Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Viald
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Viald » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:31 pm

elatllat wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 am
Switching the minimal image to the 5.3 build as the root user looks like this;

Code: Select all

#install the best archive tool
apt install -y p7zip-full

# backup
mkdir -p ~/backup/boot
mv /media/boot/* ~/backup/boot/

# switch
7z x ~/boot.7z -o/media/boot/
7z x ~/modules.7z -o/lib/modules/

# if using a sdcard
#perl -pi -e 's/blk0/blk1/g' /media/boot/boot.ini

# apply 
sync
shutdown -r now
(Thanks to others in this thread for sharing what worked for them)
I boot from SSD. the boot.7z image looks like not compatible with petitboot. Petitboot failed to start the system.
Of course I have changed the root path in boot.ini with my PARTUUID

dtx
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by dtx » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi, maybe this is offtopic but I am confused: I was under the impression that the mainline kernel, when ready, would include GPU drivers. That doesn't seem true. However does it include the necessary DRM to run Wayland, specifically sway?

chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:36 pm

Bifrost devices require the ARM mali_kbase driver which is not upstream (or upstreamable) and requires the userspace pre-compiled mali "blob" from Amlogic; which is available in both gbm and gbm-wayland versions. At some distant future point the panfrost driver (currently Midgard only) will evolve support for Bifrost GPUs and the stupidity of blobs will go away. That's a long way off though .. don't hold your breath.

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:17 pm

chewitt wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:36 pm
Bifrost devices require the ARM mali_kbase driver which is not upstream (or upstreamable) and requires the userspace pre-compiled mali "blob" from Amlogic; which is available in both gbm and gbm-wayland versions. At some distant future point the panfrost driver (currently Midgard only) will evolve support for Bifrost GPUs and the stupidity of blobs will go away. That's a long way off though .. don't hold your breath.
From what I understand only in Android there is a full gpu support at the moment.

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Viald wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:31 pm
elatllat wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 am
Switching the minimal image to the 5.3 build as the root user looks like this;

Code: Select all

#install the best archive tool
apt install -y p7zip-full

# backup
mkdir -p ~/backup/boot
mv /media/boot/* ~/backup/boot/

# switch
7z x ~/boot.7z -o/media/boot/
7z x ~/modules.7z -o/lib/modules/

# if using a sdcard
#perl -pi -e 's/blk0/blk1/g' /media/boot/boot.ini

# apply 
sync
shutdown -r now
(Thanks to others in this thread for sharing what worked for them)
I boot from SSD. the boot.7z image looks like not compatible with petitboot. Petitboot failed to start the system.
Of course I have changed the root path in boot.ini with my PARTUUID
So the only way to test the new kernel is to use the emmc memory?

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 pm

Sav wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:19 pm
...
So the only way to test the new kernel is to use the emmc memory?
No; sdcard, emmc, spi(petitboot) should all work if configured properly.

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 pm

elatllat wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 pm
Sav wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:19 pm
...
So the only way to test the new kernel is to use the emmc memory?
No; sdcard, emmc, spi(petitboot) should all work if configured properly.
Sorry for the noob question: how can I configure the boot process to start with your kernel from sd-card and spi?
I followed your instructions. Have I to change something in petitboot?

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Sav wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 pm
... how can I configure the boot process to start with your kernel from sd-card and spi? ...
petitboot is looking for something in boot.ini, (i'm not sure what so) ask in the petitboot thread.
These users thanked the author elatllat for the post:
Sav (Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:56 pm)

dtx
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by dtx » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:16 pm

chewitt wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:36 pm
Bifrost devices require the ARM mali_kbase driver which is not upstream (or upstreamable) and requires the userspace pre-compiled mali "blob" from Amlogic; which is available in both gbm and gbm-wayland versions. At some distant future point the panfrost driver (currently Midgard only) will evolve support for Bifrost GPUs and the stupidity of blobs will go away. That's a long way off though .. don't hold your breath.
are those blobs still usable with the mainline kernel?

chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:02 am

dtx wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:16 pm
are those blobs still usable with the mainline kernel?
You need to run a current/tweaked version of mali_kbase as mainline dts have slightly different values but the blobs themselves are version independent. I've only used them with the mainline kernel :D

Viald
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Viald » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:37 am

elatllat wrote:
Sav wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:49 pm
... how can I configure the boot process to start with your kernel from sd-card and spi? ...
petitboot is looking for something in boot.ini, (i'm not sure what so) ask in the petitboot thread.
I think that petitboot needs a ramfs to boot.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:19 am


elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:34 am

RC7 with a patch to fix USB shared by tobetter build (and script).
These users thanked the author elatllat for the post:
Sav (Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:13 am)

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:11 am

elatllat wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:34 am
RC7 with a patch to fix USB shared by tobetter build (and script).
Using the eMMc memory I was able to boot your kernel. I used your build on the ubuntu mate from hardkernel.
It boots

Code: Select all

~# uname -r
5.3.0-rc7-00001-g743fdd01a
Now the issue is the video output
With the boot.ini you provided I don't have any video output.
I tried to copy part of the backuped boot.ini, to have something like this:

Code: Select all

ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG

setenv bootargs "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw clk_ignore_unused console=ttyAML0,115200"

setenv display_autodetect "false"

setenv hdmimode "1080p60hz"
setenv monitor_onoff "false" # true or false
setenv overscan "100"
setenv voutmode "hdmi"
setenv disablehpd "false"
setenv disable_vu7 "true"
setenv max_freq_a73 "1800"  # 1.8 GHz, default value
setenv max_freq_a53 "1896"  # 1.896 GHz, default value
setenv maxcpus "6"
if test "${display_autodetect}" = "true"; then hdmitx edid; fi
if test "${hdmimode}" = "custombuilt"; then setenv cmode "modeline=${modeline}"; fi


setenv dtb_loadaddr "0x1000000"
fatload mmc ${devno}:1 ${dtb_loadaddr} n2.dtb
fatload mmc ${devno}:1 0x01080000 uImage
bootm 0x1080000 - ${dtb_loadaddr}
But even with this, still no video.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:30 am

Sav wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:11 am
...no video.
I'm maintaining the 5.3 kernel for server use, so I can only say that I see a login on HDMI. I'm not sure how the display drivers fit together but odroid mentioned the elec build is using 5.2 with missing wayland and h265. The kodi thread my inform but I assume you may want to wait for someone else to package it all up for you. odroid also mentioned they should have a fixed 4.9 kernel next week so that might be the path of least resistance.
These users thanked the author elatllat for the post:
Sav (Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:33 am)

chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am

If you build from my 5.3-rc7 kernel tree the only major "missing" thing is HEVC (as no firmware available) but pretty-much everything else works. LE uses gbm-only mali blobs as we do not use/need Wayland, but if you build Wayland and use the standard gbm-wayland blobs that HK provides you should be able to get a desktop working (not my area of expertise tho).
These users thanked the author chewitt for the post:
rooted (Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:26 pm)

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:09 pm

chewitt wrote:If you build from my 5.3-rc7 kernel tree the only major "missing" thing is HEVC (as no firmware available) but pretty-much everything else works. LE uses gbm-only mali blobs as we do not use/need Wayland, but if you build Wayland and use the standard gbm-wayland blobs that HK provides you should be able to get a desktop working (not my area of expertise tho).
If I understand right, I need to start with a minimal image, install the new kernel, install mali blobs and then recompile wayland. I can't use the Ubuntu packages (apt-get install Weston).
Is that correct?

Inviato dal mio GM1913 utilizzando Tapatalk


chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Sounds reasonable but I never saw the point in compiling stuff on slow ARM boards so i'm not familiar with that process. I've always used distro's that cross-compile on high(er) spec x86_64 kit and give you a pre-assembled image with whatever bits you needed (e.g. Armbian and LibreELEC). NB: You'll need to add the mali_kbase driver to mainline kernels.

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:02 pm

I don't have that kind of skills.
I need to study

Inviato dal mio GM1913 utilizzando Tapatalk


brad
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:22 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2 N1 N2 H2 (64 bit ftw)
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 39 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by brad » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Sav wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:11 am

Using the eMMc memory I was able to boot your kernel. I used your build on the ubuntu mate from hardkernel.
It boots
.....
But even with this, still no video.
When I was first testing mainline on the N2 (hardkernel minimal image) some months back on 5.1 I had a similar issue with no HDMI booting direct into graphical.target (after installing mate/ gnome)

The workaround I used was to boot into HDMI console and then start the display once logged in

You might like to try this as a test to see if you can get display.

First ssh in and set boot to multi-user (will have no desktop on next boot just hdmi console prompt)

Code: Select all

$ sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target
Now reboot and login and then start the display manager by (hopefully you see mate login)

Code: Select all

$ sudo systemctl start display-manager
I you want to swap back to how it is now

Code: Select all

$ sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target
These users thanked the author brad for the post:
Sav (Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:18 pm)

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:05 am

These users thanked the author elatllat for the post:
odroid (Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:14 am)

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by tobetter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am

I've uploaded Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.04 minimal image boots with Linux 4.9 kernel. After booting with this image, you can install 5.3.0-rc8 kernel.

For Ubuntu Users

Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/images/ra ... 911.img.xz
Ubuntu 19.04 (Disco) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/images/ra ... 911.img.xz
The default user account and password is odroid/odroid.

Code: Select all

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS bionic-minimal ttyS0

bionic-minimal login: odroid
Password: 
Last login: Tue Sep 10 18:38:19 UTC 2019 on ttyS0
Welcome to Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.9.190-odroidn2-arm64 aarch64)

 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com
 * Management:     https://landscape.canonical.com
 * Support:        https://ubuntu.com/advantage
 _   _               _ _                        _ 
| | | | __ _ _ __ __| | | _____ _ __ _ __   ___| |
| |_| |/ _` | '__/ _` | |/ / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _ \ |
|  _  | (_| | | | (_| |   <  __/ |  | | | |  __/ |
|_| |_|\__,_|_|  \__,_|_|\_\___|_|  |_| |_|\___|_|
                                                  
  ___  ____  ____   ___ ___ ____        _   _ ____  
 / _ \|  _ \|  _ \ / _ \_ _|  _ \      | \ | |___ \ 
| | | | | | | |_) | | | | || | | |_____|  \| | __) |
| |_| | |_| |  _ <| |_| | || |_| |_____| |\  |/ __/ 
 \___/|____/|_| \_\\___/___|____/      |_| \_|_____|
                                                    

Welcome to Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Tuesday, 10 September 2019, 06:43:45 PM
Up time:     0 days, 00:05:34
Free memory: 3445672 / 3801296 kB
IP:          192.168.0.14


[!] Please visit 'https://launchpad.net/odroid-image' to report a bug
Once you success to boot with the default kernel 4.9.190, please do run this command sudo apt install linux-image-odroid-upstream to install the mainline kernel which version is currently 5.3.0-rc8.

Code: Select all

odroid@bionic-minimal:~$ sudo apt install linux-image-odroid-upstream
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  linux-image-5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64
Suggested packages:
  linux-doc-5.3 debian-kernel-handbook
Recommended packages:
  firmware-linux-free
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  linux-image-5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64 linux-image-odroid-upstream
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 9475 kB of archives.
After this operation, 38.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Reboot after the package linux-image-odroid-upstream is successfully installed.

The Linux kernel 5.3.0-rc8 is built from my git repository which already has the USB 3.0 fix.
https://github.com/tobetter/linux/commits/upstream

For Debian Users

I have Netboot installer of Debian Stretch and Buster rather than an image file.
Debian 9 (Stretch) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... etinst.img
Debian 10 (Buster) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... etinst.img

Flash the image to uSD, and boot from uSD itself or Petitboot then it will start the Debian installer. With the installer, you can customize the accounts, partition layout, and some packages. Even you can install Debian to USB storage directly on ODROID-N2. This installer project is being a long time but seems no one uses it. :)
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=30869

After installation is done and successfully boot with the default kernel Linux 4.9, then the mainline kernel 5.3.0-rc8 also can be installed with the same package linux-image-odroid-upstream. Once everything is done, you will have this.

Code: Select all

Debian GNU/Linux 10 debian ttyAML0

debian login: x
Password: 
Last login: Thu Feb 14 05:12:05 EST 2019 on ttyS0
Linux debian 5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue, 10 Sep 2019 03:38:33 +0000 aarch64
 _   _               _ _                        _ 
| | | | __ _ _ __ __| | | _____ _ __ _ __   ___| |
| |_| |/ _` | '__/ _` | |/ / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _ \ |
|  _  | (_| | | | (_| |   <  __/ |  | | | |  __/ |
|_| |_|\__,_|_|  \__,_|_|\_\___|_|  |_| |_|\___|_|
                                                  
  ___  ____  ____   ___ ___ ____        _   _ ____  
 / _ \|  _ \|  _ \ / _ \_ _|  _ \      | \ | |___ \ 
| | | | | | | |_) | | | | || | | |_____|  \| | __) |
| |_| | |_| |  _ <| |_| | || |_| |_____| |\  |/ __/ 
 \___/|____/|_| \_\\___/___|____/      |_| \_|_____|
                                                    

Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Tuesday, 10 September 2019, 03:16:05 PM
Up time:     0 days, 00:00:11
Free memory: 3650156 / 3791684 kB
IP:          192.168.0.14

[!] Please visit 'https://launchpad.net/odroid-image' to report a bug

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Please note that the images were built to help you to run the mainline kernel instead of struggling to build by yourself. There would be missing features not tested or kernel configurations, it would be great if you can share whatever you found in order to improve the images. I am also testing the Desktop version with the Linux kernels 4.9 and 5.3, hope they also can be released sometime soon.

Have fun with ODROID!!
These users thanked the author tobetter for the post (total 8):
elatllat (Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 am) • Sav (Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 am) • brad (Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:02 am) • xpduyson (Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am) • mad_ady (Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 pm) • xabolcs (Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:06 pm) • rooted (Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:26 pm) • SirZevo (Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 am)

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:43 am

tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am
...images were built to help you to run the mainline kernel...
Thanks,
will you be following the monthly HK builds, the weekly kernel.org builds, or some other update schedule?
is the clk patch (destined for 5.4) included?

tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am
...Desktop version ... sometime soon...
when kodi or wayland are working I'll have to get another N2 to play with that.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by tobetter » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:54 am

elatllat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:43 am
tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am
...images were built to help you to run the mainline kernel...
Thanks,
will you be following the monthly HK builds, the weekly kernel.org builds, or some other update schedule?
is the clk patch (destined for 5.4) included?

tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am
...Desktop version ... sometime soon...
when kodi or wayland are working I'll have to get another N2 to play with that.
I am thinking of and doing a regular update, but the update would not be formally noticed in the forum.
Since I just finished up the build set up in my build firm, the branch does not have any other patches except USB 3.0. Actually I have not intended much about further patches in the upcoming branch yet. It would be great if you can point me out where I can find out the patches, then I will put them into my branch and they will be packaged daily basis. :)

For the mainline kernel, I am planning to test DRM Wayland driver which works on Linux 4.9 framebuffer.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:12 am

tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:54 am
...where I can find ... patches...
The main issue with the 5.3 build I am using now (GUI stuff aside) is that it's running at about 1/2 speed ("cryptsetup benchmark" specifically).
I think this patch https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11063851/ may help with that, but I have not spent the time to back port it to mainline, likely I'll just wait for it to show up in 5.4.

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 am

tobetter wrote:
elatllat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:43 am
tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am
...images were built to help you to run the mainline kernel...
Thanks,
will you be following the monthly HK builds, the weekly kernel.org builds, or some other update schedule?
is the clk patch (destined for 5.4) included?

tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am
...Desktop version ... sometime soon...
when kodi or wayland are working I'll have to get another N2 to play with that.
I am thinking of and doing a regular update, but the update would not be formally noticed in the forum.
Since I just finished up the build set up in my build firm, the branch does not have any other patches except USB 3.0. Actually I have not intended much about further patches in the upcoming branch yet. It would be great if you can point me out where I can find out the patches, then I will put them into my branch and they will be packaged daily basis. :)

For the mainline kernel, I am planning to test DRM Wayland driver which works on Linux 4.9 framebuffer.
Please let us know how it went.


Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 6860
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 177 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by mad_ady » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm

@tobetter: your work should have its own wiki page or at least forum thread so it doesn't get lost.
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
rooted (Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:28 pm)

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6879
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 267 times
Been thanked: 58 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by rooted » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:28 pm

mad_ady wrote:@tobetter: your work should have its own wiki page or at least forum thread so it doesn't get lost.
I agree, it will certainly get lost.

oliver.claude
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:44 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: 2x N2, 5x HC2, 3x HC1
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by oliver.claude » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:48 am

Hi tobetter.

Thank you so much for putting in the time to get 5.x running on the N2. I think everyone here appreciates the work.

I would love to build your kernel for N2 to get some custom modules enabled/disabled. Specificaly cephfs and RadosBD enabled and security disabled.

Would you mind sharing the commands/instructions to build your kernel from source and install on the N2.

Thanks a million.

Regards,
Claude
tobetter wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am
I've uploaded Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.04 minimal image boots with Linux 4.9 kernel. After booting with this image, you can install 5.3.0-rc8 kernel.

For Ubuntu Users

Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/images/ra ... 911.img.xz
Ubuntu 19.04 (Disco) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/images/ra ... 911.img.xz
The default user account and password is odroid/odroid.

Code: Select all

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS bionic-minimal ttyS0

bionic-minimal login: odroid
Password: 
Last login: Tue Sep 10 18:38:19 UTC 2019 on ttyS0
Welcome to Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.9.190-odroidn2-arm64 aarch64)

 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com
 * Management:     https://landscape.canonical.com
 * Support:        https://ubuntu.com/advantage
 _   _               _ _                        _ 
| | | | __ _ _ __ __| | | _____ _ __ _ __   ___| |
| |_| |/ _` | '__/ _` | |/ / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _ \ |
|  _  | (_| | | | (_| |   <  __/ |  | | | |  __/ |
|_| |_|\__,_|_|  \__,_|_|\_\___|_|  |_| |_|\___|_|
                                                  
  ___  ____  ____   ___ ___ ____        _   _ ____  
 / _ \|  _ \|  _ \ / _ \_ _|  _ \      | \ | |___ \ 
| | | | | | | |_) | | | | || | | |_____|  \| | __) |
| |_| | |_| |  _ <| |_| | || |_| |_____| |\  |/ __/ 
 \___/|____/|_| \_\\___/___|____/      |_| \_|_____|
                                                    

Welcome to Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Tuesday, 10 September 2019, 06:43:45 PM
Up time:     0 days, 00:05:34
Free memory: 3445672 / 3801296 kB
IP:          192.168.0.14


[!] Please visit 'https://launchpad.net/odroid-image' to report a bug
Once you success to boot with the default kernel 4.9.190, please do run this command sudo apt install linux-image-odroid-upstream to install the mainline kernel which version is currently 5.3.0-rc8.

Code: Select all

odroid@bionic-minimal:~$ sudo apt install linux-image-odroid-upstream
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  linux-image-5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64
Suggested packages:
  linux-doc-5.3 debian-kernel-handbook
Recommended packages:
  firmware-linux-free
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  linux-image-5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64 linux-image-odroid-upstream
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 9475 kB of archives.
After this operation, 38.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Reboot after the package linux-image-odroid-upstream is successfully installed.

The Linux kernel 5.3.0-rc8 is built from my git repository which already has the USB 3.0 fix.
https://github.com/tobetter/linux/commits/upstream

For Debian Users

I have Netboot installer of Debian Stretch and Buster rather than an image file.
Debian 9 (Stretch) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... etinst.img
Debian 10 (Buster) : http://ppa.linuxfactory.or.kr/installer ... etinst.img

Flash the image to uSD, and boot from uSD itself or Petitboot then it will start the Debian installer. With the installer, you can customize the accounts, partition layout, and some packages. Even you can install Debian to USB storage directly on ODROID-N2. This installer project is being a long time but seems no one uses it. :)
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=30869

After installation is done and successfully boot with the default kernel Linux 4.9, then the mainline kernel 5.3.0-rc8 also can be installed with the same package linux-image-odroid-upstream. Once everything is done, you will have this.

Code: Select all

Debian GNU/Linux 10 debian ttyAML0

debian login: x
Password: 
Last login: Thu Feb 14 05:12:05 EST 2019 on ttyS0
Linux debian 5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue, 10 Sep 2019 03:38:33 +0000 aarch64
 _   _               _ _                        _ 
| | | | __ _ _ __ __| | | _____ _ __ _ __   ___| |
| |_| |/ _` | '__/ _` | |/ / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _ \ |
|  _  | (_| | | | (_| |   <  __/ |  | | | |  __/ |
|_| |_|\__,_|_|  \__,_|_|\_\___|_|  |_| |_|\___|_|
                                                  
  ___  ____  ____   ___ ___ ____        _   _ ____  
 / _ \|  _ \|  _ \ / _ \_ _|  _ \      | \ | |___ \ 
| | | | | | | |_) | | | | || | | |_____|  \| | __) |
| |_| | |_| |  _ <| |_| | || |_| |_____| |\  |/ __/ 
 \___/|____/|_| \_\\___/___|____/      |_| \_|_____|
                                                    

Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Tuesday, 10 September 2019, 03:16:05 PM
Up time:     0 days, 00:00:11
Free memory: 3650156 / 3791684 kB
IP:          192.168.0.14

[!] Please visit 'https://launchpad.net/odroid-image' to report a bug

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Please note that the images were built to help you to run the mainline kernel instead of struggling to build by yourself. There would be missing features not tested or kernel configurations, it would be great if you can share whatever you found in order to improve the images. I am also testing the Desktop version with the Linux kernels 4.9 and 5.3, hope they also can be released sometime soon.

Have fun with ODROID!!
These users thanked the author oliver.claude for the post:
ASword (Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 pm)

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:26 am

oliver.claude wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:48 am
... commands/instructions to build your kernel ...
Here.

Neil did most of the work getting the N2 into mainline.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by tobetter » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

@oliver.claude, as @elatllat mentioned most of the commits are contributed by Neil Armstrong and I just use them to build. :)
If you like to customize the kernel image, you can use the kernel config /boot/config-5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64.
For the native build on ODROID-N2, you could try this.

Code: Select all

$ git clone --depth=1 --branch=upstream https://github.com/tobetter/linux.git 
$ cd linux
$ cp /boot/config-5.3.0-rc8-odroid-upstream-arm64 .config
$ make menuconfig
...change the kernel config whatever you want...
$ make
$ make install modules_install
$ sudo reboot
Once you made the kernel change, please share the kernel configuration. I will add it to my build queue.

@elatllat
FYI, I've fixed the problem that U-boot for ODROID-N2 only can boot uImage of the mainline kernel.
Please do update your U-boot with this version, after this update you can boot arch/arm64/boot/Image without running mkimage.
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/re ... droidn2-61

oliver.claude
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:44 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: 2x N2, 5x HC2, 3x HC1
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by oliver.claude » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Apologies, I didn't mean to exclude anyone. Thanks to anyone willing to assist in getting mainline running on ARM.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:52 pm

These users thanked the author elatllat for the post (total 2):
odroid (Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:03 pm) • xabolcs (Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 pm)

dtx
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by dtx » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Is there any functionality in the 5.3 kernel missing thats available in the official 4.9er Kernel?

Sav
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-n2
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by Sav » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:16 pm

dtx wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Is there any functionality in the 5.3 kernel missing thats available in the official 4.9er Kernel?
From what I know, the new kernel brings better support for the G12B boards (like the N2).
From http://linux-meson.com/doku.php:
v5.3 (work in progress)

all SoCs: PWM driver improvements
AXG: move spread spectrum to MPLL2
G12A: add support for thetohdmitx audio controller
G12A: fix the name of the MPLL 50M clock ID
G12A: initialize MPLL registers correctly
G12A: add drive-strength-microamp support in the pinctrl driver
G12B: add support for the second CPU cluster clocks
G12A/G12B: add support for the thermal sensor clock
G12A/G12B: add GPIO IRQ support
G12A/G12B: use interrupt based OTG switching
GX: add support for the XBGR8888 and ABGR8888 color formats
GXBB: remove incorrect spread spectrum on MPLL0
Meson8/Meson8b/Meson8m2: add support for the audio clocks
Meson8/Meson8b/Meson8m2: add support to the canvas video lookup-table
DT updates:
G12A: add the PWM controllers
G12A: add the IR decoder
G12A: enable the IR decoder on the U200 and X96 Max boards
G12A: add the SD and eMMC controllers
G12A: enable SD card and eMMC on the U200 and SEI510 boards
G12A: add clocks to the AO UART controllers
G12A: add the I2C busses
G12A: enable the I2C bus with the RGB LED controller on SEI510
G12A: add the audio controllers
G12A: add the Ethernet controller and MDIO mux
G12A: enable the internal PHY on the U200 and SEI510 boards
G12A: add the SDIO controller
G12A: enable the SDIO WiFi module on the X96 Max and SEI510 boards
G12A: enable Bluetooth on the X96 Max and SEI510 boards
G12A: enable the SDIO MMC controller and enable wifi on supported boards
G12A: enable audio support on the X96 Max
G12A: enable audio support on the SEI510
G12B: add support for the S922X SoC
G12B: minimal support for the Odroid-N2
G12B: enable audio support on the Odroid-N2
G12A/G12B: add the Ethernet controller and enable it on all supported boards
G12A/G12B: add the GPIO interrupt-controller
G12A/G12B: switch to (GPIO) interrupt driven PHY status updates
G12A/G12B: enable the RNG
GX: fix eMMC pin bias and set max-frequency
GXBB: add more supported SD card modes on Odroid-C2 and NanoPi K2
GXBB: enable Bluetooth on the Wetek boards
GXBB: fix reading the chip temperature on some Wetek boards
GXBB: enable HDMI CEC on the Tronsmart Vega S95 boards
GXBB: fix reading the chip temperature on some Tronsmart Vega S95 boards
GXBB: add Bluetooth support on the Tronsmart Vega S95 boards
GXBB: use an interrupt instead of polling the Ethernet PHY status on the Tronsmart Vega S95 boards
GXL: correct eMMC module voltage and mark it as removable on Libretech CC
GXM: update eMMC settings for Khadas VIM2
GXM: enable Bluetooth on the Khadas VIM2
Meson8b: improve support for the Tronfy MXQ S805
Meson8/Meson8b/Meson8m2: add the canvas video lookup-table
Meson8m2: add the mali-supply on the MXIII-Plus board
New board support
Hardkernel Odroid-N2 (G12B, S922X)

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:23 pm

dtx wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Is there any functionality in the 5.3 kernel missing thats available in the official 4.9er Kernel?
Yes (eg it's running at ~1/2 speed for now), on the other hand it's less buggy (eg btrfs).

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 32677
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 364 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by odroid » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:48 pm

There is no 4K H.265 (HEVC) video decoder driver in the mainline Kernel yet.
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
elatllat (Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm)

chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 pm

elatllat wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:23 pm
Yes (eg it's running at ~1/2 speed for now), on the other hand it's less buggy (eg btrfs).
The DVFS patches needed for running full-speed should be in 5.3? - but even if not it's simple to patch support in. I've been running N2 "full speed" for several months.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:59 pm

chewitt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 pm
...DVFS patches needed for running full-speed should be in 5.3?...
Queued for 5.4 as they were accepted 2019-07-29, I'm planning on waiting vs back-porting them.

@tobetter are you going to ask for the Amlogic USB fix to be merged into mainline? (I'd rather get it merged than carry around out of tree patches)

chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:14 am

@tobetter .. changes like that ^^ USB change need to be sent upstream so that distro's who support HK product don't need to juggle large patch-sets, and the sooner you send it upstream the better, because it's never a quick process (esp. for drivers like dwc3 that are widely used). HK are known for good support for their users - which is good. HK are not known for their contribution to upstream - which is not good, but something easy to work upon :)

The more you send upstream - the less work you have to do in the long-run - so it's time well invested. NB: I'm unable to assist the upstreaming process from a patch-content perspective (as I don't code) but I'm living proof that anyone can learn how to submit stuff to the kernel and I'd be happy to coach from a process perspective if you're not familiar with it.

dtx
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by dtx » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:15 am

odroid wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:48 pm
There is no 4K H.265 (HEVC) video decoder driver in the mainline Kernel yet.
Is there a patch for that available for the mainline kernel?

chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:29 am

Technically HEVC codec support exists (has already been written and there are patches for it) but the corresponding firmware file for G12 hardware is what's missing. Initial driver testing found bugs which stronly appear to be in the firmware, which is why it hasn't been released, and while feedback was given to Amlogic, lots of time has elapsed since.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by tobetter » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 am

elatllat wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:59 pm
chewitt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 pm
...DVFS patches needed for running full-speed should be in 5.3?...
Queued for 5.4 as they were accepted 2019-07-29, I'm planning on waiting vs back-porting them.

@tobetter are you going to ask for the Amlogic USB fix to be merged into mainline? (I'd rather get it merged than carry around out of tree patches)
Well...probably not in the near future since I have no idea how to describe the patch when it's submitted.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 am

tobetter wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 am
...I have no idea how to describe the patch when it's submitted.
"meson-g12b-odroid-n2 USB fix" should be fine.
Just email Felipe the patch and cc Neil, Kevin, linux-amlogic, and linux-kernel.
As long as one acts fast and is open to constructive feedback, progress can be made.
Because it's a core file, discussion will likely lead to someone finding a cleaner fix anyway.
Let us know if you would prefer I (or some volunteer more experienced than I) take care of the correspondence.

SirZevo
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:17 pm
languages_spoken: English and Spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID-N2
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by SirZevo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:26 pm

tobetter wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 am
...I have no idea how to describe the patch when it's submitted.
You'll get more than enough feedback to make this correct in the end, so you should do this on behalf of Hardkernel and the ODROID-N2 users as it shows that Hardkernel devs are aiming to contribute towards Linux mainkernel. At least contact Felipe, Neil and Kevin to ask them for input on this.
elatllat wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:42 am
"meson-g12b-odroid-n2 USB fix" should be fine.
This fix should not be called any odroid-n2 related as it most likely affect other g12b devices as well.
meson-g12b USB fix
disable park mode for meson-g12b - USB fix
meson-g12b xHCI - disable park mode
meson-g12b xHCI - disable park mode to prevent halt
I mean, the possibilities are endless and the fix might apply for other Amlogic g12b devices

Update:
It seems that at least one user has confirmed that the issue applies to Khadas VIM 3 too, which also is meson-g12 - Khadas forum: Armbian + KODI (Ubuntu\Debian) for SD & USB & eMMC.

Update 2:
Khadas devs have also confirmed that this issue is related to Khadas VIM 3 as well! - Khadas forum: Armbian + KODI (Ubuntu\Debian) for SD & USB & eMMC.
Last edited by SirZevo on Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chewitt
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by chewitt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Just submit with an RFC subject tag. You'll get comments :)

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 pm

^^^^^
Last edited by elatllat on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Last edited by elatllat on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:12 pm

elatllat wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:59 pm
... the Amlogic USB fix to be merged into mainline...
Neil made a more appropriate patch, which worked when I tested it, so I think he will take care of this for us.

elatllat
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1, N2
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Re: Any plan for basic mainline linux support?

Unread post by elatllat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Last edited by elatllat on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “General Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests