XU4 appears to be running hotter

pdobrien3
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XU4 appears to be running hotter

Unread post by pdobrien3 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:50 am

Hello all,

I use an ssh command line to log into my odroid from home automation software every 5 minutes. The command line checks the CPU Temp on the ODroid and sends me a text if the temps are over 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Prior to last weekends updates, it rarely went over 120. Now I am consistently getting text stating the CPU temp is 150-160 degrees. My research shows that the temps may not be correct although I have never been logged in at the exact time the command line does the check. Usually several minutes later. Pretty sure the last update, this past Friday, included a kernel update but I am not experienced enough to know for sure. Was there something recently that is causing higher temps?

Thanks

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: XU4 appears to be running hotter

Unread post by odroid » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:42 am

It looks normal.
My XU4 CPU temperature is around 50°C in idle state. Ambient temperature is 24°C.

Code: Select all

odroid@odroid:~$ cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp                      
46000                                                                           
52000                                                                           
48000                                                                           
46000                                                                           

odroid@odroid:~$ uname -a                                                       
Linux odroid 4.14.133-166 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 5 22:49:45 -03 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

odroid@odroid:~$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor                                                      
ondemand                                                                                                                        
ondemand                                                                                                                        
ondemand                                                                                                                        
ondemand                                                                                                                        
ondemand                                                                                                                        
ondemand                                                                                                                        
ondemand                                                                                                                        
ondemand

pdobrien3
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: XU4 appears to be running hotter

Unread post by pdobrien3 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:57 am

My scaling is set to performance. Maybe that is it

Return to “General Topics”