Connect XU4 to CRT TV

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Connect XU4 to CRT TV

Unread postby fnkngrv » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Did a search and not finding info I wish to find. How would someone connect their XU4 to a CRT TV via RCA connections?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
fnkngrv

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4 (3 of them)

Re: Connect XU4 to CRT TV

Unread postby tobetter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:29 pm

fnkngrv wrote:Did a search and not finding info I wish to find. How would someone connect their XU4 to a CRT TV via RCA connections?

There are some converters from HDMI to RCA, I never tried. :)
https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-RCA-Cable-A ... B01KW3MU1G
tobetter

languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Unread postby phaseshifter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 pm

be very carefull when connecting a odroid or any device up to a CRT screen..i am taking a guess but i can bet if it only has composite input then it`s most likely to be 20 odd years old..

CRT screen when old develop faults of a very dangerous nature..i wont go into specific`s but can put very high voltages down through the set in many ways...electrically ..

how ever if you still wish to go ahed what you need is a hdmi to video adapter unit.. just do a web search..."buy an hdmi to composite converter"..that should throw quite some results...
Build It And They Will Come...Be Bold And Mighty Forces Will Come To Your Aid..!!!
phaseshifter

ODROIDs: N-1..c1+ ..c-2..xu3 lite,xu4...u-3..
u-2...other odroid acc`s as well

Unread postby fnkngrv » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:22 am

Yeah, I was kind of hoping there was a hat or something possibly. I have seen a lot of people reviewing the various converter options out there and they all say they are junk. Either audio issues or else the picture is crappy.

I am using my XU4 for retrogaming so had been hoping that I could do something like you can with Raspberry boards via GPIO, etc. Picture quality can be amazing for retrogaming with composite.

fnkngrv

ODROIDs: XU4 (3 of them)

Return to Hardware and peripherals