ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC for XU3/XU4

Unread postby odroid » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:17 pm

You have to run it as administrator.
BTW, it is too much out of topic.
Please open a new topic in XU4 General Chat sub-forum.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby Jawbraeka » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

omfg.. Now, it says the card is read only..
Jawbraeka

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Unread postby Marco22 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 am

Hi!
I have a problem with my PS3 controller. It's possible to connect them to my XU4, but it scrolls through the menu by itself. What can I do?
Marco22

languages_spoken: english,german

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:31 am

If you're talking about Kodi you can try the following:

~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ps3_be_still.xml

with Code as below:
<keymap>
<global>
<joystick name="/Sony PLAYSTATION\(R\)3 Controller.*">
<axis trigger="true" rest="-32768" id="13">noop</axis>
<axis trigger="true" rest="-32768" id="14">noop</axis>
</joystick>
</global>
</keymap>

Not sure if it works though, haven't had time to test it yet.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby Marco22 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 am

Wow, thank you very much. It works
Marco22

languages_spoken: english,german

Unread postby elementalwindx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:42 am

meveric wrote:already available for a couple of months: viewtopic.php?p=191780#p191780

Wait...uh...what? I thought I just read you didn't make a method to upgrade to the newest kernel and it couldn't play 1080 or something? Or are you saying there is a way to install the newest kodi onto the old kernel?
elementalwindx

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:50 pm

elementalwindx wrote:Wait...uh...what? I thought I just read you didn't make a method to upgrade to the newest kernel and it couldn't play 1080 or something?

Nope I have the new Kernel 4.9 as well.
First I offered only manual updates: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/kernel/XU3/4.9.x/ but when I realized some of the issues with the Kernel 4.9 won't be fixed anytime soon, but still there are some people that what to use it, I came up with a way to switch from 3.10 easily to 4.9 and put the packages in my repository: viewtopic.php?p=194126#p194126

But yes, it has the issues with 1080p video playback (and some other things) that's why I don't use Kernel 4.9 as the default Kernel such as HK does, cause I like my fully working 1080p videos, and other things, so I want to stick with Kernel 3.10 for now.
Still you CAN install Kernel 4.9 if you want to.

elementalwindx wrote:Or are you saying there is a way to install the newest kodi onto the old kernel?

Kodi and Kernel are not related. You can install the newest version of Kodi on the 3.10 Kernel and yes then 1080p videos work fine as well.
The new version of Kodi just has many many dependencies, some of them did not exist on Debian Jessie and I had to backport them, but some of them were actually breaking other packages from Debian Jessie, so I had to do a some workarounds to get Kodi 17.x to work on Debian Jessie, without breaking the rest of the image. So once again, I don't trust the new version of Kodi due to some issues with it, and I decided not to overwrite Kodi 16 with Kodi 17 but made it so that everyone can choose.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Unread postby lukethor » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 am

What about this article about KODI

illegal add-ons for Kodi

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 09306.html
lukethor

ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:08 pm

what about it?
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Phoenixkonsole

ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby meveric » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Not 100% sure, but it's worth a try. Rasbian is based on Debian Jessie as well, so generally the same packages should work here as well. It's probably best to uninstall chromium from this image first.
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:20 am

It was build using libraspberrypi0 so the deb doesn't work

We need to build chromium with widewine support.
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 am

I get it that far that Netflix doesn't moan about the Browser.
IT also tries to load a movie. So the the red loading circle appears but then I get a "Hoppla irgendwas ist schief gelaufen" :)
Möp

I have downloaded different chromeOS isos and have build some older versions of Chromium which have been marked as working .. 51.x and so on on.
I give it up.
50€ if someone manages it ; )
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby fnkngrv » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 pm

I do have to apologize for asking, but I have been trying to follow this thread however there is so much information that it is a bit overwhelming. I am looking to buy an XU4 and see that it comes with an 8gb emmc. Is that large enough for the base image and then I can put all games/media on an ext HDD? Thanks in advance for all the hard work. I have been working with Rasp Pis for the last year and am ready to take the plunge on something new!
fnkngrv

ODROIDs: none yet...looking to pick up XU4

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 pm

fnkngrv wrote:I am looking to buy an XU4 and see that it comes with an 8gb emmc.

Where have you seen this? Normally it comes without eMMC module.

fnkngrv wrote:Is that large enough for the base image and then I can put all games/media on an ext HDD?

Yes 8GB is enough. The image requires slightly over 4GB.
On the first page there is a info how to use HDDs for the ROMs.
meveric

Unread postby fnkngrv » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:19 am

meveric wrote:
fnkngrv wrote:I am looking to buy an XU4 and see that it comes with an 8gb emmc.

Where have you seen this? Normally it comes without eMMC module.

The listing that I was viewing on Amazon was showing an 8gb EMMC coming with it last evening however now it has changed. 8-)
fnkngrv

ODROIDs: none yet...looking to pick up XU4

Previous

Return to Projects