Anybody working on Android for the Odroid-Go A?

Talking about OS and emulation core development
notime2d8
languages_spoken: english

Re: Anybody working on Android for the Odroid-Go A?

Post by notime2d8 »

mad_ady wrote: โ†‘
Sat May 23, 2020 3:22 pm
Congratulations! Are you working on a public release?
What do you mean by public release? I did post some files and a version on the first post. I haven't updated the system.img file though since some speed tweaks, Ethernet, USB audio, Bluetooth, and color.

Are you thinking of like an etcher file to make booting easier?
If I say something that sounds smart or like i know what i'm talking about....i'm faking it.

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

Yes, like a self-install image.

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Aye, still can't get LineageOS 17.1 to boot but I did get the lineage recovery to work kinda. I think once I finish getting all this random stuff working it all add up to something good.

These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post:
rooted (Sun May 31, 2020 1:57 pm)
If I say something that sounds smart or like i know what i'm talking about....i'm faking it.

rooted

Post by rooted »

Yeah you seem to be figuring it out, I'm sure you will get something you feel is passable soon enough ;)

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Finally moving on from Android 9 and I made a backup this time. Back to fixing colors, trying to fix sound and wifi... Bluetooth and USB audio still work. And the mouse input seems to work better... It was off in 9 for some reason. It also has more free ram showing but runs the same. I was really hoping that once I got 10 back booting the recovery would work too. But the "boot to recovery" command from the restart menu does nothing...I'm assuming because I need to add the options to the bootloader in nand ๐Ÿค” going to circle back later...I can still get to it manually. At some point I'm going to try some of the rockchip Android 10 patches...

These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post (total 4):
odroid (Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:44 pm) • mad_ady (Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:51 pm) • rooted (Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm) • joy (Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:48 pm)

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

No major updates....I've been testing out tweaks, UI settings, configuration options, and ram usage between launchers. Google's TV launcher didn't work as well as I hoped. I need a TV launcher for things to work and look/function like the gaming roms. But from looking at that I found out about the keyboard for TV input...and it scales and works amazing!!! It takes forever to do a sentence - I have user dictionary, predictive text, and autofill disabled for ram ๐Ÿ˜‘. But for short text it seems like a win.

I'm running into the issue of figuring out how much to disable... Removing calendar, email, telephony, sms, gallery, etc... But what about webcams, VoIP like Google voice, and 4g modems?

The camera server, RIL for the modem, and sound routing, contacts, and telephony for VoIP adds a good bit of overhead and ram/CPU usage.... ๐Ÿค”

Edit: Also from the pic... I got headphone detection working... Still no sound... I was making separate changes between the speaker routing and the headphone routing and seeing if either gives me sound.... Nada. Still have about 6 things to try in the sound driver...
mad_ady (Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:11 pm)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Great progress, as usual. Regarding what to leave in - I'd suggest adding everything in, but commenting out their loading/startup if possible. That way users can choose what to keep.

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:12 pm
Great progress, as usual. Regarding what to leave in - I'd suggest adding everything in, but commenting out their loading/startup if possible. That way users can choose what to keep.
Funny story.....i spent the time since your post resetting my directory....to add back all of the things i deleted. Also did a repo sync... once i got everything back starting up again.... I plugged in my USB mouse and I heard a noise....I looked around and my phone wasn't near me. Then i went into settings and selected a ringtone and I heard it!!! I got the sound working!!! I went around the house playing all the terrible built in ringtones. :D Just need to fix the headphone routing now.

Posted files Here would be great if someone can confirm for me. Still the old way of loading it. P1 boot, P2 -ext4 system P3 -ext4 Vendor, P4 -f2fs data -if you test it, do it with an open mind, a good bit of the processor going to software graphics rendering.

I need to find a hosting service to use...and figure out how to make an etcher compatible image. I'm assuming i can take a clean SD, load the files, and then dd it to an image file?

Edit: Decided to do a quick video to show how well sound and YouTube works.

These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post (total 5):
rooted (Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 pm) • sjuut (Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:41 pm) • mad_ady (Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:50 pm) • odroid (Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:25 pm) • joy (Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:30 pm)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

"Fix by accident" is the best kind of fix there is :)
You've been rewarded by the Android gods for your hard work.

You can dump your image with dd but it would be best to try to make a selfinstall image instead (I am unfamiliar with the process).

For storage, perhaps @mdrjr can create an account for you on his hosting server, for odroid-related things.

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

I got a delivery in!!! Somehow 4 days from Korea and going through customs super excited. I can start working on wifi again.

Got the wife to add some fancy names to them before I ship them to my friends.

Last edited by notime2d8 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post (total 2):
mad_ady (Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:05 am) • joy (Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:19 am)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

The order I placed in may for HardKernel took about 3 weeks to arrive to Romania, compared to about a week previously. It looks like FedEx has de-clogged their transport chain.

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:36 am
The order I placed in may for HardKernel took about 3 weeks to arrive to Romania, compared to about a week previously. It looks like FedEx has de-clogged their transport chain.
Mines were shipped with DHL...so maybe not. Think FedEx is still slow.

Something cool that I found out. It may have been mentioned somewhere else...but you can power it on with the power cable, and run the button and screen test by holding down the outside triggers before fastening the case. I know a few messed theirs up opening it repeatedly.

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Reinventing the wheel here.....but in between trying to get WiFi working I tried out PPSSPP and it ran.....terrible :D ....But all in software graphics rendering, with sound, and with a hard to render game. I have a dream that one day I can move to the 4.19 kernel and use the Rockchip sources for graphics acceleration or the 5.4 kernel and use the Panfrost driver....until then 7-12fps it is.

odroid (Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:39 am)

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Another blurry pic for you. I've been bugging @joy with wifi questions. I'm not getting any debug info or signs that it's working. But.... Hostapd/wifi hotspot works...? ๐Ÿค” I connected my laptop and phone to it... Guess I'm going to debug wpa_suplicant to see why it can't start up or scan.

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

So I stand corrected.... I got WiFi working too!!! I had two issues, one was that Android was picking the chip up as a Bluetooth device and trying to initialize it which messed me up... So I disabled everything Bluetooth. That got the wifi hotspot working. Then I had a file in the wrong location system vs vendor wpa_suplicant couldn't find the file. Fixed that and restarted and saw available networks. The speed is pretty good too. Going to see if I can get WiFi display working now.

Last edited by notime2d8 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post (total 3):
mad_ady (Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:42 pm) • joy (Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:57 am) • rooted (Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:15 am)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Is this a usb wifi dongle (which one?) or the goa 1.1 built-in sdio wifi?

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:43 pm
Is this a usb wifi dongle (which one?) or the goa 1.1 built-in sdio wifi?
It's the goa 1.1 built in sdio wifi.

I only had a generic 8821cu USB wifi/bt stick but never could get it to Scan, but got the Bluetooth working well. I'm going to order some hardkernel Bluetooth USBs to see if can get them working with wifi.

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Wow, I never expected that to work under Android... Great job!

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Not really an update but a feature I finally tried out. I've been updating the wifi driver to the latest version I could find and trying to get P2P concurrency working to get WiFi display working....got the driver updated but failed on getting P2P working... With either version the wifi crashes.

But I connected my Odroid to Ethernet and then turned on wifi hotspot and it worked!! I could use it as a wireless router with 5 devices. The weird thing was that the speed test was the same on my laptop and phone as it was on the Odroid.... Even though my internet is 120 down/20 up... I can only get 27 down / 10 up.

Pic for proof, you can see the hotspot and Ethernet icons:

And I'm multitasking, testing performance tweaks in between trying to figure out how to get recovery to do an auto install. Also have 3 Bluetooth modules coming in. I'm hoping to get them all working... Failed so far on the generic CSR 4.0 ones that you see for $4. It works in my Ubuntu laptop but couldn't get it to work.

Edit: Kernel version of wifi driver is 1.9, version 2.25 can be found Here and Here . It took some tweaking to make it work but it didn't fix P2P like i wanted. But it has a newer firmware and the signal strength is truer...? The signal strength changes quicker and doesn't have the bias to show mostly perfect. So wasn't worth the effort. :D
mad_ady (Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:26 pm)

rooted

Post by rooted »

Android must have a BLE capable dongle for it to work now.
These users thanked the author rooted for the post:
notime2d8 (Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:48 pm)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

HK's dongle has CSR 4.0 written on it (an costs about 4$) :)
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
notime2d8 (Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:20 pm)

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

rooted wrote: โ†‘
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:53 pm
Android must have a BLE capable dongle for it to work now.
Thanks, I forgot about that, it's in print in one of the Bluetooth config files too. Means I can stop trying one chip, and maybe the CSR 5.0 ones as well. I have a CSR 5.0 stick, a RTL8761B 5.0 stick, and a broadcom 4.0 BCM20702 based stick coming in. I know the broadcom and realtek both use firmwares. For the 8821cu, with the driver built into the kernel, I also had to add the firmware to the kernel so that during startup it could load the firmware before the filesystem is mounted. If not I had to unplug it and insert it back once the system partition was mounted.

If I can backport the driver... Really wanting the RTL8761b 5.0 to work.

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

:)
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:37 pm
HK's dongle has CSR 4.0 written on it (an costs about 4$) :)
Lol, didn't want to say that...I was skirting around it ๐Ÿ˜‚

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

And USB webcams are working and the webcam mic works. I tested a Logitech 1080p prostream. I didn't do much testing apart from that. I worked on adding the functionality a while back but forgot to try it out. Surprised that it didn't need a powered USB hub.

Hard to take a pic showing it working but here:

These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post (total 3):
mad_ady (Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:55 am) • odroid (Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:45 am) • joy (Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:41 pm)

notime2d8

Post by notime2d8 »

Just when I started feeling bad about not having anything new to share!!!!

Check out the Kernel version and everything works!!! I finally figured out how to get the screen working on the new rockchip kernel. It should also work for the 5.8 kernel too with the panfrost driver...

I'm too excited about this right now...I can try all the Android DRM/gralloc drivers, Ion libs, and the new rockchip Android gpu sources.
These users thanked the author notime2d8 for the post (total 4):
mad_ady (Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:33 pm) • odroid (Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:00 pm) • joy (Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:33 pm) • sjuut (Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:17 pm)

rooted

Post by rooted »

That's awesome progress.

joy
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X

Post by joy »

rooted wrote: โ†‘
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:47 pm
That's awesome progress.
Right! Totally! :D

Return to โ€œPlatform developmentโ€