Compiling Samba for Time Machine Backups.

alexantao
languages_spoken: english,portuguese
ODROIDs: HC2
Has thanked: 0

Compiling Samba for Time Machine Backups.

Post by alexantao » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 am

Hi, this topic seems to be already addressed, but all topic I found were quite old, so I decided open this for some help.

I have a ODROID-HC2 and I want it to be a TimeMachine server to backup my MacbookPro.
After a lot of failed install of OpenmediaVault, I decided to make a simple install, using the Ubuntu minimal oficial image from HardKernel.

Everything is working fine, SO completely updated. I like to maintain the Oficial

But the Samba version that comes with Ubuntu is 4.7.6 and I need at least 4.8 to make the TimeMachine work. So I need to compile from source the new version.

Following some guides including the oficial samba, I get stuck from the beginning, because I cannot even install some dependencies. Did somebody got to install it ?

Code: Select all

apt-get install acl attr autoconf bind9utils bison build-essential   debhelper dnsutils docbook-xml docbook-xsl flex gdb libjansson-dev krb5-user   libacl1-dev libaio-dev libarchive-dev libattr1-dev libblkid-dev libbsd-dev   libcap-dev libcups2-dev libgnutls28-dev libgpgme-dev libjson-perl   libldap2-dev libncurses5-dev libpam0g-dev libparse-yapp-perl   libpopt-dev libreadline-dev nettle-dev perl perl-modules pkg-config   python-all-dev python-crypto python-dbg python-dev python-dnspython   python3-dnspython python-gpgme python3-gpgme python-markdown python3-markdown   python3-dev xsltproc zlib1g-dev liblmdb-dev lmdb-utils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'perl-modules-5.26' instead of 'perl-modules'
Package python-gpgme is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package python3-gpgme is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'python-gpgme' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'python3-gpgme' has no installation candidate

alexantao

Re: Compiling Samba for Time Machine Backups.

Post by alexantao » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:23 am

Update:

I don't know if I did it right, but I read somewhere that on Bionic the gpgme was substituted by only python-gig. Installed all dependencies that way.

But on configure phase, the command gets stuck on:

Code: Select all

Checking for header sys/fs/vx_quota.h                                                           : no 
Checking for header sys/quota.h                                                                 : yes 
Checking for header ufs/ufs/quota.h                                                             : no 
Checking for header jfs/quota.h                                                                 :
Let it there for about 1 hour and nothing happened...

Any clue ?

alexantao

Re: Compiling Samba for Time Machine Backups.

Post by alexantao » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:37 am

The lock was caused by the parameter --jobs=`nprocs --all`
These users thanked the author alexantao for the post:
odroid (Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:27 am)

Return to “Ubuntu”