[GAMES] Prototype (libGL)

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, N2

[GAMES] Prototype (libGL)

Unread post by meveric » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm

Prototype is an R-Type clone with modern graphics and OpenGL for effects and such.
It's using @ptitSeb's awesome gl4es wrapper to run hardware accelerated on ODROIDs

after the first start you can configure the game manually under $HOME/.prototype/Engine.cfg and set it up to your likings.

I've compiled the game for Debian Jessie and Debian Stretch both armhf and arm64 and it can be installed with:

Code: Select all

apt-get install prototype-odroid
Have fun playing the game :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: [GAMES] Prototype (libGL)

Unread post by odroid » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Awesome graphics!
I hope gl4es will be fully compatible with OpenGL 2.0 APIs in '2018.

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, N2

Unread post by meveric » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Some already work.. Friking Shark looks better in OpenGL 2.0 than 1.x, some other games like oolite (Elite clone) apparently also work with shaders already.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

mrmetech
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mrmetech » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 am

OpenGL 2 for odroid would be awesome

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:30 am

Some OpenGL 2 stuff already works... I can use fs-uae with shaders.
OpenJK works, means multiplayer mode for Jedi Knight Academy (and probably Jedi Knight Outcast as well).
GZDoom OpenGL version for Doom with shader support.
and quite some other programs.
Even them not crashing is already awesome. Where some programs wouldn't even start without OpenGL 2.0 they now work, even if some shaders do not work correctly.

Here some shader at work in Clementine (ProjectM visualizer):
https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/Vid ... .05.28.mp4
captured directly on the ODROID with simple screen recorder

Return to “Games and Emulators”