Odroid xu4 shutdowns randomly

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Odroid xu4 shutdowns randomly

Unread postby dta800 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 am

Hi,

I am using odroid xu4 for my ros robot project. I didn't even start coding, using stuff that may cause it shutdown, struggle with cpu etc. Even if I just open chromium internet browser, read something from answers.ros it sometimes shutdowns itself. And the interesting part is if I unplug the hdmi cable it starts back again (everything is closed, fresh start) and keeps going too after I plug the hdmi back.

After the shutdown, the fan works for 5 secs than off, than fan repeats sth like this over and over. I am using 5V 4a power adapter from hardkernel, plugged 1 mouse usb, 1 keyboard, 1 joystick and wifi module from hardkernel. If I continue to use this board the mouse and keyboard will be out in my robot but camera, 2 arduinos and a gps module will be connected. If it's about a power issue I'm screwed :D

Ubuntu mate 16.04 is flashed to a 16 gb emmc by the way. I only installed ros and ros drivers for lidar and joystick and that's all. I tried to boot it again from scratch but after 1 day it still shutdowns it self. Btw it shutdowns and when I power it again it seems it keeps going this time. However, last time when it shutdowned I couldn't be able to open desktop again at all. I entered password and it just shows empty wallpaper screen of ubuntu mate, not mouse, not time etc..

I'm going to need this board next week so I would appriciate help a lot. Thanks in advance.
dta800

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4

Re: Odroid xu4 shutdowns randomly

Unread postby odroid » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 am

Which Kernel version do you use? Update it first with the following instruction.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/os_i ... st-upgrade

If you have an oscilloscope, measure the 5Volt rail on the 30pin header to see any sudden voltage drop. It must be stable at 4.8Volt at least.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/hard ... connectors
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Return to Hardware and peripherals