Aftermarket cooling for XU4

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Aftermarket cooling for XU4

Unread postby mikes » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 pm

I want to buy a XU4 and have it run unthrottled at maximum frequency (I will use this for compiling the linux kernel and other compile tasks for armv7 packages). From reading these forums, it seems that people recommend this heatsink:
GDSTIME Northbridge 40x38x36 and this fan: Noctua NF-A4X10-FLX 5volt.

Am I missing the mark with those product? I have some arctic silver 5 I can use for TIM. Do I need copper shims?
mikes

languages_spoken: english

Re: Aftermarket cooling for XU4

Unread postby phaseshifter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=154&t=30761

have a lok ere i cmpiled kernel`s etc.etc..with this setup ran the board for weeks after that..it is a very good solution and a simple hook up..

just my 20 cents worth
Build It And They Will Come...Be Bold And Mighty Forces Will Come To Your Aid..!!!
phaseshifter

ODROIDs: N-1..c1+ ..c-2..xu3 lite,xu4...u-3..
u-2...other odroid acc`s as well

Re: Aftermarket cooling for XU4

Unread postby phaseshifter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:06 pm

the noctura fan is easier to put on n the blue heatsink just cut the rubber nob`s off the noctura rubbers or cut them at angles like wedges.. it`s rather simple...
..in my op the gold one my be less desired..
although the copper shim`s did both sinks good justice.
.i never ran a shim on mine and i also have the same setup on my U-3 clocked at all cores 2 gig..never missed a beet rarely got over 40 deg`s..

have a look at hominid`s post it`s round here some where..easy to find for the looking..has lots of posts and if`s whats and what happened if i do this etc.etc.
Build It And They Will Come...Be Bold And Mighty Forces Will Come To Your Aid..!!!
phaseshifter

ODROIDs: N-1..c1+ ..c-2..xu3 lite,xu4...u-3..
u-2...other odroid acc`s as well

Return to Hardware and peripherals