RetroELEC for the Odroid Go Advance (AArch64)

Third party OS images and hardware mods
mdrjr
Site Admin
languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

Re: RetroELEC for the Odroid Go Advance (AArch64)

Post by mdrjr »

I looked and its enabled

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

hi @escalade, do you keep the source somewhere? Maybe I can help you debug

joy
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X

Post by joy »

And please check if u-boot is the latest one as HK’s repository.

https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/co ... A-v2017.09

Some points to initialize wifi control on u-boot was updated last month to fix wifi chipset hang issue during hard reboot aging test.

escalade
languages_spoken: english and norwegian

Post by escalade »

Alright, new image uploaded: RetroELEC-OdroidGoAdvance.aarch64-9.2-devel-20200626150823-odroidgo2_v11.img.gz

- Updated to latest kernel git
- Updated to latest u-boot
- Compile dtb's for both v10 and v11
- Modified boot.ini to account for v1.1 boards

@mdrjr

Latest source is available in the "src" folder.
Last edited by escalade on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maintainer of RetroELEC (XU4 / OGA / x86_64)

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

hi escalade.. one small issue... today image doesn't include boot.ini file on the fat partition, so it doesn't boot
mdrjr@powah:~/Downloads$ sudo mount -o loop,offset=$[32768*512] RetroELEC-OdroidGoAdvance.aarch64-9.2-devel-20200626150823-odroidgo2_v11.img /mnt
mdrjr@powah:~/Downloads$ ls /mnt
extlinux KERNEL KERNEL.md5 rk3326-odroidgo2-linux.dtb rk3326-odroidgo2-linux-v11.dtb SYSTEM SYSTEM.md5
mdrjr@powah:~/Downloads$
Can you share just the boot.ini here?

escalade

Post by escalade »

Fixed image uploaded.

boot.ini:

Code: Select all

ODROIDGO2-UBOOT-CONFIG

setenv fdt_addr_r "0x01f00000"
setenv loadaddr "0x100000"
setenv scriptaddr "0x00500000"
setenv kernel_addr_r "0x02008000"

if test ${hwrev} = 'v11'; then
  setenv dtb_name "rk3326-odroidgo2-linux-v11.dtb"
else
  setenv dtb_name "rk3326-odroidgo2-linux.dtb"
fi

sysboot mmc 1:1 any ${scriptaddr} /extlinux/${dtb_name}.conf

shanti
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2

Post by shanti »

escalade wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Alright, new image uploaded: RetroELEC-OdroidGoAdvance.aarch64-9.2-devel-20200626150823-odroidgo2_v11.img.gz

- Updated to latest kernel git
- Updated to latest u-boot
- Compile dtb's for both v10 and v11
- Modified boot.ini to account for v1.1 boards

@mdrjr

Latest source is available in the "src" folder.
Unless I am totally blind, I don't see a "src" folder on the link posted.

zztfoxdev
ODROIDs: Odroid Go
Has thanked: 0

Post by zztfoxdev »

Can report wifi working on the 20200626 image. Just had to remap some controls so you might need a keyboard to help set it up.

Just watched some Youtube via KODI and everything went off without a hitch.

Also any other way to map key presses to buttons as I cannot reach the button part of antimicron setting screen. All I could reach was joystick and dpad.

escalade

Post by escalade »

@shanti

Sorry about that, seems the link I posted was directly to my "oga" folder. Try here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... dygpjyZ0nQ

Link in OP updated as well for anyone that wants to build themselves. I'll have a closer look at your tree when I get the time as well Shanti, always good and creative stuff to find there :) Have you been working on anything interesting lately? I spent quite some time getting Flatpak and it's dependencies packaged up, maybe you want to look at that. There's also a lot of stuff under my wayland directory.

@@zztfoxdev

Thanks for the patience and the feedback! Good to hear that wifi is finally working. I expected the controls to be messed up as I haven't done anything for the v11 in that regard. If you manage to configure them, it would be helpful to get the following info after configuring it:

/storage/.config/emulationstation/es_input.cfg (go to "configure input" in Emulationstation settings)
/storage/.kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/*.xml (go through the peripheral mapping settings in Kodi and the configuration will appear in this directory)
/storage/.config/retroarch/joypads/* (in RetroArch, go to settings -> port 1 controls and then "save controller profile" after manually mapping the controls)
I also use set an environment variable SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG='19000000010000000100000001010000,odroidgo2_joypad,a:b1,b:b0,x:b2,y:b3,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpdown:b7,dpleft:b8,dpright:b9,dpup:b6,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,guide:b10,leftstick:b12,lefttrigger:b11,rightstick:b13,righttrigger:b14,start:b15' for the v10, this will probably need to be adapted for the v11 as well. It's used in PPSSPP standalone and AntimicroX, I think AntimicroX can actually create that variable after mapping your controller.

If the screen is cramped and you can't reach the settings, run this command from ssh:

# systemctl start weston-rdp

That should give you RDP (Microsoft Remote Desktop) access to your OGA Weston desktop on port 3389 and you can set up AntimicroX with a more comfortable 1024x768 screen. If you prefer VNC; you can use that instead:

# systemctl start weston-vnc

Let me know how it goes :) Looks like the v11 is on it's way to me as well, should be fun.
These users thanked the author escalade for the post (total 2):
joy (Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:39 am) • shanti (Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:55 am)

Charli69
languages_spoken: german
ODROIDs: odroid go, odroid go advance
Been thanked: 0

Post by Charli69 »

@escalade is RETROELEC only for the OGA-BE? I have the problem with booting (mount) on my OGA V1.0.

escalade

Post by escalade »

No, it should work for both I got the 1.0 myself. Uploaded cleanly built images with a fix to fba/mame tags in es_systems.cfg.

Charli69

Post by Charli69 »

@escalade thank you for your answer. I musst give up. Retroelec could not mount storage after resizing the partition at 8GB SD Cart. Original OS and Emuelec is working.

escalade

Post by escalade »

You can upgrade from EmuELEC just put my image in /storage/.update and reboot.

Anyways, sorry for the trouble. I don’t have an empty card to properly check the image at the moment, but I will be able to do so in the next couple of days so I can iron out any remaining issue.

Charli69

Post by Charli69 »

Thank you

umisguy
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance Black Edition (clear shell)

Post by umisguy »

I chose this over the other options because it looked like it had the most features while keeping 64bit OS / Kernel … I was impressed by many details about it, and have even enjoyed running youtube on firefox in the desktop at 33% scale lol...
However, I've had trouble getting a few things to work right, and would love some pointers: there seem to be a lot of cores missing , like Gameboy , Gameboy color, Atari 2600 / etc , and so on... can't find them in retroarch or elsewhere. It tells me I can't use apt-get install / similar , so I'm just trying to figure out what I should do to add the cores (if they are in fact missing) , and I can't seem to get SCUMMVM games to launch from Emulation Station , and the only way I've managed to play SCUMMVM at all, is to open a game from another system, close the game from the retroarch menu , load the SCUMMVM core and start it from there, and sometimes I'd have to re-add games in the SCUMMVM menu --- I'd love it if I didn't have to jump through so many hoops / reconfigure things multiple times...
Am I just doing something wrong?

escalade

Post by escalade »

My goal isn't to include every core under the sun, but rather pick the best and most popular ones. Lessens the maintenance burden and size of the image, although I could afford to add a few for completeness sake. There's mgba that should cover GB, GBC and GBA, is there a better alternative? As for Atari 2600, I think you'll find better versions of any relevant game on the C64 / Amiga. I guess there could be nostalgy reasons that weigh heavier, and size I think isn't a problem with the stella core so I can add it.

SCUMM is a bit tricky, but here's a short how to:

1. Sort your games into directories in /storage/roms/scummvm
2. Load up the core and add every game manually into ScummVM
3. Find the short version of your game in /storage/roms/scummvm.ini
4. Create a .scummvm file in your game directory containing a single word which should be the short version from the previous step (one way to do it: echo atlantis-fm > /storage/roms/scummvm/atlantis/"Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis.scummvm"

This way Emulaionstation will pick them up, scan them and launch them correctly.

There's no apt-get as that's Debian's package manager. This is a distribution similar to LFS where everything is built from scratch and with a "include just what you need" policy to keep it lightweight and fast. I have included Flatpak though, so that extends the possibilities quite a bit. RetroArch cores are better built for the specific device though, so I'm open to include more cores when it makes sense.

umisguy
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance Black Edition (clear shell)

Post by umisguy »

Thank you very much, Escalade. I never would have guessed those steps were necessary, at least for SCUMMVM. I put the folders in the right place, but didn't know of specific instructions for making SCUMMVM behave (according to the emulationstation interface)

Edit: what's the suggested method for resetting the configuration of psp controls? they're kinda (especially in the PPSSPP UI) broken on my odroid go advance Black edition, and I'd rather not re-flash the entire sd card if I can apply a fix --- I am running a Linux mint VM on VMware in my windows PC. does anyone have a working or at least "not broken" control config file for PPSSPP for oga BE?

(when I hadn't configured the controls, LEFT on the D-Pad was "back button" --- and so when I went to reconfigure the keys on PPSSPP , the interface stopped the configuration when I pressed left on the D pad , at least that's how I remember it , and since then, using a keyboard to move around in the interface has been …. impossible, so I can't even maneuver in the PPSSPP UI , and the OGA buttons and analog stick don't really work right either, due to not finishing control configuration after noticing almost none of the controls were pre-configured, which I don't mind doing myself, but unless PPSSPP has mouse support, I'm pretty stuck.)

Charli69

Post by Charli69 »

In Kodi the display shut off after 5 min. How can I prevent this?

escalade

Post by escalade »

New image 20200630180119 uploaded:

- Changed Weston idle-time to 0 to prevent sleeping when Kodi is up
- Added OGA 1.1 controller definitions to SDL2 (should work for PPSSPPSDL)
These users thanked the author escalade for the post:
joy (Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:47 am)

valadaa48
ODROIDs: odroid go advance

Post by valadaa48 »

escalade wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:19 am
That's a great idea - we were patching gamecontrollerdb files and were considering setting up a global env to point to a customized one, but patching it in makes much more sense!

npaladin2000
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance 1.0, 1.1

Post by npaladin2000 »

escalade wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:28 pm
My goal isn't to include every core under the sun, but rather pick the best and most popular ones. Lessens the maintenance burden and size of the image, although I could afford to add a few for completeness sake. There's mgba that should cover GB, GBC and GBA, is there a better alternative? As for Atari 2600, I think you'll find better versions of any relevant game on the C64 / Amiga. I guess there could be nostalgy reasons that weigh heavier, and size I think isn't a problem with the stella core so I can add it.
The Atari2600 versus other platfforms is probably a matter of opinion...yeah, stuff from C64 or COleco (or NES) might look better but they don't always play better. I always try to leave A2600 off of my builds and always end up adding it in later, just because there's maybe 20 ROMs I still want to play on there.

Though I think most people could live without the 5200 and 7800.

And I think you're right about mGBA, it tends to be the best for GB and GBC as well (especially offering SGB). But one thing it doesn't do is "emulate" that sickly green screen from the old days...and some people seem to want that for some reason. THough I'm a little surprised I haven't found a way to do that yet...

You can probably leave off all the olf FBA cores and most of the SNES cores outside of 9x-current, and not get any complaints.

escalade

Post by escalade »

valadaa48 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:02 am
escalade wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:19 am
That's a great idea - we were patching gamecontrollerdb files and were considering setting up a global env to point to a customized one, but patching it in makes much more sense!
Here's my patch:

http://ix.io/2qA1

@npaladin

Included stella in the latest images ;)

zztfoxdev

Post by zztfoxdev »

Image 20200703:

Kodi does not time out now, thanks!

PSP is still not picking up controls right, up is picking up as left, left is some kind of back button.

Is there any way to manually edit SDL_CONTROLLER?

zztfoxdev

Post by zztfoxdev »

Just got pico 8 running via terminal.

Is there anyway to link a shortcut from to an .sh file either in Emulationstation (ports?). Or add a link on the desktop.

Speaking of Desktop, Firefox and Antimicrons icons are not working, do I need to manually install them now?

Thanks you hard work, this is becoming one heck of an OS!

escalade

Post by escalade »

New images uploaded!

- Added Spotify Connect functionality, run this command to enable: # systemctl enable --now librespot
- Added Snapcast multi-room audio, to make your OGA a client: # systemctl enable --now snapclient@1.2.3.4 (replace 1.2.3.4 with your Snapcast server, can be 127.0.0.1 if OGA is the server) to make your OGA a server: # systemctl enable --now snapserver (librespot will automatically pipe it's audio into the local Snapcast server if it's running)
- Added gmrender DLNA renderer (experimental at this point)
- Some under the hood changes to Pipewire/GStreamer/Pulseaudio/Weston to make them all fully functional
- Updated libretro cores

@zztfoxdev

PPSSPP respects the SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG variable that you can set in, read more here: https://github.com/gabomdq/SDL_GameControllerDB/

Here's an example for the OGA v1.0:

Code: Select all

# echo "export SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG=\"19000000010000000100000001010000,odroidgo2_joypad,a:b1,b:b0,x:b2,y:b3,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,dpdown:b7,dpleft:b8,dpright:b9,dpup:b6,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,guide:b10,leftstick:b12,lefttrigger:b11,rightstick:b13,righttrigger:b14,start:b15,\"" > /storage/.config/profile.d/sdl.conf
I believe you can create an SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG with the included AntimicroX as well. If you could create a correct one for the 1.1 I'd be grateful. I just got my 1.1 sample from Hardkernel but have managed to break the screen....

It's possible to add .sh files to Emulationstation by adding a "ports" system in es_systems.cfg. I'm planning to add some examples but until then you'll need to do edit some config manually. You can also edit the desktop icons in /storage/.config/weston.ini.
Last edited by escalade on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author escalade for the post (total 2):
apd (Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:24 pm) • odroid (Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:27 pm)

zztfoxdev

Post by zztfoxdev »

I found a ppsspp.ini file that has control mappings, but they are set like 10-19,10-9,etc...

Where would the SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG variable for PPSSPP be located once buttons are set?

Also there is no antimicrox.sh for the icon to connect to from the desktop icon in /usr/bin

escalade

Post by escalade »

You can export the variable by creating a .conf file under /storage/.config/profile.d/, there's an example above. There definitely is an antimicrox.sh in 20200712152054, I just double checked.

zztfoxdev

Post by zztfoxdev »

Amazing what a fresh install does.

Got antimicroX working and mapped all the buttons.

[Mappings]

1900000001000000010000000101000011="1900000001000000010000000101000011,odroidgo2_joypad,platform:Linux,a:b1,b:b0,x:b2,y:b3,back:b15,start:b17,guide:b16,leftshoulder:b4,rightshoulder:b5,leftstick:b12,rightstick:b13,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,lefttrigger:b6,righttrigger:b7,dpup:b8,dpleft:b10,dpdown:b9,dpright:b11,"

1900000001000000010000000101000011Disable=0

escalade

Post by escalade »

After a replaced broken screen, I am now happy to say that I'm up and running with the OGA-BE and have posted updated images:

- Added Shairport Sync, to enable Airplay (audio) streaming to your OGA: # systemctl enable --now shairport
- Revised controller mappings (Emulationstation, Kodi, RetroArch, SDL2) for both OGA 1.0 and 1.1:
I=Select II=Start III=L2 (1.0 only) IV=R2 (1.0 only) V=L3 (mouse2) VI=Guide (mouse1)
- Properly start/stop Bluetooth services when plugging BT dongle and make the device discoverable
- Removed VNC for now (there's still RDP)
- Removed v4l2loopback
- Compiled with GCC 10.2.0
- Updated RetroArch and cores

I'm booting both 1.0 and 1.1 from the same cards, so I think everything is in working order at this point :)
odroid (Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:03 pm)

zztfoxdev

Post by zztfoxdev »

Looks like the controls are fixed now, as Emulationstation picks up all controls with no reconfigure.

I could not get PSP to launch, however.

Desktop launched and antimicroX was working without configuration , as well.

How do I install Firefox, though?

Also, anyway to set the brightness up and down? It seems maxed out all the time.

escalade

Post by escalade »

God of War fires up nicely here, can't reproduce on 20200724121638. Firefox should download when you start it, you'll need an internet connection. System log (journalctl) and /var/log are where to look for clues, PPSSPP logs to /var/log/ppsspp.log for example.

zztfoxdev

Post by zztfoxdev »

May just need to reflash it. That fixed the issues last time.

escalade

Post by escalade »

Regarding brightness, I saw somewhere that it can be adjusted through /sys so you could script that and put it in /storage/.config/autostart.sh.

EDIT: Also, I'd be interested to see the logs if you can reproduce your issues. Updating from a previous build shouldn't be an issue, but I suppose there could be certain conditions that causes it. Enter this in an ssh session:

# cat /var/log/ppsspp.log | pastebinit ; journalctl | pastebinit

Then I can have a look.

zztfoxdev

Post by zztfoxdev »

Ok, entered the command. I guess that sent it?

escalade

Post by escalade »

That'll produce two links, I'll need them to see :)

escalade

Post by escalade »

Updated images uploaded:

- Integrated the Cava visualizer as a screensaver in Emulationstation (replaced the "dim" option with "visualizer" under screensavers) - fully controllable with the OGA gamepad
- Added cava-listener.service - this service will activate Cava when there's audio playing
- Separate AntimicroX profiles for Cava/Weston
- Removed u-boot version text for a cleaner boot experience
- Reminiscence libretro core
- ResidualVM (haven't gotten it to work properly yet though)
- Systemd 246
- Librespot and Shairport Sync outputs direct to Snapcast pipe if it exists
- Added the libretro database to enable scraping games in RetroArch
- Added some missing artwork for RetroArch
- Added some useful scripts under "Ports" in Emulationstation

Here's a demo of the visualizer improvements plus some bonus RetroArch netplay with two OGA's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6iLFQJ_Pss
odroid (Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:20 am)

Return to “Projects”