retroarch not compiliing anymore on C1

Post Reply
jit
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 pm
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: odroid-w => portable retrogaming in a gameboy case,
C0 => custom portable retrogaming "GameOdroid C0"
C0 => Waiting to be used as portable music player
C1 => in a dead project of a portable retrogaming in a gamegear case
C1+ => no more used (was a reverse proxy)... maybe recycled as an Amiga
C2 => Multimedia box for TV and Music
XU4 => serving as OGST
N1 => Home made rackable NAS
4xHC1 => docker swarm cluster
1xHC1 => reverse proxy + seed box
N2 => not yet started... may become another portable gaming device...
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

retroarch not compiliing anymore on C1

Unread post by jit » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:29 am

Hello all,

I'm making some scripts to build a fbdev retroarch from ubuntu 18.04 minimal and Retropie scripts on an odroid C1.
It worked perfectly during weeks. I did not try to recompile everything since 1 week, but now that I try, it fail because of __ARM_NEON__ macro that seems not to be defined (I compiled it dozen of times there's a some days ago)

Any thing has changed in packages (I did upgrade + dist-upgrade before compiling) ?

here is the ./configure command used by retropie package to compile retroarch :
./configure --prefix='/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch' '--disable-sdl --enable-sdl2 --disable-oss --disable-al --disable-jack --
disable-qt --disable-pulse --disable-x11 --enable-opengles --enable-mali_fbdev --enable-floathard --enable-neon --disable-vulkan -
-disable-wayland

And here is the error :
Checking presence of predefined macro __ARM_NEON__ ... no
Build assumed that __ARM_NEON__ is defined, but it's not. Exiting ...

jit
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 pm
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: odroid-w => portable retrogaming in a gameboy case,
C0 => custom portable retrogaming "GameOdroid C0"
C0 => Waiting to be used as portable music player
C1 => in a dead project of a portable retrogaming in a gamegear case
C1+ => no more used (was a reverse proxy)... maybe recycled as an Amiga
C2 => Multimedia box for TV and Music
XU4 => serving as OGST
N1 => Home made rackable NAS
4xHC1 => docker swarm cluster
1xHC1 => reverse proxy + seed box
N2 => not yet started... may become another portable gaming device...
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: retroarch not compiliing anymore on C1

Unread post by jit » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:35 pm

ok I got it !

I found 2 mistakes in retropie's system.sh script.

in function platform_odroid-c1() : the cpu flags are not exactly appropriated for C1, I changed to the following to it compiles correctly :
-D__ARM_NEON__ -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a5 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard

The second error seems not very important, but by correcting it, compilation is faster (more threads and usage of -pipe option):
in conf_memory_vars(), the way available memory is fetched does not work on C1 because of missing "MemAvail" entry from /proc/info. The same result can be obtained with free. So I just changed "__memory_avail_kb" with the following :
__memory_avail_kb=$(awk '/^Mem/ {print $7}' <(free))

I'm polishing a bit my script, but all theses modifications will be published on github : https://github.com/jit06/retroarch_fbdev_c1

I will also fill an issue for retropie.
These users thanked the author jit for the post:
odroid (Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:13 am)

Post Reply

Return to “Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests