[ROM ATV][LineageOS 16.0][Android 9.0][voodik] for the ODROID-N2

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by voodik » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:16 am

Sholander wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:05 am
voodik wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:11 am
:ugeek:
I published first 64 bit selfinstall image (to avoid some issues please make clean instalation)

You can find latest version here

Code: Select all

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/S922X/ODROID-N2/Android/lineage-16.0-64-ATV/
Installed it today, and it suits me more than @secuflag 64 bit ATV version. Use ATV version only for one "IPTV to GO" app (from my ISP) and one game.
Both work perfectly...

You are probably aware that static IP does not work (setting cannot be saved) and that "Play Store" app updates automatically to a new version that does not work any more. Have seen that @secuflag has sorted these two things on his version, so I guess that you'll also have a new fixed version...

Thanx for this great ROM and all work you have done that make me a happy user :D
You can set Static ip in - Settings > Network & Internet > IP Settings
Gogle Movies and Google Music apps automatically updating to not ATV version, so you can find them in App Drawer.
For now solution just uninstall updates.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Sholander
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by Sholander » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:31 am

voodik wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:16 am

You are probably aware that static IP does not work (setting cannot be saved) and that "Play Store" app updates automatically to a new version that does not work any more. Have seen that @secuflag has sorted these two things on his version, so I guess that you'll also have a new fixed version...
You can set Static ip in - Settings > Network & Internet > IP Settings
Gogle Movies and Google Music apps automatically updating to not ATV version, so you can find them in App Drawer.
For now solution just uninstall updates.
[/quote]

I tried to set Static IP using that option, but there I cannot move from first setting line - box IP address. Pressing Next to get to next setting does nothing. Since it's not a deal breaker did not spent time to investigate further...
Regarding Google Movies and Google Music, I don't use those nor care about them. I noticed that Google Play Store app does not work after reboot, and for it there is no option to uninstall update, or I did not see it. To get it working with old (installed) version I just deleted it's data and cache.

Edit: Sorted Static IP, just had to install Android TV Keyboard to be able to move to next option and to finish setup. Static IP works now OK.

JusticeHK
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:42 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by JusticeHK » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Thank you for this ROM. I tried @secuflag version and it was not registering all the buttons on my keyboard, but this ROM does. It also seems to have a bit more out-of-the-box functionality and looks a bit better! :) (@secuflag is still doing fantastic work, just wasn't the choice for me atm.)

I am, however, having an issue with the WiFi. I am using the ASUS USB-AC56 (which is based on the RTL8812AU chipset) but the ROM is not even allowing me to turn the WiFi on. I have tried rebooting and doing a hard reset with the WiFi adapter plugged in and I'm still not able to turn on the WiFi.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by voodik » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:19 pm

JusticeHK wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Thank you for this ROM. I tried @secuflag version and it was not registering all the buttons on my keyboard, but this ROM does. It also seems to have a bit more out-of-the-box functionality and looks a bit better! :) (@secuflag is still doing fantastic work, just wasn't the choice for me atm.)

I am, however, having an issue with the WiFi. I am using the ASUS USB-AC56 (which is based on the RTL8812AU chipset) but the ROM is not even allowing me to turn the WiFi on. I have tried rebooting and doing a hard reset with the WiFi adapter plugged in and I'm still not able to turn on the WiFi.
Can you post VID/PID of your Wifi dongle ?
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

JusticeHK
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:42 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by JusticeHK » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:28 pm

voodik wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:19 pm
JusticeHK wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Thank you for this ROM. I tried @secuflag version and it was not registering all the buttons on my keyboard, but this ROM does. It also seems to have a bit more out-of-the-box functionality and looks a bit better! :) (@secuflag is still doing fantastic work, just wasn't the choice for me atm.)

I am, however, having an issue with the WiFi. I am using the ASUS USB-AC56 (which is based on the RTL8812AU chipset) but the ROM is not even allowing me to turn the WiFi on. I have tried rebooting and doing a hard reset with the WiFi adapter plugged in and I'm still not able to turn on the WiFi.
Can you post VID/PID of your Wifi dongle ?
VID: 0B05
PID: 17D2

Device Stack
\Driver\vwifibus
\Driver\RtlWlanu
\Driver\usbhub

I noticed when I plugged it in Win10 to get all the information, there was also a bright blue 'X' that was lit up on the adapter that was not present when I plugged it into the ODROID N2.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by voodik » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:52 am

JusticeHK wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:28 pm
voodik wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:19 pm
JusticeHK wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Thank you for this ROM. I tried @secuflag version and it was not registering all the buttons on my keyboard, but this ROM does. It also seems to have a bit more out-of-the-box functionality and looks a bit better! :) (@secuflag is still doing fantastic work, just wasn't the choice for me atm.)

I am, however, having an issue with the WiFi. I am using the ASUS USB-AC56 (which is based on the RTL8812AU chipset) but the ROM is not even allowing me to turn the WiFi on. I have tried rebooting and doing a hard reset with the WiFi adapter plugged in and I'm still not able to turn on the WiFi.
Can you post VID/PID of your Wifi dongle ?
VID: 0B05
PID: 17D2

Device Stack
\Driver\vwifibus
\Driver\RtlWlanu
\Driver\usbhub

I noticed when I plugged it in Win10 to get all the information, there was also a bright blue 'X' that was lit up on the adapter that was not present when I plugged it into the ODROID N2.
Please apply this update.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DxLum ... tXRkwVIgQQ
Download it to odroid internal storage(/sdcard), open OdroidSettings > Update > From downloaded package > Select wifi_id_list_update_signed.zip
System will restart to recovery for update.
These users thanked the author voodik for the post:
JusticeHK (Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:20 am)
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rmiino
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2

Post by Rmiino » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:38 pm

voodik wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 am
khengling wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm
Thanks Voodik for the ROM!
So far, it is working great in my N2.

Voodik, you mentioned tvheadend in the extras.

What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server in Android TV?
I am using USB DVB-T2 tuner (Astrometa brand).
Can you check is your tuner work on Linux ?
What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server with Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 8 2018 (DVB-S/S2/S2X) ?

https://shop.sundtek.de/Digital-TV-Tune ... 2-S2X.html

Driver for Linux >> http://sundtek.com/media/

JusticeHK
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:42 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by JusticeHK » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:33 pm

voodik wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:52 am
JusticeHK wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:28 pm
voodik wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:19 pm
JusticeHK wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Thank you for this ROM. I tried @secuflag version and it was not registering all the buttons on my keyboard, but this ROM does. It also seems to have a bit more out-of-the-box functionality and looks a bit better! :) (@secuflag is still doing fantastic work, just wasn't the choice for me atm.)

I am, however, having an issue with the WiFi. I am using the ASUS USB-AC56 (which is based on the RTL8812AU chipset) but the ROM is not even allowing me to turn the WiFi on. I have tried rebooting and doing a hard reset with the WiFi adapter plugged in and I'm still not able to turn on the WiFi.
Can you post VID/PID of your Wifi dongle ?
VID: 0B05
PID: 17D2

Device Stack
\Driver\vwifibus
\Driver\RtlWlanu
\Driver\usbhub

I noticed when I plugged it in Win10 to get all the information, there was also a bright blue 'X' that was lit up on the adapter that was not present when I plugged it into the ODROID N2.
Please apply this update.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DxLum ... tXRkwVIgQQ
Download it to odroid internal storage(/sdcard), open OdroidSettings > Update > From downloaded package > Select wifi_id_list_update_signed.zip
System will restart to recovery for update.
I'm using eMMC, so not exactly sure where I should place it. Don't see /sdcard directory. Picture is taken from a VM running Kubuntu 18.04.3 FWIW - I'm running Win10 as my main machine.

Image

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2

Post by voodik » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Rmiino wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:38 pm
voodik wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 am
khengling wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm
Thanks Voodik for the ROM!
So far, it is working great in my N2.

Voodik, you mentioned tvheadend in the extras.

What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server in Android TV?
I am using USB DVB-T2 tuner (Astrometa brand).
Can you check is your tuner work on Linux ?
What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server with Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 8 2018 (DVB-S/S2/S2X) ?

https://shop.sundtek.de/Digital-TV-Tune ... 2-S2X.html

Driver for Linux >> http://sundtek.com/media/
No open source driver, so you need use Linux
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

JusticeHK
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:42 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by JusticeHK » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:32 am

JusticeHK wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:33 pm

I'm using eMMC, so not exactly sure where I should place it. Don't see /sdcard directory. Picture is taken from a VM running Kubuntu 18.04.3 FWIW - I'm running Win10 as my main machine.

Image
After much difficulty, I figured out that I needed to put it inside the /media/user/emmc/media/0/ directory.

I have installed both GBoard and Android TV Keyboard to connect to the WiFi network with no success. The only keyboard that even allows me to select "Next" is the default 'Leanback' keyboard.

JAN. 1, 2020 UPDATE:
Figured it out. For other users who may be stuck on this, when using the Android TV Keyboard, it didn't initially load on the screen for me. When I pressed 'Enter' on my USB keyboard a couple times, it toggled the 'show/hide password' box, which ended up prompting the keyboard to appear and I was able to connect to my network.

I'm not sure why it operates like that, but everything seems to be functioning relatively well. Some little bugs/quirks here and there, but I'm sure will be smoothed out as time goes on. Thank you @vookdik for the help!
Last edited by JusticeHK on Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Hey voodik!
I've installed Linux Deploy on top of ATV and it runs fine. I'd like to enable onewire support (namely CONFIG_W1=y, CONFIG_W1_MASTER_GPIO=y, CONFIG_W1_SLAVE_THERM=y), which is currently disabled in your kernel, so that I can move a temperature sensor to the N2 instead of a C2.
Could you enable those features in your next version by default, and in the mean-time could you point me to the kernel build and flashing guide? I'm not familiar with android development.
Thanks!

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:49 am

One more thing - I'm using my samsung tv remote for ATV navigation via CEC. I can't find a button that works as "Home" so I tried Button Mapper (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tton&hl=en), but it doesn't see keys sent via CEC (e.g. 0-9, A, B, C, D are sent via CEC, as tested under linux, but Button Mapper doesn't react to them). Is there a way/app that would allow me to map some of the buttons to some android actions?

binhex
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:54 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by binhex » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:17 am

can anybody who has this running via petitboot from micro sd card please tell me what make and model of card they are using, as im struggling to get this rom detected as a bootable device from p etitboot when written to samsung evo 64GB micro sd, from what ive read i think the card is probably the issue, so it would be nice to know what cards do work, cheers.

Sholander
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by Sholander » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:41 am

Samsung Evo cards are the issue - viewtopic.php?p=276128#p276128

I use 2 Sandisk 32GB HC1 cards (Red/Gold and White/Gray) and TDK 16GB HC1 without any issue. On them I used various Android/LOS versions as well as CoreElec. Never had any problem booting via Petitboot.
These users thanked the author Sholander for the post:
binhex (Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:32 pm)

User avatar
istanbulls
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm
languages_spoken: Turkish
ODROIDs: ODROID N2
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by istanbulls » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:51 pm

binhex wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:17 am
can anybody who has this running via petitboot from micro sd card please tell me what make and model of card they are using, as im struggling to get this rom detected as a bootable device from p etitboot when written to samsung evo 64GB micro sd, from what ive read i think the card is probably the issue, so it would be nice to know what cards do work, cheers.
I have installed samsung evo 64GB micro sd Linux and petitboot did not work.
Launch petitboot.
exit the shell, enter
ctrl + del
Try now, it should work.

minoccio
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm
languages_spoken: Italian
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by minoccio » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Installed 64 bit version, and Amazon prime video doesn't work: whatever video I click, it doesn't play. No problem on Lineage OS not-ATV (though only not HD video)

DaddyMacCadillac
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:26 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by DaddyMacCadillac » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:39 pm

@voodik, can you please share your manifest for making this build? It looks great!

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 7741
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 718 times
Been thanked: 206 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by rooted » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 pm

mad_ady wrote:One more thing - I'm using my samsung tv remote for ATV navigation via CEC. I can't find a button that works as "Home" so I tried Button Mapper (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tton&hl=en), but it doesn't see keys sent via CEC (e.g. 0-9, A, B, C, D are sent via CEC, as tested under linux, but Button Mapper doesn't react to them). Is there a way/app that would allow me to map some of the buttons to some android actions?
You should be able to map the keys via IR, then Button Mapper will respond.

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:42 pm

rooted wrote:
mad_ady wrote:One more thing - I'm using my samsung tv remote for ATV navigation via CEC. I can't find a button that works as "Home" so I tried Button Mapper (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tton&hl=en), but it doesn't see keys sent via CEC (e.g. 0-9, A, B, C, D are sent via CEC, as tested under linux, but Button Mapper doesn't react to them). Is there a way/app that would allow me to map some of the buttons to some android actions?
You should be able to map the keys via IR, then Button Mapper will respond.
I thought of that but my N2 is behind the TV so IR will not reach it directly. Was hoping for a way to use them via cec.

spinne26@web.de
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by spinne26@web.de » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:24 am

Hello, I come from Germany and use your Rome and I am very satisfied. The only thing that doesn't work for me: display mode is not automatic. I set automatic, N2 restarts and is again set to 4k 30p. What can I do?
My English is not good!

ickam
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by ickam » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:48 am

Slightly offtopic, I wish someone made a build like that for C2. I'm using a C2 with official android, but I can't get rid of "Are you still there" on Netflix with a remote / Harmony hub. I'm pretty sure ATV would allow that.

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 am

Perhaps you can bind a button on your remote to send a tap at (x,y) coordinates to let them know you're there... :)

ickam
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by ickam » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:23 pm

mad_ady wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 am
Perhaps you can bind a button on your remote to send a tap at (x,y) coordinates to let them know you're there... :)
Doing it with a remote doesn't work on official c2 Android. It requires enter or space on a keyboard or a mouse click on the button. Can I map any of these to an ok button on a remote? If so, with what app?

sundtek
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:35 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2

Post by sundtek » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:43 am

voodik wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 pm
Rmiino wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:38 pm
voodik wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 am
khengling wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm
Thanks Voodik for the ROM!
So far, it is working great in my N2.

Voodik, you mentioned tvheadend in the extras.

What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server in Android TV?
I am using USB DVB-T2 tuner (Astrometa brand).
Can you check is your tuner work on Linux ?
What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server with Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 8 2018 (DVB-S/S2/S2X) ?

https://shop.sundtek.de/Digital-TV-Tune ... 2-S2X.html

Driver for Linux >> http://sundtek.com/media/
No open source driver, so you need use Linux
We have android drivers for it (no root required, only USB access is needed).
Aside of that we have released dual DVB-S/S2/S2X USB Tuners recently, they can be obtained from www.namatek.com.tw
These users thanked the author sundtek for the post (total 3):
voodik (Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:45 pm) • Rmiino (Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 pm) • rooted (Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 am)

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 7741
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 718 times
Been thanked: 206 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2

Post by rooted » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 am

sundtek wrote:
voodik wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 pm
Rmiino wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:38 pm
voodik wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 am
khengling wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm
Thanks Voodik for the ROM!
So far, it is working great in my N2.

Voodik, you mentioned tvheadend in the extras.

What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server in Android TV?
I am using USB DVB-T2 tuner (Astrometa brand).
Can you check is your tuner work on Linux ?
What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server with Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 8 2018 (DVB-S/S2/S2X) ?

https://shop.sundtek.de/Digital-TV-Tune ... 2-S2X.html

Driver for Linux >> http://sundtek.com/media/
No open source driver, so you need use Linux
We have android drivers for it (no root required, only USB access is needed).
Aside of that we have released dual DVB-S/S2/S2X USB Tuners recently, they can be obtained from www.namatek.com.tw
What about ATSC based tuner for use with Tvheadend?

Rmiino
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 3:49 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2

Post by Rmiino » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:13 pm

sundtek wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:43 am
voodik wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 pm
Rmiino wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:38 pm
voodik wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:15 am
khengling wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm
Thanks Voodik for the ROM!
So far, it is working great in my N2.

Voodik, you mentioned tvheadend in the extras.

What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server in Android TV?
I am using USB DVB-T2 tuner (Astrometa brand).
Can you check is your tuner work on Linux ?
What should I do in order to run the tvheadend server with Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 8 2018 (DVB-S/S2/S2X) ?

https://shop.sundtek.de/Digital-TV-Tune ... 2-S2X.html

Driver for Linux >> http://sundtek.com/media/
No open source driver, so you need use Linux
We have android drivers for it (no root required, only USB access is needed).
Aside of that we have released dual DVB-S/S2/S2X USB Tuners recently, they can be obtained from www.namatek.com.tw
I has tried install linux driver on fedora with termux.
Tvheadend found Sundtek set-ip tuner. When scan mux is lost single.
I hope Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 8 driver support next build version. :D :D

faldroid
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:29 am
languages_spoken: french
ODROIDs: odroid N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by faldroid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:33 am

hello voodik
thanks for your work and sharing, your rom is really great.
only downside I have to use it with an rj45 cable because my wifi chipset is not functional.
impossible to operate a TP-Link 8812au wifi dongle (Archer T2U Nano AC600), I tried to install your 8812au update but the vid: 2357 / pid: 011e is not supported.
what do you think and also would you have a solution?

Vesyrak
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2, N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by Vesyrak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:51 am

Thanks for the rom!

However, I can't seem to be able to exit the google play store once I enter it: pressing the back button just brings me to the top of the play store.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:44 am

Vesyrak wrote:Thanks for the rom!

However, I can't seem to be able to exit the google play store once I enter it: pressing the back button just brings me to the top of the play store.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Happens to me too while using CEC. I couldn't find a way to map any cec keys to Home or some other actions.

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 7741
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 718 times
Been thanked: 206 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by rooted » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:12 am

mad_ady wrote:
Vesyrak wrote:Thanks for the rom!

However, I can't seem to be able to exit the google play store once I enter it: pressing the back button just brings me to the top of the play store.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Happens to me too while using CEC. I couldn't find a way to map any cec keys to Home or some other actions.
Button Mapper should be able to help unless it won't register the buttons, it does on my TV remote.

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Unfortunatelly it doesn't see the CEC events as buttons...

marcavatar
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:24 am
languages_spoken: italian
ODROIDs: Odroid C1+
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by marcavatar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:38 am

Hi, how do I install apk that I have on a stick, can I put them in some folder where I installed Android or can I install directly from USB?

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by voodik » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:04 am

You can use file manager to install it.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

auPilot
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by auPilot » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi voodik.
Thanks for you great job.

I have some questions about this ROM.

How to configure IR remote ?
I put remote.conf (fully worked in other Android system) to /system/etc/ but remote control don't worked.

In logs, after pressing any buttons on IR remote, always present errors like:
meson-remote ff808040.meson-remote: invalid custom
meson-remote ff808040.meson-remote: cur_custom is nulll
meson-remote ff808040.meson-remote: no valid key to handle

Also does not work Settings->Remote & Accessories (returned to main screen after select this option).

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by voodik » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:03 pm

auPilot wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:58 pm
Hi voodik.
Thanks for you great job.

I have some questions about this ROM.

How to configure IR remote ?
I put remote.conf (fully worked in other Android system) to /system/etc/ but remote control don't worked.

In logs, after pressing any buttons on IR remote, always present errors like:
meson-remote ff808040.meson-remote: invalid custom
meson-remote ff808040.meson-remote: cur_custom is nulll
meson-remote ff808040.meson-remote: no valid key to handle

Also does not work Settings->Remote & Accessories (returned to main screen after select this option).
Remote config files are located in /vendor/etc/ folder.
You can enable debug in remote.cfg, then check logs for your custom_code
After edit e.g. remote.tab4 file and set your custom code and key codes which also you can find in logs.
These users thanked the author voodik for the post (total 2):
auPilot (Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:22 am) • baalho (Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:30 pm)
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

auPilot
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by auPilot » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:42 am

Thank you. It works now.
These users thanked the author auPilot for the post:
voodik (Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 am)

joejjeman
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:17 pm
languages_spoken: english,swedish
ODROIDs: Odroid C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by joejjeman » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:57 pm

cant get viaplay to work, told me "this tv is not validated" or someting similar.. is there workaround for things like this?

minoccio
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm
languages_spoken: Italian
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by minoccio » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 pm

I can't get Amazon Prime Video to work in Lineage OS ATV neither in AOSP ATV. No problem in "normal" Lineage OS (but only SD video)

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by voodik » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:08 pm

minoccio wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 pm
I can't get Amazon Prime Video to work in Lineage OS ATV neither in AOSP ATV. No problem in "normal" Lineage OS (but only SD video)
For HD videos or ATV version of amazon prime/netflix DRM required. Which is not available on dev boards with unlocked bootloaders.
These users thanked the author voodik for the post:
minoccio (Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:43 pm)
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Sav
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by Sav » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:13 pm

The only way to get HD videos is to use kodi + addons


Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

auPilot
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by auPilot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi voodik.

Do you have plans to release updates for ATV version ?
Possible to disable ADB via network by default ? Currently is enabled after each restart.

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 am

I like having network adb on. I've integrated it into home assistant so I can manage ATV from HA

auPilot
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by auPilot » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:35 am

Android Studio (running on another device) always found this ATV and set it to default for debug/run app.
Also it change some app settings in Android Studio :( Is not good for me. I'm always forget what adb is On. :(
May be possible store last setting and not activate after reboot if it turned off...

Sav
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by Sav » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:11 am

mad_ady wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 am
I like having network adb on. I've integrated it into home assistant so I can manage ATV from HA
I hope one day you'll post the setup of your home automation. I'm very curious.

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:22 am

Sure thing, but it's not done yet due to lack of time...

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 216 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by voodik » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:37 am

auPilot wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm
Hi voodik.

Do you have plans to release updates for ATV version ?
Possible to disable ADB via network by default ? Currently is enabled after each restart.
Just edit /vendor/build.prop
delete or comment

Code: Select all

service.adb.tcp.port=5555
These users thanked the author voodik for the post:
auPilot (Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:49 am)
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

auPilot
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by auPilot » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:49 am

Cool !
Thank you very much. :)

roterdrachen
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:32 pm
languages_spoken: english deutsch
ODROIDs: N2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by roterdrachen » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi, my TV isn´t really recognized. I have a 4K Sony TV. In Kodi only 1080 Display is avaiable, display button grey, can´t change resolution to anything other in Kodi. In Emby also autoresolution / autoframerate is checked but it doesn´t work. I always have a 4K 3840x2160 screen, no downscaling or anything. In the N2 Settings I have changed HDMI to HDMI self-adaption: totle mode. But it still doesn´t work. How can I fix this?
Attachments
image005b.jpg
image005b.jpg (432.43 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (316.53 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (230.1 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
image003.jpg
image003.jpg (226.56 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
image004.jpg
image004.jpg (290.13 KiB) Viewed 2980 times

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 8126
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by mad_ady » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Sav wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:11 am
mad_ady wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 am
I like having network adb on. I've integrated it into home assistant so I can manage ATV from HA
I hope one day you'll post the setup of your home automation. I'm very curious.
Here it is. It's incomplete, but it should get you going:
http://adrianpopagh.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... v-fun.html

Tested with both voodik's ATV and an ATV TV.

Sav
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: [ROM ATV] LineageOS-16.0 Android TV for ODROID-N2 64 bit

Post by Sav » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:09 am

mad_ady wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm
Sav wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:11 am
mad_ady wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 am
I like having network adb on. I've integrated it into home assistant so I can manage ATV from HA
I hope one day you'll post the setup of your home automation. I'm very curious.
Here it is. It's incomplete, but it should get you going:
http://adrianpopagh.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... v-fun.html

Tested with both voodik's ATV and an ATV TV.
If I stand correct, you created a time window for your kids in which they can watch tv. Right?
Also the virtual remote is wonderfull.
Good job.

Post Reply

Return to “Android”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest