ODroid-C4 Statement of Volatility

sgfuller31
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C4, ODROID-XU4
Been thanked: 0

ODroid-C4 Statement of Volatility

Post by sgfuller31 »

Hello,

I would like to use the Odroid C4 in an environment where a statement of volatility is required. My organization requires this for devices with on-board memory of any kind. Do you already have a statement of volatility regarding the onboard memory devices of the Odroid-C4? If not, my organization is looking for:

• What on-board memory devices exist on the Odroid-C4?
• Are they volatile or non-volatile?
• A guarantee that no data will be written to any on-board non-volatile memory. (This can be conditioned upon user design / applications. Also, by "on-board" the microSD card or the eMMC is not considered on-board since they are removable).

The context of this is that my organization wants to ensure that no data is retained on the board unless intentionally written to non-volatile memory by the user design or user applications.

I'm happy to answer any additional questions you may have. I'm aware that this is a rather odd request, and that I could come up with my own answer, but my organization requires a statement from the manufacturer.

Thank you for your help.

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Re: ODroid-C4 Statement of Volatility

Post by mad_ady »

Is there a standard document template that needs to be filled and approved by some authority?

sgfuller31

Post by sgfuller31 »

There isn't necessarily a standard document template as far as I'm aware, but many manufactures give this information in just a simple email message.

There are some examples here: https://howtowritealetter.net/letter-of-volatility.html

Essentially all that I really need is what I mentioned in the original post. A list of the memory devices on the board, whether they are volatile or non-volatile, and a guarantee that no user data will be written to any on-board non-volatile memory.

Some manufacturers further break the list down into "user information" or "system information", which is nice but probably not entirely necessary for my use case. Some also include procedures to clear memory devices such as "remove power for 30 seconds" on volatile memory, but that is also not necessary in my case.

Thank you again for your support. We're excited at the possibility of using Odroid-C4s in our application.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

There are four Samsung DDR4 DRAM chips (K4A8G165WC-BCTD) on the ODROID-C4 board.
The DRAM is always volatile obviously.

There is no non-volatile memory chip on the board. Look at the full schematics.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c4/hardw ... _datasheet
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
sgfuller31 (Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:37 pm)

sgfuller31

Post by sgfuller31 »

Thank you!

Return to “General Topics”