I've switched camps this time along with the majority of the OpenELEC team to the fork of Freedom distro - LibreELEC
Thanks goes to lrusak, chewitt, gdachs, Raybuntu, cvh, surkovalex, codesnake, owersun, kszaq, Sam Fischer, Noggin and of course all the Kodi developers, especially Koying who's 3D ISO MVC work is now included.
LibreELEC Install Instructions Click Here
LibreELEC SSH password changed to "le" as I'm sick of typing the whole word !!
TIP: Need to wait for a slow Network or UPnP negotiation, then set this:
Kodi > System > LibreELEC Settings > Network > Wait for network before starting Kodi > Enable
Current detailed Audio support list for the C2 listed over HERE on the Kodi forums.
The is NO HiFi Shield Support in this OS, the Kernel code breaks Audio Passthrough and has been removed.
There is only one test version of LE for the HiFi Shield found HERE. No further questions will be answered on the topic.
There is also only minimal support for externally connected hardware, see other C2 Forum threads
LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 NEW:14.June.2016
- Interactive CPU governor now used by default to keep SoC Temperatures down
- MCE compatible remotes should now work out of the box, to revert to a Kodi standard remote.xml map see DIY fix below.
- RTL WiFi drivers in LE reverted to use only the ones in the v3.14 Linux Kernel.
- fixed errant stray Pixel in top left of display screen when playing video
- identified video startup problems for most by setting: System > Audio Output > Keep Audio device alive > OFF
- extra, experimental resolutions added (untested) for connected computer monitors, see HERE
- Alternate 50/60Hz 2160p TV resolution signalling
- Koying's 3D ISO Rips and 3D.MVC.mkv - Playback support added . See shimi2k's testing HERE and infinity85's HERE
- Raybuntu's latest CEC patch to turn HDMI CEC control off completely if you select the disable option in the boot.ini file on the SD card (setenv hdmi_cec "0"). To disable CEC completely you will still have to disable the CEC Adapter in Kodi as well.
Test versions / Bug fixes for - LibreELEC 7.0.2 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - 19.June.2016
- Re-added Davilla's MySQL Kodi GUI configuration settings (found in Services), removing them from advancedsettings.xml
Important Note. Users may need to use DHCP router configs only to get MySQL to work with LE on the C2.
- Changed samba.conf to try and troubleshoot LAN issues, may be releated to the DHCP / MySQL issue above.
See this POST for further details.
- Re-added the LibreELEC packaged RTL Wireless drivers again
- Incorporated a Kernel patch for DVBSKY T330 DVB-C tuner support as supplied by user gogo Thx.
modules enabled with this patch: TUNER_SI2157, DVB_SI2168, DVB_SP2
- reverted back to the previous method of 2160p 50/60Hz TV refresh switching
- Added Ender-Wiggan's RGB color space patch for problematic Philips / Sony TV's with purple video outputs from AML S905's. The boot.ini file will need to be replaced, see EW's post HERE for details.
- 1080p U-boot and Logo to stop numerous refresh switches on boot when using on the test 1080p.boot.img
LibreELEC 7.0.1 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 28.May.2016
- DTS-HD MA/HRA Audio Passthrough now works properly thanks to Mr. afl1
- NVIDIA Moonlight Game Streaming Addon, see HERE for details.
- Auto Paring for PS3 BT Game Controller added + other DualShock BT patches
- Sundtek-mediatv - wait for network fix. LE workaround no longer needed.
- Transmission and rTorrent addons are finally fixed for LE on the C2 and work properly
- Bitbang-SPI, CH341, GPIO IR-Receiver and RTC Shield Kernel modules added in the updated Kernel.
- And finally I did some involved Video Axis arithmetic and fixed the Kodi AML 720/1080p<<--->>2160p Auto Resolution switch, video display sizing problem.
*** Note you cannot view 1080i Interlaced TV without glitches when upscaled into a 2160p mode. There is no 2160i display mode.
>>> Suggestion is to leave the Kodi GUI in a 1080p mode if viewing 1080i broadcast TV and just let Kodi Autoswitch resolutions when it needs to for true 2160p video output.
- Configure any IR remote control to work with LibreELEC HERE
- Add a GPIO IR receiver - by infinity85
Known Issues and Tips
- smooth 23.976fps Interlaced Bluray VC-1 playback is a WIP (Kernel patch needed), 29.97 VC-1 playback is better.
- Select Audio Transcoding to transcode AAC 5.1 audio to AC3 5.1.
- NO HD Audio to Multichannel PCM decoding. 2.0 Audio output only for lossless FLAC, AAC, WAV etc.
- EAC3 (DD+) will not passthrough, select AC3 Transcode.
SSH Login into LibreELEC (use PC Putty program or Terminal App on OSX)
(IP address of C2 can be found on the Kodi > Sysinfo > Network page)
Code: Select all
ssh email@example.com Password - le
Having remote control issues ? >>> revert the custom HK IR Remote control map back to Kodi Jarvis standard:
Copy and paste THIS remote.xml file and save here:
Code: Select all
nano .kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml CTRL-O to save, CTRL-X to exit reboot
See this post HERE
Want to see your current running Kernel .config ?
Code: Select all
cat /proc/config.gz | gunzip | less
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - The Bling update 14.May.2016
- A new AML Hybrid HDMI CEC driver from gdachs and Raybuntu. Better compatibility with a number of problematic TV's, like LG and other HDMI CEC hardware.
You can also turn off LibCEC completely in Kodi and revert back to AMLogic's CEC implementation which emulates a keyboard.
Really excellent work from these two LibreELEC guys !!!!
-->> Kodi > Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter
- Been Cherry picking Koying's GitHub for a nice patch to speedup thumbnail loading when scrolling through long file lists.
- Tweaked the Hardkernel IR remote control for better functionality and usability.
To tweak this further use the Kodi addon called Keymap Editor, found in the Programs addon Repo.
- Backported an important PVR EPG Search fix from Krypton that has been broken in Jarvis for a while.
- Compiled and plugged in the 64bit LE Addons Repository, any missing ones can be found HERE
(hint in Repo page, toggle left and "Check for Updates")
- Patched Hyperion and Boblight & activated the Kernel amvideocap for those DIY Kodi users that like a bit of Flashy Bling !
The DVD ISO Rip - Final Fixer Update 01.May.2016
- I've been wanting to fix this for a very long time. Finally DVD ISO and mpeg2 .vob rips play without issues.
- High quality full motion YADIF x2 Software deinterlacing added, excellent for Interlaced sports DVD's.
- mpeg2, mpeg4 / Xvid Hard / Software decoding options added for remaining problematic file playback.
- a CEC button ms remote control config added to LibCEC to customise and help button press delay and repeat issues.
- Koying's thumbnails cleaner, to cleanup those thumbnail files no longer in the texture database
- Experimental NFS chunk size 1MB patch
The Mini Jarvis - Final Fixer Update 28.Apr.2016
- Hopefully fixed Ethernet connectivity problems when using microSDHC cards
- Dolby Digital / DTS Audio Passthrough is also confirmed to now be working without dropouts.
- HDMI CEC remote control button repeats are quicker
- Skin settings are saved immediately, no more lost settings on Reboot.
- I've managed to get partial 7.1 HD Audio bitstreamed output, see HERE for Noggin's testing.
LibreELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 Final 28.Apr.16
- Changed Refresh/Frame Rate Policies, no more Mini black screen when skipping.
- LibreELEC Addon Repository now available, updated TvHeadend 4.x backend servers.
- Further refinements to S905 video display modes. Users with 4K TV's will need to manually switch to a 2160p display mode first for 4K video playback. Otherwise video plays back in the top left quarter of the 1080p screen.
- Autoswitching 1080p<-->2160p is still a WIP.
- Tweaks to advancedsettings.xml
- Extra USB WiFi and DVB dongles added to the Kernel by HK
LibreELEC 6.95.6 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1rc3 15.Apr.16
- All PVR Clients included
- Popcornmix's Shadertoy - music visualization and screensaver included
- A Boost Centre Channel Audio feature added to make Spoken dialogue clearer when downmixing to 2.0 Audio
- The usual file and GUI navigation speedups from the RPi platform
- Full Pulse8 libCEC HDMI CEC compatibility with Kodi thanks to gdach's and Raybuntu great work.
- The C2's IR receiver is now working, the HK remote control should work out of the box. Kernel patches thx to user Joy
- Cherry picked Owersun's 4K amcodec code and massaged it so you can run the Kodi GUI at 2160p60Hz
- True 2160p video output now possible, not downscaled 2160p > 1080p
- Reverted Kernel commit # 7bf1d5f to hopefully fix Ethernet connectivity and SD cards R/W issues.
- LibreELEC password changed to "le" as I'm sick of typing the whole word !!
- Kodi Dynamic Refresh Switching works, BUT I've had to use experimental Frame Rate Automation Policy 2 with a known issue (see below)
TvHeadend Server Updates: (Install from Zip)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... .0.102.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/276 ... .0.101.zip
LE Archived Releases