Sinden Lightgun received - weak Pi instructions no help on OGST

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian
emptyinside
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Sinden Lightgun received - weak Pi instructions no help on OGST

Post by emptyinside »

I got my Sinden Lightgun last week and have been struggling to get it going ever since. It's cool as hell, well built, and seems to be the future of light gun technology. Since it's still pretty much Beta nothing is easy of course. The install directions are almost completely for Windows and Pi and are not real clear even then. On a Pi video, the guy clicked on one thing in a menu and it was all done for him. I don't mind putting in a little more work to keep rocking my OGST but I am stuck as can be. I added the dependencies needed for the Linux ARM install to complete. Also later tried x86 32bit just to cover my bases before asking for help.
I can see the drivers in /dev/input/by-id although it says "unknown" on 2 of the 3 so maybe it's not really recognizing them.
It says to put some files in /home/Pi/Roms/port so I created the folder on my external HD (/home/odroid/ROMS/port) but I couldn't figure out how to change permissions since it would revert as soon as I clicked anything. Put them in the odroid folder instead then, changed permissions, and changed directories in the port folder files so they lead to where the LightgunMono executable is.
Regardless of where it is I should be able to run the "sudo mono LightgunMono.exe sdl 30" command, as it says to start the test, and I get:
Copyright Sinden Technology 2020.
Beta Tester Version.
Only for use with offical Sinden Lightguns.

Or without sudo if it gives any hints (doubt it haha):
Beta Tester Version.
Permission denied

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.IOException: Bad file descriptor
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPortStream.ThrowIOException () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPortStream.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPortStream.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

If anybody would like to check em out, the drivers and files are at https://www.sindenlightgun.com/drivers/
I know it's early and gremlins are still going to pop up but, with all TV's being LCD, this is a real game changer for light gun games and their capabilities. Pun intended. Ha!

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Re: Sinden Lightgun received - weak Pi instructions no help on OGST

Post by meveric »

try:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install -t jessie mono-runtime
it's a newer version of mono.

then try to start:

mono LightgunMono.exe
in the Player 1 folder of the Pi-Arm folder.
For me it says:

$ mono LightgunMono.exe
Beta Tester Version.
Error please connect Sinden Lightgun. E1
since I don't have that Lightgun it won't work for me.
These users thanked the author meveric for the post:
emptyinside (Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:05 pm)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

emptyinside
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Post by emptyinside »

After getting a few depends squared away that ended up being quite a large install/update. Restarted and ran with no difference in result. I think it's got to be a driver issue. Was a pain getting the drivers working on my Windows 8.1 PC but I could get into the calibration after 40 minutes of reading and bitching, at least, where as here that's not even happening. No doubt that the mono update will be helpful though. I suppose it'd be a good idea to message them and let them know there are non Pi users buying their product and to help us out. Again, it's early in development so I'm not freaking out yet. Thanks for the update!

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Post by meveric »

well there are other images that might work.
The OGST image is by now very dated. And the drivers were made for "Retropi" which is another distro you can get for ODROIDs as well.
Not sure if it runs better on it though.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Return to “OGST-XU4”