How can use the Hardkernel supplied IR remote control with Clodshell-2 and few queries

mangaldasan
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-XU4;CouldShell-2;Odroid-N2-4Gb Corelec Version
Been thanked: 0

How can use the Hardkernel supplied IR remote control with Clodshell-2 and few queries

Unread post by mangaldasan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi Team,
I am setting up my Coudshell-2 as the UBUNTU NAS Box as well the Media Center. (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.14.157-171 armv7l)) Also UBUNTU MATE is running for Desktop purposes.
I am not setting up the all the NAS services mentioned in the Cloudshell-2 Wiki Documents.
I have tailor made and choose the options I want. So far so good. All the Wiki documents helped me a lot.
Moreover @AreaScout's "viewtopic.php?p=274220#p274220" this post also helped me a lot.
There area few small issues which I need help.
1.I have installed lirc package instructions in the Wiki to use remote control. I do have Hardkernel supplied Remote Controller. With this Remote Controller, Can I switch ON the Cloudshell-2?
2.How do I make sure my HDMI CEC is configured?
3.When I use FireFox browser with Ubuntu Mate, the Youtube video is not playing wheras youtube is perfectly working with KODI on CLI terminal session
4.@AreaScout monitoring solution is working fine. But it shows the free space status of the only one HDD whereas I have 2x2TB Seagate HDD in PM mode. Also the second HDD temperature not showing. Always zero temperature
5.How can I test my AUDIO passthrough is working in KODI for my DRM based NETFLIX contents. I have connected Clodshell-2 Media Center with my Samsung Soundbar in HDMI ARC which supports Dolby 5,1 Surround

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Re: How can use the Hardkernel supplied IR remote control with Clodshell-2 and few queries

Unread post by mad_ady » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:58 pm

1. You can't turn on the cloudshell from IR, but you can turn it off. You could turn off kodi/the display and let it run as a nas if you want to... Or I think xu4 has the ability to wake up on alarm (timer).
3. Firefox renders without acceleration. Try chromium with the h264ify extension. The kodi youtybe plugin can play video with acceleration.
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
mangaldasan (Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:33 pm)

AreaScout
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U3, XU3, C2, HiFi Shield, XU4, XU4Q,
N1, Go, VU5A, Show2, CloudShell2,
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Re: How can use the Hardkernel supplied IR remote control with Clodshell-2 and few queries

Unread post by AreaScout » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:05 pm

2.You need a special libcec to make it work, follow this instruction to build your own libcec https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/soft ... rom_source
    4.You can't view free space of both disks in PM mode and in PM mode the second disk is not part of a RAID configuration and so the RAID controller does not monitor it, there is no other way to obtain the hard disk temperature of the second disk as to use smartctl, so my tool has the best compatibility in RAID 0/1 or SPAN mode, then both temps are visible
    5.As far as I know nobody got it working except to stream the audio over network to another pulseaudio server which has capable 5.1 audio hardware underneath or is able to make pass-through.

RG
    These users thanked the author AreaScout for the post:
    mangaldasan (Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:33 pm)

mangaldasan

Unread post by mangaldasan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:32 pm

mad_ady wrote:
    Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:58 pm
    1. You can't turn on the cloudshell from IR, but you can turn it off. You could turn off kodi/the display and let it run as a nas if you want to... Or I think xu4 has the ability to wake up on alarm (timer).
    3. Firefox renders without acceleration. Try chromium with the h264ify extension. The kodi youtybe plugin can play video with acceleration.
    Thank you so much mad_ady

mangaldasan

Unread post by mangaldasan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:33 pm

AreaScout wrote:
    Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:05 pm
      2.You need a special libcec to make it work, follow this instruction to build your own libcec https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/soft ... rom_source
      4.You can't view free space of both disks in PM mode and in PM mode the second disk is not part of a RAID configuration and so the RAID controller does not monitor it, there is no other way to obtain the hard disk temperature of the second disk as to use smartctl, so my tool has the best compatibility in RAID 0/1 or SPAN mode, then both temps are visible
      5.As far as I know nobody got it working except to stream the audio over network to another pulseaudio server which has capable 5.1 audio hardware underneath or is able to make pass-through.

RG
      Thank you so much dear Area Scout

Return to “CloudShell”