XU4 : Kodi, VDR, TV Stick

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

XU4 : Kodi, VDR, TV Stick

Unread postby mipi » Wed May 18, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi,

this my first post here, please be gentle with me ... :D

Came over to the XU4 while recognising, that Kodi, LiveTV and pssst ... a OSCAM-Server is a little to much for a Raspi ... got flickers and stops, it seems it needs more power ...

So I tried to start over to the XU4, realising that there are some hazzles too:

• when trying to find a suiteable installation image I found only 6.02 Openelec, right or is there a better source?
  • after installing i found no VDR (and OSCAM) in the repo, am i blind or is there a Trick? Tried to install the inofficial Repo but this didn't help to much.
  • When switching over to tvheadend i could'nt find my TV-Stick (pctv 292e). dmesg also reports nothin. I tried to copy the firmware to /lib/firmware but it is read-only. Found a hint that I could create /storage/.config/firmware/ and leave the fw there ... not functioning ...

Are these problems issues of the distribution? Any comments on that ...

Thank you in advance ...

Micha
mipi

languages_spoken: german, english

Re: XU4 : Kodi, VDR, TV Stick

Unread postby meveric » Thu May 19, 2016 2:44 pm

I got myself one of these: http://www.amazon.de/Edision-Optimuss-D ... ords=DVB-C
It's a DVBSky compatible TV-Stick and I use it on my images.
I use TVHeadend as a backend and Kodi with TVHeadend PVR client as a frontend.
Watching TV and recording works flawlessly, but I found it's better to run the backend on one ODROID and watch on another. Running both on the same machine can cause issues.

You have to make sure your TV-Stick is supported by the Kernel, or else it won't work and won't be found on tvheadend.

I personally use DVB-C but the stick doesn't seem to find the ProSiebenSat1. group but I heard that's a common issue :(
besides that everything works fine I can watch and record HD content, check out teletext, whatever I want.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby fleixi » Mon May 23, 2016 1:31 am

I use this TV-Stick http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Stic ... logTV.html with use a userspace driver with is avable for many linux-platforms (x86,amd64,mips,arm). It is closed source but it is the only stick i have found so far with have no issues on arm devices.

I also use it on two devices (mips router with the stick and tvheadend and arm Xu-4 with kodi) without any problems. Tvheadend and oscam work without problems together
It chould work on one device but on the old XU it isnt working correctly.

PS: this stick is finding ALL german channels with vodafone dvb-c
fleixi

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: XU

Unread postby anil » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Hi @flexi...
can you pls help me installaling an app Kaffeine or similar one..
I have sundtek uSB stick and i'm struggling to install an app to watch TV

pls help
(NOTE: my XU4 is running with Ubuntu 18.04)
anil

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Return to Projects