voodik
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian

[ROM ATV][LineageOS 17.1][Android 10.0][voodik] for the ODROID-N2

Post by voodik »

Call for beta test : LineageOS-17.1 based Android TV for Odroid-N2

atv_n2_q.png
atv_n2_q.png (247.13 KiB) Viewed 6186 times

How-to install.
For first time you need prepare your emmc/sd with spercial selfinstall image.
You can find latest version here

Code: Select all

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/S922X/ODROID-N2/Android/LineageOTA-17.1-ATV/builds/selfinstall/
Image flashing guide.
https://wiki.odroid.com/troubleshooting ... hing_tools

For Google apps please read this.
https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
Also after you register your Android framework ID, please wait some time (30-60 minutes) then reboot Odroid and try to add Google Account.

Extra:
  • tvheadend
  • aptX aptXHD ldac Bluetooth codecs
Changelog:

20201031 64 bit Alpha-0.2
* Fixed inactive Play Store menu
* Added Realtek WIFI 8188eus driver
* Added persist.wifi_arg property to set WIFI module loading arguments.
* Fixed rtl8812au minor issues
* Fixed minor WIFI and BT issues 
* Removed/Cleanup some unused things
* tvheadend updated to latest version
* Merge with last BSP changes
* Lineage merge with upstream
20200625 Alpha-v0.1
* first alpha release
Last edited by voodik on Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author voodik for the post (total 6):
Sav (Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:22 pm) • Rmiino (Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:54 pm) • loznic89 (Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:07 am) • baalho (Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 am) • Shellite (Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:22 am) • logo00 (Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:38 pm)
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

voodik

Re: [ROM ATV][LineageOS 17.1][Android 10.0][voodik] for the ODROID-N2

Post by voodik »

Tips:

Root Access
Magisk-21.0

List of custom properties introduced by me

Disable Bluetooth service globally. If you don't have a compatible USB Bluetooth dongle BT service keep crashing.
So disable it by default.

persist.disable_bluetooth true|false default:true
Enable/Disable Bluetooth A2DP Sink support

persist.service.bt.a2dp.sink true|false default:false
Enable/Disable GPS support

persist.disable_location true|false default:false
Enable/Disable WiFi power saving. Most of USB WiFi modules have a problems with power saving mode.
So Disable it by default.

persist.enable_wlan_ps true|false default:false
Some AP have a wrong timestamp and Android framework filter out this AP.
If You don't see your AP in WiFi scan results set this property true.

persist.wifi_fixts true|false default:false
WiFi Linkstats is feature depending driver implementation, at this moment almost all USB drivers does not implement this feature.
Some of them have Linkstats support but it working wrong and crash whole WiFi service.
So i disable it by default.

persist.disable_wifi_linkstats true|false default:true
Enable/Disable Shutdown without confirmation feature.
Set it true if you want shutdown your Board without confirmation by POWER button long press.

persist.pwbtn.shutdown true|false default:false
Device tree tricks
We can modify our dtbs from bootloader to Enable/Disable or change configuration of dtb nodes.
We can add those commands to boot.ini before bootm command.

Enable UART_EE_A(ttyS1) port on 40Pin Header (disabled by default)

fdt set /serial@ffd24000 status "okay"
Enable GPIO Buttons (by default 4 GPIO keys konfigured as F7-F10 keys)
You can remap them at boot stage by changing "linux,code" value.
In this example we are change Button1 and Button2 to function as Volume UP/DOWN.
And at the last line we need Enable GPIO buttons (disabled by default)

fdt set /gpio_keys_polled/button@1 "linux,code" "<115>"
fdt set /gpio_keys_polled/button@2 "linux,code" "<114>"
fdt set /gpio_keys_polled status "okay"
List of Linux keycodes
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/blo ... des.h#L189

Google Services Framework Android ID
You can get it from Odroid Settings> Misc > GSF ID
To get GSF Android ID from cmd use this commands

Windows command line

adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db 'select * from main where name = \"android_id\";'
Terminal app

sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db 'select * from main where name = "android_id";'
Last edited by voodik on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy me a beer ;)
dump logs

Sav
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2

Post by Sav »

Hi Voodik, thanks.
Is it possible to upgrade from Atv lineage 16?

voodik

Post by voodik »

Sav wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:24 pm
Hi Voodik, thanks.
Is it possible to upgrade from Atv lineage 16?
No, i released selfinstall images only, because Lineage-17.1 is using different recovery and update from 16.0 is not recommended.
Buy me a beer ;)
dump logs

bpman14
ODROIDs: N2
Been thanked: 0

Post by bpman14 »

Voodik,

I have installed this ATV version and having issues with inputting password for WiFi. The on screen keyboard will not go to uppercase when u click the uppercase on keyboard, the keyboard goes away. I can use my air mouse keyboard to input the info correctly but when u choose the next on the onscreen keyboard, the keyboard disappears on screen and doesn't actually go to next screen, so unable to connect to the wifi at this time. I tried with mouse and a regular keyboard with same behavior.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

marcxpr

Post by marcxpr »

The issue i ha e with this version is that playstore perform really poor. Its pretty laggy. The rest work fine.

voodik

Post by voodik »

bpman14 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 am
Voodik,

I have installed this ATV version and having issues with inputting password for WiFi. The on screen keyboard will not go to uppercase when u click the uppercase on keyboard, the keyboard goes away. I can use my air mouse keyboard to input the info correctly but when u choose the next on the onscreen keyboard, the keyboard disappears on screen and doesn't actually go to next screen, so unable to connect to the wifi at this time. I tried with mouse and a regular keyboard with same behavior.

Thanks for reporting, i will check for that.
Buy me a beer ;)
dump logs

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

Hi

Here is what i have found so far for info only

Odroid Settings - Click on CPU and pick any options and the app closes and displays nothing i.e big cores, governers etc
Play Store - Top menu not available initially, however it must of updated itself and now works
App Drawer - Same as above kept saying it was an old version and needed updating, but if you select update it stated app not available, however after playstore updated this now works fine with no message shown
Android TV Settings - Click on Remote Accessories and nothing appears just goes back to main screen So cannot add a BT mouse or Gamepad (Bt Activated)
App Drawer - does not show all apps that are installed. about 25% missing (installed from GPS not side loaded), however they are available by adding a favourite to home screen
Keyboard - Needed to enter a password in Google Play Store the Leanback keyboard would not respond to air mouse clicks or normal remote clicks to enter any characters, not a biggie as i have a wireless keyboard.

UPDATE

Managed to get Remote Accessories to open up in the end, only thing i did was add a bluetooth scan app and rebooted, opening app triggered a menu item then scanning worked in the app, so not sure what the cause of this was?

Passthrough for anything above Dolby Digital (ie eac3 dd+) broken but that is hardkernel issue not rom

Auto Framerate in Odroid settings does not do anything to be fair (not in tivimate or kodi) however installing Afrd does the job fine

Once i managed to work out how to install Magisk (simpler than i though lol)the rom is actually working pretty nice for what i need
These users thanked the author thering1975 for the post:
marcxpr (Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:58 am)

marcxpr

Post by marcxpr »

thering1975 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:57 pm
Hi

Odroid Settings - Click on CPU and pick any options and the app closes and displays nothing i.e big cores, governers etc
Play Store - Top menu not available initially, however it must of updated itself and now works
App Drawer - Same as above kept saying it was an old version and needed updating, but if you select update it stated app not available, however after playstore updated this now works fine with no message shown
Android TV Settings - Click on Remote Accessories and nothing appears just goes back to main screen So cannot add a BT mouse or Gamepad (Bt Activated)
App Drawer - does not show all apps that are installed. about 25% missing (installed from GPS not side loaded), however they are available by adding a favourite to home screen
Keyboard - Needed to enter a password in Google Play Store the Leanback keyboard would not respond to air mouse clicks or normal remote clicks to enter any characters, not a biggie as i have a wireless keyboard.

UPDATE

Managed to get Remote Accessories to open up in the end, only thing i did was add a bluetooth scan app and rebooted, opening app triggered a menu item then scanning worked in the app, so not sure what the cause of this was?

Passthrough for anything above Dolby Digital (ie eac3 dd+) broken but that is hardkernel issue not rom

Auto Framerate in Odroid settings does not do anything to be fair (not in tivimate or kodi) however installing Afrd does the job fine

Once i managed to work out how to install Magisk (simpler than i though lol)the rom is actually working pretty nice for what i need
Do PlayStore runs laggy for you on this ROM?

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

After it updated i wouldnt say i really noticed any lag in playstore

loznic89
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2

Post by loznic89 »

thank you voodik for new ROM android 10!!

jackass23
ODROIDs: Xu4 / n2
Has thanked: 0

Post by jackass23 »

thering1975 wrote:
Hi

UPDATE

I have been struggling so far with getting Bluetooth to work on ANY of the Lineage OS ATV / Non-ATV Builds. What was the Bluetooth Scan App that you used? And what Bluetooth Dongle do you have? The official one by HardKernel/Ameridroid? Thanks in advance!!

bpman14

Post by bpman14 »

voodik wrote:
bpman14 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:48 am
Voodik,

Thanks for reporting, i will check for that.
I was able to connect via Ethernet and download app Android TV keyboard and switch keyboard over to that keyboard instead of the included leanback keyboard and was able to input password and click the next and connected successfully.

bpman14

Post by bpman14 »

jackass23 wrote:
thering1975 wrote:
Hi

UPDATE

I have been struggling so far with getting Bluetooth to work on ANY of the Lineage OS ATV / Non-ATV Builds. What was the Bluetooth Scan App that you used? And what Bluetooth Dongle do you have? The official one by HardKernel/Ameridroid? Thanks in advance!!
To get the Bluetooth enabled you need to go to odroid settings ,misc settings and unclick the disable bluetooth service. I then rebooted and the remote and accessories no longer closed back to home screen and began searching for accessories.

jackass23

Post by jackass23 »

bpman14 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:41 pm
jackass23 wrote:
thering1975 wrote:
Hi

UPDATE

To get the Bluetooth enabled you need to go to odroid settings ,misc settings and unclick the disable bluetooth service. I then rebooted and the remote and accessories no longer closed back to home screen and began searching for accessories.

I did that, but during the scan process, there are never any devices that show up. I have brought over 4 different bluetooth devices placed near the BT Module and none of them are ever discovered. It just scans forever until I manually exit. I just need to know which Bluetooth module people are using that is compatible with the Lineage OS Builds.

bpman14

Post by bpman14 »

jackass23 wrote:
bpman14 wrote:
jackass23 wrote:
thering1975 wrote:
Hi

UPDATE

I did that, but during the scan process, there are never any devices that show up. I have brought over 4 different bluetooth devices placed near the BT Module and none of them are ever discovered. It just scans forever until I manually exit. I just need to know which Bluetooth module people are using that is compatible with the Lineage OS Builds.
The Bluetooth dongle that I have that is working is below. I have tested some Bluetooth speakers and PS4 controller with it and both work. Voodik would need to know what Bluetooth dongle you have to advise on compatibility.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IM8YKPW/re ... cFb7EMRDHX

jackass23

Post by jackass23 »

jackass23 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:30 pm
bpman14 wrote:
jackass23 wrote:
thering1975 wrote:
Hi

UPDATE

Thank you for giving me that link! I actually went out to my local electronics store last night and purchased 3 different Bluetooth Dongles and the one that was a whopping $20 actually worked with my Lineage OS TV image. I will probably go ahead and purchase a few of the ones you provided so that helps. But finally I just thought I was going crazy because I purchased the 'official' Bluetooth Module from Hardkernel's affiliate Ameridroid, but in fact it was a problem with the dongle itself. Thanks again

baalho

Post by baalho »

Thank you voodik for the rom!
edit:
fixed my problem with IR remote setup
basically, replaced remote.tab1 with my custom remote.tab4.
Andy also updated remote.tab4 in /odm with my to match my remote.tab1

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

@voodik Hi currently i use this on my N2 i have N2+ coming tomorrow, will i be able to use this version on that for now (i do understand that if i can it will be standard N2 clock speeds only)

voodik

Post by voodik »

thering1975 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:16 am
@voodik Hi currently i use this on my N2 i have N2+ coming tomorrow, will i be able to use this version on that for now (i do understand that if i can it will be standard N2 clock speeds only)
I am working on new version. I hope It will be available on this week.
Buy me a beer ;)
dump logs

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

voodik wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 am
thering1975 wrote:
Thanks for the update, did try and build an atv version meself but lost my sanity in the process so will leave it to the pros!

roterdrachen
languages_spoken: english deutsch

Post by roterdrachen »

Hi I installed latest image "selfinstall-odroidn2-lineage-17.1_alpha-0.1_20200625.ATV.img.zip" and the Playstore top menu is not available. Playstore doesn´t update either. Also I have problems with sound via HDMI, I currently use the Hardkernel BT module with BT speakers. Please have a look at these issues.

squidd
ODROIDs: N2+

Post by squidd »

Does this Android TV image have all of the same drivers as the official Odroid Android 9.0 image? I ask because I want to use the board for emulation, and supposedly the official Android 9 image is the only one with vulkan drivers. But the UI on that image is really hard to navigate, and doesn't look amazing. But the emulation I've tried so far is working very, very well.

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

squidd wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:10 pm
Does this Android TV image have all of the same drivers as the official Odroid Android 9.0 image? I ask because I want to use the board for emulation, and supposedly the official Android 9 image is the only one with vulkan drivers. But the UI on that image is really hard to navigate, and doesn't look amazing. But the emulation I've tried so far is working very, very well.
Just fired up Retroarch and Vulkan is there

squidd

Post by squidd »

I actually forgot to ask, maybe this is why I thought it didn't have the correct drivers, does it also work for the N2+?

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

squidd wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:14 am
I actually forgot to ask, maybe this is why I thought it didn't have the correct drivers, does it also work for the N2+?
Yes the check i made was on the N2+ be the same for the N2

JBTechGuru

Post by JBTechGuru »

Hi Voodik,
I am looking for a wireless card dongle for my N2 that is compatible with your ROM. Which ones do you recommend? I tried using a Linksys AC1200 (Realtek RTL8812AU) wireless adapter, but was unable to get it work.

voodik

Post by voodik »

JBTechGuru wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:34 am
Hi Voodik,
I am looking for a wireless card dongle for my N2 that is compatible with your ROM. Which ones do you recommend? I tried using a Linksys AC1200 (Realtek RTL8812AU) wireless adapter, but was unable to get it work.
Can you post USB Vid/Pid of your dongle?
Buy me a beer ;)
dump logs

JBTechGuru

Post by JBTechGuru »

The Vid/Pid of my dongle is 13b1:0039. When checking the lsusb output, it appears I have made a mistake, the dongle is actually a Linksys AE1200 802.11bgn Wireless Adapter [Broadcom BCM43235].

Shellite

Post by Shellite »

I installed this rom last night, it was my first time trying Lineage on the Odroid N2... everything so far seems to work very well.

My only issue is that when I hit power on TV and CEC powers up the odroid, the odroid boots up faster than the TV's display and I get a resolution out of range error. If I power cycle the odroid it comes up fine, I guess I will need to set a static resolution in Lineage :)

logo00
languages_spoken: english, german

Post by logo00 »

voodik wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 am
thering1975 wrote:
Dear voodik,

first, thank you for your hard work and the awesome rom you published. Did you work also on the HDMI Passthrough bug? When you release the next update?

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

LG

istanbulls
languages_spoken: Turkish
ODROIDs: ODROID; N2, C4, XU4, N2+, CH4

Post by istanbulls »

I do not use Android much.
ATV is the least OS I've tested.
I wanted to watch CL (footbal) with IPTV last night, it restarted after 3-5 minutes.
I've had a valid issue for both LineageOS-17.1 (TV Rom) and LineageOS-16 (TV Rom).
I tested different IPTV programs and VLC, it restarts after 3-5 minutes.
I searched forrum, nobody has made such a complaint. Can it be special for me :)

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

Ive used all the roms for IPTV testing with Tivimate app and have had no issues at all, running 8 hours plus no issues

voodik

Post by voodik »

Update :!:

20201031 64 bit Alpha-0.2
* Fixed inactive Play Store menu
* Added Realtek WIFI 8188eus driver
* Added persist.wifi_arg property to set WIFI module loading arguments.
* Fixed rtl8812au minor issues
* Fixed minor WIFI and BT issues 
* Removed/Cleanup some unused things
* tvheadend updated to latest version
* Merge with last BSP changes
* Lineage merge with upstream
After update please disable automatic updates in Play Store.
Also uninstall updates for the following apps

Google app for Android TV
Google Play Music
Google Play Movies & TV
In first version Updater URL is wrong so please download and run update manually.

Latest version

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/S922X/ODROID-N2/Android/LineageOTA-17.1-ATV/builds/full/lineage-17.1-20201031-unofficial-odroidn2-signed-alpha-0.2.ATV.zip
These users thanked the author voodik for the post (total 2):
tobetter (Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:42 pm) • loznic89 (Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:43 pm)
Buy me a beer ;)
dump logs

voodik

Post by voodik »

If you facing problems with bad Bluetooth quality, disconnects, noise, short radio range etc. read this
https://www.bluetoothandusb3.com/the-explanation

In my case if any USB 3.0 device is connected to one of 4 USB 3.0 ports and also Bluetooth module is connected one of them I get a huge lag.
(no problem when only USB 2.0 devices is connected)
So solution is move Bluetooth dongle to USB OTG port. Or use USB 2.0 hub
Buy me a beer ;)
dump logs

jd637

Post by jd637 »

thering1975 wrote:
Hi

UPDATE

I've tried all day to install Magisk, but have had no luck. Do you mind telling me a bit more on how you were able to get it working? Fastboot doesn't work for me (always stuck at Hardkernel logo, same as this person's issue), so I can't use that method. I was able to flash boot with the dd command (as described here), and I confirmed the boot file is changed by using the ls -l command, but after rebooting that file appears to revert to the original version (checked again using ls -l command shows a date of 1970 instead of 2020).

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

@voodik That's a nice resource for bt interferrence, thanks!

@jd637 You can flash Magisk zip from the recovery. You can use the Odroid Settings app to start Update, select the Magisk zip. It will reboot to recovery anf it will fail. You continue and select it from recovery to continue.
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
jd637 (Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:47 pm)

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

jd637 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:35 am
thering1975 wrote:
Hi

UPDATE

I've tried all day to install Magisk, but have had no luck. Do you mind telling me a bit more on how you were able to get it working? Fastboot doesn't work for me (always stuck at Hardkernel logo, same as this person's issue), so I can't use that method. I was able to flash boot with the dd command (as described here), and I confirmed the boot file is changed by using the ls -l command, but after rebooting that file appears to revert to the original version (checked again using ls -l command shows a date of 1970 instead of 2020).
If i recall correctly,, download the zip to internal sd card. Now its been a while but in developer options turn on Local terminal. Enter command reboot recovery and the device should reboot to recovery, then theres an option like Install update or very similar but you will know the one, then navigate to the file you downloaded and install then reboot.
jd637 (Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:47 pm)

jd637

Post by jd637 »

mad_ady wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:10 am
@jd637 You can flash Magisk zip from the recovery. You can use the Odroid Settings app to start Update, select the Magisk zip. It will reboot to recovery anf it will fail. You continue and select it from recovery to continue.
The Odroid Settings app crashes when i select the Zip file. I select Update-->From Downloaded Package. The file browser opens and when I select the Magisk Zip, the Odroid Settings tray/app just closes and nothing happens.
thering1975 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:26 am
If i recall correctly,, download the zip to internal sd card. Now its been a while but in developer options turn on Local terminal. Enter command reboot recovery and the device should reboot to recovery, then theres an option like Install update or very similar but you will know the one, then navigate to the file you downloaded and install then reboot.
Thanks for the info. I followed the steps, and while they were indeed super easy, it doesn't appear to have worked. The update seemed to have applied successfully, but upon reboot, the Magisk Manager still gives no indication that Magisk has been installed. To confirm my steps, in Magisk Manager I chose Install-->Download Zip Only, and then used that downloaded zip file as-is for the update in recovery mode. Was I supposed to modify or patch that file in any way?

I'm just at a loss here. I don't know what's going on. I even tried re-installing/flashing the eMMC with a fresh LineageOS 17.1 before performing these steps again. Do you think there's something wrong with my N2+? Am I missing a little jumper or switch somewhere on the device that is preventing rooting the device?

Edit: I started again with a fresh install of the regular/non-ATV version of LineageOS 17.1, tried both methods of installing Magisk (recovery and dd), and got the same results. So frustrating. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you for the help.

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

if you used Voodiks file that he posted upon install, you will have magisk manager installed. If youy installed this first before flashing, i would remove it, and then flash again. When you boot back in if the magisk app is showing in the odroid app screen not the standard atv one, then you are done.
jd637 (Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 pm)

jd637

Post by jd637 »

thering1975 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:13 pm
if you used Voodiks file that he posted upon install, you will have magisk manager installed. If youy installed this first before flashing, i would remove it, and then flash again. When you boot back in if the magisk app is showing in the odroid app screen not the standard atv one, then you are done.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I may not be understanding correctly. I used Etcher to flash my eMMC with "selfinstall-odroidn2-lineage-17.1_alpha-0.1_20200625.ATV.img", and upon initial boot of the N2+, I don't have the Magisk Manager app. Are you saying that app should already be installed?

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

No, it gets installed once you flash the Magisk zip.
Your steps should have worked...

jd637

Post by jd637 »

mad_ady wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:13 pm
No, it gets installed once you flash the Magisk zip.
Your steps should have worked...
Does it matter that all three of the SafetyNet tests in Magisk Manager fail (basicIntegrity, ctsProfile, and evalType BASIC)? Is that normal?

jd637

Post by jd637 »

Okay, I finally got Magisk working! I'm not sure if it was because I installed it via adb sideload or because I used a different/non-official Magisk zip ("Magisk-N2-new-signed.zip", posted by Voodik in another thread i think). Either way, it's working great now. It's still failing the SafetyNet tests, but that doesn't appear to be affecting anything for me yet.

I installed the PPSSPP emulator as well as Geforce NOW and had a great experience playing some games last night. PSP Outrun 2006 at 3x resolution was glorious. :)

Also, FYI, I was experiencing the issue that thering1975 reported about Odroid Settings-->CPU not working, but that appears to be fixed in Alpha 0.2 release. Working fine for me now. Thanks Voodik.

Now if I could only figure out how to dual-boot LineageOS and CoreElec. Flipping the switch to SPI and powering on up brings me to Petitboot, but upon selecting Android Pie the signal is lost. I won't clog this thread up with questions about that. From my initial research, I see that it's a known issue with Petitboot and not a LineageOS issue.

Thank you all for your help, and of course, thank you Voodik for all of your hard work.

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

jd637 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:16 pm
Okay, I finally got Magisk working! I'm not sure if it was because I installed it via adb sideload or because I used a different/non-official Magisk zip ("Magisk-N2-new-signed.zip", posted by Voodik in another thread i think). Either way, it's working great now. It's still failing the SafetyNet tests, but that doesn't appear to be affecting anything for me yet.

I installed the PPSSPP emulator as well as Geforce NOW and had a great experience playing some games last night. PSP Outrun 2006 at 3x resolution was glorious. :)

Also, FYI, I was experiencing the issue that thering1975 reported about Odroid Settings-->CPU not working, but that appears to be fixed in Alpha 0.2 release. Working fine for me now. Thanks Voodik.

Now if I could only figure out how to dual-boot LineageOS and CoreElec. Flipping the switch to SPI and powering on up brings me to Petitboot, but upon selecting Android Pie the signal is lost. I won't clog this thread up with questions about that. From my initial research, I see that it's a known issue with Petitboot and not a LineageOS issue.

Thank you all for your help, and of course, thank you Voodik for all of your hard work.
Make sure you flash the latest Petitboot released a few weeks back, solved all boot issues / screen blank for me
jd637 (Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:03 pm)

jd637

Post by jd637 »

thering1975 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 am
Make sure you flash the latest Petitboot released a few weeks back, solved all boot issues / screen blank for me
That did it. Thanks for the tip! I can now successfully dual boot LineageOS ATV (16 GB eMMC) and CoreELEC (256 GB microSD).

jd637

Post by jd637 »

Anyone else having trouble getting the app switcher ("Recent Apps") function to work. I've tried two mini keyboards and a couple of button mapper apps, but no luck. The Button Mapper app registers the keboard input but after mapping the button to it to Recent Apps action it doesn't do anything. Same for "Last App" action. I just want to confirm with you guys that these functions are working for you and it's not a LineageOS ATV issue before I continue troubleshooting my setup.

thering1975

Post by thering1975 »

jd637 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:08 pm
Anyone else having trouble getting the app switcher ("Recent Apps") function to work. I've tried two mini keyboards and a couple of button mapper apps, but no luck. The Button Mapper app registers the keboard input but after mapping the button to it to Recent Apps action it doesn't do anything. Same for "Last App" action. I just want to confirm with you guys that these functions are working for you and it's not a LineageOS ATV issue before I continue troubleshooting my setup.
On ATV the recent apps function is not as relevant as it is on standard Android. I have never invoked it on purpose albeit it has popped up once when i was randomnly mashing keys lol. Atv is more designed to go back to home screen and quickly select app

However i understand some do like that feature so im not much help there, i know i only used it before when CLOSE ALL was an option (this was on a gt king pro), and i replaced that with a kill all app and a widget on home screen.

jd637

Post by jd637 »

thering1975 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:32 pm
jd637 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:08 pm
On ATV the recent apps function is not as relevant as it is on standard Android. I have never invoked it on purpose albeit it has popped up once when i was randomnly mashing keys lol. Atv is more designed to go back to home screen and quickly select app

However i understand some do like that feature so im not much help there, i know i only used it before when CLOSE ALL was an option (this was on a gt king pro), and i replaced that with a kill all app and a widget on home screen.
Yeah, after some research I basically came to the conclusion that the Recent Apps feature isn't available on Android TV, which is fine. As you mentioned, it's not that big of a deal. I just thought there was something wrong with my remote or my install of LineageOS. I ended up achieving the functionality I wanted with a couple of apps -- Dashboard (easy to switch between the last few used apps), and Background Apps & Processes List (easy to see what's open and close stuff). Along with the Button Mapper app, everything is working great. I even figured out how to fix the SafetyNet issues (here's the YouTube video that helped me, if anyone's interested).

There's really only one more thing I'm stuck on and that's setting up a custom IR remote configuration. The remote.conf file is not in /system/etc/ as described in the Ordoid Wiki. I ended up finding a remote.cfg in /vendor/etc/, but I can't figure out how to edit it. I've granted Sudo permissions to Terminal and Shell, tried through adb root, but it always shows "File is Unwritable" in nano. Any idea how I can modify this file?

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

You may need to remount /vendor as rw

Return to “Android”