Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:14 pm

magic_-free_AndroidTV.jpg
(20.39 KiB) Downloaded 11479 times


Known issues:
In some situations you need mouse connected (e.g. after Setup Wizard you need select default launcher)
If Setup Wizard stuck on "Connecting Google" hit back key and click "Don't Change" for continue.
After Setup Wizard set Settings> Daydream > When to daydream > Never
Pair Bluetooth Devices via Non-TV Settings (App Drawer > Settings > Bluetooth)

"Format userdata" is required

Recommendations:
Bluetooth Module
HDMI-CEC capable TV

Tips:
To set proper HDMI port for CEC enter in terminal

The last number in example (3) is HDMI source number on your TV
e.g HDMI1 = 1, HDMI2 = 2 etc
Code: Select all
setprop persist.hdmi.cec_port 3


To get Bluetooth work comment out this line in build.prop
Code: Select all
config.disable_bluetooth=true


Changes:
Code: Select all
20151028
HDMI-CEC: added LG simplink support.
Setup Wizard Removed.
first build



URL for updater:
Code: Select all
http://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/4412/Android/CM-12.1-ATV/ODROID-U/Alpha-0.2_10.28.15/update.zip
Last edited by voodik on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:27 am

hello, how can I install this rom on my Odroid U3?
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby odroid » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Run the ODROID Updater app and enter the above link from the official Android OS.
Don't forget to format userdata.
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22336
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:00 pm

but which image should I use as my base installation?

Thanks
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby odroid » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:57 pm

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22336
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:49 pm

uhmm.. I've installed the Alpha 4.7 and then updated using the Odroid Updater but after reboot CM initialized, upgraded all my apps but stuck on the Android is upgrading contacts database.

There is any log on sdcard that I can grab to help solving this issue?

I have checked the format user data option

ps: after restart the odroid stays on the CM logo splash screen
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:55 am

ps2: I'm using an sdcard
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby odroid » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 am

Did you check "user data format" option in the Updater UI?
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22336
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:33 am

Well, I checked the option "Format userdata""

The other options are:

"Format FAT"
"Clear uboot env"
and the last one "Update uboot" but it's not selectable
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 am

ps3: the sdcard seems to be unreadable on my mac. I had to format it.

This happens all the 3 times that I tried to install

ps4: I'm using the command sudo dd bs=1m if=android-4.4.4_alpha-4.7-sd_installer-odroidu-20150526.img of=/dev/rdisk1 to flash the image.

ps5: The corrupt disk only occurs after update.
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby memeka » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:53 am

yes it's unreadable but you don't have to format it :)
User avatar
memeka
 
Posts: 3438
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:40 am

memeka wrote:yes it's unreadable but you don't have to format it :)


I had to format it to start the process again as the odroid freezed
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:04 am

here is my log of system_process using android studio

http://pastebin.com/CuAy73HN
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 am

friends.. after trying everything I disconnect my my ethernet cable and I was able to see the welcome screen.

The problem now is that I'm stuck on the select your wifi-network. I dont have a wifi dongle and if I plug my ethernet cable the odroid freezes.

What should I do?


last lines of log after plugin the ethernet cable

08-07 00:03:55.672: D/EthernetNetworkFactory(1757): updateInterface: eth0 link up
08-07 00:03:55.673: I/EthernetNetworkFactory(1757): dhcpThread(+eth0): mNetworkInfo=[type: Ethernet[], state: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED, reason: (unspecified), extra: e6:c3:ca:1e:95:0a, roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: true, isConnectedToProvisioningNetwork: false]
08-07 00:03:57.684: I/auditd(4718): Starting up
08-07 00:03:57.684: E/auditd(4718): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported
08-07 00:03:57.684: I/auditd(4718): Exiting
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:15 pm

I think your kernel not updated, extract it from update.zip and flash it via fastboot.
Check this thread
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13333&p=101675#p98524

Broken FAT partition is only happens with SD Cards, EMMC does not have this issue.
Flash userdata.img via fast boot and before first boot format this partition to FAT32 via PC.

Ethernet only works when you have router with DHCP server enabled.
If you don't have a wifi, boot your odroid without ethernet cable connected, when Welcome screen appears connect your Ethernet cable.
If your ethernet connection brings up Setup Wizard don't stuck on wifi connectivity screen.

But for first update your kernel via fastboot .
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby Hansg91 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:13 am

I think I am having a similar issue, als on an SD card. After updating to CM-12.1 it gets stuck when using an ethernet cable. I remove the ethernet cable, attach wifi dongle (odroid one) and reboot. At this point it does not seem to get out of the CM booting sequence. Through logcat I see this :

D/WifiHW ( 3181): Unable to unload driver module "rtl8192cu": No such file or directory

I'm assuming this is due to the kernel not being updated properly, so I try to do
Code: Select all
adb reboot fastboot
, which seemingly makes it reboot, but
Code: Select all
fastboot devices
never shows any devices (also the blue led is constant on at this point).

That is where I am stuck on at this point, any tips?
Hansg91
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID U2
ODROID U3
ODROID C1

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:23 am

Hansg91 wrote:I think I am having a similar issue, als on an SD card. After updating to CM-12.1 it gets stuck when using an ethernet cable. I remove the ethernet cable, attach wifi dongle (odroid one) and reboot. At this point it does not seem to get out of the CM booting sequence. Through logcat I see this :

D/WifiHW ( 3181): Unable to unload driver module "rtl8192cu": No such file or directory

I'm assuming this is due to the kernel not being updated properly, so I try to do
Code: Select all
adb reboot fastboot
, which seemingly makes it reboot, but
Code: Select all
fastboot devices
never shows any devices (also the blue led is constant on at this point).

That is where I am stuck on at this point, any tips?

Check Windows "Device manager" for new device without driver, and install driver manually
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13333&p=101675#p98586
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby Hansg91 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:42 am

voodik wrote:
Hansg91 wrote:I think I am having a similar issue, als on an SD card. After updating to CM-12.1 it gets stuck when using an ethernet cable. I remove the ethernet cable, attach wifi dongle (odroid one) and reboot. At this point it does not seem to get out of the CM booting sequence. Through logcat I see this :

D/WifiHW ( 3181): Unable to unload driver module "rtl8192cu": No such file or directory

I'm assuming this is due to the kernel not being updated properly, so I try to do
Code: Select all
adb reboot fastboot
, which seemingly makes it reboot, but
Code: Select all
fastboot devices
never shows any devices (also the blue led is constant on at this point).

That is where I am stuck on at this point, any tips?

Check Windows "Device manager" for new device without driver, and install driver manually
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13333&p=101675#p98586


Actually this was on OSX. Are there drivers available for OSX? If I remember correctly I used fastboot mode on my phone a while back, so I assume it is working.
Hansg91
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID U2
ODROID U3
ODROID C1

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:16 am

Hansg91 wrote:
voodik wrote:
Hansg91 wrote:I think I am having a similar issue, als on an SD card. After updating to CM-12.1 it gets stuck when using an ethernet cable. I remove the ethernet cable, attach wifi dongle (odroid one) and reboot. At this point it does not seem to get out of the CM booting sequence. Through logcat I see this :

D/WifiHW ( 3181): Unable to unload driver module "rtl8192cu": No such file or directory

I'm assuming this is due to the kernel not being updated properly, so I try to do
Code: Select all
adb reboot fastboot
, which seemingly makes it reboot, but
Code: Select all
fastboot devices
never shows any devices (also the blue led is constant on at this point).

That is where I am stuck on at this point, any tips?

Check Windows "Device manager" for new device without driver, and install driver manually
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13333&p=101675#p98586


Actually this was on OSX. Are there drivers available for OSX? If I remember correctly I used fastboot mode on my phone a while back, so I assume it is working.



Same here, i'm also using osx and after adb reboot fastboot the odroid got disconnected. fastboot devices is empty and the heartbeat it's constantly blue

Should i update kernel before updating to CM?
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:32 am

I don't have a OSX, connect disconnect microusb cable, check your logs or lsusb for a new hardware.
Or use paralels/vmware ...
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 am

voodik wrote:I don't have a OSX, connect disconnect microusb cable, check your logs or lsusb for a new hardware.
Or use paralels/vmware ...

i'm preparing an old windows 7 pc to check it
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:05 am

and a big thank you for you guys, after flashing the kernel it's working.

Now I have one doubt about the kernel.. why i had to manually update it?
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:18 am

gafrancischini wrote:and a big thank you for you guys, after flashing the kernel it's working.

Now I have one doubt about the kernel.. why i had to manually update it?

I don't know why this happens with some sdcars. Maybe u-boot issue.
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby Hansg91 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:40 am

I have a Windows PC nearby, I'll check it tomorrow. Weird that it doesn't show up on osx though.
Hansg91
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID U2
ODROID U3
ODROID C1

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gafrancischini » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:58 am

Broken FAT partition is only happens with SD Cards, EMMC does not have this issue.
Flash userdata.img via fast boot and before first boot format this partition to FAT32 via PC.


What is the userdata.img?
gafrancischini
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:25 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby g.gregory » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi I have Android TV working using this approach thanks! I'm trying to get CEC working and have configured using the following code as I'm using HDMI input 3 on my LG TV but still no luck.
Code: Select all
 setprop persist.hdmi.cec_port 3


Any tips what to check? I'm unfamilar with Android, used to Linux.

I have had CEC working before when I had XBMC running on Ubuntu.
g.gregory
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:30 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-U3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 am

LG SimpLink support will be available from next version.
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby manuel220 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm sorry, but what are the "features" of this image? whats the difference between this and the other CM 12.1 for U3?
manuel220
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:45 am
languages_spoken: english spanish
ODROIDs: U3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby memeka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:03 pm

manuel220 wrote:I'm sorry, but what are the "features" of this image? whats the difference between this and the other CM 12.1 for U3?


android tv :)

http://www.cnet.com/au/pictures/android ... -pictures/
User avatar
memeka
 
Posts: 3438
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby Leoryk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Good day,

first: thanks for your work with Android TV
second: is there any solution how can i get working google cast? when i enter to settings and click on google cast i get message: Google cast stop working.
Leoryk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 pm
languages_spoken: english; czech
ODROIDs: U2

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby luksol » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Any hope for an X2 version?
luksol
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:01 am
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: X2

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby Leoryk » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:21 am

Can you please help me? I have disabled daydream but after 30 min screen start sleep and hdmi-cec will stop working. I installed some app for always on display but still hdmi-cec stop working when i am not using android tv for a while.
Leoryk
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 pm
languages_spoken: english; czech
ODROIDs: U2

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby mambas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I have this problem:

I flash the latest android 4.4.4 image (alpha 4.5) and it works. If I try to update to android tv it's stuck in bootloop:

I see four Tux penguin logos in the upper left corner of the screen and they keep blinking.

EDIT:
The problem is that it's not flashing the kernel properly. I flashed the kernel with fastboot and it now works properly, but I'm stuck at the startup screen because a WiFi dongle is mandatory. Plugging ethernet cable makes it freeze.
mambas
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 am
languages_spoken: English, Italian
ODROIDs: Odroid-U3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby kemcityboy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Спасибо за данный продукт.
Только у меня на данный момент 2 беды:
1. Онлайн видео тормозит (FullHD, HD, SD, Webdl). Использую FS VideoBox.
2. Не могу выключить заставку.

U3. Alpha 4.7+Android TV CM-12.1
---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for this product.
Only I have at the moment are 2 problems:
1. Online video slow (FullHD, HD, SD, Webdl).
2. I can not turn off the screen saver.

U3. Alpha 4.7 + Android TV CM-12.1
kemcityboy
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: U3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:58 am

mambas wrote:I have this problem:

I flash the latest android 4.4.4 image (alpha 4.5) and it works. If I try to update to android tv it's stuck in bootloop:

I see four Tux penguin logos in the upper left corner of the screen and they keep blinking.

EDIT:
The problem is that it's not flashing the kernel properly. I flashed the kernel with fastboot and it now works properly, but I'm stuck at the startup screen because a WiFi dongle is mandatory. Plugging ethernet cable makes it freeze.

i will disable setup wizard in next build.

I think u use SD card, can you tell me which SD card you use ?
We trying fix SD card updating issues.
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby mambas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:39 pm

voodik wrote:I think u use SD card, can you tell me which SD card you use ?
We trying fix SD card updating issues.


I am using a Samsung 32GB SD, class 10: this one.

I also bought a TP-LINK TL-WN725N (v2.1) WiFi dongle but it's not detected by Android and the list of wireless networks stays empty. :cry:


EDIT: After reflashing the kernel ethernet works, but I'm having another problem with external storage:

/storage/sdcard0 and /storage/sdcard1 aren't mounted and/or the SD isn't partitioned properly.
mambas
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 am
languages_spoken: English, Italian
ODROIDs: Odroid-U3

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby odroid » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:40 pm

If you are using 16/32/64GB of micro-SD card, you must flash this latest official image alpha-5.1 to install Voodik's CM OS.
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... se_android
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22336
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby segator » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:15 am

Hi,

thank you for you rom, it's awesome but have some bugs yet.

-all the GUI have video glitches when you move fastly or scroll
-Kodi have artifacts every second(sync artifacts :S weird an seems video slow, it's possible not using HW decoding?)
-Plex crash after login.


i don't know if someone reported these bugs before.

I hope you can fix it. If you need some help, i want to help!

Thank you for your work!
segator
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:01 am
languages_spoken: english

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby maravic » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:35 am

Hi, do you have problems with CEC? After start everything is working good, but after couple of hours my TV can't find odroid as CEC device. Restart of Odroid helps and CEC is working again.
maravic
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Update:
HDMI-CEC: added LG simplink support.
Setup Wizard Removed.
Some minor fixes.

If you are using 16/32/64GB of micro-SD card, you must flash this latest official image alpha-5.1 to install this CM OS.
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... se_android
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:45 pm

maravic wrote:Hi, do you have problems with CEC? After start everything is working good, but after couple of hours my TV can't find odroid as CEC device. Restart of Odroid helps and CEC is working again.

Can you check is the issue persist in new version ?
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby maravic » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Thx for the new version. Sure, I will try to update my device today. Should I make clean install? format all userdata?
maravic
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby maravic » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:17 pm

voodik wrote:
maravic wrote:Hi, do you have problems with CEC? After start everything is working good, but after couple of hours my TV can't find odroid as CEC device. Restart of Odroid helps and CEC is working again.

Can you check is the issue persist in new version ?


I made the update (without formating the userdata). After about of 10-15 minutes of inactivity controling by CEC stopped working and my TV was unable to find any cec devices (I have Samsung TV wit Anynet+). I set Daydream according to description in first post (Daydream > When to daydream > Never). I was't set type od Daydream (Daydream - none), does it result that the the screen turn off after 10 minutes? Should I set the typo of Daydream (for example clock)?

After update the my system is working worse. I have problem with playing the youtube videos, or the movies with kodi or mx player. The videos (and soundtrack) are tearing and the system, which worked quite fluently befor the update, has moments of "thinking". Formating the userdate wasn't solve these issues.
maravic
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gsus » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:25 am

Thanks for porting, great job.

Have somebody experience with USB DVB-T Receiver?
Gonna be used in my summerhouse and would be nice to watch next soccer EM.
Hope somebody could recommend one which works.

Cheers
Rudi
gsus
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm
languages_spoken: german, english, russian
ODROIDs: U3+

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gsus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 am

Have somebody experience with USB DVB-T Receiver?


I found this post
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=9316&p=111168&hilit=rtl2832u#p111168

Please correct me if i am wrong, Realtek RTL2832U chip runs with CM-12.1 on XU3/XU4!!!
But does it run here with AndroidTV-Version???

I will give a try and reply later...
gsus
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm
languages_spoken: german, english, russian
ODROIDs: U3+

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby n30n » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Hey Voodik,

Thanks for the truly one of a kind build for Odroid U3. Are you going to keep it up to date like XU3/XU4 build or no? I think the only thing it needs is a bit of optimization at this point.

Please let us know

Thanks
n30n
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:57 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-U3 Community Edition

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gsus » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:28 pm

Have somebody experience with USB DVB-T Receiver?


I found on xda how to compile kernel modules for dvb support
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1841759

I edit the script-file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24106229/dvbn7comp
include your kernel source https://github.com/voodik/android_kernel_hardkernel_odroidu
and default config with "odroidu_android_defconfig"

I miss dvb_usb_rtl2832u.ko and copied instead the precompiled on from another kernel, only to test what happens

Copied the other compiled .ko-files and run "sh startdvb", but dmesg shows
    dvb_usb: version magic '3.0.51-12.1_4412 ...' sould be '3.0.51 ....'
    dvb_usb_rtl2832u: version magic '3.1.10...' sould be '3.0.51'


Would be glad for some tips to get it work.
Maybe i used wrong kernel source, toolchain or default config

And what about missing dvb_usb_rtl2832u.ko?
Could i write it into the default config file?
CONFIG_DVB_USB_RTL2832U=m\

Please let me know what i am missing or doing wrong

Happy new year
Cheers
gsus
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm
languages_spoken: german, english, russian
ODROIDs: U3+

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby voodik » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:33 am

You need to push all new compilled modules and also flash new zimage.
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Android TV CM-12.1 for ODROID-U3

Unread postby gsus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:15 am

Hi Voodik,

nothing compiled something before :geek: hope you have patience with me

Download the kernel source https://github.com/voodik/android_kernel_hardkernel_odroidu
and "make menuconfig"

Like I understood, Realtek 2832U isn´t selectable and is not supported in 3.0.51
On github i found a driver for kernel 3.0.0/3.1.0/3.2.0 https://github.com/ambrosa/DVB-Realtek-RTL2832U-2.2.2-10tuner-mod_kernel-3.0.0

Read many articles about and get not smarter about.
Don´t know what´s the right way to begin.

Hope you could help me getting DVB work.
gsus
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm
languages_spoken: german, english, russian
ODROIDs: U3+


Return to Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest