Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

tobetter wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:05 pm
odroidn2user wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 pm
jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm
:| :| why so much laughter? Dream is free :)
We are laughing because we are dreaming with you.
It is seriously cool. Some say... sub zero. :)
So am I, I respect your dream and eager to see it works.
Where is the source code of libs inside: mali-bifrost-wayland-driver_5%3a0.1-5+202007151652~focal_arm64.deb ??

mali-g31 mali-g52

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

yes, i have enabled wayland support, va-api doesnt not work, tobetter, know you anything about this point? any va-api way?

mad_ady
Posts: 8331
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 574 times
Been thanked: 438 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by mad_ady »

Does ffmpeg support the vpu already?

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 5518
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 648 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by tobetter »

jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 pm
tobetter wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:05 pm
odroidn2user wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 pm
jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm
:| :| why so much laughter? Dream is free :)
We are laughing because we are dreaming with you.
It is seriously cool. Some say... sub zero. :)
So am I, I respect your dream and eager to see it works.
Where is the source code of libs inside: mali-bifrost-wayland-driver_5%3a0.1-5+202007151652~focal_arm64.deb ??

mali-g31 mali-g52
It's not open-source, it's prebuilt blob from Amlogic.

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

tobetter wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:55 pm
jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 pm
tobetter wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:05 pm
odroidn2user wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 pm
jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm
:| :| why so much laughter? Dream is free :)
We are laughing because we are dreaming with you.
It is seriously cool. Some say... sub zero. :)
So am I, I respect your dream and eager to see it works.
Where is the source code of libs inside: mali-bifrost-wayland-driver_5%3a0.1-5+202007151652~focal_arm64.deb ??

mali-g31 mali-g52
It's not open-source, it's prebuilt blob from Amlogic.
Wtf?! Closed Source???why amlogic dont public the sources? Can hardkernel help us?

mad_ady
Posts: 8331
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 574 times
Been thanked: 438 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by mad_ady »

NDAs with ARM...

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

4K Video MPV using GPU
Attachments
4kvideompv.png
4kvideompv.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 462 times
These users thanked the author jart25 for the post:
odroid (Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:42 am)

odroidn2user
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:14 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2, C4
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by odroidn2user »

jart25 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:47 am
4K Video MPV using GPU
Well you got vdec going! Congrats on that.

On my research list was checking whether or not MPV uses opengl rendering of the video output by default, or if that is something to be enabled/forced.
There is hardware decoding, but does it use opengl for rendering the decoded frames?

Update: of course, it was right in the screenshot that it was using the gpu for rendering as well as the vpu for decoding... Clearly I was not thinking.
Last edited by odroidn2user on Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

odroidn2user
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:14 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2, C4
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by odroidn2user »

mad_ady wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:50 pm
Does ffmpeg support the vpu already?
Well, MPV now does hardware vdec using the vpu, on tobetter's image / with tobetter's packaged.
And if I remember correctly, MPV uses ffmpeg?
So, I'm guessing yes.

Next on this list would be va-api...?

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

odroidn2user wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:29 am
mad_ady wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:50 pm
Does ffmpeg support the vpu already?
Well, MPV now does hardware vdec using the vpu, on tobetter's image / with tobetter's packaged.
And if I remember correctly, MPV uses ffmpeg?
So, I'm guessing yes.

Next on this list would be va-api...?
Yes, Tobetter image also works, only i think that it has better 10-20% performance, i dont know why if the OC, Kernel or new Mali Drivers

Tobetter do you have any idea? because the performance on webgl is same

m8kbv
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:27 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: 2x Odroid N2 4GB
Odroid Go Advance
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04

Post by m8kbv »

jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:30 am
tobetter wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:08 am
jart25 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:05 am
Goods news ;) 2016, 2140 MHz stable

I have uploaded my DTS.
Nice try, can you share the patch/diff?
I have OC to the GPU: 800 to 1GHZ stable, 1,1GHz is unstable

Before 25 fps now 30 fps.

You need to edit: meson-g12-common.dtsi and change the clkid:

/*
* Mali clocking is provided by two identical clock paths
* MALI_0 and MALI_1 muxed to a single clock by a glitch
* free mux to safely change frequency while running.
*/
assigned-clocks = <&clkc CLKID_GP0_PLL>,
<&clkc CLKID_MALI_0_SEL>,
<&clkc CLKID_MALI_0>,
<&clkc CLKID_MALI>; /* Glitch free mux */
assigned-clock-parents = <0>, /* Do Nothing */
<&clkc CLKID_GP0_PLL>,
<0>, /* Do Nothing */
<&clkc CLKID_MALI_0>;
assigned-clock-rates = <1000000000>,
<0>, /* Do Nothing */
<1000000000>,
<0>; /* Do Nothing */


also i upload my dtb ;)

NOW OC: Litte: 2250 MHz Stable Big: 2075MHz Stable GPU 1GHz stable

where to put .dts file by underscore processor?

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

tobetter wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:55 pm
jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 pm
tobetter wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:05 pm
odroidn2user wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 pm
jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm
:| :| why so much laughter? Dream is free :)
We are laughing because we are dreaming with you.
It is seriously cool. Some say... sub zero. :)
So am I, I respect your dream and eager to see it works.
Where is the source code of libs inside: mali-bifrost-wayland-driver_5%3a0.1-5+202007151652~focal_arm64.deb ??

mali-g31 mali-g52
It's not open-source, it's prebuilt blob from Amlogic.
the gpuinfo is wrong, only 2 cores detected?Is possible that it can be a performance problem?

Kernel only detect only 2 cores? own is mali G52 P6
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-07-22 15-03-23.png
Screenshot from 2020-07-22 15-03-23.png (24.73 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Last edited by jart25 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04

Post by jart25 »

m8kbv wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:25 am
jart25 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:30 am
tobetter wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:08 am
jart25 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:05 am
Goods news ;) 2016, 2140 MHz stable

I have uploaded my DTS.
Nice try, can you share the patch/diff?
I have OC to the GPU: 800 to 1GHZ stable, 1,1GHz is unstable

Before 25 fps now 30 fps.

You need to edit: meson-g12-common.dtsi and change the clkid:

/*
* Mali clocking is provided by two identical clock paths
* MALI_0 and MALI_1 muxed to a single clock by a glitch
* free mux to safely change frequency while running.
*/
assigned-clocks = <&clkc CLKID_GP0_PLL>,
<&clkc CLKID_MALI_0_SEL>,
<&clkc CLKID_MALI_0>,
<&clkc CLKID_MALI>; /* Glitch free mux */
assigned-clock-parents = <0>, /* Do Nothing */
<&clkc CLKID_GP0_PLL>,
<0>, /* Do Nothing */
<&clkc CLKID_MALI_0>;
assigned-clock-rates = <1000000000>,
<0>, /* Do Nothing */
<1000000000>,
<0>; /* Do Nothing */


also i upload my dtb ;)

NOW OC: Litte: 2250 MHz Stable Big: 2075MHz Stable GPU 1GHz stable

where to put .dts file by underscore processor?
you have to edit that meson-g12-common.dtsi on dtbs/amlogic folder

m8kbv
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:27 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: 2x Odroid N2 4GB
Odroid Go Advance
Location: Poland
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by m8kbv »

can you give me full file location? can't find the .dtbs file

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

m8kbv wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:54 am
can you give me full file location? can't find the .dtbs file
https://github.com/tobetter/linux

https://github.com/tobetter/linux/tree/ ... ts/amlogic

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

odroidn2user wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:28 am
jart25 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:47 am
4K Video MPV using GPU
Well you got vdec going! Congrats on that.

On my research list was checking whether or not MPV uses opengl rendering of the video output by default, or if that is something to be enabled/forced.
There is hardware decoding, but does it use opengl for rendering the decoded frames?

Update: of course, it was right in the screenshot that it was using the gpu for rendering as well as the vpu for decoding... Clearly I was not thinking.
New firefox optimizations:
30 FPS to 40 FPS
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-07-26 02-15-09.png
Screenshot from 2020-07-26 02-15-09.png (2.6 MiB) Viewed 337 times

odroidn2user
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:14 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2, C4
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by odroidn2user »

jart25 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:26 am
odroidn2user wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:28 am
jart25 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:47 am
4K Video MPV using GPU
Well you got vdec going! Congrats on that.

On my research list was checking whether or not MPV uses opengl rendering of the video output by default, or if that is something to be enabled/forced.
There is hardware decoding, but does it use opengl for rendering the decoded frames?

Update: of course, it was right in the screenshot that it was using the gpu for rendering as well as the vpu for decoding... Clearly I was not thinking.
New firefox optimizations:
30 FPS to 40 FPS
Interesting...!
On manjaro arm, my Pi 4 manages 15 fps on firefox 78.0.2 (I did set a very minor overclock, if I remember correctly.) 17 with a default Chromium.

What was optimized / what did you optimize?

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

odroidn2user wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:42 pm
jart25 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:26 am
odroidn2user wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:28 am
jart25 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:47 am
4K Video MPV using GPU
Well you got vdec going! Congrats on that.

On my research list was checking whether or not MPV uses opengl rendering of the video output by default, or if that is something to be enabled/forced.
There is hardware decoding, but does it use opengl for rendering the decoded frames?

Update: of course, it was right in the screenshot that it was using the gpu for rendering as well as the vpu for decoding... Clearly I was not thinking.
New firefox optimizations:
30 FPS to 40 FPS
Interesting...!
On manjaro arm, my Pi 4 manages 15 fps on firefox 78.0.2 (I did set a very minor overclock, if I remember correctly.) 17 with a default Chromium.

What was optimized / what did you optimize?
I am testing, when i have finished, will post the changes to do

Aquarium 37 FPS
Attachments
aquarium+30fps.png
aquarium+30fps.png (2.78 MiB) Viewed 313 times

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

33 FPS Aquarium Max Screen
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-07-26 12-10-01.png
Screenshot from 2020-07-26 12-10-01.png (4.76 MiB) Viewed 311 times
These users thanked the author jart25 for the post:
odroid (Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:16 pm)

odroidn2user
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:14 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2, C4
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by odroidn2user »

jart25 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm
33 FPS Aquarium Max Screen
My Intel i5 6th generation with Iris 'GPU', does between 40-50 on the aquarium and somewhere 50-to-60 on the sphere / cubemap - on Firefox 78 on Manjaro Linux x86.
The N2 is coming surprisingly close to those numbers.

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34906
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 954 times
Been thanked: 772 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by odroid »

Intel Gemini Lake based ODROID-H2 does around ~25 FPS on the aquarium on Firefox 78. :(
But Chromium 84 browser does around 50~55. :o
I hope Google will fix the Chromium issue on Wayland soon.

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

odroid wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:15 pm
Intel Gemini Lake based ODROID-H2 does around ~25 FPS on the aquarium on Firefox 78. :(
But Chromium 84 browser does around 50~55. :o
I hope Google will fix the Chromium issue on Wayland soon.
I go to divide that in two points:

1. New Mali G52 Performance:
The STOCK freq CPU using ondemand governor generates a bottleneck to GPU (800MHz) if we have to OC on CPU to L2250MHz B2075MHz the performance increase between 5-6 fps.
If we have OC on CPU and OC to Mali 800 -> 1GHz we can increase the performance +14 fps but wait, the bottleneck is present, the N2+ using 2,3GHz A53 2,4GHz should achieve 50-55 FPS ball/35-40 FPS Aquarium without bottleneck.

NOTE: After change any things on Firefox.

4K issues:
It is my Vega 64 using a 1GB VRAM only for charging GNOME.

I have checked the mali memory usage and doing same use 130+MB and loading to more and more.

I know that the memory share of ram and mali is dinamic, any way to assign 1,4 GB VRAM to Mali?
Attachments
1G-4K.png
1G-4K.png (527.19 KiB) Viewed 250 times

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

IMPORTANT: DISABLE ANTIALIAS

values to change on about:config

gfx.canvas.azure.accelerated true
gfx.canvas.max-size 32000
gfx.offscreencanvas.enabled true
layers.accelerate-all true
layers.acceleration.force-enabled true
media.cubeb.sandbox false
media.ffvpx.enabled false
webgl.allow-immediate-queries true
webgl.default-antialias false (most important)
webgl.enable-debug-renderer-info false
webgl.force-enabled true
webgl.lose-context-on-memory-pressure true
webgl.max-contexts 4
webgl.max-contexts-per-principal 2
webgl.msaa-force true
webgl.perf.spew-frame-allocs false

ABOUT "webgl.default-antialias": Mali driver works really bad with antialias, disabling it, you can gain 40% performance
These users thanked the author jart25 for the post (total 2):
jgmdev (Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:00 am) • istanbulls (Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:33 am)

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

odroidn2user wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:35 pm
jart25 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm
33 FPS Aquarium Max Screen
My Intel i5 6th generation with Iris 'GPU', does between 40-50 on the aquarium and somewhere 50-to-60 on the sphere / cubemap - on Firefox 78 on Manjaro Linux x86.
The N2 is coming surprisingly close to those numbers.
Has been published the changes to do on firefox
These users thanked the author jart25 for the post:
istanbulls (Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 am)

User avatar
istanbulls
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm
languages_spoken: Turkish
ODROIDs: ODROID-N2, ODROID C4
Location: Istanbul-Turkey
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by istanbulls »

jart25 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 am
odroidn2user wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:35 pm
jart25 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm
33 FPS Aquarium Max Screen
My Intel i5 6th generation with Iris 'GPU', does between 40-50 on the aquarium and somewhere 50-to-60 on the sphere / cubemap - on Firefox 78 on Manjaro Linux x86.
The N2 is coming surprisingly close to those numbers.
Has been published the changes to do on firefox
I tried the settings you recommended. It is relatively better than before.
I love watching RedBull TV while listening to music (1080p)
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/films/k2 ... oplay=true
Firefox uses a lot of ram and cpu, sometimes there are stuttering. While strolling inside the Redbull TV, it is not very comfortable.

I think we will wait for Chromium Wayland support for better surfing :)

User avatar
jart25
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:42 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by jart25 »

istanbulls wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:23 am
jart25 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 am
odroidn2user wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:35 pm
jart25 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm
33 FPS Aquarium Max Screen
My Intel i5 6th generation with Iris 'GPU', does between 40-50 on the aquarium and somewhere 50-to-60 on the sphere / cubemap - on Firefox 78 on Manjaro Linux x86.
The N2 is coming surprisingly close to those numbers.
Has been published the changes to do on firefox
I tried the settings you recommended. It is relatively better than before.
I love watching RedBull TV while listening to music (1080p)
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/films/k2 ... oplay=true
Firefox uses a lot of ram and cpu, sometimes there are stuttering. While strolling inside the Redbull TV, it is not very comfortable.

I think we will wait for Chromium Wayland support for better surfing :)
MMm i can view the redbull tv with 26-30% cpu usage using OC + Kernel 5.8.0-RC6 + New Api Mali Drivers :?:
Attachments
1080_kernel_5.8.0RC6+OC.png
1080_kernel_5.8.0RC6+OC.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 202 times
These users thanked the author jart25 for the post:
istanbulls (Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:40 pm)

superpowter77
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 pm
languages_spoken: english,french,spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid-N2+ 4Gb,N2 4Gb(2),C4
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by superpowter77 »

@tobetter, I tried with your 1.992GHz/2.016GHz meson64_odroidn2.dtb. Unfortunately, my N2 failed to boot and now it's back to 1.704Ghz/1.896Ghz. I'm not asking for OC frequencies here, but really pisses me off having to run an underclocked CPU frequency when clearly with 4.9 kernels was able to achieve stable frequencies at those OC speeds. My request is to have Stock 1.8Ghz for A73 Cores on my N2, instead of 1.704Ghz.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 5518
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 648 times
Contact:

Re: Overclock on Ubuntu 20.04 Updated: 2250Mhz Litte + 2075MHz Big + 1GHz GPU

Post by tobetter »

superpowter77 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:38 am
@tobetter, I tried with your 1.992GHz/2.016GHz meson64_odroidn2.dtb. Unfortunately, my N2 failed to boot and now it's back to 1.704Ghz/1.896Ghz. I'm not asking for OC frequencies here, but really pisses me off having to run an underclocked CPU frequency when clearly with 4.9 kernels was able to achieve stable frequencies at those OC speeds. My request is to have Stock 1.8Ghz for A73 Cores on my N2, instead of 1.704Ghz.
You can try to build the device tree and test it with your board.
https://github.com/tobetter/linux/commi ... dc1fac8c2e

Post Reply

Return to “Ubuntu”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest