HC2 Questions

Molorius
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1+, C2, GO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

HC2 Questions

Unread post by Molorius » Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 pm

I'm considering buying an HC2 for a small server, but I would like 2 questions answered first:

1. Is btrfs stable on the Hardkernel 4.14 kernel? I would prefer to not have to compile a newer kernel frequently, but I can wait for the next LTS kernel (5.2 is I think the next one).

2. Have there been any problems with a 3.5 inch hard disk drive overheating from the cpu? I will be running, among other things, a small game (minecraft) server on this that frequently gets at least two cores maxed out on a C2 running at 1.7GHz. I've heard the xu4 and variants can get fairly hot, and don't want to reduce the lifespan of my hard drive.

Thanks for any input!

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Re: HC2 Questions

Unread post by tobetter » Thu May 30, 2019 1:00 pm

Molorius wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 pm
I'm considering buying an HC2 for a small server, but I would like 2 questions answered first:

1. Is btrfs stable on the Hardkernel 4.14 kernel? I would prefer to not have to compile a newer kernel frequently, but I can wait for the next LTS kernel (5.2 is I think the next one).

2. Have there been any problems with a 3.5 inch hard disk drive overheating from the cpu? I will be running, among other things, a small game (minecraft) server on this that frequently gets at least two cores maxed out on a C2 running at 1.7GHz. I've heard the xu4 and variants can get fairly hot, and don't want to reduce the lifespan of my hard drive.

Thanks for any input!
FYI,
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=30929
https://advanxer.com/blog/2019/02/odroi ... eat-issue/

Molorius
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1+, C2, GO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HC2 Questions

Unread post by Molorius » Thu May 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks for the links, looks like I'll wait for the H2 then.

Return to “Hardware and peripherals”