ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:34 pm

The image is correct, although I hope to upload a new image soon with a few more updates.
Still from what I remember the Kernel for this image already includes the changes for orange eMMC cards.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby seppx » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:14 am

Hello,
How you can EXIT GAME whit Controller ONLY KEYBOARD (ESC) (My Controller is GameSir) ???

can i help me.

in German
Hallo, wie komme ich aus dem spiel ohne tastatur(ESC)
gibt es eine Anleitung ???

DANKE
THAKS for help
seppx

languages_spoken: german

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 am

seppx wrote:Hello,
How you can EXIT GAME whit Controller ONLY KEYBOARD (ESC) (My Controller is GameSir) ???

can i help me.

If you hit the left analog stick it should exit.
But that should change in a little bit.
I'm currently updating all the configurations for controllers to use a similar layout like RetroPi.
I hope to upload this soon together with some extra tools and changes.

seppx wrote:in German
Hallo, wie komme ich aus dem spiel ohne tastatur(ESC)
gibt es eine Anleitung ???

DANKE
THAKS for help

Normalerweise sollte er den emulator beenden wenn Du die den linken analog stick pressen tust.
Aber bin mir nicht ganz sicher ob das mit dem GameSir G3w funktioniert, am besten funktioniert es mit XBox 360 controllers.
Abgesehen davon will ich in den nächsten Tagen ein update hochladen was dann eine ähnliche Belegung wie bei RetroPi hat (sprich Du kannst dann mit Select + Start den Emulator beenden).
Aber das werde ich dann noch ankündigen wenn es soweit ist.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

Unread postby erick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 pm

meveric wrote:The image is correct, although I hope to upload a new image soon with a few more updates.
Still from what I remember the Kernel for this image already includes the changes for orange eMMC cards.

Understood, I followed the steps to perform an eMMC Boot recovery and successfully confirmed Android 4.4 booted up on the XU4.

I then used the USB 3.0 Transcend microSD adapter with the eMMC-microSD card adapter to flash the uncompressed image onto the eMMC card. Nonetheless, the results were the same as before with a blank screen and the fan eventually turning off (after a restart).

From the odroid wiki, I've read the following...
If you want to use the Orange eMMC with XU4 platforms stably, the Kernel version must be higher than 4.9.58 or 4.14.6. - Reference Chart

Am I out of options with trying to successfully install/boot OGST from the orange eMMC card?

It seems odd that HardKernel would sell/provide eMMC cards that can't be properly imaged with prior OS versions.
erick

languages_spoken: Ingles
ODROIDs: UX4

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Well as you can see from the Reference Chart my image is listed there as it was tested with the orange cards and found working.
So I wonder why it suddenly shouldn't be working anymore.
In fact I currently run my system off a orange eMMC as well without having any issue.
meveric

Unread postby erick » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 am

Are there other steps I should follow to ensure the image works with the orange eMMC card?

I imagine performing the boot recovery should help ensure the card is partitioned correctly; and then simply using Etcher to burn the OGST image?
erick

languages_spoken: Ingles
ODROIDs: UX4

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 am

There are two parts that "might" be involved.. one is the Kernel which should be fine, the other is the uboot.
Later should be fine with the eMMC recovery but to be honest I don't even know if a special uboot is required for the image to work, or if the Kernel is all that's needed.
I already started working on the new image, and although I don't have all the changes on it that I want, it should be enough for a new version, so I'm gonna upload the new version today which should be available later tonight or tomorrow.
Still I'm not sure if that will change anything, but probably worth a try.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Update:
I've just uploaded a new image with some minor changes.

• first boot should be a lot faster than before, no longer waiting several minutes for the first reboot
  • installed all updates up to today (2018-06-19)
    includes changes for OGST Console Kit which can now directly activated from within "Setup ODROID GameStation Turbo" on the desktop
    It should also make sure the first update of the image doesn't take "forever" anymore.
  • added new controller hotkey mapping for retroarch similar to RetroPi
    Code: Select all
    - Hotkey                        -> SELECT
    - Exit                          -> SELECT + START
    - Save                          -> SELECT + Right Shoulder
    - Load                          -> SELECT + Left Shoulder
    - Next Save State Slot          -> SELECT + Right
    - Previous Save State Slot      -> SELECT + Left
    - Menu                          -> SELECT + X
    - Reset                         -> SELECT + B
    - Eject/Insert Disk             -> SELECT + R3
    - Next Disk                     -> SELECT + R2
    - Previous Disk                 -> SELECT + L2
  • added an option to "Setup ODROID GameStation Turbo" to add your controller in case it is not known to retroarch.
  • several minor bugfixes and improvements
    Please Check: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5908&start=450 and following pages for infos about latest updates

All updates are also available as "updates" if you already have an image up and running you only need to do a system upgrade and don't need to flash a new image.
meveric

Unread postby gounthar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Great, thanks, I will give it a try next week-end.
gounthar

languages_spoken: french

Previous

Return to OGST-XU4