[OS] Debian Jessie

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie

Unread postby chunkzsta » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 am

Hi there.

First off, thanks for your time and help. you've done an awesome job! hats off to you.

I have installed this on my xu4 with a 16gb emmc.
I have updated everything, dist-upgrade etc, installed the video drivers, kodi, samsung drivers and lxde.
when I try and run kodi:

odroid@odroid-jessie:~$ kodi
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
what(): basic_string::_S_construct null not valid
Aborted

What am I doing wrong?
There's no crash log. I have updated everything and installed the video drivers etc.

Help, please?
chunkzsta

languages_spoken: english

Unread postby meveric » Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am

are you running it as root or as a normal user?
Having a normal user is better, also you need pulse audio to run it.

If you have time and the image is not too important for you yet, could you do me a favor and try something?

Flash a new image, do a full system upgrade and install "setup-odroid" it's the same tool that I use for the C2 image.
With that you should be able to use a menu to install LXDE, and Kodi as well.

If you're lucky it should work out of the box, I haven't had much time for checking, but in theory it should work. Would be nice if you could try it.

You should install LXDE, create a new user and install Kodi.
This can all be done by simply starting "setup-odroid" as root.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby chunkzsta » Fri May 13, 2016 3:33 pm

I tried running both, as a normal user, sudo and root.
Couldn't get it working.
Will try again later though, thanks for your reply.
chunkzsta

Unread postby rooted » Fri May 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Well I have 89 days uptime currently on my headless server, turns out this is an extremely stable minimal installation.

Thanks @meveric

rooted

ODROIDs: C1
C1+
C2
XU3 Lite
XU4
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby meveric » Fri May 20, 2016 8:05 pm

one of the clocks is out of sync ;)
uptime says it's 03:00:43 while your Android says it's 03:05 one of the two is lying or you took a while until you took the picture :D
But glad you found the image stable, that's one of the goals of this image :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby rooted » Sat May 21, 2016 4:43 am

meveric wrote:one of the clocks is out of sync ;)
uptime says it's 03:00:43 while your Android says it's 03:05 one of the two is lying or you took a while until you took the picture :D
But glad you found the image stable, that's one of the goals of this image :)

Probably took that long before I uploaded the screenshot. ;)

It gets a workout too, just happened to be sitting idle when I logged in. I compile, run TVheadend with comskip, and various other things without missing a beat. Although the kernel may need to be updated, doubtful it was security related...It's great when the only reason to reboot is when a kernel update is performed, too bad kexec isn't integrated.
rooted

C1+
C2
XU3 Lite
XU4
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby fleixi » Fri May 27, 2016 12:09 am

I have updated chromium to version 50 and now it is slow like hell. Not Usable anymore. What chould have ent wrong?
fleixi

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: XU

Unread postby meveric » Fri May 27, 2016 12:19 am

Check chrome://gpu and check if MESA or MALI GPU drivers are loaded.

also can you give me the output of the following command:
Code: Select all
apt-cache policy chromium-browser-odroid
meveric

Unread postby fleixi » Fri May 27, 2016 12:53 am

The MESA Driver is been loaded.

chromium-browser-odroid:
Installiert: 50.0.2661.94-3+deb8
Installationskandidat: 50.0.2661.94-3+deb8
Versionstabelle:
*** 50.0.2661.94-3+deb8 0
500 http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/ jessie/main armhf Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Something has gone really wrong. After an reboot kodi and the whole xserver is using MESA too. This chould be repaired with reinstalling the mali-binary but the chromium is still loading the wrong driver.

Saddly i chould not say what i have don else bevor updating chromium what chould lead to this error. I have installed/updated/removed many packages since the last reboot but nothing with mesa included.

So why is the chromium still loading mesa?
fleixi

Unread postby meveric » Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 pm

It's probably only that you're missing the CHROMIUM_FLAGS for EGL:
Please create a config file under /etc/chromium.d/ and past the following line:
exoprt CHROMIUM_FLAGS="$CHROMIUM_FLAGS --use-gl=egl --ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --num-raster-threads=4 --audio-buffer-size=4096"

This should activate EGL support for Chromium.
You probably never had it to begin with, since it's not set by default but it's needed if you want hardware acceleration.
meveric

Unread postby fleixi » Sat May 28, 2016 1:47 am

Thanks a lot. Now it is working. But shouldnt this flag be default if installing chromium with your repository?
fleixi

Unread postby meveric » Sat May 28, 2016 4:59 am

fleixi wrote:Thanks a lot. Now it is working. But shouldnt this flag be default if installing chromium with your repository?

Nope, they are default on my Desktop image, but are not default of the Chromium package. I should add them as a hint on the first post to configure Chromium though.
meveric

Unread postby Gburas » Tue May 31, 2016 8:09 am

when i try to install chromium i get:
gburas@odroid-jessie:~$ sudo apt-get install chromium
sudo: unable to resolve host odroid-jessie
[sudo] password for gburas:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
chromium : Depends: libavcodec-ffmpeg56 (>= 7:2.4) but it is not going to be installed or
libavcodec-ffmpeg-extra56 (>= 7:2.4) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libavformat-ffmpeg56 (>= 7:2.4) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
gburas@odroid-jessie:~$

i`m new to linux, what`s wrong?
Gburas

languages_spoken: English, Polish
ODROIDs: Xu4

Unread postby meveric » Tue May 31, 2016 1:44 pm

currently Debian has broken package dependencies.
Guess I have to fix that myself rather than waiting for Debian to do it.
meveric

Unread postby skull » Tue May 31, 2016 7:44 pm

@meveric one question: is it possible to change ODROBIAN to your OS changing sources.list file? I have a lot of things configured already and I don't want to do it again.
The main problem I have with ODROBIAN is sound issues playing some videos in kodi (23.976 fps with mp3 audio codec).

thanks!
skull

languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: U2, U3 & XU4

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:13 am

skull wrote:@meveric one question: is it possible to change ODROBIAN to your OS changing sources.list file? I have a lot of things configured already and I don't want to do it again.
The main problem I have with ODROBIAN is sound issues playing some videos in kodi (23.976 fps with mp3 audio codec).

thanks!

Not sure depends on how many packages you have installed from Odrobian repository.
There's a lot of manual steps to do, like uninstalling the Kernel removing leftovers.
I can't tell what was changed on the Odrobian image. All his hooks scripts and things like that probably changes a lot of default settings on the image.
So I really can't say what is needed to do.

You are probably better off starting from a clean image but using the Odrobian image as a "lookup" for your settings and such. Means, just copy the config files you need but start from a newly flashed Debian Jessie image.
meveric

Unread postby skull » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:51 pm

meveric wrote:Not sure depends on how many packages you have installed from Odrobian repository.
There's a lot of manual steps to do, like uninstalling the Kernel removing leftovers.
I can't tell what was changed on the Odrobian image. All his hooks scripts and things like that probably changes a lot of default settings on the image.
So I really can't say what is needed to do.

You are probably better off starting from a clean image but using the Odrobian image as a "lookup" for your settings and such. Means, just copy the config files you need but start from a newly flashed Debian Jessie image.

thanks for your answer. I was thinking about starting from a clean image, but I didn't want to install and configure all my stuff again.
Only one more question, in your debian image have you got any problem playing 23.976 fps and mp3 audio codec videos with kodi?
I need a debian server to use it as mediacenter with kodi, nfs file server, owncloud and downloader machine with flexget+transmission and mldonkey. Maybe in the future I will add gamestation if it is possible.

many thanks for your time!!
skull

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:07 pm

skull wrote:Only one more question, in your debian image have you got any problem playing 23.976 fps and mp3 audio codec videos with kodi?

What do you mean with "problems"?
I can't remember any problems on my side. I can test later on and see if there's any issues.
Do you have an example video I can try?
Please describe more in detail what issues you encountered and what I should look out for.
skull wrote:I need a debian server to use it as mediacenter with kodi, nfs file server, owncloud and downloader machine with flexget+transmission and mldonkey.

To be honest, that doesn't match up. A server is a SERVER and not an MediaCenter. I would never install Kodi on a SERVER (or at least woudn't call it a server) sounds like you need a multimedia/entertainment image and not a server image.

Kodi only runs in X11 means you would need a Desktop (that alone means you don't have a server image anymore)
NFS should work fine, although I haven't used it yet.
OwnCloud works, I have a XU3-Lite running with OwnCloud as well.
I guess transmission and Co. should work as well without issues.

skull wrote:Maybe in the future I will add gamestation if it is possible.

Not really, my ODROID GameStation Turbo image is a Desktop and Entertainment image, not a package you can install. It's highly optimized and configured for gaming and multimedia tasks and very well maintained with packages and updates and scripts. Nothing which is provided by the server image.
All packages installed on the ODROID GameStation Turbo image are available for the Debian Jessie Server image as well, but it's missing all the configuration that was put into the Entertainment image.
Thing is, that both are based on Debian Jessie and can do the same thing, means you can simply take the Entertainment image and install OwnCloud or whatever on it as well.
Since you're mostly interested in Entertainment it seems to better choice of image instead of using a server image.
meveric

Unread postby Gburas » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:00 am

Thx for your's answears, but I got another problem. I can't exit kodi, it freezes when I hit exit

Wysłane z mojego D6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Gburas

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:03 am

are you using CEC?
It's known to cause issues. Kodi waits for the CEC device to "close" it's connections, but that never happens. So it never quits.

You can use a script to work around that.. and force Kodi to quit.
meveric

Unread postby Gburas » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:21 am

You are faster than the xu4 ;) yes I'm using cec but earlier when I wasn't using cec I had the same problem, so I think it's urealated to cec.
Problem that you describe I had on odrobian image, but there exit turns my TV of, and when I switched on kodi was closed.
I'm using TV Sony.

Wysłane z mojego D6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Gburas

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:57 pm

The TV probably doesn't matter, the CEC driver that is used caused this issue. You get the same issue if you use cec-client to just connect to the CEC device.. everything works fine until you try to end it (CTRL + C) it says that it tries to close the connection, but it never finishes.
Kodi internally waits for as long as it takes to disconnect CEC, but since CEC never finishes, Kodi never closes ;)

I have a scrip that wrote and put on the keyboard shortcut CTRL + ALT + K which will either start Kodi (if it's not running) or will forcefully kill Kodi IF it's running. I don't use CEC, but every now and then Kodi hangs for me too, or I just am not patient enough to wait for it to close, then I just use the key-combination and it's gone, it also conveniently allows me to start Kodi from wherever I want.
meveric

Unread postby skull » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:00 am

First of all, thanks for your answer.

meveric wrote:What do you mean with "problems"?
I can't remember any problems on my side. I can test later on and see if there's any issues.
Do you have an example video I can try?
Please describe more in detail what issues you encountered and what I should look out for.

I listen audio before image in MP3 2.0 @192 Kbps AVI files. For example: ed2k://|file|Marvel's%20Agents%20of%20S.H.I.E.L.D%203x01%20Leyes%20de%20la%20naturaleza%20[WEB-DLRip+Dvb][Spanish-English][Sharerip].avi|704933888|D03F27223AFFEC7F67ACAB0F6D313AF3|h=T2JLVX2UVW5V2HJE7BFVCZSDLALZ2J66|

meveric wrote:To be honest, that doesn't match up. A server is a SERVER and not an MediaCenter. I would never install Kodi on a SERVER (or at least woudn't call it a server) sounds like you need a multimedia/entertainment image and not a server image.

Kodi only runs in X11 means you would need a Desktop (that alone means you don't have a server image anymore)
NFS should work fine, although I haven't used it yet.
OwnCloud works, I have a XU3-Lite running with OwnCloud as well.
I guess transmission and Co. should work as well without issues.

Apologies for my expression, I miscalled it server but I want a debian mediacenter. I have already got it, everything that I want it works ok, except kodi audio problem with some files.

meveric wrote:Not really, my ODROID GameStation Turbo image is a Desktop and Entertainment image, not a package you can install. It's highly optimized and configured for gaming and multimedia tasks and very well maintained with packages and updates and scripts. Nothing which is provided by the server image.
All packages installed on the ODROID GameStation Turbo image are available for the Debian Jessie Server image as well, but it's missing all the configuration that was put into the Entertainment image.
Thing is, that both are based on Debian Jessie and can do the same thing, means you can simply take the Entertainment image and install OwnCloud or whatever on it as well.
Since you're mostly interested in Entertainment it seems to better choice of image instead of using a server image.

I thought there would be a script that I could install in OS. If you confirm there is no audio problem I will try ODROID GameStation image instead ODROBIAN.
Maybe it would have been better post my question in ODROID GameStation thread, I'm sorry.
skull

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:40 am

skull wrote:I listen audio before image in MP3 2.0 @192 Kbps AVI files. For example: ed2k://|file|Marvel's%20Agents%20of%20S.H.I.E.L.D%203x01%20Leyes%20de%20la%20naturaleza%20[WEB-DLRip+Dvb][Spanish-English][Sharerip].avi|704933888|D03F27223AFFEC7F67ACAB0F6D313AF3|h=T2JLVX2UVW5V2HJE7BFVCZSDLALZ2J66|

Sorry I can't/won't download movies from EMule Network ;)
But I found the following: http://trailers.divx.com/divx_prod/prof ... T_ASP.divx
It's a DIVX demo movie in 720x576
ffprobe says:
Input #0, avi, from 'Videos/Helicopter_DivXHT_ASP.divx':
  Duration: 00:01:48.11, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 4192 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (DX50 / 0x30355844), yuv420p, 720x408 [SAR 1:1 DAR 30:17], 3991 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 23.98 tbn, 30k tbc
    Metadata:
      title           : Video
    Stream #0:1: Audio: mp3 (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 44100 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s
    Metadata:
      title           : Audio

means it's an mpeg4 movie in 23.976 FPS, Audio is MP3 in 192 kb/s
here the output of Windows Media Player Classic:
Video: DivX 5 720x408 23.976fps [00) Video]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 192kbps [01) Audio]

And here the movie playing in Kodi on ODROID GameStation Turbo with movie infos open: http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/other/pictures/Movie.png

I couldn't hear any sound issue nor did I have other issues with the movie.

you can find more videos here: http://www.divx.com/en/devices/profiles/video
I tried the Mike Wiegele Heliboarding as well (a DivX Plus HD movie). 1080p h264 @23.976 FPS, MP3 192 kb/s was working perfectly fine as well.

skull wrote:I thought there would be a script that I could install in OS. If you confirm there is no audio problem I will try ODROID GameStation image instead ODROBIAN.
Maybe it would have been better post my question in ODROID GameStation thread, I'm sorry.

Nope, there is no script for this, there are too many parts involved to set everything up with a simple script on all possible images.
I use several packages and script to keep track on a specially prepared image to run all games and Emulators, reproducing the same on an "empty" Debian Jessie image would mean pressing 3 years of development in scripts.
I doubt I would be able to reproduce everything that I've done on the image with a simple script. The image grown over time. There are many changes, some of which I barely remember and only stuble about every now and then when I look back at things, like that I had to activate Midi devices for ScummVM support and such things.. That's stuff I actually forgot over the "years" and just recently remembered that it has always been there on my images to get everything to work :D

Besides that, no need for apologies; I'm just trying to figure out the best cause of action. Sometimes you make things harder than they have to be, other times, things like this might open up new opportunities.
meveric

Unread postby skull » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Thanks for your help.

I tried helicopter video and it works ok.

Here is a video with kodi issue. This is the ffprobe output from my computer, I couldn't use ffprobe in odroid.

Input #0, avi, from 'some.avi':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 (build 2366/release)
  Duration: 00:41:17.64, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2276 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 704x396 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 1877 kb/s, 25 fps, 23.98 tbr, 25 tbn, 23.98 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: mp3 (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s
    Stream #0:2: Audio: mp3 (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s

I have seen 2 differences: XVID and 48kHz frequency.
Please, could you test some file like this?

Many thanks
skull

Unread postby rooted » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:07 am

Try forcing the sound output to 44.1khz
rooted

C1+
C2
XU3 Lite
XU4
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby skull » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:27 am

rooted wrote:Try forcing the sound output to 44.1khz

Where? Kodi audio is set fixed 44.1

Enviat des del meu Nexus 4 usant Tapatalk
skull

Unread postby rooted » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:51 am

skull wrote:
rooted wrote:Try forcing the sound output to 44.1khz

Where? Kodi audio is set fixed 44.1

Enviat des del meu Nexus 4 usant Tapatalk

That's it, guess that isn't the issue.
rooted

C1+
C2
XU3 Lite
XU4
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby tp1360 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:06 am

Hi, I tried to upgrade today and chromium-browser-odroid was held back.

This is not a major concern as V48 runs fine but thought I would give you the feedback:

- dependency problems with chromium, libavcodec-ffmpeg56, libavcodec-ffmpeg-extra56 and libavformat-ffmpeg56
tp1360

ODROIDs: C1+

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:02 am

tp1360 wrote:Hi, I tried to upgrade today and chromium-browser-odroid was held back.

This is not a major concern as V48 runs fine but thought I would give you the feedback:

- dependency problems with chromium, libavcodec-ffmpeg56, libavcodec-ffmpeg-extra56 and libavformat-ffmpeg56

Yep, chromium 50 requires some libraries from Debian Backports which were 2.8.3 up until a week ago.
Now they replaced them with 3.0.2 which is no longer compatible with the old libraries, which means I need to rebuild everything that was based on this ffmpeg version.
In fact I currently try to build Chromium 51.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Build of Chromium 51 was successful and it does no longer require ffmpeg libraries. You should be able to install it by now :)
meveric

Unread postby skull » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:49 pm

@meveric, could you test some avi file like this?

Kodi is set fixed audio 44.1kHz and

/etc/asound.conf
pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave {
                pcm "hw:0,0"
                format S16_LE
                rate 44100
        }
}

ctl.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
}

many thanks

skull wrote:Thanks for your help.

I tried helicopter video and it works ok.

Here is a video with kodi issue. This is the ffprobe output from my computer, I couldn't use ffprobe in odroid.

Input #0, avi, from 'some.avi':
  Metadata:
    encoder         : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 (build 2366/release)
  Duration: 00:41:17.64, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2276 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 704x396 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 1877 kb/s, 25 fps, 23.98 tbr, 25 tbn, 23.98 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: mp3 (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s
    Stream #0:2: Audio: mp3 (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s

I have seen 2 differences: XVID and 48kHz frequency.
Please, could you test some file like this?

Many thanks
skull

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:16 pm

I couldn't test this yet, mostly since I have to find a movie that has this settings.
Can you create a sample file of movie file like 1 or 2 minutes in the middle and upload it somewhere?
ffmpeg -ss 600 -t 60 -i input.avi -codec copy output.avi

-ss set the start time offset (choose somewhere in the middle of the movie)
-t record or transcode "duration" seconds of audio/video (how long the sample should be.. I guess 60 seconds should be more then enough)
meveric

Unread postby tp1360 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:49 am

Thanks, update to chromium 51 worked, all good but noted the executable is now chrominum and not chromium-browser, will this be the case going forward?

Just want to know so I permanently update some scripts.

Great distro.
tp1360

ODROIDs: C1+

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:39 pm

tp1360 wrote:Thanks, update to chromium 51 worked, all good but noted the executable is now chrominum and not chromium-browser, will this be the case going forward?

Just want to know so I permanently update some scripts.

Great distro.

yes, sorry for that. The reason for this is that I now use Debian sources and no longer Ubuntu sources to build Chromium.
I have a dummy package chromium-browser-odroid still in place to update from Ubuntu version to Debian version. It should make sure that your settings are taken over. But as you said, the default binary changes and so did the Desktop Icon.
meveric

Unread postby skull » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:15 am

meveric wrote:I couldn't test this yet, mostly since I have to find a movie that has this settings.
Can you create a sample file of movie file like 1 or 2 minutes in the middle and upload it somewhere?
ffmpeg -ss 600 -t 60 -i input.avi -codec copy output.avi

-ss set the start time offset (choose somewhere in the middle of the movie)
-t record or transcode "duration" seconds of audio/video (how long the sample should be.. I guess 60 seconds should be more then enough)

Here is a sample file
Is that enough?

If I try to ffmpeg from odroid machine it says:
ffmpeg: relocation error: ffmpeg: symbol av_codec_get_lowres, version LIBAVCODEC_56 not defined in file libavcodec.so.56 with link time reference

I have to use ffmpeg from my computer.

Many thanks
skull

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:08 am

ok, I tried the movie and found video and audio is out of sync as well.

For what I've seen.. The ffprobe reports: Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 704x396 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 1877 kb/s, 25 fps, 23.98 tbr, 25 tbn, 23.98 tbc
As you can see it reports: 25 fps
but also: 23.98 tbr, 25 tbn, 23.98 tbc

I checked on Windows and the movie is reported to be played at 25 FPS.
But on Kodi it's been reported to run in 23.98 FPS and that's the issue. The movie runs too slow since the check on what FPS the movie runs on is not working correctly.
meveric

Unread postby skull » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:22 pm

meveric wrote:ok, I tried the movie and found video and audio is out of sync as well.

For what I've seen.. The ffprobe reports: Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (XVID / 0x44495658), yuv420p, 704x396 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 1877 kb/s, 25 fps, 23.98 tbr, 25 tbn, 23.98 tbc
As you can see it reports: 25 fps
but also: 23.98 tbr, 25 tbn, 23.98 tbc

I checked on Windows and the movie is reported to be played at 25 FPS.
But on Kodi it's been reported to run in 23.98 FPS and that's the issue. The movie runs too slow since the check on what FPS the movie runs on is not working correctly.

Many thanks for your answer.
So it's about kodi configuration. Is there anything that I can do to see it like it's seen in windows (25 FPS)?
skull

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:58 pm

It's probably the media information that is not read correctly from the Movie.
You should try asking @Oversun, he has very good knowledge about video formats and Kodi and ODROIDs running Kodi, maybe he can figure out how to fix it. (also my Kodi versions for ODROIDs are based on his work :))
I guess if you would change the media info of the file to only report 25fps it would work, but I'm not sure how to do this.
meveric

Unread postby deanic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:29 pm

HI - why can't your create the standard account of 'odroid' in addition to the 'root' account - similar to both the Ubuntu and Debian distributiion so we can login with SSH?

It really doesn't make sense to lock both root and the default user out of SSH.
deanic

ODROIDs: odriod xu4, odroid c2

Unread postby hugopet » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi there.

First off, thanks for your time and help.
Im trying to install your version of Debian Jessie on a MXQ box.
Im sucessfull installl LibreELEC first , from a precompiled image and compliling my own.
But LibreELEC havent x11 , and Kodi has many and many features that i never will use.
Simplicity of LibreELEC is based on upgrade mode , that simply toothpicking the box
you have LibreELEC Installed.

Can you guide me on any clue to make the same with your Debian Jessie?
Thank you in advance and sorry if its the wrong place.
hugopet

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:52 pm

deanic wrote:HI - why can't your create the standard account of 'odroid' in addition to the 'root' account - similar to both the Ubuntu and Debian distributiion so we can login with SSH?

It really doesn't make sense to lock both root and the default user out of SSH.

There is no default user odroid on this image.
The setting that root is not allowed to log in via ssh is DEFAULT from Debian. And since this is a minimal Debian image with as little alteration as possible, it was kept as default as well. It only takes 5sec to change it anyway.

Later Images such as for the C1 and C2 I changed that option though.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:55 pm

hugopet wrote:Hi there.

First off, thanks for your time and help.
Im trying to install your version of Debian Jessie on a MXQ box.
Im sucessfull installl LibreELEC first , from a precompiled image and compliling my own.
But LibreELEC havent x11 , and Kodi has many and many features that i never will use.
Simplicity of LibreELEC is based on upgrade mode , that simply toothpicking the box
you have LibreELEC Installed.

Can you guide me on any clue to make the same with your Debian Jessie?
Thank you in advance and sorry if its the wrong place.

I'm not exactly sure what your goal is. Just a desktop image with Kodi installed? Or what are you trying to get?
meveric

Unread postby hugopet » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:50 pm

im trying to get a simple linux desktop like your debian jessie. without kodi.
a very simple desktop like Puppy linux thats can run gnumeric, abiword and a mozilla or Opera browser
to use like a win98, with the simplicity to install that LibreELEC has.
No, i dont want to run Kodi.
hugopet

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie: not enough space

Unread postby SuperSamu » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:30 am

Hello,
I would really like to use your image for my server on a XU4, but unfortunately I ran into this error: "You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/" . I think this means I don't have enough memory, but I have a 16GB SD card in my Odroid boad. I haven't downloaded large stuff, the error appears EVERYWHERE. I noticed something strange while flashing the card: It generates just 2 partitions, the other 15,5GB stay empty. After running the ./resize tool by hand (debian did it on the first boot, right?), it tells me the FS is already expanded. Re-installing hasn't fixed the error so far, is the downloaded image broken? I don't have any ideas how to fix this, can someone help me maybe?
Thanks
SuperSamu

ODROIDs: ODROID W, ODROID XU4

Unread postby meveric » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:41 am

hugopet wrote:im trying to get a simple linux desktop like your debian jessie. without kodi.
a very simple desktop like Puppy linux thats can run gnumeric, abiword and a mozilla or Opera browser
to use like a win98, with the simplicity to install that LibreELEC has.
No, i dont want to run Kodi.

You should try out the LXDE desktop it's very minimal and has a Windows 98 like style
meveric

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie: not enough space

Unread postby meveric » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:44 am

SuperSamu wrote:Hello,
I would really like to use your image for my server on a XU4, but unfortunately I ran into this error: "You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/" . I think this means I don't have enough memory, but I have a 16GB SD card in my Odroid boad. I haven't downloaded large stuff, the error appears EVERYWHERE. I noticed something strange while flashing the card: It generates just 2 partitions, the other 15,5GB stay empty. After running the ./resize tool by hand (debian did it on the first boot, right?), it tells me the FS is already expanded. Re-installing hasn't fixed the error so far, is the downloaded image broken? I don't have any ideas how to fix this, can someone help me maybe?
Thanks

You should try reflashing again and see if that fixes anything. The system normally increases the disk space on the first boot (actually second one) it it does not, your card might not be 100% supported.
meveric

Unread postby SuperSamu » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:26 pm

I downloaded the image again and flashed it on the same card. The ODROID boots, reboots and freezes at "starting kernel version 215" or something like that. Unplugging the power supply and rebooting hasn't fixed it so far. It does not react to keyboard inputs and obviously I can't ssh into that thing. I'll try again with another SD card. My father mentioned it may be a hardware issue, maybe the card-reader is partly broken. Is this possible? It wouldn't boot then, right?
SuperSamu

Unread postby odroid » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:58 pm

It is worth to use "VERIFY" button on our Win32DiskImager when you flash the OS image.
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... diskimager
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby SuperSamu » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:46 am

I'm on a linux PC, and ubuntu provides a handy tool to copy images. I've also tried the command line version (sudo dd if=/path/to/image.img of=/dev/sdc bs=4M) and unzipped it before, but it doesn't change anything
Attachments
Screenshot from 2016-06-18 17-41-46.png
(25.37 KiB) Downloaded 1304 times
SuperSamu

PreviousNext

Return to Other OS