Amstrad CPC 6128

millim
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid GO

Amstrad CPC 6128

Post by millim »

Hello Community!

At the time the Amstrad CPC came out in the 80th, I was fascinated what lies within the creativity of computer games. It was my first computer where me and by brothers spent days and nights playing games. What a perfect time looking back from now. It was also the time I got fascinated by how a computer works, I have started to learn digital science and computer programming, finding hacks and game cheats in first place. Well, there is always a way to start with :-)

Now, sever centuries later, I came in touch with the Odroid GO by searching for ESP32 programming and evaluation board references. I liked already the ESP8266 for doing some nice IOT projects on my own for home automation purpose. Then, after purchasing an Odroid GO, I have started to upload some nice EMUs checking some games.

Well, then I was looking for a Amstrad CPC EMU for the Odroid GO. As far as I know, there is no public version available. I was caught by the idea playing my favorite games I was addicted to in my youth 30 years later on this tiny ESP32. How could such a big machine fit to half a square inch of space?

Then I started with the end of mind. Searching for a simulator platform saving me some development time capable to develop the wrapper on a decent PC. On the Amstrad CPC, I searched for a good starting point to develope from. I decided to go for the Caprice Palm OS version. It was the most flexible and most decent version of the original Caprice32 version. Still a mystery to me how to develop an EMU. Well done Ulrich Doewich and Frederic Coste! Every thing else is history.

Here we go, a first pre-release of the ESP32, Odroid GO version of the Caprice CPC engine is made available here:
https://github.com/grantrismo/CapriceESP32

You will find a additional notes and a user manual inside the repository.

Have Fun!
millim
These users thanked the author millim for the post (total 4):
alektronic (Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:27 am) • jafox (Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:04 am) • odroid (Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:27 pm) • amstradcpc (Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:46 pm)

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128

Post by mad_ady »

It's never too later for a new emulator!
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
millim (Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:09 am)

amstradcpc
ODROIDs: Odroid-GO
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128

Post by amstradcpc »

Listening to the vocal synthesis of Throne Legacy and Orphée on my Odroid Go, nice !

I will be able to play more to the last games of the CPCRetroDev 2020 in the train going to work now thanks to you.

Return to “Game Emulators”