France and DHL... And got charged...

brad
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2 N1 N2 H2 (64 bit ftw)

Re: Re: Sold Out

Unread post by brad » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:09 am

powerful owl wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:41 pm
Hi, just curious, what did you decide to get?
I am thinking of Samsung 970 Pro 500GB at the moment if my wallet allows me, but might go for the 970 EvoPlus version due to price.

Pro should last longer but Evo Plus should be faster and cheaper.

For RAM im thinking 2 x SAMSUNG 8GB PC4-19200, although considering 1 x 16Gb in case I want to upgrade later. Would like to test running some VM's or docker containers first to see if extra RAM would be worthwhile so I can multiple up at once.

Francisco
ODROIDs: H2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Francisco » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:51 pm

Pollin.de sells it but they don't send it abroad, and SATA cable "is expected to be available again at the beginning of august." Pollin dixit).
(I boght them my HC1 from Spain, but now it's not possible).
Instead, I've bought in francerobotique.com without problem.
Last edited by Francisco on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roots
languages_spoken: English, Romanian
ODROIDs: XU4

Unread post by roots » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:45 pm

@puremind where are you from? And from where did you order?

There is a big problem in Europe with the odroid resellers... they are hard to find, and when you found them, they don't sell in you country, even that you are in EU.

powerful owl
ODROIDs: 6 x HC1, N2, H2

Unread post by powerful owl » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:24 pm

brad wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:09 am
I am thinking of Samsung 970 Pro 500GB at the moment if my wallet allows me, but might go for the 970 EvoPlus version due to price.

Pro should last longer but Evo Plus should be faster and cheaper.
Cool. Would be any speed difference as H2 is PCIe 2.0? In case you hadn't seen - https://www.samsung.com/au/offer/ssdcashback2019/
I'll be using a 250GB 970 Evo Plus at least to start with as I have one.

puremind
ODROIDs: Odroid H2 Rev B

Unread post by puremind » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:05 am

roots wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:45 pm
@puremind where are you from? And from where did you order?

There is a big problem in Europe with the odroid resellers... they are hard to find, and when you found them, they don't sell in you country, even that you are in EU.
Package all the way to Ireland. For some reason, I didn't get charged anything. Lucky day.
Ordered directly from Hardkernel.com

Even if I had to pay, I would've been screwed by any distributor even more than customs and there's always the chance the package passes unseen, plus I prefer to directly deal with South Korea in case of issues than a man in the middle that will delay everything even in the case you'd save some money.
Odroid H2 Rev B, 16GB Ripjaws, MP510 Corsair 512GB Nvme

tmihai20
languages_spoken: english, french, italian, romanian
ODROIDs: XU4, GO, H2

Unread post by tmihai20 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:12 pm

You guys are lucky for getting your H2 delivered and the luckiest is @puremind for not paying taxes. I have chosen to order from AmeriDroid so I can bypass DHL and their 21 euro tax. I strongly suggest that HardKernel gives us more options about delivery, like alternatives to DHL. DHL has grown greedy and is using its position to impose a monopoly in deliveries from all over the world, especially from Hong Kong, Korea and China.
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
I write (in Romanian mostly) on a blog (see my profile)

puremind

Unread post by puremind » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:42 pm

I got it delivered by DHL... the extra customs etc is driven by every countries' customs offices/regulations and not necessarily the courier as the only collect any money to pass it to the country. (they don't keep it lol)

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:21 am

In Romania DHL is charging 21 EUR extra for their services, besides the taxes.

marco44
ODROIDs: HC2

Unread post by marco44 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:24 am

In France too... it almost doubles the tax…

Dach
ODROIDs: Odroid H2

Unread post by Dach » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:39 am

Only doubles the tax? Lucky you. 21€ for DHLs customs service and then 32€ for tax on top of that.
Gotta love ordering stuff from outside the EU!

On the plus side it was delivered within 2 days after being shipped. That's quite impressive.

marco44

Unread post by marco44 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:46 pm

Well, yes, almost doubles the tax, like you. 32 € is larger than 21€ :)

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:17 pm

I did not put the actual tax because that is based on the amount of the order. That has to be paid anyway no matter how you get the package. I am only complaining about the paperwork and the 21 EUR that DHL charges. It is indeed nice to have it in about 2-3 days. Even if I do it quickly DHL Romania still takes 2-3 days to get the package to me.

dlu

Unread post by dlu » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:23 am

Dach wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:39 am
Only doubles the tax? Lucky you. 21€ for DHLs customs service and then 32€ for tax on top of that.
Which 21€ for customs service do you mean? Did DHL want more money than what you paid hardkernel as shipping fee?

Dach
ODROIDs: Odroid H2

Unread post by Dach » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm

marco44 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:46 pm
Well, yes, almost doubles the tax, like you. 32 € is larger than 21€ :)
Haha, right :) Sounded like the two numbers were close to each other, since you said almost.
dlu wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:23 am
Dach wrote:
Which 21€ for customs service do you mean? Did DHL want more money than what you paid hardkernel as shipping fee?
Correct.

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:05 pm

dlu wrote:
In Romania DHL asks for 21 EUR for doing the Customs declaration (always had orders up to 4200 LEI).

between 25 - 4200 LEI (up to 886 EUR) they want 99.96* LEI (84 LEI + TVA ~ 21 EUR)
between 4200 - 4500 LEI (between 886 and 950 EUR) they want 2% of the value of the Customs tax
over 4500 LEI (over 950 EUR) you have to pay in the customs yourself in the treasury bank account of the Customs service

Nice DHL, right? I do not think so. This is why I want at least one alternative regarding shipping. Ameridroid has lots of them, even though some are a lot more expensive than DHL (almost doubling the value of the order). DHL also insists that the amount I give them also includes the shipping cost, even though shipping is paid in the country of the seller and that shipping cost also includes any taxes that apply to that country. Basically I am paying taxes twice for the same service, once in the country of the seller and again in my country over the full already taxed price. None of the sellers I had to deal with (outside of EU) included the price of shipping without any local taxes (if any).

Sellers in the EU are specifying that they can provide prices without taxes for people outside of EU, for shipping and items as well.

brad

Unread post by brad » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 pm

In Australia Fedex gets delivered to the door with no additional delivery cost. We are supposed to pay GST for customs (10% excluding delivery cost for international shipping) but they have not bothered to question me on this so for my purchases I have only paid the checkout value on hardkernel store. We have a crap USD to AUD conversion rate so the checkout value is more than I like. Maybe I need to start my own Australian store and ship to EU :) Fedex can give me some good deals

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Fedex is an option only in countries like USA, Canada, Australia, but definitely not in Europe. I think Fedex sometimes subcontracts local delivery companies here in Romania, I believe I have read about Romanians getting stuff delivered via Fedex. USPS, on the other hand is probably using Romanian Post Office.

brad

Unread post by brad » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:04 pm

tmihai20 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 pm
Fedex is an option only in countries like USA, Canada, Australia, but definitely not in Europe. I think Fedex sometimes subcontracts local delivery companies here in Romania, I believe I have read about Romanians getting stuff delivered via Fedex. USPS, on the other hand is probably using Romanian Post Office.
So which delivery company is most affordable and carries guaranteed deliveries for the EU or is it specific to the actual EU country? It is much harder to develop a relationship with each countries postal service than is is to a shipping agent for the EU. Sea can be very cheap option for larger deliveries but for small electronic components airfreight will be the requirement. Sounds like DHL is the company which has it all tied up and USPS the ones who have relationships with the postal services.

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:08 am

brad wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:04 pm
So which delivery company is most affordable and carries guaranteed deliveries for the EU or is it specific to the actual EU country? It is much harder to develop a relationship with each countries postal service than is is to a shipping agent for the EU. Sea can be very cheap option for larger deliveries but for small electronic components airfreight will be the requirement. Sounds like DHL is the company which has it all tied up and USPS the ones who have relationships with the postal services.
I only suspect that USPS is using local post office companies to deliver packages in the EU (I may be wrong). DHL has the widest coverage, unfortunately. DHL is taking advantage of such a monopoly (I heard that in China it is cheaper to send a package via DHL than it is via EMS). I prefer EMS because in Romania there is a local post office where a Customs representative is there at all times and you can just do the Customs declaration right there on the spot. The downside is that delivery will take a longer time compared to DHL and most of the times there is no insurance. I always prefer to wait if I can and not continue paying DHL for their monopoly. More delivery companies like Fedex should step up their game to compete with DHL.

Right now DHL is probably the only way you could deliver something across the world quickly and safely. Maybe a seller could support half of fee that DHL is charging, it would make it a little easier for the buyer. I got packages from China in about 3-4 working days after being dispatched (including the papers that need to be filled in and scanned for them). They used to charge less money until the start of 2016 (at the beginning of 2015 it was the last time I paid 10 EUR for DHL services). EMS means longer waiting times and no insurance, but no fee for doing Customs declarations (sort of speak).

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Re: Sold Out

Unread post by mad_ady » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 am

Back when HK used UPS, their Romanian service was top notch. ESP was ok too, but I had to go to the post office to sign a legal agreement, but then the parcel was delivered to my door. Fedex usually asks for a lot of papers and sometimes charges extra for deliveries, I agree.

allanallanf

Unread post by allanallanf » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:00 am

Hi guys,

Any idea on when the H1 case will be back in stock?

Thanks

dlu

Unread post by dlu » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:44 am

Dach wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm
dlu wrote:
Dach wrote:
Correct.
tmihai20 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:05 pm
In Romania DHL asks for 21 EUR for doing the Customs declaration (always had orders up to 4200 LEI).
What the fuck? Hardkernel charges 27 USD for shipping with DHL, and then DHL charges 21 EUR more for customs? It's a DHL Express International shipment, how can customs processing not be included in the 27USD? Did it take them by surprise? "Huh, customs? Sorry, that is new, I have to bill this extra"?? Something like that must be communicated beforehand. Did I miss some fineprint when I placed the order at hardkernel?

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Unread post by meveric » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 pm

dlu wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:44 am
What the fuck? Hardkernel charges 27 USD for shipping with DHL,
I suggest you try using DHL to send an express package (or just air mail) across the globe, YOU will be surprised how much just "sending" such a package costs.
dlu wrote:
and then DHL charges 21 EUR more for customs?
Yep, like others do as well, for example FedEx.
It's their nice way to tell you: "Hey I spare you the trouble to go to drive to your next customs office, which might be half way across YOUR country, go into the office, declare what this package is all about, calculate the required import fee, pay the import fee, and then bring your package to you."
"In fact we do this in good faith that you will pay the bill, cause if you do not, we will have payed the bill for you and do not get our money back"

Still you are correct in some countries what DHL is doing is "technically" illegal, as they normally require a written permission from you to be allowed to do exactly that, and charge you with the fees.
Sometimes DHL seems to forget about this though, that's where the illegal part comes in.

But very few people care since it spares them the gas money to drive to the tax office, which you might have to do several times, if there is an issue with the parcel, wrongly labeled or something.

The fee itself can sometimes be disproportionately high, if you have ordered something that costs 20€ pay $27 shipping and have to pay 21€ DHL fee, that's kinda annoying. Still when you have a package value of 500€ and they still just charge you 21€ for "their work" it's not that bad anymore. It's like when you pay your barber for a service he does for you, you know handling all the import documents, fees, discussions with the Tax office.
21€ is not that high of a "hourly salary" considering you paying a service here, although I guess that depends on the country you live in and what the average salary is in that country.
dlu wrote:
It's a DHL Express International shipment, how can customs processing not be included in the 27USD?
First, as said above: try to find out what it would cost YOU to send a parcel, just for fun, so you get an idea what the 27USD are in comparison.
But why it's not included: Custom processing is different in each country, and in fact DHL charges differently for the countries as well.
Here in Germany they charge you 12.50 € for example, so you see they charge nearly twice as much in your case.
Sooooo why again do you suspect this is part of the 27USD if it's different in each country?

Also you seem to forget about IMPORT TAX, that is the stuff DHL is paying for you up front so they can bring you your parcel.
This depends on the tax law of YOUR country.
Here in Gemany for example I pay a whooping 19% import tax. Means if I order something that is 100€ in price, I have to pay 19€ taxes (on top of the import fee for DHL 12.50€).
And once again, if import tax is different in each country AND depends on the value of the items you ordered (which is the stupid law in the country you live in).
Why again should this be included in the shipping cost of 27USD?
dlu wrote:
Something like that must be communicated beforehand. Did I miss some fineprint when I placed the order at hardkernel?
Yes apparently you missed the "fine-print" I marked it for you so you might spot it, as it is very well hidden, when you order something!
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

powerful owl

Unread post by powerful owl » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Yes, not so fine in print... Plus on the checkout page there's a box you have to check that says "I have read and agree to the website terms and conditions *". If you click on the link, it says again right there "Our price does not include taxes, tariffs, brokerage fee and any related charges. Customers outside of the South Korea may be subject to customs fees and/or import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country; you should contact your local customs office or tax authority for information specific to your situation. " etc etc.

powerful owl

Unread post by powerful owl » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:35 pm

On a more positive note, the H2 is awesome so far :D :D :D

dlu

Unread post by dlu » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:47 pm

meveric wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 pm
Sooooo why again do you suspect this is part of the 27USD if it's different in each country?
Hardkernels shopping cart has a cart totals that allows you to specify the destination. The shipping fees differ for various countries. Why is that? Is hardkernels work of packaging my order different? Do they use other shipping materials? I doubt it. If the webshop knows the prices for different destinations beforehand, those prices need to be right.
Also you seem to forget about IMPORT TAX, that is the stuff DHL is paying for you up front so they can bring you your parcel.
This depends on the tax law of YOUR country.
Knowing the law of ones own country is something else as knowing shipment fees of every potential international shipping company. So in your eyes, it is the customers duty to check if the webshop price is correct? What if the DHL fright pilot needs to renew his vaccines or his visa? Should I pay for that as well? Should I call DHL beforehand if the pilot is good to go?
Yes apparently you missed the "fine-print" I marked it for you so you might spot it, as it is very well hidden, when you order something!
Taxes go to a third party, the importer's country. Neither hardkernel nor DHL can change that. Who is paid those "tarrifs, brokerage fee and related" charges? Another third party? Which one is that? If those charges go to DHL as well, this is a major miscommunication towards the customer.

RomaT
languages_spoken: Russian
ODROIDs: -H2 rev.B, -XU3, -XU4, -C1, -C2, -W, -VU, CloudShell

Unread post by RomaT » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:22 pm

For example, in my country, goods up to 200USD are not subject to duties. And today I received a parcel from Hardkernel without additional charges.
so I think that they have nothing to do with additional fees ...

By the way, I had two RTC batteries in the package - is this a fortuity or is one supplied with the board?

powerful owl

Unread post by powerful owl » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:17 pm

dlu wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:47 pm
If those charges go to DHL as well, this is a major miscommunication towards the customer.
The HK shop will just be using the data DHL provides. Frankly, I think some of you guys are completely unreasonable to HK, how are they supposed to know what the local importation agents charge?

marco44

Unread post by marco44 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Oh, no, I don't have anything against HK as far as I'm concerned. Only against DHL telling me "pay us 20€ or else" last week. I have had quite a few imports over the years, and usually they go through customs without notice, as like this they are quite small, or the customs contacting me directly if they decide to tax me. I'm not used to having the transporter systematically forcing my hand. Anyway it's minor, got my H2, and it's flying. I'll just be more cautious next time I see DHL as a transporter when doing a purchase and try to use any other transporter.

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Unread post by meveric » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:00 pm

marco44 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:42 pm
Oh, no, I don't have anything against HK as far as I'm concerned. Only against DHL telling me "pay us 20€ or else" last week. I have had quite a few imports over the years, and usually they go through customs without notice, as like this they are quite small, or the customs contacting me directly if they decide to tax me. I'm not used to having the transporter systematically forcing my hand. Anyway it's minor, got my H2, and it's flying. I'll just be more cautious next time I see DHL as a transporter when doing a purchase and try to use any other transporter.
I agree, the fee for DHL is quite annoying, especially if you have small orders, paying 5€ in tax but 20€ in fee, doesn't feel right, but that's what they charge you.
On the other hand, there's normally a sum which is "free" to import without taxes (here it's quite low 20€) and as long as you don't exceed that value, you don't have to pay taxes and that is when DHL processes the packages without a fee.
More interesting, if you receive parcels without a content list, from someone without having a value printed on.
In that case you can get "lucky" if tax office doesn't check the parcel it goes through, no taxes, no import fee, but if your parcel is being picked for an inspection, you pay both and sometimes have to deal with tax office, declaring prices, providing invoice and all that stuff.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:40 pm

Nobody is using DHL for cheap products and the way DHL charges a person is different than what it charges a company or an individual that DHL has an agreement with. I would have to pay about 10% more based on an order for H2 (complete with almost everything it would need). My largest order was about 300 USD, but back then DHL was charging about 10 EUR. There is EMS and honestly I prefer EMS. DHL is doing its stuff in Bucharest at the Customs office, I do it here locally in the county capital city (sort of speak). Shipping to a smaller town or a town that is out of the major distribution list would also increase the shipping cost.

Just as marco44 said, sometimes they are going with "pay the fee or else we do not deliver the package". I know for sure a guy that wanted to do the Customs declarations by himself to avoid paying DHL and the shipment was delayed 2 weeks, mostly because of DHL, because they would not accept his papers. They also had the nerve to ask money for keeping the package in their storage area. I also know of a guy that ordered a OnePlus from Europe specifically so he can get it fast and without having to pay taxed and DHL wanted to charge him with taxes and the 21 EUR fee. They even had the nerve to ask for an import to be done on a company and not not a person. I have had a lot of dealing with DHL and I honestly have had enough.

They are taking advantage of the position they are in and they are usually screwing with customers, because sellers usually do not hear about this. Sorry for the long posts, but maybe it will give us a little more flexibility in the future (regarding shipping).

SuperMMX

Unread post by SuperMMX » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:43 am

My "table rate" (I confirmed with HK, this is the total shipping fee) to Australia is USD$68.10 for three H2s and some accessories, which is pretty expensive, but it includes the 10% tax. I was shocked when I saw the shipping fee, that was with FedEx.

But what can you do? Nothing but pay it and receive your package. I got my package in about 5 days.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:32 pm

tmihai20 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:40 pm
... DHL sucks ...
I can relate to that, I also had a lot of bad experiences with DHL. Sending package as a private person outside of the country (DE -> US) can easily go as high as 100€ via "air-mail" which they call "express" delivery.
This "express" can range from 3-9 WEEKS, makes you wonder if they fly backwards with a blindfold on and play "Marco-Polo" or whatever. I know they just keep it in storage for all the time until they have a free plane for delivery but it still sucks.
You pay for "fast" delivery and it takes 9 weeks? Image
Fun fact, though "slow" delivery (via ship I guess) only takes 4-6 weeks, and costs much less.
Still I had so many issues with sending privately packages via DHL, it's really not funny. Half of my packages arrived broken, a few went missing and I had to raise search requests, but they know if you go to someone else (UPS for example) you pay more than twice as much (packages start at 200€ -.-) but it would arrive safely a few days later.

3 x H2 in a 3 node vSphere cluster.

Unread post by 127.0.0.1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Australia here, purchased 5 x H2 paid $197AUD for taxes and duty to Fedex. Order and delivery was smooth and quick.

puremind

Unread post by puremind » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 am

powerful owl wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:35 pm
On a more positive note, the H2 is awesome so far :D :D :D
Agreed!

For the Corsair MP510 nvme at 1.7 GBs and 16 GB Ram and flying

djlos44
ODROIDs: Xu3 lite, Xu4, c1, c1+, c2, u2, u3,

Unread post by djlos44 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:07 am

preordered mine from Ameridroid three weeks ago and its already sold out and back in preorder state again and I never even received a email saying they couldn't fill my order or anything. What is going on with Odroid? I have never had these kind of issues with this company and I've bought many SBC's from them in the past. Why are you doing preorders if you can't even fill them?

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:12 am

djlos44 wrote:preordered mine from Ameridroid three weeks ago and its already sold out and back in preorder state again and I never even received a email saying they couldn't fill my order or anything. What is going on with Odroid? I have never had these kind of issues with this company and I've bought many SBC's from them in the past. Why are you doing preorders if you can't even fill them?
Ameridroid isn't Hardkernel, they are an official reseller.

Contact Ameridroid and they can let you know what's going on.

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 pm

I wrote AmeriDroid on Facebook, no reply yet. I also hope that my order will be picked up or at least I get a status for it (if it will be delayed more).

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:55 am

tmihai20 wrote:I wrote AmeriDroid on Facebook, no reply yet. I also hope that my order will be picked up or at least I get a status for it (if it will be delayed more).
I would directly email them.

orders@ameridroid.com

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm

I wrote an email too and I got a reply, fortunately I am in the first wave. I guess they got a lot of orders on H2, this is why they ran out of them again. Knowing that it will come I can rest now :D I feel like in the last round of Forged in Fire and Doug Marcaida tells me "It will cut" (sorry for the offtopic :D)

djlos44
ODROIDs: Xu3 lite, Xu4, c1, c1+, c2, u2, u3,

Unread post by djlos44 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 pm

I got the same generic response... I still think it’s wrong to take preorders if your not going to fill those orders first especially if you already withdrew the $ from my account... everyone who preordered after the 1st batch should have received 1 of the second batch... it doesn’t make sense to take preorders u can’t fill and have the nerve to sell any To people who did not preorder... if you couldn’t fill the preorders then it should have never been available for purchase on there website.. it should have never came out of preorder state... this is why I’m upset how is it available for sale if you can’t fill the preorders... it was on sale for almost 2 weeks before it sold out of the second batch. So it 2 weeks to figure out you could fill the preorders? That seems suspect especially for your most highly anticipated product. I doubt that they were not aware of how many units were coming in vs how many preorders they already had...just saying

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 pm

I doubt AmeriDroid just took preorders when they found out how many H2 they got from HardKernel. In fact I think this is why they stopped taking preorders. I hope AmeriDroid had a mechanism in place so that they would stop taking preorders after the initial wave was already preordered (this would mean that HardKernel told them how many H2 they are sending). If not, then there is a serious lack of communication or lack of a mechanism to ensure that the number of preorders does not exceed the number of actual H2 received. It may also be that H2 is so popular that it sold quicker than anybody else expected, except that this already happened one.

Ameridroid

Unread post by Ameridroid » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 am

When we have confirmation that the product is on its way, we will start to take preorders. If the number of preorders reaches the number that are coming, then we don't allow more preorders until we have more confirmed on the way.

Our system automatically presents the shipping team with the oldest orders first, so that they will get filled ASAP. Orders are always processed in a first-come-first-served manner.

When a product is as popular as the H2, it becomes difficult to meet the expectations of all our customers, unfortunately. But our goal is to handle it in a manner that is as fair as possible.
These users thanked the author Ameridroid for the post:
odroid (Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:17 am)

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:43 pm

Sold Out again.

The next batch will be available in early October.
Please wait around two months patiently since Intel CPU supply chain is still unstable.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

3 x H2 in a 3 node vSphere cluster.

Unread post by 127.0.0.1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:47 am

Congratulation on the H2 success.

Out of interests what was the volume of this latest run?
These users thanked the author 127.0.0.1 for the post:
rmkimathi (Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:55 am)

magnus
ODROIDs: 3 x H2

Unread post by magnus » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Back in stock again for some reason. Ordered 2 before they are out of stock again.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:42 pm

We found around 40 units in the warehouse. Number of inventory in the ERP system was wrong. :o
These users thanked the author odroid for the post (total 2):
tmihai20 (Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 pm) • rmkimathi (Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:54 am)

tmihai20

Unread post by tmihai20 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:21 pm

Man, I am glad I ordered one. I would be royally pissed if I had not. I am even more upset at some big manufacturer that does not want some money rolling in. By the way, how many H2 were in this second lot? There were about 2000 last year if I am not mistaken.

magnus
ODROIDs: 3 x H2

Unread post by magnus » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:46 am

odroid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:42 pm
We found around 40 units in the warehouse. Number of inventory in the ERP system was wrong. :o
If you could find some 16gb ddr4's and some power leds in that big warehouse I would be even happier. :)

Return to “General Topics”