setup-odroid

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

setup-odroid

Unread postby andrewufrank » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:45 am

I used the setup-odroid which comes with Debian-Stretch-1.0~RC2-20180403-XU3-XU4 and immediately after update - upgrade I used setup-odroid (because I experience the 'card stuck in ...' error). It runs to completion, but the /boot/boot.ini is not correctly set:
it contains

setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID= rootwait ro fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0"

with nothing set for the UUID.
in consequence the system does not start again.

(suggestion- it would be simpler for debugging if not a LVM but just the partition would be used, then the correct UUID would be accessible with blkid)
andrewufrank

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4

Re: setup-odroid

Unread postby meveric » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:45 pm

The latest version of setup-odroid uses /dev/mapper/hdd-root instead of UUID, but you have to update the system first before you use it.
Code: Select all
apt update && apt upgrade && apt dist-upgrade

Although the bigger question is why UUID is completely empty it might have encountered another issue, probably the process did not work at all (already existing partitions or something like that).

Using standard ext4 partition has other drawbacks.. for example that you can not change the partition size on the fly, that's why I opted for LVM instead.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Return to Issues