My 3 year old son found this old ODROID Android robot and wants to see it in action

WolfgangK
languages_spoken: english, german

My 3 year old son found this old ODROID Android robot and wants to see it in action

Post by WolfgangK »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I do not really know where to put my question.

My 3 year old son found my old "ODROID-BaB Robot Kit" and wants to see it in action now. It's a long time ago and I almost forgot about it. I had to research a while to find out how it worked back then and finally I found the very promising page which offers an .apk file to download: https://wiki.odroid.com/old_product/adk ... redownload

Unfortunately the links on that page are dead. Can anyone help me to find the .apk or the source files? You would make my son very happy :)

Thanks,
Wolfgang

mad_ady
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Re: My 3 year old son found this old ODROID Android robot and wants to see it in action

Post by mad_ady »

I didn't know Hardkernel used to sell a robot kit... That sounds cool!

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Re: My 3 year old son found this old ODROID Android robot and wants to see it in action

Post by meveric »

Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

WolfgangK

Post by WolfgangK »

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

Unfortunately, we lost the old files. Sorry about that. :(

We made it in '2011.

mad_ady
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

Well, if the robot still works and uses some standard interface, like http rest api, maybe its firmware could be dumped and searched for relevant text strings that indicate how one can operate it. Then you could build an app/script that could do the same job. Sort of reverse engineering.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4, GoA v1.1, H2+, HC4, GoS

Post by meveric »

depending on when it was sold, maybe Ameridroid or other companies still have copies of the software....
Have you checked the internet archive?
https://web.archive.org/web/20111226172 ... essory/src
https://web.archive.org/web/20130305115 ... ad/note/62

The things you can find on the internet :D
https://android-apk.org/com.hardkernel. ... ooth-demo/
These users thanked the author meveric for the post (total 3):
mad_ady (Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:44 pm) • WolfgangK (Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:58 pm) • odroid (Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 am)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

WolfgangK

Post by WolfgangK »

Thank you very much! The App you linked was not exactly the app, I was looking for but you pointed me in the right direction. Finally I found it here: https://m.allfreeapk.com/odroid-robot,316752/

I can connect to the robot via bluetooth but unfortunately the app tells me that I'm not connected. I also tried it with an old phone with Android 4.0.4. Have to dig further.
These users thanked the author WolfgangK for the post (total 2):
meveric (Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:56 pm) • odroid (Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 am)

WolfgangK

Post by WolfgangK »

Ah, yeah, I have to press the menu button of the phone (which does not exist on modern phones anymore) and then connected to the robot. Luckily I have an old phone and it works now! Thanks to everyone who helped me. I'm sure this will put smiles on the face of my son :D

Edit: it even works on my new phone. Found the software menu button :)

Return to “General Topics”