Mali Midgard driver porting to newer kernel 5.6, 5.9 and 5.10

AdrianB
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Been thanked: 0

Mali Midgard driver porting to newer kernel 5.6, 5.9 and 5.10

Post by AdrianB »

Hello,

I'm facing ugly problems with my Odroid XU4 and panfrost drivers. Even the driver is loading and detecting my T620 GPU, when I'm trying to use Mesa 20.2.6 or 20.3.2 is still detecting only the software rendering. I've tried to add T620 as supported GPU in Mesa gallium/drivers/panfrost/pan_screen.c but I'm getting a kernel driver crash and the Odroid is getting stuck.
Now I'm trying to port the OpenSource Mali Midgard driver from the official ARM site and I've success to add/change the code for different Kernel versions up to 5.10 and also keeping the compilation for older kernels.
Now there are few small steps to complete the port, but I've notice that starting with Kernel 5.6 function

Code: Select all

void *dma_buf_kmap(struct dma_buf *dmabuf, unsigned long page_num)
was removed from the kernel code.
The problem is that I can't find any documentation who to replace this function. Another idea was to try to replicate the code inside the Mali driver, but I wish to use a clear code and use Linux Kernel function instead rebuilding the removed functions.
Any ideas?
I want to upload my patched driver on my github after I'm fixing these portability issues: https://github.com/EasyNetDev/mali-midgard

Kind regards,
Adrian

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Mali Midgard driver porting to newer kernel 5.6, 5.9 and 5.10

Post by odroid »

Join to this 5.10 dev thread.
viewtopic.php?f=184&t=41300
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
AdrianB (Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:04 am)