Gamestation turbo - how to set it up like in the video?

ilyichzc
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4Q
Been thanked: 0

Gamestation turbo - how to set it up like in the video?

Unread post by ilyichzc » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:02 am

I bought the ODROID-xU4 with a game console kit. I expected to have a complete stable system for retro gaming but I got something strange. I installed the Gamestation turbo OS and tried to use it. But Kodi plugin for rom collection crashes very often. All time something lags and blinks when i try to launch a game from the Emulation station, coz it switches to X for1-3 seconds and it all doesn't looks nice.
I want to have same experience as in Recalbox, when you have a stable system, fast emulation switching to game and back. But recallbox too proprietary. Any customization is locked. I can't change user permissions end etc. And can't use console kit screen there. But I found a video where a man has the good experience with no lags and blinks in Gamestation turbo OS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yON8_sfEvCQ

Please, help me! What i need to do to have it?

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105)

Re: Gamestation turbo - how to set it up like in the video?

Unread post by meveric » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:46 am

I think it's similar to this if you install TheRA Image Retro Arena.
There are a couple of custom images with preloaded games on the internet as well.
These users thanked the author meveric for the post:
ilyichzc (Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:05 pm)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Return to “Other OS”