ODROID GameStation Turbo Advance - GO2 (WIP)

Third party OS images and hardware mods
meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo Advance - GO2 (WIP)

Post by meveric » Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 am

hmm I see what you mean.
There was a recent update from Debian Buster Backports.. and that version uses the wrong version of SDL2 which causes this issue.
Guess I have to fix this, that only my version is used.

I will upload a new version that will fix that issue.

Edit:
I'm currently uploading a new version of fs-uae.
If you do a system update you should get an update of fs-uae and it should be working again :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Zoolo
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C2, Go Advance

Post by Zoolo » Thu May 28, 2020 5:41 am

meveric wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 1:48 am
I've checked out the latest git version which is 2.1.1 for libretro.
I've build it and put it up for testing if you want: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/tes ... 2/scummvm/
2.0.0 you were referring to, is actually from 2017 I wouldn't want to go back that far.

I'll try to use a new image today and try to recreate the problem that you have with the sound from a completely new untouched image, just updating the system.
Thank you, I will try it this weekend when I have more time.
If possible you can use a 64GB card for the testing :).

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Post by meveric » Thu May 28, 2020 5:46 am

Zoolo wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 5:41 am
If possible you can use a 64GB card for the testing :).
I don't think I have a 64GB SD card. Currently only 16, 32 and 128GB.
My main image runs off the 128GB one and the others I use for testing.

Edit:
so I think I was finally able to recreate the issue you have on the new image.
I will try to find out what's the difference and how to solve this :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Zoolo

Post by Zoolo » Fri May 29, 2020 2:24 am

Thu May 28, 2020 5:46 am

Edit:
so I think I was finally able to recreate the issue you have on the new image.
I will try to find out what's the difference and how to solve this :)
Finally 😊. I allready thought my device was faulty. I hope you will find out the cause. Then the image would be perfect for me πŸ‘.

meveric

Post by meveric » Fri May 29, 2020 6:13 am

I think I found the problem and will upload a new package with updated settings for retroarch that should fix this :)

Zoolo

Post by Zoolo » Sat May 30, 2020 2:31 am

Fri May 29, 2020 6:13 am
I think I found the problem and will upload a new package with updated settings for retroarch that should fix this :)
Great news :) πŸ‘. So I only have to perform an update with "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade"?

meveric

Post by meveric » Sat May 30, 2020 6:39 pm

yes, a regular upgrade should be enough.
It will replace the retroarch and core config files of retoarch with some optimized settings which should fix the issue :)
viewtopic.php?p=294267#p294267
These users thanked the author meveric for the post (total 2):
Zoolo (Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 pm) • skreeves (Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:34 pm)

Zoolo

Post by Zoolo » Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Thank you :) . The sound issue is gone now. But is it possible that the sound bitrate is quite low?

snock
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid-Go Advance

Post by snock » Sun May 31, 2020 7:06 am

Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 am
Edit:
I'm currently uploading a new version of fs-uae.
If you do a system update you should get an update of fs-uae and it should be working again :)
It works, thanks.

meveric

Post by meveric » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:14 am

Update:
Added support for OpenBOR and Microsoft MS-DOS.

OpenBOR seems to work pretty nice, nothing much to say about it.
ImageImage

MS-DOS is a mixed bag, there are some issues especially with mouse support.
The speed is not always 100%, but it's fast enough to enjoy many games, in fact I already started playing quite a lot of games again:
Command and Conquer, Command and Conquer - Red Alert, Dime City, Earth 2140, Gene Wars, Heroes of Might and Magic II, One Must Fall 2097 (boy did I miss this game), The Settlers II, Star Wars - Dark Forces
Just to name a few I'm currently playing.
ImageImageImage

Please read the description on how to setup MS-DOS games on the 3rd post of this thread where I tried to explain in detail how to work with the emulator.
These users thanked the author meveric for the post (total 4):
odroid (Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:30 am) • Luke.go (Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 am) • mad_ady (Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:24 pm) • Zoolo (Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:41 pm)

mad_ady
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Thanks for DOS support meveric! I was really looking forward to that. I've updated my GOA, and have a /home/odroid/ROMS/DOS folder, but there is no template file that I can use. But I did find it in /usr/local/share/setup-ogsta/dos/dosbox.dos.template instead. I wonder if I'm supposed to run setup-ogsta manually. In setup-ogsta if I try to select option 2 it goes back to the main menu (doesn't enter a submenu)...
I'll try to set up a game manually and see where that leads to.
I'm guessing there should be a separate thread (or git page?) with templates for popular dos games, as well as key mappings. That would make things easier.

Update: Ok, after a restart Dosbox appears as an emulator, and the dos file needs to be in /home/odroid/ROMS/DOS folder, not in the game subfolder. Though... I'm unable to load the key mapper or quit the emulator... Question - is the key mapper part of dosbox? Or something you made up? I wonder if there could be a "Input string via virtual keyboard" type of action (for save names, player names, cheat codes, etc). Since you're running X11, you could use xdotool type "string" to inject it to running processes (tried it via shell and it worked ok-ish, but missed some keys)...

snock
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid-Go Advance

Post by snock » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Always use a dosbox.bat to load msdos games into retropie, would it be dosbox.dos now?

Is there a way to generate the list to attractmode from an emulator? Openbor I usually run it using a script if I have the games.

Thanks for adding openbor and msdos :)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Regarding dosbox keybindings - I wonder if I have the wrong dosbox version installed:

Code: Select all

root@buster64-go2:~# apt-cache search dosbox
dosbox - x86 emulator with Tandy/Herc/CGA/EGA/VGA/SVGA graphics, sound and DOS
dosbox-debug - x86 emulator with DOS - debugger
opl3-soundfont - OPL3 SoundFont that simulates the sound of an OPL3 chip
dosbox-odroid - DOSBOX - ARMv7-a optimized (ODROID build)
dosbox-go2-odroid - DOSBOX - ARMv8-le optimized (ODROID build)
libretro-dosbox - Libretro dosbox core to use with retroarch (ODROID build)
libretro-dosbox-svn - Libretro dosbox_svn core to use with retroarch (ODROID build)
root@buster64-go2:~# which dosbox
/usr/local/bin/dosbox
root@buster64-go2:~# dpkg -S /usr/local/bin/dosbox
dosbox-go2-odroid: /usr/local/bin/dosbox
Should I install libretro-dosbox instead?

meveric

Post by meveric » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:58 pm

mad_ady wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:25 pm
Thanks for DOS support meveric! I was really looking forward to that. I've updated my GOA, and have a /home/odroid/ROMS/DOS folder, but there is no template file that I can use. But I did find it in /usr/local/share/setup-ogsta/dos/dosbox.dos.template instead.
The file under /usr/local/share/setup-ogsta/dos/dosbox.dos.template is the one that is suppose to be placed in /home/odroid/ROMS/DOS/ maybe I messed up some conditions, but for me it worked when I tried it.
Anyway it's the same file, just copy it if it's not in the DOS folder :)
I wonder if I'm supposed to run setup-ogsta manually. In setup-ogsta if I try to select option 2 it goes back to the main menu (doesn't enter a submenu)...
currently setup-ogsta is without much function and doesn't need to be started.. I was considering using this for WLAN config and such, but currently it's pretty much useless :D
I'm guessing there should be a separate thread (or git page?) with templates for popular dos games, as well as key mappings. That would make things easier.
Great idea! Although it depends a little on what kind of game you use, if it's CD version, Floppy version, or a RIP.
Update: Ok, after a restart Dosbox appears as an emulator, and the dos file needs to be in /home/odroid/ROMS/DOS folder, not in the game subfolder.
Correct the configuration files go directly into /home/odroid/ROMS/DOS/<filename>.dos
Though... I'm unable to load the key mapper or quit the emulator...
Mapping files should be copied by a script but I think here's the issue, you probably experimented with dosbox earlier on?
Under /usr/local/share/setup-ogsta/dos/ you will find a mapping file, copy this to /home/odroid/.dosbox/ (this is normally done automatically) after that mapping should work as intended.
Question - is the key mapper part of dosbox? Or something you made up?
The mapper is part of dosbox, the mapping file is copied each time from the "template" under /home/odroid/.dosbox/ which means each game has it's own mapping file.
I wonder if there could be a "Input string via virtual keyboard" type of action (for save names, player names, cheat codes, etc).
I'm not quite sure, most games have a feature that allows you to save a game without a name, or you have some buttons mapped already and your savegames are named "1", "11", "111", and so on :D
For C&C for example I mapped button CTRL, 1, 2, 3 on III, IV, V, and VI, that way I can save groups by pressing button III + IV (or III + V or III + VI) and call the groups by pressing individual buttons.
For complex code entries, you probably need external tools.
Since you're running X11, you could use xdotool type "string" to inject it to running processes (tried it via shell and it worked ok-ish, but missed some keys)...
I originally planed to use antimicro and already had code that could load different settings depending on what you put in the dosbox config file for the game.
But it's really hard for users that don't have a desktop running to configure antimicro so I opted for the build in mapper of DOSBox instead.
These users thanked the author meveric for the post:
mad_ady (Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:12 am)

meveric

Post by meveric » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 pm

snock wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 pm
Always use a dosbox.bat to load msdos games into retropie, would it be dosbox.dos now?
Pretty much, just that you name it after the game you have, for example:
Command and Conquer.dos.
It's basically a dosbox config file with the extension .dos instead of .conf, reason for this is, that the online scraper only look for file extension ".com, .bat, .exe, and .dos" and since it's a config file, I opted for .dos instead.
snock wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:32 pm
Is there a way to generate the list to attractmode from an emulator? Openbor I usually run it using a script if I have the games.
I don't quite understand what you mean.
OpenBOR is startet with a script as well, it uses the .pak file from your OpenBOR folder to start OpenBOR directly with the file.

meveric

Post by meveric » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:32 pm
Regarding dosbox keybindings - I wonder if I have the wrong dosbox version installed:

root@buster64-go2:~# apt-cache search dosbox
dosbox - x86 emulator with Tandy/Herc/CGA/EGA/VGA/SVGA graphics, sound and DOS
dosbox-debug - x86 emulator with DOS - debugger
opl3-soundfont - OPL3 SoundFont that simulates the sound of an OPL3 chip
dosbox-odroid - DOSBOX - ARMv7-a optimized (ODROID build)
dosbox-go2-odroid - DOSBOX - ARMv8-le optimized (ODROID build)
libretro-dosbox - Libretro dosbox core to use with retroarch (ODROID build)
libretro-dosbox-svn - Libretro dosbox_svn core to use with retroarch (ODROID build)
root@buster64-go2:~# which dosbox
/usr/local/bin/dosbox
root@buster64-go2:~# dpkg -S /usr/local/bin/dosbox
dosbox-go2-odroid: /usr/local/bin/dosbox
Should I install libretro-dosbox instead?
dosbox-go2-odroid should be installed.
The libretro-core is a mess to map, and the performance is not very good either (last time I checked).
mad_ady (Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:12 am)

Zoolo

Post by Zoolo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 pm

So far this image is my most favorite :).

There are a few more little things.Is there a possibility that both, D-Pad and analog stick, are available in the game at the same time? For some games I use D-Pad and for other games I use the analog stick. But therefore I always have to change it in the configs. In other images for example both work at the same time for example with SNES.

meveric

Post by meveric » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:17 am

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 pm
So far this image is my most favorite :).

There are a few more little things.Is there a possibility that both, D-Pad and analog stick, are available in the game at the same time? For some games I use D-Pad and for other games I use the analog stick. But therefore I always have to change it in the configs. In other images for example both work at the same time for example with SNES.
Hmm I'm not sure, SNES comes directly from retroarch and it's basically the default configuration for a controller in retroarch.
I know that you can activate analog stick as input as well, but if you can activate it at the same time I'm not sure.
You can try it yourself if you want, when playing a game, just press "II" on the function keys and try to configure retroarch.
If it's working, maybe there is a way to activate it by default... I will also check if I can find something about this :)

meveric

Post by meveric » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 am

ok, it's as I suspected there is an option for it.
I will activate it on the next update. If you don't want to wait, edit:
/home/odroid/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg
and change:

input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
to

input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "1"
Zoolo (Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:17 pm)

Zoolo

Post by Zoolo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:17 pm

Great, thank you :).

pmprog
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO

Post by pmprog » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:38 pm
The goal is to have a shiny and flashy UI as well as an easy way to integrate new software.
It is based on my Debian Buster with a lot of modifications to make it work as a gaming image.
Hi, sorry if I've missed this, as you said this is built on your OS image that you made for developing, are all the build tools still in this image?
I'm interested in an image that is ready for gaming (so my son could just pick it up and go), but also let me drop to a desktop or cli for some development/general computing
Cheers

meveric

Post by meveric » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:27 pm

This image is pretty much ready to go, although you should do some updates, as I often add new things.
It has no build tools installed. This is meant as a gaming image.
You can however install a desktop on it as well and switch between gaming and development if you want. I do the same on my ODROID GO Advance.

pmprog
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO

Post by pmprog » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:36 pm

Thanks

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:07 pm

It's been a while, but I'm looking at dosbox again. I had to manually copy the mapper file and set it in the dosbox config for each game, but that worked well. I've added a few games (man, those platformers sure play differently with only a thumb to control the character, compared to 3 fingers as I used to do on a good old keyboard. Muscle memory I guess). Some games run fine (the mapper is great!), but others are slow. Aladdin has a bit of slowdown, but Carmageddon (since my recent car crash I'm trying to polish up my obstacle avoidance skills :D) plays at a few FPS. Also, Carmageddon has a few vertical black bars when rendering (could be because of scaling?)...
Here's my config: http://paste.debian.net/1151765/
Here's the screenshot:
Am I doing something obviously wrong? Is there a better carmageddon for a different platform I should try?

Another topic - I'd like to add some native games (lzdoom). Can I make a category for them in the launcher and use something like your dosbox-go script to load them up?
Thanks

meveric

Post by meveric » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:06 am

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:07 pm
It's been a while, but I'm looking at dosbox again. I had to manually copy the mapper file and set it in the dosbox config for each game, but that worked well.
The mapper file should be located in /home/odroid/.dosbox/
On the start it checks if the mapper file inside the dosbox-config file exists, and if NOT, it will copy the "template" renames it to the name of the game, and replaces the mapper string inside the config file with the new name.
It probably breaks, if you copy the template mapper file inside the ROMS/DOS folder though (probably should have picked a impossible name instead like <MAPPER-FILE> or something like that)
I've added a few games (man, those platformers sure play differently with only a thumb to control the character, compared to 3 fingers as I used to do on a good old keyboard. Muscle memory I guess). Some games run fine (the mapper is great!), but others are slow. Aladdin has a bit of slowdown, but Carmageddon (since my recent car crash I'm trying to polish up my obstacle avoidance skills :D) plays at a few FPS.
Yes performance varies a lot. Some games run great, others not so much. I tried GTA and it's too slow, but "playable".
Others are too slow as well, but it doesn't affect gameplay, like some of the strategy games where you don't need sharp reaction time.
Also, Carmageddon has a few vertical black bars when rendering (could be because of scaling?)...
Here's my config: http://paste.debian.net/1151765/
Here's the screenshot:
Am I doing something obviously wrong? Is there a better carmageddon for a different platform I should try?
Carmageddon was always complicated to get to work. I dealt with that on the XU4 as well. It also comes with several graphics backends, and at some point I even had it running with 3DFx :D
Overall the vertical lines are a known issue for Carmageddon on DOSBox, especially on the menu.
There are some workarounds, but I don't remember them. You can probably find several discussions about this (and maybe a solution) on other forums.
Another topic - I'd like to add some native games (lzdoom). Can I make a category for them in the launcher and use something like your dosbox-go script to load them up?
Thanks
There should already be a folder called "LINUX" it's for "Ports" currently not much of graphics going on here, but it expects .sh files which you can fill with your own shellscripts as you like :)
mad_ady (Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:15 am)

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:17 am

Thanks! Who should be handling copying the map file so I can investigate? The scraper?

meveric

Post by meveric » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:52 am

normally dosbox-go should take care of it..
but I'll check.. maybe the code is missing.. I went through several versions.. maybe I messed it up somewhere on the way.

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:29 am

Nope, it just starts antimicro, dosbox, sets governor to performance and back...

Zoolo

Post by Zoolo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 am
ok, it's as I suspected there is an option for it.
I will activate it on the next update. If you don't want to wait, edit:
/home/odroid/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg
and change:

input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "0"
to

input_player1_analog_dpad_mode = "1"
This works well with snes, gg etc. but unfortunately it does not work with mame. On the other hand it is working with fba. Is there a way to activate both controls in mame also?

meveric

Post by meveric » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:01 am

Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:37 pm
This works well with snes, gg etc. but unfortunately it does not work with mame. On the other hand it is working with fba. Is there a way to activate both controls in mame also?
Sadly no, mame2003plus core overwrites this setting with it's own.
There is a setting where you can chose to EITHER use digital (dpad) OR analog input, but it does not support both at the same time.

Zoolo

Post by Zoolo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:43 am

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:01 am
Sadly no, mame2003plus core overwrites this setting with it's own.
There is a setting where you can chose to EITHER use digital (dpad) OR analog input, but it does not support both at the same time.
Too bad ☹️. Thanks for the answer!

meveric

Post by meveric » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:57 am

Update:
I added a graphical interface for setting up WLAN it's based on python and can easily be reconfigured/rewritten if needed.
I will use the same to create other menus in the future, for example for core selection (hopefully soon).

I did some fixes and config changes as well, which you can see here: viewtopic.php?p=296096#p296096

I also uploaded a new base image, so that you can start directly with Rev 1.1 support, without having to update the image first.
It also includes the new WLAN-Setup which means you can start using the image as is from within attract mode without having to go to the console first.
These users thanked the author meveric for the post (total 3):
mad_ady (Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:34 am) • Zoolo (Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:00 am) • odroid (Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:26 am)

suetlung
ODROIDs: odroid go advanced
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by suetlung » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:43 am

Good job guys.

Just a question. Does it support sleep as retro roller does?

Thanks.

meveric

Post by meveric » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:48 pm

I never tried nor configured it, so I'd say no.

meveric

Post by meveric » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 am

I played a little bit around with box86 (x86 emulator) on the ODROID Go Advance.
Just cause I can and it works :D
https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/Vid ... ox86-2.mp4
Didn't do much in matter of mapping or anything, I used an keyboard and mouse in this video.
Don't think there are too many games that will run decently.
I also played "Satellite Repairman", which instantly worked with gamepad support, that was nice.
These users thanked the author meveric for the post (total 3):
odroid (Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:53 am) • Zoolo (Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:20 am) • ducadan (Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:51 am)

zztfoxdev
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Post by zztfoxdev » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:51 am

How does one install box86 on this image. Loved it on pi4? I know you typically need a lot of ram, just wondering.

meveric

Post by meveric » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:56 pm

I have a .deb package I'm currently working on.
I just try to put together some missing libraries that I come across while testing and when that's done I'll upload the package.
Still there's currently no easy way to get things working, and often the input control is not working properly.

zztfoxdev
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Post by zztfoxdev » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:15 am

Looking forward to it.

Also about the controls and other issues, that is part of the fun of it. It is so awesome when you finally get that one game/program you really want working on something it should not :)

jpearn
ODROIDs: U2

Post by jpearn » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:57 pm

I've tried using the WLAN setup with my OGA 1.1 BE however it looks like the config. gets overwritten at boot ? I can ping the device for a few seconds and then it times out, so I have to complete the WLAN setup again. I've tried adding wlan0 in /etc/network/interfaces.d and still no joy, any ideas please ?

meveric

Post by meveric » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:46 am

The config is not overwritten.
It is written once when you run the WLAN setup, but not touched after that.

It's probably best to check the syslog what's happening at the time when it looses connection.
if you can I suggest plugging in a keyboard and switch to a different VT login as root and try to observe what's happening.
It's not an ideal way to debug, but should work anyway.
I used the WLAN for several weeks now and haven't had an issue, so it's hard to tell what could be the issue without further information.
The WLAN setup is quite simple, just SSID and password, nothing else is touched, so there is hardly and margin for errors unless it's with the hardware itself, or someone tampered with the image and WLAN itself (for example installing Network Manager or something like that).

Are you using the internal WLAN adapter of Rev. 1.1 or your own WLAN dongle?

jpearn
ODROIDs: U2

Post by jpearn » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:17 am

I've restarted today and it's connected and stayed connected 1st time. It's the internal WLAN of the 1.1
Here's the syslog :
Jul 1 14:44:12 localhost systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 0.
Jul 1 14:44:12 localhost systemd[1]: Started Session c1 of user root.
Jul 1 14:44:13 localhost dhclient[575]: DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.8.124 on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
Jul 1 14:44:13 localhost sh[314]: DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.8.124 on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
Jul 1 14:44:13 localhost dhclient[575]: DHCPACK of 192.168.8.124 from 192.168.8.100
Jul 1 14:44:13 localhost sh[314]: DHCPACK of 192.168.8.124 from 192.168.8.100
Jul 1 14:44:13 localhost sh[314]: RTNETLINK answers: File exists
Jul 1 14:44:15 localhost dhclient[575]: bound to 192.168.8.124 -- renewal in 37248 seconds.
Jul 1 14:44:15 localhost sh[314]: bound to 192.168.8.124 -- renewal in 37248 seconds.
Jul 1 14:44:15 localhost sh[314]: wlan0=wlan0

However the 2nd reboot I can see it connects / disconnects and then after a couple of seconds connects with :
[ 40.496845] wlan0: deauthenticating from 30:23:03:88:XX:XX by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)

So I'm stumped as it stays solid on other images.

meveric

Post by meveric » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:20 am

can you try this:
https://superuser.com/questions/974017/ ... then-drops

Could be an issue with the region setting for the WLAN adapter.

Also if for whatever reason you installed network manager you probably should get rid of it.

zachps71
ODROIDs: Odroid Go A v1.1

Post by zachps71 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:00 am

Hi, I was wondering if you had a chance to see why the Drastic DS is not taking any button inputs. The only thing that works is the analog stick for mouse and L1 for mouse click. None of the function keys under the screen respond either.

I have done the update command via SSH also.

Thanks

meveric

Post by meveric » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Drastic seams to be a bit complicated. It steals the input and therefor button mapping often doesn't work.
Still the F1 key should work for exit, and oddly often after an exit and restart the input seems to work fine.
For me this also seems to depend on the games itself. Some games work all the time, and input is fine, other games seem to have major issues.
One of my favorite games (Bleach - The 3rd Phantom) is one of the complicated games, BUT I still found a workaround.
Apparently for a short moment at the start the buttons are working fine (at least after the second start, so start -> exit ->start again) and at that time I do load the save state and with that the game suddenly works fine.
Once again, this seems to be very game specific. Most of the games work once you restart the emulator the first time.
The others you need to quickly load a save state and everything works after that.

Return to β€œProjects”