Possible to buy HC2 board only?

qruze
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, HC2

Possible to buy HC2 board only?

Unread post by qruze » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:47 am

Hi,

One of my HC2 boards has apparently died last night; no lights turn on when plugged in, the power supply is good since other boards run off of it, it's not the power cable either since the board stays off on a known good cable. Conclusion: board is probably dead, so be it, but it seems a bit of a waste to throw out a perfectly good heatsink and ship a new one half way around the world when I really only need to replace the board.

Soooo, I was wondering if it is possible to buy an HC2 board without the heatsink?

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Possible to buy HC2 board only?

Unread post by odroid » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:48 am

We have no plan to sell the HC2 PCB separately. Sorry about that.

Please consider the heatsink price which is around $6.
So total cost difference might be smaller than your estimation.

qruze
ODROIDs: XU4, HC2

Unread post by qruze » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:40 pm

I see, probably not worth it then as you say.

Thanks for the quick reply!

trohn_javolta
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: none (plans for XU4)

Unread post by trohn_javolta » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:54 pm

@OP How long do you have the hc2 now that died?... Seems like a waranty case to me, maybe?
They started selling not very long ago. Really hope this is not considered a normal life span for the hc2.

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am

trohn_javolta wrote:@OP How long do you have the hc2 now that died?... Seems like a waranty case to me, maybe?
They started selling not very long ago. Really hope this is not considered a normal life span for the hc2.
How long do you think the warranty is?

Odroid devices are considered development hardware, the warranty period is short because of the things people may do with them (short gpio pins..etc). Hardkernel isn't the pi foundation, they can't offer a 12 month warranty unfortunately.

trohn_javolta
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: none (plans for XU4)

Unread post by trohn_javolta » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm

rooted wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am
trohn_javolta wrote:@OP How long do you have the hc2 now that died?... Seems like a waranty case to me, maybe?
How long do you think the warranty is?

Odroid devices are considered development hardware, the warranty period is short because of the things people may do with them (short gpio pins..etc). Hardkernel isn't the pi foundation, they can't offer a 12 month warranty unfortunately.
Idk how long the waranty period is. Of course, if one shots pins, plugs in wrong psu, overclocks it too much so it overheats or different stuff to kill it, it's his/her fault and there can't be waranty.
It's hard to know since OP didn't state if some event could case it to die.

On second thought OP might have done sth. to damage the hc2 since with these boards are either doa (in rare cases) or the work fine.

Return to “Hardware and peripherals”