Switching from an eMMC to another eMMC

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Switching from an eMMC to another eMMC

Unread postby alphatauri » Sun May 14, 2017 1:17 pm

hello everyone, this is my first post here. Im very new to this.I bought an Odroid XU-4 last November for embedded computer vision and Robotics using opencv 3.2.0 and ROS. My 16GB eMMC is almost full and i want to migrate to a 64GB eMMC. How can i do this but conserving all my things without setting and installing everything again? ill be waiting for suggestions. Thank you guys.
alphatauri

languages_spoken: english,spanish
ODROIDs: XU-4

Re: Switching from an eMMC to another eMMC

Unread postby phaseshifter » Sun May 14, 2017 1:30 pm

you could rip an image of it then ripp it onto the 64GB chip..then use gparted to resize it..i would however..in the first place ripp an image of it and keep it for safe keeping...
phaseshifter

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: opp sys.. ubuntu .kernel 4.9.xx.xx.c1+ ..c-2..xu3 lite,xu4...vu7,vu8,c-shell -II..c-shel-II,uart,hi-fi ,,hi-fi2,,show,w-board,6x16GB emmc`s 3.5 inch touch...other odroid acc`s as well

Unread postby alphatauri » Sat May 20, 2017 4:27 am

Searching on the Internet for information of "how to" i found a lot of methods but none of these can match my needs or i cant understand them completely (im so noob). Can someone please explain step by step so i can do it and understand it at the same time? im fear of damaging the emmc on the process.
alphatauri

languages_spoken: english,spanish
ODROIDs: XU-4

Unread postby phaseshifter » Sat May 20, 2017 9:31 am

try in this method...

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=26838

it will ripp the image to the directory u r in if you want to put it else where you have to specify a directory
phaseshifter

ODROIDs: opp sys.. ubuntu .kernel 4.9.xx.xx.c1+ ..c-2..xu3 lite,xu4...vu7,vu8,c-shell -II..c-shel-II,uart,hi-fi ,,hi-fi2,,show,w-board,6x16GB emmc`s 3.5 inch touch...other odroid acc`s as well

Unread postby mad_ady » Sat May 20, 2017 3:51 pm

In order to get rid of manual resizing search for odroid-backup script on this forum
mad_ady

ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2

Return to Hardware and peripherals