languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2

Re: Petitboot, yet another bootloader based on KEXEC

Unread post by Sav » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:38 am

binhex wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:29 am
Sav wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:29 am
Have you tried to download again the self install image?
yes, several times, just for the record i downloaded the image from https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/S922X/ODRO ... .0-64-ATV/
That's the location. I don't know what to say a part from the fact that I don't use the latest petitboot version, but the previous one.

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 am

Let me note a couple of things regarding the boot problems with uSD card.

If you do not see the boot entry on Petitboot, exit to shell and check these.
  • Use the command ls /dev/mmcblk1* whether or not uSD is recognized. If the command gives nothing, the uSD is not recognized or not mounted yet or it's corrupted.
  • If the uSD is recognized, use the command uboot-parser. If you are able to find out the lines started with IMAGE=, INITRD=, DTB= and APPEND=, Petitboot can show up the boot entry for uSD.
  • Actually, the boot entry feature is not a matter of the Petitboot version if it's after 20190705.
Regarding the Samsung EVO uSD card, I got a couple of **EVO** memory cards with different colours recently and I realize EVO+ in RED does not boot by Petitboot, I would know kind of the reason and am looking for the workaround.

For the stock Android Pie + Lineage ATV cases, I have not considered that this combo with Petitboot. I need to investigate what causes the boot problem.

binhex
ODROIDs: N2

Unread post by binhex » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:16 am

tobetter wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 am
Regarding the Samsung EVO uSD card, I got a couple of **EVO** memory cards with different colours recently and I realize EVO+ in RED does not boot by Petitboot, I would know kind of the reason and am looking for the workaround.
this is the case for me, i do have the Samsung EVO+ in red, and yep for me petitiboot does not allow me to boot from it or see it as a visible boot device. i have actually ordered a sandisk micro sd (which apparently work fine), so its no real problem for me, especially considering how cheap these things are now, so please dont prioritise this due to me :-), i appreciate your work tobetter !!

istanbulls
languages_spoken: Turkish
ODROIDs: ODROID N2

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:12 am

istanbulls wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:28 am
Hi,
I bought a new uSD for 3-OS. Samsung EVO Plus 64GB U3 https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSDX ... B06XFWPXYD
It doesn't work with Petitboot.
I made video on Youtube. English is not my mother tongue, I can not express myself well. I thought it would be more understandable.
This uSD works very well with Ubuntu-Mate, Armbian and coreelec and doesn't stutter. I am very pleased but I do not understand why petitboot is causing problems. It doesn't make sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTQ8CVQd00

Another problem,
Again I bought a Lexar 64 GB 1000x 4K Micro SD for the triple OS. https://www.lexar.com/portfolio_page/pr ... -ii-cards/
No Petitboot problem.
But he doesn't work with Ubuntu-Mate, stuttering, hanging out, not fluent.
Expensive and fast uSD but problematic with Ubuntu-Mate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGQ8ooTZ9hI

Thank you in advance for your information and help
My mSD cards:
Samsung evo pro 64gb. = Petitboot does not work. (exit the shell runs after enter - ctrl del restart.)
Lexar 1000x 64gb. = Petitboot works but Ubuntu MATE is not stable (Armbian and CoreElec work well)
Sandisk exteme A1 U3 32gb. = Petitboot works and all OSs work fast and well.
Sandisk exteme A2 U3 64gb. = Petitboot works and all OSs work fast and well. (For me the fastest running mSD. Highly recommend, you should take it to 64gb mSD receivables)
OV Pro U3 32gb. = Petitboot works and all OSs work fast and well. (Same performance as Sandisk exteme A1 U3 32gb)
Toshiba M203 16gb. = Petitiboot works all OSs but works very slow, sometimes stuttering.
Attachments
6bN5rtQh.jpeg
6bN5rtQh.jpeg (186.71 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
These users thanked the author istanbulls for the post (total 2):
binhex (Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:17 am) • stats101 (Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:50 am)

Sholander
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Sholander » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:20 am

tobetter wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:08 am

For the stock Android Pie + Lineage ATV cases, I have not considered that this combo with Petitboot. I need to investigate what causes the boot problem.
The problem as I see it is only with certain EVO+ cards, since I have both ATV versions (Pie & LOS 64bit) installed on 2 different Sandisk uSD cards and both work OK with Petitboot. with last and before last versions.

n2user
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by n2user » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Hello all, just received my N2 a couple of days back. I've been trying to get Manjaro ARM and Arch Linux to work off a pendrive with petitboot - but none of them work. Hitting enter at the petitboot screen with the partition selected just leads me to a black screen. The red light stays on and the blue light flashes, but I can see it hasn't boot as Ethernet doesn't get connected. Every other OS I've tried (EmuELEC, Android, CoreELEC) works. I was going through the Manjaro thread on the same forum and can see the issue is still standing - am I right in guessing this is the same reason for why Arch isn't working too? Thanks a lot for your help. I'm on the latest version of petitboot btw

mxmilkb
languages_spoken: English

Unread post by mxmilkb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:12 am

n2user wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 pm
I've been trying to get Manjaro ARM and Arch Linux to work off a pendrive with petitboot ... the issue is still standing
Currently the issue is only standing for one out of three people who have tried swapping out the boot.ini with the one provided in the thread. Regarding Arch, see this thread.

n2user

Unread post by n2user » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:45 am

mxmilkb wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:12 am
n2user wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 pm
I've been trying to get Manjaro ARM and Arch Linux to work off a pendrive with petitboot ... the issue is still standing
Currently the issue is only standing for one out of three people who have tried swapping out the boot.ini with the one provided in the thread. Regarding Arch, see this thread.
For Manjaro - I tried swapping the boot.ini with the one in the thread, and changed the root argument to my partition's UUID. Now when I boot into it from Petitboot only the red light glows - the blue light doesn't glow at all. The LEDs are a solid red. Will try Arch out and get back on this thread.

Edit: I found out that there's no meson-g12-odroid-n2.dtb in my dtbs/amlogic folder, so I downloaded your image off of Firefox Send and copied that dtb over. Now the boot is stuck with both red and blue lights on (no flashing). This happens even when booting with the switch set to MMC rather than SPI, unlike with the original boot.ini where it used to boot fine off the SD card in MMC mode.

mxmilkb

Unread post by mxmilkb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 am

n2user wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:45 am
Edit: I found out that there's no meson-g12-odroid-n2.dtb in my dtbs/amlogic folder
Did you build that Manjaro setup using the manjaro-installer-script?

n2user

Unread post by n2user » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:57 pm

mxmilkb wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 am
n2user wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:45 am
Edit: I found out that there's no meson-g12-odroid-n2.dtb in my dtbs/amlogic folder
Did you build that Manjaro setup using the manjaro-installer-script?
Yes, tried that. I got Manjaro to boot with Petitboot. No changes are required at all - I just flashed the stock img to my USB drive and then changed the root parameter in the boot.ini to the UUID of that partition.

mxmilkb

Unread post by mxmilkb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:15 pm

From a troubleshooting point of view, I'm slightly confused as to the partial description of the actions you have taken, because using the manjaro-installer-script to create an install != using the stock img. Maybe you did run the script, but there is no img involved with that specific process. What do you mean by "stock img"? Also, none of the process described in the other thread involves changing a UUID; it's a complete swap out of the boot.ini.

n2user

Unread post by n2user » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 am

mxmilkb wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:15 pm
From a troubleshooting point of view, I'm slightly confused as to the partial description of the actions you have taken, because using the manjaro-installer-script to create an install != using the stock img. Maybe you did run the script, but there is no img involved with that specific process. What do you mean by "stock img"? Also, none of the process described in the other thread involves changing a UUID; it's a complete swap out of the boot.ini.
1. By stock img I mean the one the Odroid N2 wiki directs you to: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm ... d-n2/90115
2. Just a complete swap out of the boot.ini will not work if your rootfs is on USB like in my case: hence, I tried swapping out the boot.ini and then changing the root parameter to the UUID of my USB drive - of course, to no avail.

Ric3200
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: C2

Unread post by Ric3200 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 am

Hi,

I have the N2, CoreElec on MMC and Batocera on micro sd. I have been able to update Petitboot to the latest version. Booting in SPI mode, Petitboot recognises the images on MMC (CoreE.) and on micro sd (Batocera). After choosing one of them in the menu, the N2 restarts, but nothing happens.

Using the N2 with the boot switch in MMC mode (while leaving the micro sd in the slot with Batocera at the same time), it boots CoreElec, but stucks in a boot loop.

Batocera boots without any problems from micro sd when I remove the MMC.

Any idea?

Best regards,

Ric3200

mxmilkb

Unread post by mxmilkb » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:28 pm

n2user wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:57 am
2. Just a complete swap out of the boot.ini will not work if your rootfs is on USB like in my case: hence, I tried swapping out the boot.ini and then changing the root parameter to the UUID of my USB drive - of course, to no avail.
As far as I can tell from your posts, you have downloaded the old HK 4.x kernel Manjaro img and replaced the boot.ini it has with the one from the other thread.

The solution: ignore/delete that img, instead run the manjaro-arm-installer script to build an install of Manjaro on microSD or eMMC or USB stick, and swap the boot.ini out on the new mainline Manjaro install.

Don't try and involve your own root partition until you can confirm you have the basics up and running.

mxmilkb

Unread post by mxmilkb » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 am

Where does petitboot get ${devno} from?

I've used another path to creating a working Manjaro ARM install; by getting an Manjaro VM from osboxes.org, installing manjaro-arm-tools package and using it's buildarmoem script, then loop mounting the image to swap the boot.ini for the working one from the Manjaro thread (albeit without the accidental line break).

When I go through petitboot though, I have to use 'e' to manually change the boot argument as the root device name is incorrect - it is "mccblk0p2" when it should be "mccblk1p2" - and even the correct device name is shown in the Device: section above..

After I edit I then select to boot, I wait a short time then I get to the Manjaro setup script.

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:13 pm

mxmilkb wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 am
Where does petitboot get ${devno} from?
devno comes from Petitboot, let me look into this if it could cause a bug.
For the root device node in boot.ini, can you try to use root=UUID=<UUID/OF/YOUR/ROOT/PARTITION> instead of root=/dev/mmcblk${devno}p2?
These users thanked the author tobetter for the post:
mxmilkb (Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 pm)

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:57 am

Hi, @tobetter
Turkey in 5 my friend, I have recommended and bought N2.
two of my friends have 4K Toshiba tv, 2 of my friends do not work at petitboot in N2.
The 20191127 version is constantly restarting.
201907-RC1 version display remains black.
What should I do?

no problem with other TVs, petitboot works well. They have 4K but no other brand

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:10 am

istanbulls wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:57 am
Hi, @tobetter
two of my friends have 4K Toshiba tv, 2 of my friends do not work at petitboot in N2.
What should I do?

no problem with other TVs, petitboot works well. They have 4K but no other brand
Thank you for recommending ODROID-N2 to your friends. :)

Are you able to reach the command shell in Petitboot using a UART debugging port or with any working display? If you can, please try to change the default display resolution with this command, for example 720p60hz for 1280x720. You can also try other resolutions as well like 640x480p60hz, 1080p30hz or 216030hz for 4K.

Code: Select all

# spimmc.sh
# fw_setenv hdmimode 720p60hz
You can run fw_printenv | grep hdmimode to check the current value when Petitboot is running.
If it does not work, let me know the exact TV model.

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:18 am

Thanks for the quick response.
They don't have uart.
they can't do it more novice than me.
I help all my friends. I'm already a beginner for software. my friends are more beginner than me.

A friend of mine also tried a smaller led TV and it works but 4K toshiba doesn't work either.

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 am

istanbulls wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:18 am
They don't have uart.
I help all my friends. I'm already a beginner for software. my friends are more beginner than me.

A friend of mine also tried a smaller led TV and it works but 4K toshiba doesn't work either.
If you have a chance to boot Hardkernel's U-boot or Android, try to boot them without Petitboot while Toshiba TV is connected. It will drop two files display.bin and edid.bin in the 1st partition. Please share the files to me, I will ask my workmate to find out a clue.

IgaBiva
languages_spoken: english, deutsch, srpski

Unread post by IgaBiva » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Sholander wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:08 pm
It's different in my case.

As you wrote above: Like Power up -> Petitboot menu -> Reset -> Petitboot menu -> Select -> Target OS

The same menu appears twice and both times it last a couple of seconds (I set 2" wait time) and both times on the bottom of the screen the massage is the same - Performing KEXEC Reboot (or something like that) and after that the selected OS starts.

When in Petitboot I disable Autostart and manually select OS, then it boots (normally) directly to that selection without repeating/rebooting to Petitboot screen.
I have very similar problem:

Power up -> Petitboot menu (normal) -> Select -> Reset -> Petitboot menu (very small font) -> Start of Target OS

Problem started when I installed Android 64bit on SD card. Before that, everything was working fine.

Is there any solution for this?

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 pm

Hello, @tobetter

viewtopic.php?p=277760#p277760

Do you think that the solution you propose in another topic would help me?
tobetter wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:27 pm

1. Do "Exit to shell"
2. Run these commands to set the display resolution and save.

# spimmc.sh
3. Press "Ctrl-Alt-Del" to reboot

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:55 am

istanbulls wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 pm
Hello, @tobetter

viewtopic.php?p=277760#p277760

Do you think that the solution you propose in another topic would help me?
tobetter wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:27 pm

1. Do "Exit to shell"
2. Run these commands to set the display resolution and save.

# spimmc.sh
3. Press "Ctrl-Alt-Del" to reboot
I tried that.
It doesn't work, it fails.

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 am

tobetter wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 am
istanbulls wrote:
They don't have uart.

If you have a chance to boot Hardkernel's U-boot or Android, try to boot them without Petitboot while Toshiba TV is connected. It will drop two files display.bin and edid.bin in the 1st partition. Please share the files to me, I will ask my workmate to find out a clue.
I tried to boot without Petitboot.
I'm on the Ubuntu Mate desktop

Section 1, where?
Can section 1 be the boot partition?

I can't see two files named display.bin and edid.bin.

Same on Android
1st part is VFAT and I don't have two files named display.bin and edid.bin inside, I can't find it.

I think I know what you mean. Sorry.

can you share it with me, support spiboot.img 2160p50hz

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:17 am

istanbulls wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 am
tobetter wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 am
istanbulls wrote:
They don't have uart.

I tried to boot without Petitboot.
I'm on the Ubuntu Mate desktop

Section 1, where?
Can section 1 be the boot partition?

I can't see two files named display.bin and edid.bin.

Same on Android
1st part is VFAT and I don't have two files named display.bin and edid.bin inside, I can't find it.

I think I know what you mean. Sorry.
I think you have set false to display_autodetect in boot.ini, please switch to true it will drop the files.
can you share it with me, support spiboot.img 2160p50hz
What do you mean? 2160p50hz is already supporting by Kernel.

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:30 am

IgaBiva wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Sholander wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:08 pm
It's different in my case.

As you wrote above: Like Power up -> Petitboot menu -> Reset -> Petitboot menu -> Select -> Target OS

The same menu appears twice and both times it last a couple of seconds (I set 2" wait time) and both times on the bottom of the screen the massage is the same - Performing KEXEC Reboot (or something like that) and after that the selected OS starts.

When in Petitboot I disable Autostart and manually select OS, then it boots (normally) directly to that selection without repeating/rebooting to Petitboot screen.
I have very similar problem:

Power up -> Petitboot menu (normal) -> Select -> Reset -> Petitboot menu (very small font) -> Start of Target OS

Problem started when I installed Android 64bit on SD card. Before that, everything was working fine.

Is there any solution for this?
Do you see that time out count is running at the bottom line when you think Petitboot is reset and Petitboot menu appears at the second time? This could be just showing a screen that is drawn by the first Petitboot menu nad comes back when starting the target OS since the display buffer is not cleared.

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:05 am

tobetter wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:17 am

I think you have set false to display_autodetect in boot.ini, please switch to true it will drop the files.
(setenv display_autodetect "true") I replaced it with (setenv display_autodetect "false")

petitboot does not restart anymore. but it remains on the black screen.
Blue LED, fast heartbeat.

pepeEL
ODROIDs: Odroid N2

Unread post by pepeEL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi
I am new user and i want buy Odroid -N2. But if i flash this image firts petiboot , then i can boot my device from USB like SSD with operating system HASSOS (Hassio with Home Assistant) ?
https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/releases

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Unread post by mad_ady » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 pm

pepeEL wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:08 pm
Hi
I am new user and i want buy Odroid -N2. But if i flash this image firts petiboot , then i can boot my device from USB like SSD with operating system HASSOS (Hassio with Home Assistant) ?
https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/releases
In theory yes, but Hassio boot with petitboot hasn't been tested yet. Even if it doesn't work at first, I'm sure it could be made to work.

pepeEL

Unread post by pepeEL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:22 pm

But please can you test it if you have Odroid N2 ? Or anybody ?

And is any chance to back to factory default bootloader ?

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Sadly my N2 is moved to production. Maybe if I get some time next week I can try it out, but no promises. :)
You know, you can install ubuntu minimal and install HassIO via docker on top of it, right? For the end user (with the exception of ssh management) it works the same way.

pepeEL

Unread post by pepeEL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:59 pm

Yes ...if you can please... But i recomended more HASSOS on SSD.

Tell me Odroid N2 is more efficient and faster than Raspberry Pi4 ?

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Tell me Odroid N2 is more efficient and faster than Raspberry Pi4 ?
I'd say yes, but I'm biased, and haven't played with a RPI4. But for "server" workloads the N2 is a better choice IMHO.

pepeEL

Unread post by pepeEL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:44 pm

For Home Assistant good point is to read fast data from fatabase....

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:11 pm

mad_ady wrote:Sadly my N2 is moved to production.
What are you using for a media center now?

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Odroid among friends using N2, we have created a small group telegram in Turkey.
I am the most experienced user of the group.
8 of us now, but this number will increase, but petitboot 4k tv s have problems and people hesitate.

I'm 64 gb. I installed three os on micro sd card (Ubuntu Mate, Armbian and CoreElec)
My friends want to use the same system. but friends with 4K tv si can not use petitbootu.
My advice is that my friends who bought the Odroid N2 are angry with me :)

Please help petitboot issue for 4k TVs.

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:48 pm

istanbulls wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:33 pm
Odroid among friends using N2, we have created a small group telegram in Turkey.
I am the most experienced user of the group.
8 of us now, but this number will increase, but petitboot 4k tv s have problems and people hesitate.

I'm 64 gb. I installed three os on micro sd card (Ubuntu Mate, Armbian and CoreElec)
My friends want to use the same system. but friends with 4K tv si can not use petitbootu.
My advice is that my friends who bought the Odroid N2 are angry with me :)

Please help petitboot issue for 4k TVs.
In order to help you, please provide the model of Toshiba TV and display.bin as well as edid.bin. This is the 3rd request if I remember correctly. :)

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Yes, you are right.
but I couldn't figure out how to do that.
how should I do? I searched on google but couldn't find a correct instruction.
I'm sorry for that, often asking you novice questions.
but I'm a beginner, maybe very easy but how?

edit:
One Toshiba 4K 2160p60hz
A Grundig 4K 2160p6ohz
These TVs are madein Turkey
Last edited by istanbulls on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odroidn2user

Unread post by odroidn2user » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:01 pm

I found that when the screen stays black after starting the OS with the petitboot: simply turning the monitor off and turning the monitor on again sometimes helps. It seems to reset the TV/HDMI connection or something and then there is a picture. Something to try.

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 pm

odroidn2user wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:01 pm
I found that when the screen stays black after starting the OS with the petitboot: simply turning the monitor off and turning the monitor on again sometimes helps. It seems to reset the TV/HDMI connection or something and then there is a picture. Something to try.
Thanks, I have one patch from @joy, recently she made a patch to disable HPD with boot option and I am testing with Petitboot if it can help.

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 pm

istanbulls wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:59 pm
Yes, you are right.
but I couldn't figure out how to do that.
how should I do? I searched on google but couldn't find a correct instruction.
I'm sorry for that, often asking you novice questions.
but I'm a beginner, maybe very easy but how?

edit:
One Toshiba 4K 2160p60hz
A Grundig 4K 2160p6ohz
These TVs are madein Turkey
Quick question, I've read your posts a couple of time again...but I am not clear about the problem
Is the problem that A. your friends cannot see the boot entry of Petitboot or B. they can see the boot entry and can select an OS but OS does not come to TV?

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:45 pm

What are you using for a media center now?
Offtopic, but I'm using the N2 as a ATV to replace a C2. I'm still tinkering with it (adding temperature sensors and hopefully docker support), but it's now at home and can't tinker with it that much :)
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
rooted (Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:51 pm)

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:46 pm

tobetter wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Quick question, I've read your posts a couple of time again...but I am not clear about the problem
Is the problem that A. your friends cannot see the boot entry of Petitboot or B. they can see the boot entry and can select an OS but OS does not come to TV?
petboboot comes to tv screen.
options.
nolabel or android or coreelec. we see them altogether.
for example: We came to NOLABEL and we chose.
After 5-6 seconds, the petitboot restarts and the petitboot selection screen appears again.

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:47 pm

istanbulls wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:46 pm
tobetter wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 pm

petboboot comes to tv screen.
options.
nolabel or android or coreelec. we see them altogether.
for example: We came to NOLABEL and we chose.
After 5-6 seconds, the petitboot restarts and the petitboot selection screen appears again.
So is the problem that Petitboot does not start the target OS or target OS does not show up to TV?

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:51 pm

istanbulls wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:57 am
Hi, @tobetter
What should I do?

The 20191127 version is constantly restarting:
On the screen we see petitboot and options. OS does not start when we make a selection. Petitboot does restart. Repeat petitboot and options. this repeats.

201907-RC1 version display remains black:
On the screen we see petitboot and options. OS does not start when we make a selection. Remains on the black screen.

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:52 pm

tobetter wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:47 pm

So is the problem that Petitboot does not start the target OS or target OS does not show up to TV?
Yes, this is our problem

tobetter

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 pm

istanbulls wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:52 pm
tobetter wrote:

Yes, this is our problem
So the problem is that Petitboot cannot start target OS and it's not the display issue at all. Am I right?
When the Petitboot menu comes the second time after you select the OS from boot entry, are you able to select an OS again or everything is stuck?

EDIT:
Can you please record the situation what's happening with your TV?
Also with the same ODROID-N2, does it work with 1080P TV without an issue?
Last edited by tobetter on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:54 pm

istanbulls wrote:
tobetter wrote:

Yes, this is our problem
Which is it?

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:08 pm

We see Petitboot, no problem.
we can choose, no problem.
Problem: The operating system we selected does not start.
The same N2 on another 1080p television. The operating system selected in Petitboot starts.

On 4K TV: When we make a selection Petitboot is restarted and we see petitboot on the screen again. we select the operating system again and start again. it always repeats like this. Yeah, we can make every choice. does restart again.
These users thanked the author istanbulls for the post:
rooted (Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:35 pm)

istanbulls

Unread post by istanbulls » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:11 pm

tobetter wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 pm

EDIT:
Can you please record the situation what's happening with your TV?
Tonight I will make a video of the problem. To better understand what it is!

Return to “Projects”