C0 charging question

L67GS
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+,(3) C0's, and a whole big pile of accessories, VU7A Plus,, ect....

C0 charging question

Post by L67GS »

In an embedded application I'm running the whole project (personal assistant in the form factor of Dr. Theopolis from the old sci-fi Buck Rogers series) from a 26800 mah battery plugged into the 2.5mm jack.
If that battery should ever get low enough for the C0 to shut down I'd like to have the standard issue 3000 mah battery plugged into the C0 in the battery port so there's time to get charging the big battery or get it shut down properly to avoid the risk of data corruption.
So my question is, if the voltage on the 2.5mm power jack falls below the voltage level of the "main" 3000 mah battery is there reason for concern?
I wouldn't want the little battery to become loaded trying to charge the 26800 back through the board and hurt something or explode inside my assistant's head.

L67GS
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+,(3) C0's, and a whole big pile of accessories, VU7A Plus,, ect....

Re: C0 charging question

Post by L67GS »

I looked the C0 over, there's a handful of capacitors and resistors in the neighborhood of the charging Jack and the battery plug but I don't see any diodes. As it turns out these giant batteries are 3.7 volts. I think I'm just going to run them right into the battery plug.
This thing has got a separate charging board so I don't need to use the charging system on the C0, and it has a battery power status indicator system that blinks an led when the power gets below 25%, I'll run that into a gpio and have her monitor it and initiate a system shutdown, already wrote the code.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: C0 charging question

Post by odroid »

Since the MP2637 battery management IC has a reverse current protection function, there should be no reason for concern probably.
https://www.monolithicpower.com/en/docu ... ku/MP2637/
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
L67GS (Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:27 pm)

Return to “Hardware and peripherals”