ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with XBMC for XU3/XU4

Unread postby odroid » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:17 pm

You have to run it as administrator.
BTW, it is too much out of topic.
Please open a new topic in XU4 General Chat sub-forum.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby Jawbraeka » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

omfg.. Now, it says the card is read only..
Jawbraeka

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Unread postby Marco22 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:26 am

Hi!
I have a problem with my PS3 controller. It's possible to connect them to my XU4, but it scrolls through the menu by itself. What can I do?
Marco22

languages_spoken: english,german

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:31 am

If you're talking about Kodi you can try the following:

~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ps3_be_still.xml

with Code as below:
<keymap>
<global>
<joystick name="/Sony PLAYSTATION\(R\)3 Controller.*">
<axis trigger="true" rest="-32768" id="13">noop</axis>
<axis trigger="true" rest="-32768" id="14">noop</axis>
</joystick>
</global>
</keymap>

Not sure if it works though, haven't had time to test it yet.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby Marco22 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 am

Wow, thank you very much. It works
Marco22

languages_spoken: english,german

Unread postby elementalwindx » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:42 am

meveric wrote:already available for a couple of months: viewtopic.php?p=191780#p191780

Wait...uh...what? I thought I just read you didn't make a method to upgrade to the newest kernel and it couldn't play 1080 or something? Or are you saying there is a way to install the newest kodi onto the old kernel?
elementalwindx

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:50 pm

elementalwindx wrote:Wait...uh...what? I thought I just read you didn't make a method to upgrade to the newest kernel and it couldn't play 1080 or something?

Nope I have the new Kernel 4.9 as well.
First I offered only manual updates: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/kernel/XU3/4.9.x/ but when I realized some of the issues with the Kernel 4.9 won't be fixed anytime soon, but still there are some people that what to use it, I came up with a way to switch from 3.10 easily to 4.9 and put the packages in my repository: viewtopic.php?p=194126#p194126

But yes, it has the issues with 1080p video playback (and some other things) that's why I don't use Kernel 4.9 as the default Kernel such as HK does, cause I like my fully working 1080p videos, and other things, so I want to stick with Kernel 3.10 for now.
Still you CAN install Kernel 4.9 if you want to.

elementalwindx wrote:Or are you saying there is a way to install the newest kodi onto the old kernel?

Kodi and Kernel are not related. You can install the newest version of Kodi on the 3.10 Kernel and yes then 1080p videos work fine as well.
The new version of Kodi just has many many dependencies, some of them did not exist on Debian Jessie and I had to backport them, but some of them were actually breaking other packages from Debian Jessie, so I had to do a some workarounds to get Kodi 17.x to work on Debian Jessie, without breaking the rest of the image. So once again, I don't trust the new version of Kodi due to some issues with it, and I decided not to overwrite Kodi 16 with Kodi 17 but made it so that everyone can choose.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Unread postby lukethor » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 am

What about this article about KODI

illegal add-ons for Kodi

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 09306.html
lukethor

ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:08 pm

what about it?
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Phoenixkonsole

ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby meveric » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Not 100% sure, but it's worth a try. Rasbian is based on Debian Jessie as well, so generally the same packages should work here as well. It's probably best to uninstall chromium from this image first.
meveric

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:20 am

It was build using libraspberrypi0 so the deb doesn't work

We need to build chromium with widewine support.
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby Phoenixkonsole » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 am

I get it that far that Netflix doesn't moan about the Browser.
IT also tries to load a movie. So the the red loading circle appears but then I get a "Hoppla irgendwas ist schief gelaufen" :)
Möp

I have downloaded different chromeOS isos and have build some older versions of Chromium which have been marked as working .. 51.x and so on on.
I give it up.
50€ if someone manages it ; )
Phoenixkonsole

Unread postby fnkngrv » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 pm

I do have to apologize for asking, but I have been trying to follow this thread however there is so much information that it is a bit overwhelming. I am looking to buy an XU4 and see that it comes with an 8gb emmc. Is that large enough for the base image and then I can put all games/media on an ext HDD? Thanks in advance for all the hard work. I have been working with Rasp Pis for the last year and am ready to take the plunge on something new!
fnkngrv

ODROIDs: none yet...looking to pick up XU4

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 pm

fnkngrv wrote:I am looking to buy an XU4 and see that it comes with an 8gb emmc.

Where have you seen this? Normally it comes without eMMC module.

fnkngrv wrote:Is that large enough for the base image and then I can put all games/media on an ext HDD?

Yes 8GB is enough. The image requires slightly over 4GB.
On the first page there is a info how to use HDDs for the ROMs.
meveric

Unread postby fnkngrv » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:19 am

meveric wrote:
fnkngrv wrote:I am looking to buy an XU4 and see that it comes with an 8gb emmc.

Where have you seen this? Normally it comes without eMMC module.

The listing that I was viewing on Amazon was showing an 8gb EMMC coming with it last evening however now it has changed. 8-)
fnkngrv

Unread postby AkiraSensei » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:54 am

Hi Maverick,

I'm half done setting up my XU4, however, I am facing a problem that I think installing TightVNC Server messed things up. The Setup ODROID GameStation Turbo doesn't want to load up. It just loads up the terminal where I input my password on, but then the terminal disappears. My guess is that there must be a permission issue? When I installed TightVNC Server, I get to the Debian 8 logon screen but I get through a loop no matter what password I do. I fixed that problem with the help from this site:

http://www.linuxslaves.com/2016/05/3-wa ... -loop.html

However, like I've mentioned, the Setup ODROID app on the desktop doesn't work anymore. My password is still the default "odroid". In fact, I wanted to change my password through Setup ODROID.

I'm new to Linux, so I don't want to mess things up and re-install GameStation for the 5th time now (due to other problems I've faced). Sorry for the inconvenience. ^ ^;;
AkiraSensei

Unread postby meveric » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:22 am

I'm a little confused what exactly is your issue.
The setup-ogst tool uses the password of the root user.
You can open a terminal on the desktop and type su - if you can login there as root then the setup tool should work as well.
IF you can login as root, you can also start the setup tool as root manually by typing setup-ogst.

If you have any other issue please let me know.
Also I'm using "vino" for this image for remote access and normally I have way less issues than with TightVNC or other VNC servers.
meveric

Unread postby AkiraSensei » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:33 am

I'll elaborate. The Setup OGST won't load. It will only load the terminal where it asks for my password. Both root and odroid users are still on default password ("odroid"). However, the terminal just closes (as it should) but the setup app won't run at all.

I tried your suggestion by typing
Code: Select all
su -
and then
setup-ogst
but it still won't load up (yes, I am able to login as root). It's as though it doesn't exist anymore. I'm sure this happened when I installed TightVNC server. When I installed that, I had trouble logging in, so I was in the Debian 8 login in a loop whenever I'd tried to login. And so, I had do
chown root:root .Xauthority
to fix my issue. I can login and install things just fine.

When I tried your suggestion, I get "-su: setup-ogst: command not found". Oh, and I've tried in and outside VNC. Same thing.

Dang, too late to install this vino app now, I suppose. :/
AkiraSensei

Unread postby meveric » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:55 pm

AkiraSensei wrote:I'll elaborate. The Setup OGST won't load. It will only load the terminal where it asks for my password. Both root and odroid users are still on default password ("odroid"). However, the terminal just closes (as it should) but the setup app won't run at all.

I tried your suggestion by typing
su -
and then
setup-ogst
but it still won't load up (yes, I am able to login as root). It's as though it doesn't exist anymore.

So the output is something like command not found? Or is it another error?
If it's not found you can reinstall it with:
apt-get install --reinstall setup-ogst-odroid

AkiraSensei wrote:I'm sure this happened when I installed TightVNC server. When I installed that, I had trouble logging in, so I was in the Debian 8 login in a loop whenever I'd tried to login. And so, I had do
chown root:root .Xauthority
to fix my issue. I can login and install things just fine.

That sounds more like it would break something. If the file belonged to "odroid" giving it to root, could cause the system to stop working.
I think you run TightVNC with the wrong user and therefore caused an issues.

AkiraSensei wrote:When I tried your suggestion, I get "-su: setup-ogst: command not found". Oh, and I've tried in and outside VNC. Same thing.

Dang, too late to install this vino app now, I suppose. :/

let's try fixing one thing after another.. try reinstaling setup-ogst-odroid first.
meveric

Unread postby AkiraSensei » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 am

Fantastic! Reinstalling it worked! I've also noticed that the Kodi icon is back (it had turned to a white icon before, but I do not know if it was working or not since I don't plan on using it).

I didn't have to reinstall TightVNC either or anything. I can connect just fine. I may have to check out Vino since it's kind of annoying having to 'sudo pkill vncserver' all the time to have TightVNC to work, though.

Thanks for the help!

Oh, by the way, whenever I suspend the SBC, there is no way to turn it back on. Would it be because I'm using a wireless keyboard? Pushing the power button doesn't wake it up either. Just wondering. It's not that important since it will be mostly a NAS.
AkiraSensei

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:29 am

ARM boards don't really support suspend, so it won't work. There's only on or off, not standby.
You can change the CPU governor to ondemand to reduce overall power usage if you want to.
meveric

Unread postby AkiraSensei » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:51 am

Great! I'll do that then. Thanks!

...That only took a minute to adjust. Sweet.
AkiraSensei

Unread postby speedy120581 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Hey Guys,

I just installed the latest build of the image on my XU4 but some is wrong with the Update.

The following packages will be upgraded:
antimicro-odroid firefox-esr gir1.2-soup-2.4 git git-man icedtea-7-jre-jamvm iceweasel libgd3 libraw10 libsoup-gnome2.4-1 libsoup2.4-1 libxml2 linux-headers-3.10.105+ linux-image-3.10.105+ linux-libc-dev openjdk-7-jre
openjdk-7-jre-headless python-libxml2 uboot

this are the packages which it want to install. If I accept the Updates and they are installing, than the XU4 will not boot any more. It will stuck at the bootloader (red light) and nothing happens. So looks like there is some wrong with the uboot what it wants to install ?

Any Ideas on this ?
speedy120581

languages_spoken: german english polish

Unread postby meveric » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:08 pm

hmm.. I'll check on the uboot.. It's the new uboot provided by HardKernel.. I'll check if there's an issue with it later.

Edit:
I found the issue, it was a problem with flashing algorithm, it was flashing the uboot on the wrong location of the eMMC/SD card, and had to be adapted.
Thanks for reporting.
meveric

Unread postby skull » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:52 pm

meveric wrote:hmm.. I'll check on the uboot.. It's the new uboot provided by HardKernel.. I'll check if there's an issue with it later.

Edit:
I found the issue, it was a problem with flashing algorithm, it was flashing the uboot on the wrong location of the eMMC/SD card, and had to be adapted.
Thanks for reporting.

thanks for your work.
One question, is there anything that I can do if I have updated new uboot and now I can not boot odroid again? How can I fix it?

thanks
skull

languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: U2, U3 & XU4

Unread postby speedy120581 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:09 pm

I did not find a other way. Just using the Android Recovery image mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6173 This will delete all content from emmc card.... And after this install OGST again.
speedy120581

Unread postby skull » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:03 pm

speedy120581 wrote:I did not find a other way. Just using the Android Recovery image mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6173 This will delete all content from emmc card.... And after this install OGST again.

I don't want to lose my emmc content, I have a lot of configs there. The problem is in boot partition, isn't it? Can I replace some files to fix it? Or maybe chroot like here viewtopic.php?t=28068&p=200206#p200240

EDIT: I have been able to recover emmc. I have used an sdcard with OGST image to repair boot partition and now emmc boots again.
skull

Unread postby Gburas » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:15 pm

skull wrote:
speedy120581 wrote:I did not find a other way. Just using the Android Recovery image mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6173 This will delete all content from emmc card.... And after this install OGST again.

I don't want to lose my emmc content, I have a lot of configs there. The problem is in boot partition, isn't it? Can I replace some files to fix it? Or maybe chroot like here viewtopic.php?t=28068&p=200206#p200240

EDIT: I have been able to recover emmc. I have used an sdcard with OGST image to repair boot partition and now emmc boots again.

Can you explain step-by-step because I also update the wrong uboot ;/
Gburas

languages_spoken: English, Polish
ODROIDs: Xu4

Unread postby meveric » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:47 pm

my uboot package is altered to scan the output of "mount" for the /boot entry, then determine the UUID for the device and then find out if it's an eMMC or SD card.
So technically if you boot from SD card, unmount /boot and mount /boot again from the eMMC then install uboot again, it should flash the eMMC with the correct uboot.

I haven't tested this yet, but gonna have to do so, since I also crashed one of my ODROIDs with the wrong uboot :D
So I can report back in a couple of hours when I'm at home if this works or not.

In fact if you boot from SD card, it may probably mount eMMC as /boot already, since SD and eMMC will have the same UUID for boot and eMMC probably has higher priority.
So simply booting from a SD card and then updating uboot, could already be all that's needed..

As I said, not tested yet, just speculating as I don't have access to my ODROID right now.
meveric

Unread postby speedy120581 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:10 am

after fixing the uboot I just try to play some Amiga Games. But it looks I`m unlucky today as none of them is working for me. I added those ROMS it requested into the kickstarter folder byut when I start the Games I get only a black or white Screen. Is there some what I`m doing wrong.

I took them from here http://files.swos.eu/amiga/kickroms/

for example: amiga-os-310-cd32.rom

Now its not complaining anymore.... but black or white screen :-(
speedy120581

Unread postby skull » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:41 am

Gburas wrote:
Can you explain step-by-step because I also update the wrong uboot ;/

I flashed OGST on a sdcard and booted odroid from it. emmc also was plugged. Then, as meveric says, /boot partition was from emmc. You have to install meveric fixed uboot package and that's all!
skull

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:03 am

speedy120581 wrote:after fixing the uboot I just try to play some Amiga Games. But it looks I`m unlucky today as none of them is working for me. I added those ROMS it requested into the kickstarter folder byut when I start the Games I get only a black or white Screen. Is there some what I`m doing wrong.

I took them from here http://files.swos.eu/amiga/kickroms/

for example: amiga-os-310-cd32.rom

Now its not complaining anymore.... but black or white screen :-(

well first let's say this link is probably not legal in all countries ;)
second, it's hard to tell what's wrong, notmally Amiga should work fine, I've played a lot of them already.
What games did you try? And how did you start them?

You can try starting them manually from terminal either with amiga-xbmc <ROM>, amiga1200-xbmc <ROM>, or amiga-cd32-xbmc <ROM>.
That way you should see on terminal if there's any issue.. Like missing files or something else it's complaining about.
meveric

Unread postby speedy120581 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:22 pm

meveric wrote:well first let's say this link is probably not legal in all countries ;)
second, it's hard to tell what's wrong, notmally Amiga should work fine, I've played a lot of them already.
What games did you try? And how did you start them?

You can try starting them manually from terminal either with amiga-xbmc <ROM>, amiga1200-xbmc <ROM>, or amiga-cd32-xbmc <ROM>.
That way you should see on terminal if there's any issue.. Like missing files or something else it's complaining about.

thanks for the suggestion. I did not know that this page was legal in all countries (I just searched what the emulator was complaining) but I already forgot about this. I folled your instruction and because of running it from the command line, I figured out whats going wrong. With a little bit Google, I could fix the issue for the Problem.

Thanks again and GREAT work on this Image. I really do love it as it is perfect for playing and Business purpose (smb etc.). GOOD WORK!
speedy120581

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Glad you were able to solve it :)
meveric

Unread postby fnkngrv » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 am

I have to apologize if this is in the wrong section, but how would I be able to move my build to a larger card or to an HDD? I just threw in a 64GB card, but wasn't thinking because I want to test how the board will perform for me with untouched BD rips and the card isn't big enough. Before someone says to stream it across my network I can't do that right now and I want to test native reading from the board. I want to "upgrade" to a 128gb card that I have. Since retropie is built off of rasbian which is a fork of debian can I just do the same thing, take a backup image and then write to the 128? I noticed that during the install OGST expanded the file system. Will it do so again at first boot on the 128 or do I need to do something further?
fnkngrv

Unread postby meveric » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 am

fnkngrv wrote:I have to apologize if this is in the wrong section, but how would I be able to move my build to a larger card or to an HDD? I just threw in a 64GB card, but wasn't thinking because I want to test how the board will perform for me with untouched BD rips and the card isn't big enough. Before someone says to stream it across my network I can't do that right now and I want to test native reading from the board. I want to "upgrade" to a 128gb card that I have. Since retropie is built off of rasbian which is a fork of debian can I just do the same thing, take a backup image and then write to the 128? I noticed that during the install OGST expanded the file system. Will it do so again at first boot on the 128 or do I need to do something further?

on first boot there's a script that is started automatically /root/scripts/first-boot you can start that script manually if you move the OS from a smaller to a larger SD card.
It will change SSH keys, and Network adapter as well, so that could be bothersome in a few cases, aside from that you can start the script as root and the rest should be done automatically.

You can also use an HDD, with the USB 3.0 ports, external HDDs can be used rather fast.
There's even an option in the "Setup ODROID GameStation Turbo" tool on your desktop to move the OS from SD to an HDD, and use this as filesystem for the rootfs.
meveric

Unread postby fnkngrv » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:40 am

great....thanks!
fnkngrv

Unread postby fnkngrv » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 am

I know that with retropie they have had approval from the dev of Drastic for NDS to have it as an installed emulator option. Is this something that could be considered for OGST since it is a much better experience than Desmume?
fnkngrv

Unread postby fnkngrv » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:11 am

So also after running through all the pots with talking to Kodi since it appears that the safe bet is to leave 16.x in place how does one add a controller? I have a USB controller that I want to you however when I go to the keymapping folder there are no files in it. I would be looking to do either a generic USB controller or else an Xbox One S controller with a BT dongle which I still need to purchase once I figure out the best one to go with. I plan on one of my builds to be strictly for media that is on local storage.
fnkngrv

Unread postby meveric » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 am

fnkngrv wrote:I know that with retropie they have had approval from the dev of Drastic for NDS to have it as an installed emulator option. Is this something that could be considered for OGST since it is a much better experience than Desmume?

Drastic is closed source software, means you can't compile it yourself unless the developer chooses to give you the code.
The RPi version is only working on the RPi due to requirements to bcm_host library and function which are unique to the RPi.
We already contacted the developer of Drastic to ask for a general ARM GLESv2 version, but without any results yet. :(

fnkngrv wrote:So also after running through all the pots with talking to Kodi since it appears that the safe bet is to leave 16.x in place how does one add a controller? I have a USB controller that I want to you however when I go to the keymapping folder there are no files in it. I would be looking to do either a generic USB controller or else an Xbox One S controller with a BT dongle which I still need to purchase once I figure out the best one to go with. I plan on one of my builds to be strictly for media that is on local storage.

Most emulators use retroarch and retroarch is configured to use autoconfig for joystick.. so most joystick should work out of the box.
Kodi itself I'm not sure. It has SDL build in which should allow every controller to work but I haven't tried that yet. In worst case you can use "antimicro" (already preinstalled) to map the buttons with keyboard keys in order to emulate keyboard on your gamepad, that should allow you control of nearly everything in Kodi.
If you need a special mapping for Kodi itself, you can simply create your own mapping files under: ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/
compare with: viewtopic.php?p=198924#p198924
meveric

Unread postby cpuchip » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:56 pm

First of all, thanks @meveric for the great gaming image!

A little suggestion for dreamcast support. I've found gamepad mapping utility for reicast (reicast-joyconfig) inoperative by default - the user should install evdev first, which is quite a trick to guess if you are not a python dev.

So, one should add components to the system in order to use reicast-joyconfig:

$ sudo apt-get install python-pip python-dev
$ sudo pip install evdev

Maybe these components should be installed by default? Or, at least, the fact could be mentioned in the documentation.
cpuchip

ODROIDs: xu4

Unread postby meveric » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 pm

I kinda don't like it.. as a Linux sysadmin I have a high reluctance against using pip, it's a big mess and can easily mess up your system.
In worst case it causes non reproducible results since you never know what version of a package you will get using "pip install evdev".

While python is a nice language, I prefer using packages that come from the distro itself and not by unmaintained third-party sources.

I won't install it by default, but I'll add a note on the first page.

Edit:
I decided to port the Ubuntu 14.04 packages for python-evdev and python3-evdev to Debian, and they are now available in my repository.
meveric

Unread postby cpuchip » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 am

thanks!

Another question about fs-uae. After launching it (regardless of config used, CD32 mode, xu4) console output contains:

UAE: Initializing core derived from WinUAE 3300b2
LOG: /home/odroid/Documents/FS-UAE/Cache/Logs/fs-uae.log.txt
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: malformed or no PCI ID
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos
WARNING: SDL_GL_SetSwapInterval(1) failed
WARNING: notify_user msg #2

Looks like fatal error in loading display driver library for me. FS-UAE runs but nothing happens except for black screen and notify_user message. Everything is updated to latest versions.

Any workaround?
cpuchip

ODROIDs: xu4

Unread postby meveric » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:06 am

fs-uae requires OpenGL, ODROIDs don't have OpenGL, but thanks to @ptitSeb we have something called gl4es a wrapper for OpenGL to OpenGL ES.
amiga-xbmc, amiga1200-xbmc and amiga-cd32-xbmc should make sure that the wrapper is loaded before fs-uae is started.
meveric

Unread postby will_santana » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:05 am

Hi, Meverick

Sorry to bother you and feeling kinda lasy about "calling you" but, after no update, software or hardware change the system hung up and after a hard reboot I got kernel panic.

It boots fine with other SD cards I have and other OSs (even an older OGST SD I have). So it's not a hardware issue.

Been doing come research but nothing came up. How do I debug it? Have no USB card reader to plug on odroid and try to read the partition and files on the buggy SD from another OS.

Any hints here?

This os the best "log" I could geral

Thanks in advance.
Will
will_santana

languages_spoken: english, portuguese, spanish

Unread postby meveric » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:05 am

well debugging this seems pretty hard, especially since you don't have access to a card reader.
If you can't access any log files, or exchange any files at all, I doubt there's anything you can do.
It might be a corrupted filesystem and a simple fsck might help, or the Kernel is broken an needs to be replaced, but non of this will work if you can't access the filesytem.
meveric

Unread postby will_santana » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 am

I've managed to READ the files on my Windows notebook but there's nothing there. The sustentável logs até from the last boot on August 30th and core dump os disabled by default :(

I would try a kernel replacement. Where can I get the right one user in OGST?

Thank you so much again.
will_santana

Unread postby meveric » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:10 am

I've prepared the following package: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/XU3/Kernel.tar.gz
It needs to be placed on the SD/eMMC to make it work. Make sure that you place the files under /boot on the bootfs. If you access it via windows, not in the folder /boot of the rootfs.
meveric

Unread postby will_santana » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Sorry if I'm being really dumb, or overzealous, but I've put a lot of work on fine tuning the server.

Here's a print of my bootfs root accessed via windows. There's no /boot there. Nor the lib sybdir.
Should I just expand the gz and put the files there (noticed the same shown in the print are in the /boot of the .tar.gz) or put the tar.gz itself?

Tks
will_santana

PreviousNext

Return to Projects