERM/DRM support for spotify, etc.. playback, I was planning to write a bash script that setups the armv7h chroot automatically but haven't done so, maybe it would be better to write a howto :D

Edit:
Some screenshots showing that firefox armv7h does has webgl (hardware) acceleration with panfrost and widevine support.
These users thanked the author jgmdev for the post (total 2):
harddroid (Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:05 pm) • Sav (Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:15 pm)

istanbulls

Post by istanbulls »

jgmdev wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:02 am

I have a chroot setup with archlinuxarm armv7h, mesa-arm-git built for armv7h, firefox and the https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/widevine-armv7h package. Performance is much better than that docker-chromium-armhf container which I tested yesterday and doesn't supports hardware acceleration. Video playback and rendering feels as regular aarch64 firefox build but with ERM/DRM support for spotify, etc.. playback, I was planning to write a bash script that setups the armv7h chroot automatically but haven't done so, maybe it would be better to write a howto :D
Thank you for your answer.
When you bring DRM support, you will have an OS that you can sell for money. :D A lot of people use CoeELEC for Netflix 1080p.
I have been using Kodi for 10 years, but most of the people in my country do not recognize Kodi because CoreELEC has met CoreELEC for Netflix 1080p. :)

Edit:
When I used RockPro64, I did a lot of research and found a solution to use spotify.
RockPro64 was using 32bit OS at the time.
1080p Netflix was running smoothly. We even had some conversations with the site manager. We discussed Netflix and Spotify as a must-have option for modern PC users.
In subsequent releases they used it as an advertisement.
While promoting the Pinebook Pro, Netflix announced it as an ARM device running Spotify.
Could be a good feature in Odroid-N2.
For inexperienced users, a Netflix that they can use quickly without switching to CoreELEC in daily use, and a spotify that they can easily listen to while surfing the Internet will always be attractive.

April 28 2018
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php ... 8#pid45938

harddroid
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: n2+

Post by harddroid »

I have a strange problem with wf-shell, wf-panel and wf-background. I use your xfce image and did install wayfire and all wf-shell applications start with a 10 seconds delay. For example wayfire after login with lightdm is instant there, but the whole shell with panel and background needs forever to come up. And even if I start it manually from the terminal in wayfire already running it takes 10 seconds everytime I start wf-background for example. I did test your wayfire image and it does not have this problem. Did you do anything special?
Please be careful with 18V on your odroid n2: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=40692&p=309707#p309707

danielpublic
ODROIDs: C2 & N2
Been thanked: 0

Post by danielpublic »

Hey! First of all, Thank you very much for this image!

The install went smoothly enough (though, the display was whack; sort of looking crosseyed at something), but I could read the text.

However, because of this, the login-greeter looks that way as well. (I don't mind this really, got ssh in case of)

But after I login, it looks as it should on that account!

It's overscanned (as in, zoomed in)though, so for an example, I just see the top 10% or so of the bottom bar.

Any pointers on how I could fix this?

Other than that, there seem to be no sound.

Thanks again for taking your time to putting this together!!!

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

Check if your TV has a "game" mode. That might force overscan off.

danielpublic

Post by danielpublic »

mad_ady wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:13 am
Check if your TV has a "game" mode. That might force overscan off.
Thanks for the quick reply!
But unfortunately there is no such setting, only pan up/down left/right.

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

The N2 has overscan controllable through sysfs, but I don't know the exact node... You could try find /sys -name "*overscan*"

danielpublic

Post by danielpublic »

mad_ady wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:56 am
The N2 has overscan controllable through sysfs, but I don't know the exact node... You could try find /sys -name "*overscan*"
Hey! Thanks for the reply!

Did a:

sudo find /sys -name "*overscan*"
However there was no output.

Searched for scan:

sudo find /sys -name "*scan*"
/sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/khugepaged/scan_sleep_millisecs
/sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/khugepaged/pages_to_scan
/sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/khugepaged/full_scans
/sys/kernel/mm/ksm/pages_to_scan
/sys/kernel/mm/ksm/full_scans
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_filestream_scan
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/ext4/ext4_es_shrink_scan_enter
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/ext4/ext4_es_shrink_scan_exit
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/ext4/ext4_fc_replay_scan
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/huge_memory/mm_khugepaged_scan_pmd
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_kswapd_sleep
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_kswapd_wake
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_wakeup_kswapd
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_direct_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_softlimit_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_direct_reclaim_end
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_reclaim_end
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_softlimit_reclaim_end
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_lru_isolate
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_writepage
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_lru_shrink_inactive
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_lru_shrink_active
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_inactive_list_is_low
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_node_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_node_reclaim_end
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_filestream_scan
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/ext4/ext4_es_shrink_scan_enter
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/ext4/ext4_es_shrink_scan_exit
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/ext4/ext4_fc_replay_scan
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/huge_memory/mm_khugepaged_scan_pmd
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_kswapd_sleep
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_kswapd_wake
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_wakeup_kswapd
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_direct_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_softlimit_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_direct_reclaim_end
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_reclaim_end
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_memcg_softlimit_reclaim_end
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_lru_isolate
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_writepage
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_lru_shrink_inactive
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_lru_shrink_active
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_inactive_list_is_low
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_node_reclaim_begin
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/vmscan/mm_vmscan_node_reclaim_end
/sys/fs/ext4/mmcblk0p2/mb_min_to_scan
/sys/fs/ext4/mmcblk0p2/mb_max_to_scan
/sys/bus/pci/rescan
/sys/module/scsi_mod/parameters/scan
And over:

➜  ~ sudo find /sys -name "*over*"
/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-2048kB/nr_overcommit_hugepages
/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-32768kB/nr_overcommit_hugepages
/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-64kB/nr_overcommit_hugepages
/sys/kernel/mm/hugepages/hugepages-1048576kB/nr_overcommit_hugepages
/sys/kernel/tracing/options/overwrite
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/sunrpc/rpc_xdr_overflow
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/devlink/devlink_health_recover_aborted
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xhci-hcd/xhci_discover_or_reset_device
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xlog_intent_recovery_failed
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_record
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_add
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_add_cont
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_reorder_head
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_reorder_tail
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_recover
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_not_cancel
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_cancel
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_cancel_add
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_cancel_ref_inc
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_recover
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_skip
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_inode_buf
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_reg_buf
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_dquot_buf
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_inode_recover
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_inode_cancel
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_inode_skip
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_icreate_cancel
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_icreate_recover
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_btree_overlapped_query_range
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_refcount_recover_extent
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_refcount_finish_one_leftover
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/syscalls/sys_enter_timer_getoverrun
/sys/kernel/tracing/events/syscalls/sys_exit_timer_getoverrun
/sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/HDMI-A-1/edid_override
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/options/overwrite
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/sunrpc/rpc_xdr_overflow
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/devlink/devlink_health_recover_aborted
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xhci-hcd/xhci_discover_or_reset_device
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xlog_intent_recovery_failed
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_record
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_add
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_add_cont
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_reorder_head
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_reorder_tail
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_item_recover
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_not_cancel
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_cancel
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_cancel_add
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_cancel_ref_inc
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_recover
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_skip
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_inode_buf
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_reg_buf
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_buf_dquot_buf
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_inode_recover
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_inode_cancel
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_inode_skip
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_icreate_cancel
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_log_recover_icreate_recover
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_btree_overlapped_query_range
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_refcount_recover_extent
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/xfs/xfs_refcount_finish_one_leftover
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/syscalls/sys_enter_timer_getoverrun
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/syscalls/sys_exit_timer_getoverrun
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-usb_pwr_en/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/reg-dummy/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/secure-monitor/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-main_12v/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-vddao_1v8/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/kgdboc/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/audio-controller-2/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-vcc_5v/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-vddao_3v3/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-hub_5v/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-vddcpu-b/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/snd-soc-dummy/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-vcc_1v8/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/gpio-regulator-tf_io/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/Fixed MDIO bus.0/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd18000.clock-measure/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd1b000.pwm/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd1c000.i2c/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd1d000.i2c/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd01004.reset-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd24000.serial/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffd00000.bus/ffd0f0d0.wdt/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe40000.gpu/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe40000.gpu/devfreq/ffe40000.gpu/governor
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe40000.gpu/devfreq/ffe40000.gpu/available_governors
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe05000.sd/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff64c000.mdio-multiplexer/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff630000.bus/ff630218.rng/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff630000.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff634800.temperature-sensor/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff646000.phy/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff63c000.bus/ff63c000.system-controller/ff63c000.system-controller:power-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff63c000.bus/ff63c000.system-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff63c000.bus/ff63c000.system-controller/ff63c000.system-controller:clock-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff63c000.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff63a000.phy/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff634400.bus/ff634400.bus:pinctrl@40/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff634400.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff600000.hdmi-tx/hdmi-audio-codec.4.auto/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff600000.hdmi-tx/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff600000.hdmi-tx/dw-hdmi-i2s-audio.1.auto/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff600000.hdmi-tx/dw-hdmi-cec.2.auto/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff638000.bus/ff638048.video-lut/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff638000.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff634c00.temperature-sensor/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff636000.phy/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642540.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff6423c0.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642300.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642180.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642200.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642580.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642340.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff6421c0.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642100.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642744.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642740.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642480.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642240.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642280.reset-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642380.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642140.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff642000.bus/ff642000.clock-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff600000.bus/ff632000.audio-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe07000.mmc/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff3f0000.ethernet/net/eth0/statistics/rx_over_errors
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff3f0000.ethernet/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff400000.usb/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/1-1-port3/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/1-1-port1/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/1-1-port4/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/1-1-port2/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-0:1.0/usb1-port1/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-0:1.0/usb1-port2/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/2-1-port4/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/2-1-port2/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/2-1-port3/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/2-1-port1/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb2/2-0:1.0/usb2-port1/over_current_count
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/ff500000.usb/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ffe09000.usb/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff620000.video-decoder/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff900000.vpu/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff809000.adc/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff800140.ao-secure/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff8000a8.rtc/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff8000a8.rtc/rtc/rtc0/alarmtimer.3.auto/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff800280.cec/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff800000.sys-ctrl/ff800000.sys-ctrl:pinctrl@14/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff800000.sys-ctrl/ff800000.sys-ctrl:clock-controller/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff800000.sys-ctrl/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff802000.pwm/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff808000.ir/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/soc/ff800000.bus/ff803000.serial/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/leds/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/psci/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-vcc_3v3/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/odroid-reboot/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/timer/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-flash_1v8/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/audio-codec-1/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/sound/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-tflash_vdd/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/audio-controller-1/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/regulator-vddcpu-a/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/pwmgpio/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/emmc-pwrseq/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/serial8250/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/cpufreq-dt/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/efuse/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/hdmi-connector/driver_override
/sys/devices/platform/audio-amplifier-0/driver_override
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/current_governor_ro
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/available_governors
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/current_governor
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy2/scaling_available_governors
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy2/scaling_governor
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_available_governors
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_governor
/sys/devices/virtual/net/lo/statistics/rx_over_errors
/sys/module/cpuidle/parameters/governor
/sys/module/drm_kms_helper/parameters/drm_fbdev_overalloc
/sys/module/cpufreq/parameters/default_governor
/sys/module/nfs/parameters/recover_lost_locks

danielpublic

Post by danielpublic »

Regarding the audio issue, I followed the instructions on the first page, updated the system and now at least the audio seems to be processed, as pavucontrol indicate there are something going on. I looked in alsamixer and nothing seem to be muted. Never used that hdmi-port for anything audio, so I switched ports with my coreelec-device and there is audio.

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

harddroid wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:09 pm
I did test your wayfire image and it does not have this problem. Did you do anything special?
You would need to add dbus-daemon --session --address=unix:path=$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/bus to the autostart commands of wayfire as seen here: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... re.ini#L35

Here the customizations done to wayfire image: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... ire.sh#L90
harddroid (Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:09 am)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

@danielpublic I've checked under android and it looks like overscan is controlled from /sys/class/video/zoom. Try it from linux as well.

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

Small update:

Changes
* Updated kernel to 5.11.0 with patch for 1Ghz colckrate for gpu
* Added ntfs-3g
* Reverted from pipewire to pulseaudio because of issues with newest pipewire and the built-in audio driver when starting the system up.
* Updated uboot and boot.ini file to support forcing an edid bin file for problematic displays that don't properly boot with petitboot.
* Overall package updates.

The newer uboot package includes an updated boot.ini that has the following options which can be tweaked to fit one needs:

# Video Output
## preferred_resolution
## set to your preferred resolution using the format:
##    {width}x{heigth}@{hertz}
##    example: 1920x1080@60
## or
##    Set to an empty string to let the kernel automatically
##    choose a resolution for you.
setenv preferred_resolution "1920x1080@60"

## petitboot_edid
## if you experience issues of display not showing any
## image when using petitboot you can use this setting
## to overwrite the default display edid information.
##
## A valid value for this option can be:
##    800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x1024, 1600x1200,
##    1680x1050, 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 2880x1800, 3840x2160
## or
##    Set to an empty string to use the display provided
##    edid information.
setenv petitboot_edid "1920x1080"

## If using older petitboot that does not sets the petitboot_active var
## uncomment to force petitboot been always set as
## active to always force the edid overwrite.
#setenv petitboot_active "1"
Download on first post.
These users thanked the author jgmdev for the post (total 2):
tobetter (Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:18 pm) • serious96 (Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:36 am)

tobetter

Post by tobetter »

jgmdev wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:16 pm
Small update:

Changes
* Updated kernel to 5.11.0 with patch for 1Ghz colckrate for gpu
* Added ntfs-3g
* Reverted from pipewire to pulseaudio because of issues with newest pipewire and the built-in audio driver when starting the system up.
* Updated uboot and boot.ini file to support forcing an edid bin file for problematic displays that don't properly boot with petitboot.
* Overall package updates.

The newer uboot package includes an updated boot.ini that has the following options which can be tweaked to fit one needs:

# Video Output
## preferred_resolution
## or

## petitboot_edid
##
## or
##    edid information.

## If using older petitboot that does not sets the petitboot_active var
## uncomment to force petitboot been always set as
Download on first post.
Small note for the boot.ini, new flag petitboot_active works only with the experimental Petitboot version 20210116.
These users thanked the author tobetter for the post:
jgmdev (Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:23 pm)

harddroid
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: n2+

Post by harddroid »

jgmdev wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:04 am
harddroid wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:09 pm
I did test your wayfire image and it does not have this problem. Did you do anything special?
You would need to add dbus-daemon --session --address=unix:path=$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/bus to the autostart commands of wayfire as seen here: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... re.ini#L35

Here the customizations done to wayfire image: https://github.com/jgmdev/alarm-image-g ... ire.sh#L90
This did the trick, thank you.
Please be careful with 18V on your odroid n2: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=40692&p=309707#p309707

Moshtin
ODROIDs: n2
Has thanked: 0

Post by Moshtin »

After ruining many SD cards and messing around with all the different OS I think I have settled on this one! It meets all my need and thank you so much. One question however (I am such a novice, please humour me) how on earth do I install a VPN on this, I can find none in the package manager. The instructions I find for Linux VPN online don't appear to work for me, and my VPN (Nord) instructions don't work either. I'm 99% sure the fault is obviously my end.. just wonder if someone can show me an idiots guide or point me in the right direction.

But thanks again!

mægpie
languages_spoken: english,german
ODROIDs: Odroid-N2plus

Post by mægpie »

That depends on what VPN-protocol NordVPN supports.
It should be OpenVPN, OpenConnect, or PPTP, when I am not totally wrong.
When you figured out that, just install the corresponding NetworkManager plugin by :

yay -Sy networkmanager-openconnect
or

yay -Sy networkmanager-openvpn
or

yay -Sy networkmanager-pptp
After that you can add a new connection in NetworkManager-GUI, where you have to insert server info, sometimes upload a .cert file granted by the VPN-Provider and your credentials(login/password).

Aaah - and since you are now on archlinux, you should first update your system before installing new packages or compiling those:

yay -Syu
Edit: I looked at the website and must confess : They are hiding their configuration-howtos very well behind the prompts to download their native client. Zum Kotzen!!!!

If i were you, I would install the networkmanager-openvpn plugin and download this OpenVPN configuration file. It's a config for their server in Germany, if you life in another country you must look for this ovpn file for another server by yourself on their website.
When you add a new connection to NetworkManager, you can just open that config file, it will create a new VPN-Connection in NM and after that you can activate the VPN-Connection. Sometimes you must add your credentials to the new created connection.
Last edited by mægpie on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moshtin

Post by Moshtin »

Much appreciated!

serious96
ODROIDs: N2

Post by serious96 »

i have separate wifi ssid on same router, one is 2.4ghz ssid and 5ghz ssid. on latest clean image install, when selecting wifi connection i only got the 2.4ghz, i'm using odorid wifi module 5a. is there something i can do to make this work as it should?

edit:
after searching the internet, it's wifi channel setting that causing the problem. Before my router was set to auto channel and it assigned it self to channel 157.
after manually set my router to channel 149, my wifi ssid show up. i guess it's because the difference between wifi channel regulation in different region. my router is set to mainland china and the odroid box is set to US region.
strangely enough every mobile device in my home doesn't have this problem, maybe because it's a mobile device so it has to detect all available wifi regardless their region and channel regulation.

spikerguy
ODROIDs: HC4

Post by spikerguy »

istanbulls wrote:
-----------------------
For Oled Display;
I have totally forgot to repackage that for archlinux.

Hello @jgmdev
Did you pkg homecloud-display ?
I am currently looking into tobetters source just confused on dhelper packages.
Manjaro ARM Team

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

spikerguy wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:39 am
Hello @jgmdev
I have gotten immersed on the Archdroid project basic infrastructure to ease the maintenance, distribution of the packages for the ArchLinuxARM images, since it seems some stuff will not be upstreamed to ALARM. Anyways, I will try to finally focus and put a package for the homecloud-display, maybe this will also mean having to enable some kernel drivers, unless they are already enabled :D

spikerguy
ODROIDs: HC4

Post by spikerguy »

jgmdev wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:18 am
spikerguy wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:39 am
Hello @jgmdev
I have gotten immersed on the Archdroid project basic infrastructure to ease the maintenance, distribution of the packages for the ArchLinuxARM images, since it seems some stuff will not be upstreamed to ALARM. Anyways, I will try to finally focus and put a package for the homecloud-display, maybe this will also mean having to enable some kernel drivers, unless they are already enabled :D
I have already Packaged it for Arch Linux, you can find the PKGBUILD on Manjaro OS for HC4 thread.

Please try it and let me know if it works out of the box for you.

Thank You.
These users thanked the author spikerguy for the post:
jgmdev (Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:31 am)
Manjaro ARM Team

badziew
ODROIDs: N2+ 4GB

Post by badziew »

Hello,
after update to linux-odroid 5.11.7, system is not booting anymore.
I have checked boot.ini and it seems to be correct with all the required entries like UUID.

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

badziew wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:20 am
Hello,
after update to linux-odroid 5.11.7, system is not booting anymore.
I have checked boot.ini and it seems to be correct with all the required entries like UUID.
I'm running 5.11.7

Linux odroidn2 5.11.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 19 15:06:49 AST 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux
With this boot.ini

ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG

# DO Not Edit this line: KERNEL: mainline

setenv board "odroidn2"

# Show logo as soon as possible
showlogo

# System Label
setenv bootlabel "ArchLinux SSD"

# Default Console Device Setting
setenv condev "console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty1"

# Video Output
## preferred_resolution
## or

## petitboot_edid
##
## or
##    edid information.

## Uncomment to force petitboot been always set as

if test "${petitboot_edid}" != "" && test "${petitboot_active}" = "1"; then
    setenv voutput "drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/${petitboot_edid}.bin"
elif test "${preferred_resolution}" != ""; then
    setenv voutput "video=HDMI-A-1:${preferred_resolution}"
fi

# Boot Args
setenv bootargs "root=UUID=23037fcd-4a5b-6bc7-bbc8-6367d1fa5c27 rootwait rw"
setenv bootargs "${bootargs} mitigations=off ${condev}"
setenv bootargs "${bootargs} logo=osd0,loaded no_console_suspend"
setenv bootargs "${bootargs} fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 cma=800M"
setenv bootargs "${bootargs} clk_ignore_unused ${voutput}"

# Set load addresses
setenv dtb_loadaddr "0x20000000"
setenv loadaddr "0x1080000"
setenv initrd_loadaddr "0x4080000"

# Load kernel, dtb and initrd
load mmc ${devno}:1 ${loadaddr} /Image
if test "${variant}" = "n2_plus"; then
    load mmc ${devno}:1 ${dtb_loadaddr} /dtbs/amlogic/meson64_odroidn2_plus.dtb
else
    load mmc ${devno}:1 ${dtb_loadaddr} /dtbs/amlogic/meson64_odroidn2.dtb
fi
load mmc ${devno}:1 ${initrd_loadaddr} /initramfs-linux.uimg

# boot
booti ${loadaddr} ${initrd_loadaddr} ${dtb_loadaddr}
badziew (Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:20 am)

badziew
ODROIDs: N2+ 4GB

Post by badziew »

Thanks for showing interest! I will check if the posted boot.ini works and report back soon.

EDIT: This one works! Thank you!
These users thanked the author badziew for the post:
jgmdev (Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:13 pm)

Moshtin

Post by Moshtin »

Hi, really silly question (I guess) but should I be updating everything with the update manager? I have been routinely but it appears to have been slowly changing settings and not running things correctly to the point I reinstalled the image from scratch again..

Regards

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

Moshtin wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:59 am
Hi, really silly question (I guess) but should I be updating everything with the update manager? I have been routinely but it appears to have been slowly changing settings and not running things correctly to the point I reinstalled the image from scratch again..

Regards
There seems to be an upstream change with waybar so recent waybar-git package that provides the top bar wasn´t working, to fix one may install stable waybar (non git) package instead. The issue as shown by waybar it self (console log) may be https://github.com/wmww/gtk-layer-shell ... ibility.md

Also you can compare your local config files with https://github.com/archdroid-org/alarm- ... rm/.config and adjust if needed.

Once I write the automatic image generator/uploader script new images will be automatically released (if everything goes well).

Edit: I also forgot to mention that with latest wlroots there was a mesa/panfrost bug that prevents newest wlroots compositor from starting if the environment variable WLR_RENDERER_ALLOW_SOFTWARE=1 isn´t set but it seems to already have been fixed on mesa upstream https://github.com/swaywm/wlroots/issues/2703

jgmdev

Post by jgmdev »

jgmdev wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 am
There seems to be an upstream change with waybar so recent waybar-git package that provides the top bar wasn´t working...
The issue was with the cpu usage module introducing a change that depended on /proc/cpuinfo to retrieve the supported CPU frequencies which doesn´t works for ARM devices, I sent a commit to alternatively use /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq which was merged so next 0.9.7 release when on archlinuxarm will have the fix. Current stable waybar package is at 0.9.6 so it has the bug that causes the crash but the waybar-git package on archdroid repo already has the fix.

Return to “Arch Linux ARM (ALARM)”