Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance v3.6 stable

Third party OS images and hardware mods
Post Reply
User avatar
davidrx
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 5:53 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance [Rev 1.1 AKA Black Edition]
Location: California, US
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance May update!

Post by davidrx » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:14 am

shanti wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:12 am

BTW a new feature has been added, video, youtube and twich support, still in the very early stages, no control yet (except for hotkey+start to quit) and it is not intended for 4k video or stuff like that :) more info soon!

link in the OP
Can't wait to test the video feature out! I will have my OGA in two days, so i'll make sure to test it out then.
I hope you have a good day/night!

shanti
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 104 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance May update!

Post by shanti » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:52 am

davidrx wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:14 am
Can't wait to test the video feature out! I will have my OGA in two days, so i'll make sure to test it out then.
I forgot to mention that if you want to test the video feature and you are updating from an old version you will need to manually update the es_systems.cfg file. And also, keep in mind this is a very basic, very alpha feature, it will get better with time, but as of right now its a proof of concept more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEisL3KNuPA

here is a quick test using a live youtube stream (WiFi needed of course)
These users thanked the author shanti for the post (total 2):
odroid (Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:05 am) • davidrx (Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:27 am)

Josezno
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Josezno » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:19 am

But where's the .tar file for 3.6?

jonathan_g
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by jonathan_g » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 pm

For those of us that don't know, what is the difference between the .tar file and the .img file? And how would I go about flashing/using the .tar file?

zombiekutez
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:37 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advanved
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance May update!

Post by zombiekutez » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:49 pm

shanti wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:52 am
davidrx wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:14 am
Can't wait to test the video feature out! I will have my OGA in two days, so i'll make sure to test it out then.
I forgot to mention that if you want to test the video feature and you are updating from an old version you will need to manually update the es_systems.cfg file. And also, keep in mind this is a very basic, very alpha feature, it will get better with time, but as of right now its a proof of concept more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEisL3KNuPA

here is a quick test using a live youtube stream (WiFi needed of course)
So nice i just update complete, retroarch update to v1.8.8, but parallel n64 core version look like get update, but i don't know why my option still old verision.
Image
They do not show parallel gfx plugin, the new version have defferent setting in option core.
Image
Pls! Update new parallel n64 core, that n64 can get full speed and accurate n64 in my mali 450 mp2 gpu a 5 year old android phone, maybe this is the hope for OGA to get full speed n64 game.

Grocerybag
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:02 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance May update!

Post by Grocerybag » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 pm

zombiekutez wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:49 pm
shanti wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:52 am
davidrx wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:14 am
Can't wait to test the video feature out! I will have my OGA in two days, so i'll make sure to test it out then.
I forgot to mention that if you want to test the video feature and you are updating from an old version you will need to manually update the es_systems.cfg file. And also, keep in mind this is a very basic, very alpha feature, it will get better with time, but as of right now its a proof of concept more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEisL3KNuPA

here is a quick test using a live youtube stream (WiFi needed of course)
So nice i just update complete, retroarch update to v1.8.8, but parallel n64 core version look like get update, but i don't know why my option still old verision.
Image
They do not show parallel gfx plugin, the new version have defferent setting in option core.
Image
Pls! Update new parallel n64 core, that n64 can get full speed and accurate n64 in my mali 450 mp2 gpu a 5 year old android phone, maybe this is the hope for OGA to get full speed n64 game.
I found out from Shanti that the core does not work on OGA. Only works for Win, Mac and Linux

Borbosch
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:05 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Borbosch » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:14 pm

jonathan_g wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 pm
For those of us that don't know, what is the difference between the .tar file and the .img file? And how would I go about flashing/using the .tar file?
As i understand it, the .tar is for updating a existing installation and the .img is for fresh flashing of a new SD-Card.

After a fresh installation on a new SD-Card i can't find the Volume-Control in the settings. Any other way to decrease the volume in emulationstation?

User avatar
adventureFAN
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: OGA V1.1
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by adventureFAN » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:25 pm

Borbosch wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:14 pm
jonathan_g wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 pm
For those of us that don't know, what is the difference between the .tar file and the .img file? And how would I go about flashing/using the .tar file?
As i understand it, the .tar is for updating a existing installation and the .img is for fresh flashing of a new SD-Card.

After a fresh installation on a new SD-Card i can't find the Volume-Control in the settings. Any other way to decrease the volume in emulationstation?
In-game hotkeys for Retroarch (some of them also work on Amiberry):
F1 + Up/down controls volume
F1 + LB Loads Savestate / RB saves
F1 + 4 Shows/hides FPS
F1 + 5 fast forward
F1 + 6 quits game
F1 + x loads menu (this also works with 3 + 4)
F1 + b resets
F1 + dpad left/right change save slot
For other emulators F1 + 6 quits emulator

Global hotkey combos:
F3 + Dpad up/down changes volume
F3 + Dpad left/right changes brightness
F3 + Right bumper toggles between headphones and speakers
These users thanked the author adventureFAN for the post (total 3):
Borbosch (Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:36 pm) • davidrx (Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:23 am) • wzch (Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:27 pm)

listonosh
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by listonosh » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:18 pm

Got a quick question, after flashing the image onto my 64GB microSD, it changes it to a 500mb card and says I have like 30mb free. I've tried flashing it twice now with no luck.

nullsmack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by nullsmack » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 pm

Looks like it resizes the partition when you first boot it, so you'll have to boot it on the OGA once.
These users thanked the author nullsmack for the post:
listonosh (Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:57 pm)

listonosh
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by listonosh » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:29 pm

nullsmack wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 pm
Looks like it resizes the partition when you first boot it, so you'll have to boot it on the OGA once.
Yep that was it! So the first time I flashed a 16gb sd card it worked fine and I was able to add roms to it no problem. Now I'm trying to do the same with my 64gb sd card and whenever I add any roms, on boot up I get the message filesystem corruption detected, and when I put the SD card back into my PC to load it up, everything I transferred to it is now gone. Any ideas? I've tried googling the issue and the only responses I see are a few years old and they're all using terms I don't understand.

zombiekutez
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:37 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advanved
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by zombiekutez » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:50 pm

Sorry about my worst report, new image still charging normal, but something strange here, i don't know exactly going on, my OGA only charging when it turn on, before update to v3.6 i still charging normal when i turn off device, orther image like retro retro arena it still charging when i turn off device, since i update emuelec to v3.6, it not charging when i turn off, including orther image, don't know why, maybe my battery chip error, or my bios going break, some how i recovery my system, flashing bios or something to fix it

tofuwurst
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by tofuwurst » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:48 pm

hi there,

using an odroid advanced black with, 3.6-TEST-06042020 updated from 3.5 via tar. still no working internel wifi (externel adapter via usb works) and L2 & R2 arent recognized either. allready tried the "reset emuelec script and binaries to default"... anything else i could try?

Cg2005
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Cg2005 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:01 pm

tofuwurst wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:48 pm
hi there,

using an odroid advanced black with, 3.6-TEST-06042020 updated from 3.5 via tar. still no working internel wifi (externel adapter via usb works) and L2 & R2 arent recognized either. allready tried the "reset emuelec script and binaries to default"... anything else i could try?
So, I noticed this too when updating using the same SD card as before from OGA rev 1. As Shanti said in a previous post, it would be best to start fresh using a new SD card, so I tried that and everything is working as it should. The only thing I had to do was copy over my roms (and some save files of course) to get everything back to where it was.

Josezno
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Josezno » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:16 pm

tofuwurst wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:48 pm
hi there,

using an odroid advanced black with, 3.6-TEST-06042020 updated from 3.5 via tar. still no working internel wifi (externel adapter via usb works) and L2 & R2 arent recognized either. allready tried the "reset emuelec script and binaries to default"... anything else i could try?
Where did you get the .tar to update to 3.6?

Also, are you supposed to reset script and binaries before or after updating?

Thanks.

tofuwurst
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by tofuwurst » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:56 pm

via the link in the first post. i did reset binarys and scripts after the update.

i tried to write the img to a new sd card, but it doesnt boot at all...

Josezno
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Josezno » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:17 am

tofuwurst wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:56 pm
via the link in the first post.
You mean here?

https://emuelec.dpi.mx/files/?dir=OdroidGoAdvance

I only see a .sha256 file.

tofuwurst
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by tofuwurst » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:22 am

i downloaded this and put it in the ".update" folder of the storage partition.

https://emuelec.dpi.mx/files/OdroidGoAd ... o2_v11.tar
These users thanked the author tofuwurst for the post:
Josezno (Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:25 am)

Josezno
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Josezno » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:25 am

tofuwurst wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:22 am
i downloaded this and put it in the ".update" folder of the storage partition.

https://emuelec.dpi.mx/files/OdroidGoAd ... o2_v11.tar
Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't see that file.

nullsmack
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by nullsmack » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:16 pm

listonosh wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:29 pm
nullsmack wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 pm
Looks like it resizes the partition when you first boot it, so you'll have to boot it on the OGA once.
Yep that was it! So the first time I flashed a 16gb sd card it worked fine and I was able to add roms to it no problem. Now I'm trying to do the same with my 64gb sd card and whenever I add any roms, on boot up I get the message filesystem corruption detected, and when I put the SD card back into my PC to load it up, everything I transferred to it is now gone. Any ideas? I've tried googling the issue and the only responses I see are a few years old and they're all using terms I don't understand.
It's possible that your 64gb card isn't working properly. Google around and see if you can find any programs to test it. There are fake cards floating around that claim to be a certain capacity, but they are really much smaller and they've been altered to report a larger capacity. h2testw is one tool you could use if you're on Windows.

Cg2005
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Cg2005 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:06 am

It appears that controller configuration was lost with VVVVVV in the test update.

listonosh
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by listonosh » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:29 am

nullsmack wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:16 pm
listonosh wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:29 pm
nullsmack wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 pm
Looks like it resizes the partition when you first boot it, so you'll have to boot it on the OGA once.
Yep that was it! So the first time I flashed a 16gb sd card it worked fine and I was able to add roms to it no problem. Now I'm trying to do the same with my 64gb sd card and whenever I add any roms, on boot up I get the message filesystem corruption detected, and when I put the SD card back into my PC to load it up, everything I transferred to it is now gone. Any ideas? I've tried googling the issue and the only responses I see are a few years old and they're all using terms I don't understand.
It's possible that your 64gb card isn't working properly. Google around and see if you can find any programs to test it. There are fake cards floating around that claim to be a certain capacity, but they are really much smaller and they've been altered to report a larger capacity. h2testw is one tool you could use if you're on Windows.
So the weird thing is is that I've used it to flash a 64gb image no problem before, but the problem is it had too much crap I didn't care for, so I figured I'd rather go with emuelec and add games I like myself.

snock
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 pm
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid-Go Advance
Location: Murcia [Spain]
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by snock » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Anyone mapped from dosbox games?

atsu73
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, japanese
ODROIDs: Xu4, GO, GO-Adv
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by atsu73 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Is the image file below correct?

https://emuelec.dpi.mx/files/?dir=OdroidGoAdvance
EmuELEC-OdroidGoAdvance.arm-3.6-TEST-06042020-odroidgo2_v11.img.gz

$ sha256sum EmuELEC-OdroidGoAdvance.arm-3.6-TEST-06042020-odroidgo2_v11.img.gz
3e9565fa32a4942ce3783dab00eda6c10d59da1a7e38cc718736c260b3857d1e EmuELEC-OdroidGoAdvance.arm-3.6-TEST-06042020-odroidgo2_v11.img.gz

According to the .sha256 file, it should be the following hash value.
sha256 5b2627f2c26f1055ddae8a8923081c92b8aa619177be2b4b42f8c76826a66bd8

I tried several times to do a new install with this image, but I couldn't start it.
I have no problems with the other images.

tofuwurst
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by tofuwurst » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:00 am

atsu73 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 pm
Is the image file below correct?

https://emuelec.dpi.mx/files/?dir=OdroidGoAdvance
EmuELEC-OdroidGoAdvance.arm-3.6-TEST-06042020-odroidgo2_v11.img.gz
had exactly the same problems...

Josezno
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Josezno » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:37 am

Anyone has managed to play Paper Mario on the OGA without crashes?

Is there any room for improvement concerning N64 emulation on emuelec? Because it's very poor so far.

Griffin518
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:50 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-go Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Griffin518 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 am

Quick question... anyone know the button combo for inserting a coin in MAME?

User avatar
davidrx
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 5:53 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance [Rev 1.1 AKA Black Edition]
Location: California, US
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by davidrx » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 am

Griffin518 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 am
Quick question... anyone know the button combo for inserting a coin in MAME?
It should be select.
I hope you have a good day/night!

Griffin518
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:50 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-go Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Griffin518 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:14 pm

davidrx wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 am
[quote=Griffin518 post_id=295556 time=<a href="tel:1591745921">1591745921</a> user_id=37909]
Quick question... anyone know the button combo for inserting a coin in MAME?
It should be select.
[/quote]

Ended up needing to change the core. Was defaulting to advancedmame which doesn’t seem to have coin 1 mapped to select. Thanks!

Echorion
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:33 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance March 08 update!

Post by Echorion » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Iamno1 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 pm
Shumafuk wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 pm
Is there any BIOS pack (all in one) for Emuelec?
PM sent. ;)
Could you PM me it also? I would really appreciate it thanks.

Ulver79
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:42 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4, Odroid Go Advance (1st version)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance March 08 update!

Post by Ulver79 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Echorion wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:34 pm
Iamno1 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 pm
Shumafuk wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 pm
Is there any BIOS pack (all in one) for Emuelec?
PM sent. ;)
Could you PM me it also? I would really appreciate it thanks.
Wow, that is awesome. I am missing some BIOS and a pack would be great.
Could you PM it to me as well? Many thanks in adavance.

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34642
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 824 times
Been thanked: 712 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by odroid » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:03 pm

Please stop sharing BIOS files in this forum at least. :evil:
I'll remove the relevant posts soon.
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
wzch (Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 pm)

wzch
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:25 pm
languages_spoken: english, chinese
ODROIDs: OGA BE
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by wzch » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:19 pm

At the first time I flash Emuelec to play with my OGA, it works well,
but after I tried many other OS, my OGA become very lag, both screen and music are.

Did anyone have this problem?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEEWZ_ZQOs

kaspik
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 16, 2020 3:45 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid C2, Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by kaspik » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Hello folks, I was trying Diablo, I'm able to run it, but it does not accept any key - is there some keymap file needed? THX!

Edit: Crosspost for visibility viewtopic.php?f=195&t=39193&p=295715#p295715
Last edited by kaspik on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
adventureFAN
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: OGA V1.1
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by adventureFAN » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 pm

wzch wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:19 pm
At the first time I flash Emuelec to play with my OGA, it works well,
but after I tried many other OS, my OGA become very lag, both screen and music are.

Did anyone have this problem?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEEWZ_ZQOs
Yeah I have the same bad performance with the snes9x core =(
And the sne9x2010 core didn't work
These users thanked the author adventureFAN for the post:
wzch (Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:57 pm)

wzch
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:25 pm
languages_spoken: english, chinese
ODROIDs: OGA BE
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by wzch » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:01 pm

adventureFAN wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 pm
wzch wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:19 pm
At the first time I flash Emuelec to play with my OGA, it works well,
but after I tried many other OS, my OGA become very lag, both screen and music are.

Did anyone have this problem?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEEWZ_ZQOs
Yeah I have the same bad performance with the snes9x core =(
And the sne9x2010 core didn't work
In my case, not only snes,
gba, psx, n64 also have bad performance.

But it happened when I flash many differenct OS to try, it works good at first.

User avatar
adventureFAN
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: OGA V1.1
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by adventureFAN » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:28 pm

gba & psx running full speed on my system.
I tested it with Duke Nukem Advance and Bloody Roar 2. very demanding games for the systems.

Nikojiro
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:46 pm
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Nikojiro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:15 pm

I confirm that I get excellent performance too on GBA, PSX, FBNeo. Bloody Roar 2 is 60fps with enhanced graphics enabled and no frameskip.

Apart from N64 and Dreamcast, every other system performs well. I still have to test NDS.

Nikojiro
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:46 pm
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Nikojiro » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:20 pm

For PSX and GBA, check that you are using BIOS, and that your BIOS files are correct. Emulated BIOS kills performance, especially for PSX.

User avatar
adventureFAN
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: OGA V1.1
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by adventureFAN » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 pm

And SNES? Try demanding games like Star Fox or Yoshi's Island.

Josezno
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Josezno » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 am

adventureFAN wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 pm
And SNES? Try demanding games like Star Fox or Yoshi's Island.
Everything SNES and GBA work flawlessly.

User avatar
adventureFAN
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: OGA V1.1
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by adventureFAN » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:32 am

Which OGA do you have and wich Image do you flash?
Because with Star Fox (Intro) I have heavy stuttring and about 50 FP with the snes9x_libretro core.
Do you really sure Star Fox runs flawlessly?

I have a OGA v11 and flashed the latest Image (4th June).

Retrofuzz
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:36 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Retrofuzz » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 am

I can't seem to get Tomb Raider II (psx) to work? I tried both pal and ntsc versions. I can get to the intro screen but after i start the game, the screen goes black. What's even funnier, there's an edition of Tomb Raider II with an included demo of Tomb Raider III and that demo of TR3 works fine.

zallax
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Advance Black
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by zallax » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am

Griffin518 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:14 pm
davidrx wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 am
[quote=Griffin518 post_id=295556 time=<a href="tel:1591745921">1591745921</a> user_id=37909]
Quick question... anyone know the button combo for inserting a coin in MAME?
It should be select.
Ended up needing to change the core. Was defaulting to advancedmame which doesn’t seem to have coin 1 mapped to select. Thanks!
[/quote]

How did you change the MAME core?

Josezno
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by Josezno » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:07 am

adventureFAN wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:32 am
Which OGA do you have and wich Image do you flash?
Because with Star Fox (Intro) I have heavy stuttring and about 50 FP with the snes9x_libretro core.
Do you really sure Star Fox runs flawlessly?

I have a OGA v11 and flashed the latest Image (4th June).
My OGA is from the first batch and I use emuelec 3.6.

But you're right, Star Fox seems to suffer from some stuttering and slowdowns. I'm not very fond of that game so I hadn't tried it before.

Besides that, every other FX SNES game seem to run perfect, including Yoshi's Island.

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8155
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 404 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by mad_ady » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:26 pm

For those complaining of slowdowns try logging in through ssh and running fstrim -v /. It should be run after flashing a new image or deleting lots of data to speed up sdcard write times.

User avatar
adventureFAN
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: OGA V1.1
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by adventureFAN » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Code: Select all

EmuELEC:~ # fstrim -v /
fstrim: /: the discard operation is not supported
=/

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8155
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 404 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by mad_ady » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Not sure what partition layout emuelec has. Can you show me the output of mount? Also, do you have the white industrial sdcard from HK or a different one?

User avatar
adventureFAN
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: OGA V1.1
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by adventureFAN » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:38 pm

A SanDisk Ultra 128GB:

Code: Select all

devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=469940k,nr_inodes=117485,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /flash type vfat (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=936,iocharset=utf8,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
none on /tmp/shaders type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/usr/share/common-shaders,upperdir=/storage/shaders,workdir=/storage/.tmp/shaders-workdir)
none on /tmp/cores type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/usr/lib/libretro,upperdir=/storage/cores,workdir=/storage/.tmp/cores-workdir)
none on /tmp/joypads type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/etc/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig,upperdir=/storage/joypads,workdir=/storage/.tmp/joypads-workdir)
none on /tmp/overlays type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/usr/share/retroarch-overlays,upperdir=/storage/overlays,workdir=/storage/.tmp/overlays-workdir)
none on /tmp/database type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/usr/share/libretro-database,upperdir=/storage/database,workdir=/storage/.tmp/database-workdir)
none on /tmp/assets type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/usr/share/retroarch-assets,upperdir=/storage/assets,workdir=/storage/.tmp/assets-workdir)

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 7752
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 721 times
Been thanked: 209 times
Contact:

Re: Emuelec for the Odroid Go Advance June update!

Post by rooted » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:41 pm

mad_ady wrote:Not sure what partition layout emuelec has. Can you show me the output of mount? Also, do you have the white industrial sdcard from HK or a different one?
/ is mounted ro since it's squashfs, so there would be no reason to use fstrim on it

storage on the other hand is where you would run fstrim.

Code: Select all

 fstrim -v /storage 
These users thanked the author rooted for the post:
mad_ady (Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:13 pm)

Post Reply

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests