Map ir button of remote on Android?

Post Reply
lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:49 pm

I have a Minix neo remote. The power button is ir. Anyone know how to make it work in Android?

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by rooted » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:10 pm

You can find the proper code using irw:

https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/appli ... _wakeup_n2

lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:49 pm

rooted wrote:You can find the proper code using irw:

https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/appli ... _wakeup_n2
I actually want the button to work while inside Android. To reboot. The $5 ir remote I got from ameridroid does it. In the link I only saw waking it up. Or would that work as well for within Android?

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by rooted » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:07 pm

The Odroid remote will reboot when you hit power?

lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:52 pm

rooted wrote:The Odroid remote will reboot when you hit power?
In the Odroid settings in the rom you can tell it what to do when you push power. So as long as you have a working power button then yeah it will work.

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by rooted » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am

Then all you have to do is replace the code in the configuration with the power button code from the Minix remote.

lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:53 am

rooted wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am
Then all you have to do is replace the code in the configuration with the power button code from the Minix remote.
The code in what configuration?

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by rooted » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:53 pm

I don't know where the remote configuration is stored in Android, someone else will have to answer that.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 84 times
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by voodik » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:13 pm

lightsout wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:53 am
rooted wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am
Then all you have to do is replace the code in the configuration with the power button code from the Minix remote.
The code in what configuration?
set debug_enable = 1
in /vendor/etc/remote.cfg
reboot device.

Hit power key on your remote.
after this dump dmesg for logs

Code: Select all

dmesg | grep remote
Post output here, i told you what to do next.
These users thanked the author voodik for the post:
rooted (Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:29 pm)
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:12 pm

voodik wrote:
lightsout wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:53 am
rooted wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am
Then all you have to do is replace the code in the configuration with the power button code from the Minix remote.
The code in what configuration?
set debug_enable = 1
in /vendor/etc/remote.cfg
reboot device.

Hit power key on your remote.
after this dump dmesg for logs

Code: Select all

dmesg | grep remote
Post output here, i told you what to do next.
Excellent I’ll try it out later after church thanks.

lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:18 am

voodik wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:13 pm
lightsout wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:53 am
rooted wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 am
Then all you have to do is replace the code in the configuration with the power button code from the Minix remote.
The code in what configuration?
set debug_enable = 1
in /vendor/etc/remote.cfg
reboot device.

Hit power key on your remote.
after this dump dmesg for logs

Code: Select all

dmesg | grep remote
Post output here, i told you what to do next.
I am lost here, is this something that has to be done through ADB? If so I don't know how to use it.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4124
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 213 times
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by tobetter » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:24 am

@lightsout, you can use 'adb shell' from your desktop and run the command. Simply, try the command adb shell dmesg | grep remote.

lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 am

tobetter wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:24 am
@lightsout, you can use 'adb shell' from your desktop and run the command. Simply, try the command adb shell dmesg | grep remote.
This is while connected to the device over USB?

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by rooted » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:52 am

lightsout wrote:
tobetter wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:24 am
@lightsout, you can use 'adb shell' from your desktop and run the command. Simply, try the command adb shell dmesg | grep remote.
This is while connected to the device over USB?
Yes, by connecting to the micro USB OTG port.

lightsout
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Map ir button of remote on Android?

Unread post by lightsout » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 am

rooted wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:52 am
lightsout wrote:
tobetter wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:24 am
@lightsout, you can use 'adb shell' from your desktop and run the command. Simply, try the command adb shell dmesg | grep remote.
This is while connected to the device over USB?
Yes, by connecting to the micro USB OTG port.
Thanks, I'll give it a go when I get some time.

Post Reply

Return to “Android”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests