Dosbox configuration in Emuelec

Game ROMs compatibility, performance and new cores
ducadan
languages_spoken: english
Been thanked: 0

Dosbox configuration in Emuelec

Unread post by ducadan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 pm

I've located the dosbox-SDL2.conf file in the Emuelec image(i use a wifi dongle in my Odroid) , but it doesn't allow me to modify the file(to start a game)

I know you can setup individual .conf files for all the games using Windows, but i can't make it work with this dosbox for Emuelec.

1.How to i setup a .conf file for a "game", where do i put that .conf file, how to i make dosbox know which .conf file to load ?
2.I have no usb keyboard to type, so i must be able to do this from Windows and copy the files with my wifi dongle
thx

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2, Go, Go Advance

Re: Dosbox configuration in Emuelec

Unread post by mad_ady » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Since you have wifi, you can ssh into the ogo adv and try to edit the files with vi.

lediable
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by lediable » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 pm

ducadan wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 pm
I've located the dosbox-SDL2.conf file in the Emuelec image(i use a wifi dongle in my Odroid) , but it doesn't allow me to modify the file(to start a game)

I know you can setup individual .conf files for all the games using Windows, but i can't make it work with this dosbox for Emuelec.

1.How to i setup a .conf file for a "game", where do i put that .conf file, how to i make dosbox know which .conf file to load ?
2.I have no usb keyboard to type, so i must be able to do this from Windows and copy the files with my wifi dongle
thx
Hello!

It's a little off topic but I have emuelec on my odroid too. Can you explain how play dos game on my console? I have a folder called "dos" but still doesn't find any game :(

ducadan

Unread post by ducadan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:13 pm

lediable wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:48 pm
ducadan wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 pm

thx
Hello!

It's a little off topic but I have emuelec on my odroid too. Can you explain how play dos game on my console? I have a folder called "dos" but still doesn't find any game :(
The games should be put into storage/roms/ports/pc ; make sure the names of the folders have short names, and the exe should be located in the root of the game folder. I suggest you watch a tutorial of how Dosbox functions in windows, and how to setup, because its not as straight forward to setup. This will help you set it up for Odroid go Advance, once i figured it out myself:)

--
Post by mad_ady » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:47 pm

Since you have wifi, you can ssh into the ogo adv and try to edit the files with vi.
--

By SSH you mean "accessing the odroid from the WIFI with a Program like WinSCP? Yes i am at that step, i can see the files. But:

As i've said in the first post i don't know how to setup the configuration files for each individual game. So as of this moment when i try to launch a game, the Dosbox launches and says the error Drive C is already mounted with local directory /storage/roms/pc/ ,, Illegal command : game.exe

I know i have to have a separate .conf file for each game(so that dosbox mounts the folder of that specific game) but dont know where to put those .conf files, in order for them to bypass the default .conf file which mounts just the /pc folder

lediable

Unread post by lediable » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:49 pm

I figured out how to play a dos game with emuelec: you have to set dosbox_libretro on advanced settings. Auto doesn't work

Now the next issue that i cant figure out is how to map the controls..

ducadan

Unread post by ducadan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:05 pm

lediable wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:49 pm
I figured out how to play a dos game with emuelec: you have to set dosbox_libretro on advanced settings. Auto doesn't work

That's great. It mounts the directories automatically or something. It works for me too. But i still need to know how to have a separate keyboard files for every game(so i can set up the keyboard corectly to match some OG advance buttons)

lediable

Unread post by lediable » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:21 pm

ducadan wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:05 pm
lediable wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:49 pm

That's great. It mounts the directories automatically or something. It works for me too. But i still need to know how to have a separate keyboard files for every game(so i can set up the keyboard corectly to match some OG advance buttons)
If you know how to map properly let me know how to do that :)

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:43 pm

@ducadan I was suggesting using a program like putty to log into the ogo and running commands.
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
ducadan (Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:17 am)

ducadan

Unread post by ducadan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:59 am

mad_ady wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:43 pm
@ducadan I was suggesting using a program like putty to log into the ogo and running commands.
ooh ; i'm a total linux noob;; i'll google that "putty".

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 am

Welcome to the journey of linux proficiency!

Return to “Game emulations”