Boot failure

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Boot failure

Unread postby SamSpade » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:21 pm

I bought an HC2 about a month ago. It worked well except that the file system occasionally changed to read-only. When this would occur, I just forced the system back to read-write and it seemed to work again.

Then, about a week ago, my router no longer detected the unit. As it detects other clients on the same hub, I suspect the HC2 is no longer communicating.

I tried several clean flashes of several different SD cards along with several reformats of the hard drive, but to no avail. When I power-up a newly-flashed card, the red LED comes on and stay son. The blue also comes on for about a second, then goes out, stays out a minute or so, then does two double-flashes, about one second apart, then goes off for good. The green initially comes on, but eventually goes out.

I used the default application on Ubuntu 16.04 to do some of the flashes, as well as Etcher on others. I have used files from several sources, including https://sourceforge.net/projects/openme ... z/download. All produced the same result.

At this stage, I am about to conclude that the hardware has failed and send the unit back for replacement. However, as I am new at this, before I take that action, I want to know if anyone in the community has had simulator problems and, if so, what they were caused by.

Thank you.
SamSpade

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: HC2

Re: Boot failure

Unread postby odroid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Did you wait enough time(up to 20 minutes) to complete the OMV self-initialization job in the first boot process?
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/soft ... _omv_image

Which power supply do you use?
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby SamSpade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 pm

The boots that worked for me (the earlier ones) took only a few minutes to come on line, so I used that as a base when deciding if a problem had occured. I waited only minutes on my first boot attempt failures, but the time per try increased with each attempt. My last attempt is still in process, after four days of waiting.
SamSpade

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: HC2

Unread postby odroid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 pm

~10 minutes should be enough.

Which power supply do you use?
What happens if you boot without HDD?
How are the red and blue LEDs?
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English