ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

PaulF8080
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:40 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: go, go advance, xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

Post by PaulF8080 » Sat May 16, 2020 6:32 pm

rooted wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am
Swing away Merrill, Merrill swing away.

It's a lot of coincidence. My wrong guesses caught by the same guy. I'm learning a lot from him. Won't stop me from guessing, thanks.

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 7595
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 656 times
Been thanked: 173 times
Contact:

Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

Post by rooted » Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 am

PaulF8080 wrote:
rooted wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 am
Swing away Merrill, Merrill swing away.

It's a lot of coincidence. My wrong guesses caught by the same guy. I'm learning a lot from him. Won't stop me from guessing, thanks.
Indeed, @crashoverride is a smart individual that we can all learn a thing or two from. Often enough I'm corrected by him.

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34091
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 662 times
Been thanked: 609 times
Contact:

Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

Post by odroid » Tue May 19, 2020 10:26 am

OGA-BE engineering samples have arrived to some developers and users.

OS developers must use the latest u-boot code with the following items in boot.ini to load a proper DTB file.
A new u-boot variable hwrev contains the PCB revision information.

Code: Select all

if test ${hwrev} = 'v11'; then
load mmc 1:1 ${dtb_loadaddr} rk3326-odroidgo2-linux-v11.dtb
else
load mmc 1:1 ${dtb_loadaddr} rk3326-odroidgo2-linux.dtb
fi
These users thanked the author odroid for the post (total 4):
mad_ady (Tue May 19, 2020 12:54 pm) • shakaworld (Tue May 19, 2020 1:30 pm) • rooted (Tue May 19, 2020 2:08 pm) • shanti (Tue May 19, 2020 3:39 pm)

shanti
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 87 times
Contact:

Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

Post by shanti » Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm

I got mine, but I've run into a small issue, it seems that the WiFi module is causing a Kernel panic when returning from sleep (suspend) I am not 100% sure since the unit I got does not have a UART header, so I am trying to get one to solder it and check.

But if I remove the WiFi module from the .dts and compiled the dtb the sleep works as intended. (also if I use the v1 dtb)

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34091
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 662 times
Been thanked: 609 times
Contact:

Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

Post by odroid » Tue May 19, 2020 5:17 pm

@shanti,
As far as I remember, the SDIO or WiFi driver doesn't support well the sleep function.
So we needed to unload & load the driver modules before/after suspend-resume process as a workaround.
I hope @joy will explain which drivers should be handled dynamically.
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
rooted (Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm)

User avatar
AreaScout
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:05 am
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U3, XU3, C2, HiFi Shield, XU4, XU4Q,
N1, Go, VU5A, Show2, CloudShell2,
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell, Go2, C4
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 181 times
Contact:

Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

Post by AreaScout » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 pm

    I got mine too (black mamba edition :lol: ) The case seems to have a better accuracy when fitting top and bottom together :) Nice work and thank you HK, I had a great time with this device porting SDL2 and moonlight to it :ugeek:

    RG
    These users thanked the author AreaScout for the post (total 3):
    rooted (Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm) • shanti (Wed May 20, 2020 2:44 am) • joy (Wed May 20, 2020 11:03 am)

    shanti
    Posts: 262
    Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
    languages_spoken: english, spanish
    ODROIDs: Odroid N2
    Has thanked: 54 times
    Been thanked: 87 times
    Contact:

    Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

    Post by shanti » Wed May 20, 2020 2:44 am

    odroid wrote:
    Tue May 19, 2020 5:17 pm
    @shanti,
    As far as I remember, the SDIO or WiFi driver doesn't support well the sleep function.
    So we needed to unload & load the driver modules before/after suspend-resume process as a workaround.
    I hope @joy will explain which drivers should be handled dynamically.
    Thanks, I added the UART port and I have the logs now in case they are needed. Also, should I open a new thread about this?

    User avatar
    odroid
    Site Admin
    Posts: 34091
    Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
    languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
    ODROIDs: ODROID
    Has thanked: 662 times
    Been thanked: 609 times
    Contact:

    Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

    Post by odroid » Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 am

    shanti wrote:
    Wed May 20, 2020 2:44 am
    Thanks, I added the UART port and I have the logs now in case they are needed. Also, should I open a new thread about this?
    Yes, open a new thread in the "Platform development" sub-forum.

    joy
    Posts: 1215
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
    languages_spoken: english
    ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
    Has thanked: 103 times
    Been thanked: 140 times
    Contact:

    Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

    Post by joy » Wed May 20, 2020 10:53 am

    shanti wrote:
    Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm
    I got mine, but I've run into a small issue, it seems that the WiFi module is causing a Kernel panic when returning from sleep (suspend) I am not 100% sure since the unit I got does not have a UART header, so I am trying to get one to solder it and check.
    Hi @shanti,
    There is an issue related to esp8089 suspend&resume,
    and it seems mac80211 driver doesn't make connections from existing esp module driver during resume process and shows kernel crash.
    I've been looking into this issue.

    As an workaround, could you try the following instruction until we fix it?

    - Please edit this file.
    /lib/systemd/system-sleep/sleep

    Code: Select all

    #!/bin/bash
    
    case $1 in
      pre)
    rmmod esp8089
           ;;
      post)
           ;;
    esac
    
    With this workaround, esp8089 module driver is loaded dynamically after resume
    and network with wlan0 will work normally. ;)

    As I checked, sleep current is similar as before, around 10mA.
    These users thanked the author joy for the post:
    shanti (Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm)

    shanti
    Posts: 262
    Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
    languages_spoken: english, spanish
    ODROIDs: Odroid N2
    Has thanked: 54 times
    Been thanked: 87 times
    Contact:

    Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

    Post by shanti » Wed May 20, 2020 1:38 pm

    joy wrote:
    Wed May 20, 2020 10:53 am
    shanti wrote:
    Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm
    I got mine, but I've run into a small issue, it seems that the WiFi module is causing a Kernel panic when returning from sleep (suspend) I am not 100% sure since the unit I got does not have a UART header, so I am trying to get one to solder it and check.
    Hi @shanti,
    There is an issue related to esp8089 suspend&resume,
    and it seems mac80211 driver doesn't make connections from existing esp module driver during resume process and shows kernel crash.
    I've been looking into this issue.

    As an workaround, could you try the following instruction until we fix it?

    - Please edit this file.
    /lib/systemd/system-sleep/sleep

    Code: Select all

    #!/bin/bash
    
    case $1 in
      pre)
    rmmod esp8089
           ;;
      post)
           ;;
    esac
    
    With this workaround, esp8089 module driver is loaded dynamically after resume
    and network with wlan0 will work normally. ;)

    As I checked, sleep current is similar as before, around 10mA.
    I opened a new thread to keep this one from cluttering viewtopic.php?f=194&t=38890

    Andrea89
    Posts: 15
    Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:32 am
    languages_spoken: english
    ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advanced
    Has thanked: 0
    Been thanked: 2 times
    Contact:

    Re: ODROID-Go Advance (OGA) next batch production plan and some news

    Post by Andrea89 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:50 am

    It is on stock!! Let's buy it!!!

    Post Reply

    Return to “General Topics”

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests