[OS] Debian Jessie

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:56 pm

I've noticed this hanging when I use WLAN adapter, using LAN it turns of instantly, but with the WiFi Model 4 it takes like for ever the restart.
This "hanging on a black screen forever" is also related to that. Never had it "forever" but it could take up to half an hour for me as well.
A little annoying that is.

I assume it's cause of the drivers used for the WLAN module, I guess there is a reason why they are normally blacklisted under Debian^^
Anyway, I never took the time to look into this further, since it only seem to affect WiFi and probably only WiFi Model 4.

It seems it's waiting for an IP, while the network manager was already turned off. Maybe there's a way to tell systemd to stop WiFi before turning down the network. But as I said, I haven't investigated yet.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby wn79 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:08 am

I don't use Wifi Model 4. I'm using tethering via an Android phone (which is connected to wifi, not 3G, mind you; but the OS appears to consider it a wired connection). Next time I fire up the Odroid, I'll try disconnecting it before shutting down and let you know if that makes a difference.

Either way though, it's a fairly minor issue, so I'm not too bothered if it doesn't get fixed. :)
wn79

languages_spoken: English (native); Japanese (medium); Korean (medium)

Unread postby aslag » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:06 am

I've made good use of your images, but I'd like to customize them. Can you share the kernel config and other image building g automation? Thanks!
aslag

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c1, c1+, xu4

Unread postby meveric » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:20 am

aslag wrote:I've made good use of your images, but I'd like to customize them. Can you share the kernel config and other image building g automation? Thanks!

Kernel config can be found in /boot/config... or in /proc/config.gz

The Kernel used is the Kernel from HardKernel with additional options. There is no "easy" way to describe what needs to be done for Kernel.
Besides the Kernel nothing is really ODROID specific, the image is a debootstrap image from Debian Jessie. The Kernel is the Kernel from my repository.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby GomerFile » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:00 am

Meveric,

sorry for the delay in responding but i wanted to let you know the update did the trick and i found out shortly after that the sd card i was using had some issues. I switched it out for a newer micro SD which has also reduced response time.

Thanks Meveric
GomerFile

ODROIDs: U3 and XU4

Unread postby meveric » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:48 am

Glad it worked for you :)
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:10 am

wn79 wrote:I don't use Wifi Model 4. I'm using tethering via an Android phone (which is connected to wifi, not 3G, mind you; but the OS appears to consider it a wired connection). Next time I fire up the Odroid, I'll try disconnecting it before shutting down and let you know if that makes a difference.

Either way though, it's a fairly minor issue, so I'm not too bothered if it doesn't get fixed. :)

This issue happens even if there's nothing network-related connected at all. As I said though - it is very minor, so it's not critical if it can't be fixed.

One thing that's a bit more of a concern... I notice video files seem to play at the wrong speed, especially noticable during theme songs / etc (which are much lower pitched than they should be). I tried VLC and GNOME MPlayer. It's very possible I've set something up wrong, though; I'm still somewhat new to Linux.
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Neither VLC nor GNOME MPlayer can play videos hardware accelerated. Only Kodi/XBMC at the moment can use Hardware acceleration to play movies.
On Desktop I prefer using "ffplay" although a command line tool it runs much better than any other player (including VLC).

Still for Videos only Kodi/XBMC will give best performance.
meveric

Unread postby dox81 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi meveric. I want to use your image for longterm use of XU4. For how long do you plan to maintain it? I am looking to make a switch from Arch Linux, since I have trouble with some packages there.
Thanks.
dox81

ODROIDs: XU4

Unread postby wn79 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:08 am

meveric wrote:Neither VLC nor GNOME MPlayer can play videos hardware accelerated. Only Kodi/XBMC at the moment can use Hardware acceleration to play movies.
On Desktop I prefer using "ffplay" although a command line tool it runs much better than any other player (including VLC).

Still for Videos only Kodi/XBMC will give best performance.

Aw, damn. I'm not a huge fan of those. But if they're the only ones that have proper support, I guess I'll have to get used to it.
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:45 am

dox81 wrote:Hi meveric. I want to use your image for longterm use of XU4. For how long do you plan to maintain it? I am looking to make a switch from Arch Linux, since I have trouble with some packages there.
Thanks.

Good question.. At least for the entire lifetime of Debian Jessie (not including LTS support from non-Debian Security team).
I still offer packages and support for the older Debian Wheezy image of mine, but it's slowly fading into background. Same will happen to Debian Jessie.
After Debian Stretch is released, Debian Jessie image will slowly stop getting "new" packages, but older packages and support will still be given.
Thing is, Debian Jessie is actually not a good Debian image to have, I hope Debian Stretch will be better than Debian Jessie.
Some things that existed on Debian Wheezy were removed on Debian Jessie without any replacement, and only on Debian Stretch a replacement will be included.
So I guess the switch to Debian Stretch (once released) will be a little bit quicker than it was from Wheezy to Jessie.

Anyway, the repository won't be removed and support to a certain extend will be given (Kernel, GPU drivers, etc. will still work for Debian Jessie no matter what)
meveric

Unread postby mattle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:20 am

Hey meveric, thanks for the image! This'll be a great way to get use of my odroid, but quick question. Why does it use so much memory out of the box? On my raspberry pi, a clean install of raspbian is only using 26 MB but this version is using about 200 MB. Looking at the processes running nothing is taking up anything at all really. Is it just the OS using more because there's a larger pool of memory to take from as the pi has 512 MB and the xu4 has 2 GB? Really, it's not a problem but I was just wondering if there was a reason behind it. Thanks!
mattle

languages_spoken: English

Unread postby meveric » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:53 am

That's actually a very good question.
Fun fact is, if you actually count the memory usage of all open programs:
Code: Select all
ps aux | awk '{sum+=$6} END {print sum / 1024}'

you'll see it sums up to about 27MB as well.
So question is, where does the memory go?
I checked on loaded modules (with lsmod) but these also only sum up to about 1MB.
Maybe someone else has a good explaination for that.

I remember Debian Wheezy was very low on RAM usage, even with a DE it was way below 200 MB in total (or maybe that was on the U3, not sure).

Still as you said, it barely matters on a XU4 since you have nearly 2GB in total to use.
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:57 am

wn79 wrote:
wn79 wrote:I don't use Wifi Model 4. I'm using tethering via an Android phone (which is connected to wifi, not 3G, mind you; but the OS appears to consider it a wired connection). Next time I fire up the Odroid, I'll try disconnecting it before shutting down and let you know if that makes a difference.

This issue happens even if there's nothing network-related connected at all. As I said though - it is very minor, so it's not critical if it can't be fixed.

Tried doing a shutdown (via terminal, as root), unplugged all USB devices before the shutdown actually occurred. At the time, had only HDMI, power and ethernet plugged in. 4 hours later, it's still not shut down. I tried plugging in the keyboard/mouse to see what would happen, it indeed reported a USB device was connected (and disconnected again when I removed it). I'm also able to switch between views with the Ctrl+Alt+(F Key) combos. Ctrl+Alt+F1 shows a login prompt (but I cannot actually type anything at it) as well as the text from the boot sequence; Ctrl+Alt+F2 to F6 are blank apart from a flickering _ in the top-left corner, Ctrl+Alt+F7 seems to be the view it was on before switching: http://i.imgur.com/eqUaghc.jpg

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help diagnose the problem.
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:48 pm

What command did you use to shut it down and what DE are you using at the moment?
I'm gonna try to reproduce the same and see what it shows on my side.
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:50 pm

meveric wrote:What command did you use to shut it down and what DE are you using at the moment?
I'm gonna try to reproduce the same and see what it shows on my side.

I forget exactly, but it would've been the most basic command possible, probably just "shutdown".
Using LXDE as the desktop environment.

I also have another issue, but I don't know if this relates to your image specifically or just the Odroid-XU4 in general. I recently got a new MicroSD card - previous one was a generic 8GB Class 4 SDHC, new one is an Adata 32GB UHS-1 SDHC. When I boot this image, the boot gets stuck at "[<time>] [c7] systemd-udevd[149]: starting version 215". If I plug / unplug USB devices at this point, or the display turns on or off, this shows up, but the boot process doesn't proceed any further. The time is usually somewhere around 9 seconds.

I tried writing three different images to the new SD card, all with the same result:
1. A copy of my 8GB card as it currently was, with the main partition resized to the maximum available space (via gparted).
2. A copy of the 8GB card as it currently was, without any resizing.
3. The vanilla, unmodified image you provide for download.

I haven't tried the standard Ubuntu image or any others yet (am in the process of writing the standard image to the card now to test that). In all three cases, I had power, HDMI and ethernet plugged in and nothing else; I also tried the first case with also having a wireless keyboard/mouse dongle plugged into the top USB3 port. I can confirm that my existing 8GB MicroSD still boots up fine.

EDIT: Yes, the official Ubuntu image boots up just fine. I'm going to compare the boot.ini files and see if I can notice anything obvious that might be causing the difference, though I'm probably unlikely to find it.

In these cases, I cannot switch to other views via Ctrl+Alt+<F key>.

EDIT: The only differences were that none of the resolution lines were uncommented in the Ubuntu one (I had manually uncommented one in the Debian Jessie image), and a slight change in "setenv bootrootfs" line:

Debian: [tt]setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro fsck.repair=yes"[/tt]
Ubuntu: [tt]setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 "[/tt]

Regardless, changing these made no difference.
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:25 am

wn79 wrote:I forget exactly, but it would've been the most basic command possible, probably just "shutdown".
Using LXDE as the desktop environment.

I'll see what I can find out. I actually never use the shutdown command directly. There are other commands, that were spcificly designed fot these tasks, although they're just hardlinks to shutdown it seems.
One is using "halt" using "halt -p" should shut down or "reboot" to restart the image. If you use a DE you should actually use the system menu to shutdown or reboot.

wn79 wrote:I also have another issue, but I don't know if this relates to your image specifically or just the Odroid-XU4 in general. I recently got a new MicroSD card - previous one was a generic 8GB Class 4 SDHC, new one is an Adata 32GB UHS-1 SDHC. When I boot this image, the boot gets stuck at "[<time>] [c7] systemd-udevd[149]: starting version 215". If I plug / unplug USB devices at this point, or the display turns on or off, this shows up, but the boot process doesn't proceed any further. The time is usually somewhere around 9 seconds.

I tried writing three different images to the new SD card, all with the same result:
1. A copy of my 8GB card as it currently was, with the main partition resized to the maximum available space (via gparted).
2. A copy of the 8GB card as it currently was, without any resizing.
3. The vanilla, unmodified image you provide for download.

I haven't tried the standard Ubuntu image or any others yet (am in the process of writing the standard image to the card now to test that). In all three cases, I had power, HDMI and ethernet plugged in and nothing else; I also tried the first case with also having a wireless keyboard/mouse dongle plugged into the top USB3 port. I can confirm that my existing 8GB MicroSD still boots up fine.

EDIT: Yes, the official Ubuntu image boots up just fine. I'm going to compare the boot.ini files and see if I can notice anything obvious that might be causing the difference, though I'm probably unlikely to find it.

In these cases, I cannot switch to other views via Ctrl+Alt+<F key>.

EDIT: The only differences were that none of the resolution lines were uncommented in the Ubuntu one (I had manually uncommented one in the Debian Jessie image), and a slight change in "setenv bootrootfs" line:

Debian: [tt]setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro fsck.repair=yes"[/tt]
Ubuntu: [tt]setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 "[/tt]

Regardless, changing these made no difference.

Yes, it's a known issue, that not all SD cards are supported, especially very fast SD cards seem to cause issues.
HardKernel made some changes a little while ago on the Kernel to support newer SD cards. So a fully updated image (newest Kernel) should run on faster SD cards. Sadly the image has an older image, and only an "updated" version "might" work on the SD cards. But I'm not sure about this. There might be some other differences between Ubuntu and Debian I'm not 100% aware of.

If you want to try, flash the image on a working SD/eMMC card.. Do a full upgrade so the latest Kernel is installed. Make a backup of the SD card and put it on the SD card that is not working.
If it works like that, than it's really just the Kernel version that's causing the issue.
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Shutdown; I do generally do that, but I thought perhaps trying from command line as SU might make a difference so I figured I'd at least give it a shot. It didn't.

Re: Kernel update, how do I go about doing that?
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:26 am

Kernel update is integrated into the image, just do a regular system upgrade:
su -
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:57 pm

I tried doing this. It appeared that nothing had changed - it said there were no updates. Nonetheless, I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. It didn't seem to help. I did on one attempt get some ext4 filesystem checksum errors after the "starting version 215" line, but upon re-reading and re-writing the image, these went away; it still doesn't seem to be booting though (but I'll leave it for a while and see if it does anything eventually).

EDIT: Waited about 20 minutes, nothing. For the record, using the 8GB card, there's a delay of about 15 seconds between "starting version 215" and anything further, but after that 15 seconds it works.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help diagnose the problem.
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:08 am

you can check with uname -a what kernel you have. The current Kernel has the version 3.10.96+ if you have that one installed, there's nothing that can be done and Kernel alone does not fix it.

So it would get a lot more complicated to figure out what's the issue. I've a 8GB SanDisk Extreme Pro, and I know it's not compatible. Sometimes I can use the image for a while, sometimes even booting is enough to damage the image on the SD Card. It seems some cards are simply not working.
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 pm

The version is 3.10.92+ so it's not the latest. However, running apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade simply reports "0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded".

I do notice in the apt-get update, I get a few "Ign" statuses on some of your repositories.

Is there any way to manually update it, or preferably, a way to get it to do the update properly via apt-get?
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:52 pm

hmm can you show me the output of:
apt-cache policy linux-image-3.10.* linux-image-armhf-odroid-xu3
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 pm

linux-image-3.10.92+:
  Installed: 3.10.92-20160203-XU3
  Candidate: 3.10.92-20160203-XU3
  Version table:
 *** 3.10.92-20160203-XU3 0
        500 http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/ all/xu3 armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
linux-image-3.10.96+:
  Installed: 3.10.96-20160214-XU3
  Candidate: 3.10.96-20160214-XU3
  Version table:
 *** 3.10.96-20160214-XU3 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
linux-image-3.10.82+:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 3.10.82-20151004-XU3
  Version table:
     3.10.82-20151004-XU3 0
linux-image-3.10.92+-dbg:
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.72+-dbg:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.72+:
  Candidate: 3.10.72-20150617-XU3
  Version table:
     3.10.72-20150617-XU3 0
linux-image-3.10.60+:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.63+:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.69+:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.82+-dbg:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.51+:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.53+:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.54+:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.96+-dbg:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.58+:
  Version table:
linux-image-3.10.59+:
  Version table:
linux-image-armhf-odroid-xu3:
  Installed: 3.10.96-1
  Candidate: 3.10.96-1
  Version table:
 *** 3.10.96-1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
wn79

Unread postby meveric » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:44 pm

well it says 3.10.96 is installed.
Are you sure it's still running 3.10.92?
What does uname -a say? Have you rebooted since the last update?
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:48 pm

uname -a says 3.10.92+ - I ran it again before to double-check. There's some other text after it that looks like it might be some kind of version identifier; I've shut down the Odroid for the night now so I can't say exactly what. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Yes, I've rebooted since the last update. Although with that being said - is it possible the shutdown issue is preventing the stuff that would happen on a reboot from doing so? (I doubt it, since I'd think it'd update the files right away, and load the modified ones next time it's turned on, but it's pretty much the only thing I can think of...)

I'll also try loading a vanilla image, updating the kernel on that, and seeing if it helps, just in case I've done something at some point that messes up the updating.
wn79

Unread postby Pursche01 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:02 am

best choises probably are LXDE, and MATE, but XFCE and KDE should works as well.

I placed an order on an XU4 last week (did anyone else get dissapointed with RasPi3? :( ), my plans are to build a touchscreen controlled Linux based device for controlling some things around the house.
I am dead set on running Linux since I am a programmer by profession and I VERY MUCH prefer developing for Linux than Android, especially when performance is key. Besides I have some dependencies that would make Linux a much better alternative.

Which desktop environment has best support for touch screens? From the research I found it should be GNOME 3 but it wasn't one of your recommendations, how come?
Pursche01

languages_spoken: english, swedish

Unread postby meveric » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:11 am

Pursche01 wrote:Which desktop environment has best support for touch screens? From the research I found it should be GNOME 3 but it wasn't one of your recommendations, how come?

There is no desktop acceleration for ODROIDs at the moment (some people like memeka working on this), which means the desktop would run in fallback mode, which removes all the touch capabilities (advantages) of GNOME 3.
HardKernel is offering some touch screen which seem to work fine.

I guess it depends on the UI you want to use. Controlling an entire desktop per touch is probably not very good on ODROIDs, but controlling an app that was designed for simple touch gesture should work fine nonetheless.

In the end touch will be interpreted as a mouse click/pointer. So as long as you can easily control your UI with that, it doesn't matter what UI you use.

HardKernel even pressed an LXDE on a 320x240 touch screen, which you could control with a stylus.

Probably a good Idea just using a stylus should already improve the level of control you have over the UI.

In the end you might want to try KDE, it has 3D capabilities and should allow for some level of hardware accelerated UI (on the cost of some performance) it should be fitting for touch control as well.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:39 am

wn79 wrote:uname -a says 3.10.92+ - I ran it again before to double-check. There's some other text after it that looks like it might be some kind of version identifier; I've shut down the Odroid for the night now so I can't say exactly what. I'll let you know tomorrow.

That's very odd if it has 3.10.96+ installed it should show that. Maybe the update process failed for some reason.
Well you can always try to reinstall the Kernel and see what happens:
apt-get install --reinstall linux-image-3.10.96+

Check the console output if you see something fishy.

wn79 wrote:Yes, I've rebooted since the last update. Although with that being said - is it possible the shutdown issue is preventing the stuff that would happen on a reboot from doing so?

Nope, the Kernel is completely installed before the reboot. The reboot is only needed to load the new Kernel. Even if you turn your ODROID off, or if you simply unplug it while running, as long as the update process was completed the new Kernel should be there waiting to be used.

wn79 wrote:I'll also try loading a vanilla image, updating the kernel on that, and seeing if it helps, just in case I've done something at some point that messes up the updating.

Always a good thing. I'm planing on adding a package for easier usage. "setup-odroid" that allows for easy setup of a desktop, etc.
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:20 am

Even on an unmodified image (note: I didn't redownload, just used the copy I already have), it doesn't seem to update to 3.10.96+. Nor does the --reinstall make a difference on the existing image. (I also notice the auto-resize during first boot doesn't seem to work; this might be because I also have an eMMC in the Odroid, though.)

I do notice that the kernel is a newer version, nonetheless - during the install, I get eg. "Unpacking linux-headers-3.10.92+ (3.10.92-20160203-XU3) over (3.10.92-20151117-XU3)". I tried running uname -a on the working version of Ubuntu, and it too reports a variant of 3.10.92 (to be precise: 3.10.92-76).

Is this possibly an issue with the repoistories?

I also had one last idea - pretty much of the "This is so crazy, that it might just work" variety - and decided to try copying the contents of the Ubuntu image's "boot" partition to the Debian "boot" partition. The result... IT WORKS, ON THE 32GB CARD! :) (For the record, I didn't erase any of the custom files Debian had put there; I just replaced the ones that exist in both with the copies from the Ubuntu image.) So the issue is definitely something relating to differences between the "boot" partition's content on the two versions. For the record, after doing this, uname -a reports the kernel version as "3.10.92-76" just like it does on the Ubuntu image.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help find out exactly what made this work (although I'd suspect that, apart from maybe testing attempted patches, there probably isn't much I can do that wouldn't be quicker to do yourself).
wn79

Unread postby memeka » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:10 am

in addition to the boot partition, you need to copy /lib/modules/3.10.92-76 from ubuntu to debian as well.
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby meveric » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:13 am

wn79 wrote:Even on an unmodified image (note: I didn't redownload, just used the copy I already have), it doesn't seem to update to 3.10.96+. Nor does the --reinstall make a difference on the existing image. (I also notice the auto-resize during first boot doesn't seem to work; this might be because I also have an eMMC in the Odroid, though.)

I do notice that the kernel is a newer version, nonetheless - during the install, I get eg. "Unpacking linux-headers-3.10.92+ (3.10.92-20160203-XU3) over (3.10.92-20151117-XU3)". I tried running uname -a on the working version of Ubuntu, and it too reports a variant of 3.10.92 (to be precise: 3.10.92-76).

Is this possibly an issue with the repoistories?

I also had one last idea - pretty much of the "This is so crazy, that it might just work" variety - and decided to try copying the contents of the Ubuntu image's "boot" partition to the Debian "boot" partition. The result... IT WORKS, ON THE 32GB CARD! :) (For the record, I didn't erase any of the custom files Debian had put there; I just replaced the ones that exist in both with the copies from the Ubuntu image.) So the issue is definitely something relating to differences between the "boot" partition's content on the two versions. For the record, after doing this, uname -a reports the kernel version as "3.10.92-76" just like it does on the Ubuntu image.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help find out exactly what made this work (although I'd suspect that, apart from maybe testing attempted patches, there probably isn't much I can do that wouldn't be quicker to do yourself).

Give me a little while to check on this.
Right now I'm working on the C2 image, but afterwards, I'm gonna look at this again, especially why it's not updating to 3.10.96+ correctly.

If the files from Ubuntu boot partition work on your SD card, then it's worth looking deeper into it.
Either it's the newer Kernel version, or the different "uInitrd" file which uses some Ubuntu specific files (namely busybox). If that's the issue, there's an easy solution for this, which is already available and I'm gonna check into that.

As I said, please give me a little while. I will check into it :)

Thanks for all the testing, and feedback, it's really helpful.
meveric

Unread postby wn79 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:16 am

memeka wrote:in addition to the boot partition, you need to copy /lib/modules/3.10.92-76 from ubuntu to debian as well.

I didn't do this; it still works fine.

meveric wrote:If the files from Ubuntu boot partition work on your SD card, then it's worth looking deeper into it.
Either it's the newer Kernel version, or the different "uInitrd" file which uses some Ubuntu specific files (namely busybox). If that's the issue, there's an easy solution for this, which is already available and I'm gonna check into that.

I should mention - it would seem doing this also fixed the shutdown issue. Though I can't say 100% for sure - it could be the change of SD card, rather than the use of the Ubuntu image's boot partition files, that fixed that.
wn79

Unread postby memeka » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm

if you don't copy the modules, it won't be able to load any drivers that are compiled as modules. it works until you plug a device that needs a driver.
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby andrewufrank » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:25 pm

jessie works fine, but unfortunately i have to upgrade to stretch (aka testing) because i need a version of the haskell compiler only available in the testing (the backport version is faulty).
i tried to upgrade from the jessie version by replacing jessie with stretch in the sources.list which worked mostly - except for the following error message during the apt-get dist-upgrade:

Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.123) ...
ln: failed to create hard link '/boot/initrd.img-3.10.92+.dpkg-bak' => '/boot/initrd.img-3.10.92+': Operation not permitted
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.10.92+
E: busybox or busybox-static, version 1:1.22.0-17~ or later, is required but not installed
update-initramfs: failed for /boot/initrd.img-3.10.92+ with 1.
dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Processing triggers for libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:armhf (2.32.3-1.2) ...
Processing triggers for dbus (1.10.8-1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 linux-image-3.10.96+
 linux-image-armhf-odroid-xu3
 initramfs-tools
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

the system remains bootable and responsive at the commandline, but i do not have a working xserver (ABI major version is 18 but requested is 20).

what can i do? i assume something is amiss in the odroid specific part of the boot.
any help is greatly appreciated!
andrew
andrewufrank

ODROIDs: xu4

Unread postby meveric » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:49 am

ok the error above shows, that it's mussing "busybox" have you tired to install it or see if it's available at all?

The second error about ABI missmatch, is due to the fact, that the armsoc framebuffer driver needs to be build for the Xorg Server version of the OS. It was built for Debian Jessie, not Debian Stretch and therefore won't work.

You would have to rebuild armsoc for Debian Stretch to get the desktop back running. You probably have to pull it from mdrjr's repo or somewhere else and rebuilt it yourself.

I would have suggested to rather try to find out what's not working with the backport version of haskell. After all the backport is created from Debian Stretch anyway. So it probably has the same issues if you update to Debian Stretch.

What's wrong with the backport for Debian Jessie?
meveric

Unread postby smiecie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:52 am

Hi meveric,

when we may expect newest kernel from Hardkernel in your release. They fixed recently USB 3.0 and network issues and after that my board is more stable. It is running for 7 days on Ubuntu so far.

Thanks,
Smiecie
smiecie

languages_spoken: english polish german

Unread postby richard-g8jvm » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Meveric
Those nice guys at ubuntu have got QT5 and OpenGL out of sync so some QT5 aps no longer build.
What is the current build status on jessie of
QT5
OpenGL
Mono
can a ppa used on ubuntu be used on debian ?
the one in question is
https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt/+archive/ubuntu/jtsdk
I'm aware the are different distros but they have a few similarities
Thanks
BR
Richard G8JVM
richard-g8jvm

ODROIDs: C1+ C2, XU4

Unread postby meveric » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:05 am

smiecie wrote:Hi meveric,

when we may expect newest kernel from Hardkernel in your release. They fixed recently USB 3.0 and network issues and after that my board is more stable. It is running for 7 days on Ubuntu so far.

Thanks,
Smiecie

Sorry I wasn't very active in forums lately but I've already built a new Kernel.. Testing it right now and if it's working I'm gonna upload it :)
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:10 am

richard-g8jvm wrote:What is the current build status on jessie of
QT5
OpenGL
Mono

For Debian Jessie:
Qt5 = 5.3.2
OpenGL - doesn't really matter, since ODROIDs do not support OpenGL but only OpenGL ES and the version of that is the Version offerend from HardKernel. Currently uses is Mali r9p0 with OpenGL ES 3.1 support.
Mono = 3.2.8 but you can install Mono from the projects webpage which should be a newer version.
richard-g8jvm wrote:can a ppa used on ubuntu be used on debian ?
the one in question is
https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt/+archive/ubuntu/jtsdk
I'm aware the are different distros but they have a few similarities
Thanks

Generally you can add PPAs in Debian the same way you can in Ubuntu. But the ppa in question does not provide Debian support.
Still Ubuntu packages might work under Debian Jessie as well.
I suggest adding PPA the same way you normally would under Ubuntu and then change the distro entry in the .list file under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
I'd say your best shot is using Trusty as a repository. It should be mostly compatible with Debian Jessie.
meveric

Unread postby richard-g8jvm » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:55 am

Many thanks Meveric
I'll flash a SD card and play.
It really is an up hill battle trying to keep some of the Ham Radio applications fully functional.

Since Dave and myself got Live MUF running, the mono project have thrown a spanner in the works when
mono is updated, Live Muf needs mono3.8 or later to run. Strange this happens once microsoft took it over.
And the WSJTX suite no longer builds as there is a QT5 & OpenGL problems.
A shame as both these applications are widely used and opened up the use on C1 and XU4, maybe C2 as well.
BR
Richard G8JVM
richard-g8jvm

ODROIDs: C1+ C2, XU4

Unread postby slackwar » Tue May 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Dear All,

I just found this great article. I really appreciate this work.
I would like to ask a few question on building Debian Jessie image for ODROID-XU4.

I've been following this instruction http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:odroid-xu4
However, I could not find a proper way to build others except zImage and exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb to copy them to BOOT partition.
Without boot.ini, boot.src or uInitrd, the board isn't enabled to run.

If anyone succeed to build your own image from source, please help me out.
slackwar

Unread postby meveric » Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 pm

boot.ini is nothing that you need to "build" just copy it from ANY other image.. Done.

for uInitrd:
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T ramdisk -C none -a 0 -e 0 -n uInitrd -d /boot/initrd.img-$version /boot/uInitrd-$version

replace $version with the version of the Kernel and the previous created initrd.img file.

Then copy /boot/uInitrd-$version to where your boot partition is mounted (which normally is /boot)
so:
cp /boot/uInitrd-$version /boot/uInitrd
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Sat May 07, 2016 3:32 am

Update:

I made some adjustments on the setup-odroid script to address some issues with the C2 and other things I found (not only C2 specifics).
You can find more infos about the update here: viewtopic.php?p=139578#p139578

I also uploaded the "u-boot" package a little bit ago. Apparently it's suppose to address some overheating issue and is therefore suggested to be installed.
apt-get install u-boot
meveric

Unread postby Sesse » Tue May 10, 2016 1:49 am

Hi meveric,

First of all, thank you for providing this image. I'm using it as a base on my XU4, and it works well, save for some upstream kernel problems that are none of your fault. I still do have some feedback to share, though :-)

First, a bug report; if you try to install it on MMC by flashing to an SD card and booting from it, the SD card will install the OS to MMC (as it should), but after boot from MMC, the resize script takes the wrong disk since it just uncritically assumes /dev/mmcblk0 is the right device. This is rather confusing, as you end up with a system where essentially everything fails due to lack of space.

Speaking of space, it would be really great if you could increase the size of /boot. It's impossible to resize after installation (at least in any sort of easy way), and the current size is so small that you cannot even carry two kernels with initrds on them. (Well, you can, but when something wants to regenerate the initrd, it wants to create a .bak file, and then you're out of space.) U-Boot can load its kernels from ext4 (using the ext2load command), but the version that ships with the device is buggy in its ext4 support; it would be nice if we could just double or even triple the space for /boot instead. FWIW, I run with Debian's 4.5.0 kernel, and it seems that most hardware is now in place, save for some USB issues at boot. I haven't tried much X11, though.

Third, is there a chance that you could drop deb-multimedia from the default list of packages? It's a long time since Debian by default had problems with any popular codecs, and deb-multimedia tends to be more in the way than actually be useful these days. It is easy for a user to add if they want it, but somewhat harder to get rid of after-the-fact. Actually, is the script for generating your image available anywhere, so that one can do these kinds of modifications by oneself?

Thanks!

/* Steinar */
Sesse

languages_spoken: English, German, Norwegian, some French and Japanese

Unread postby meveric » Tue May 10, 2016 6:54 am

Sesse wrote:Hi meveric,

First of all, thank you for providing this image. I'm using it as a base on my XU4, and it works well, save for some upstream kernel problems that are none of your fault. I still do have some feedback to share, though :-)

First, a bug report; if you try to install it on MMC by flashing to an SD card and booting from it, the SD card will install the OS to MMC (as it should), but after boot from MMC, the resize script takes the wrong disk since it just uncritically assumes /dev/mmcblk0 is the right device. This is rather confusing, as you end up with a system where essentially everything fails due to lack of space.

That's true, the system suspects that you only boot with one medium attached, either SD card or eMMC card. Since then it's always /dev/mmcblk0 if you connect both at once, eMMC will always be /dev/mmcblk0 and SD will be /dev/mmcblk1. It might be a little lazy, but at least on the first boot it should be fine to expect to only have one device connected, rather than to check which device is currently holding the the script (which actually could change during reboot).

Sesse wrote:Speaking of space, it would be really great if you could increase the size of /boot. It's impossible to resize after installation (at least in any sort of easy way), and the current size is so small that you cannot even carry two kernels with initrds on them. (Well, you can, but when something wants to regenerate the initrd, it wants to create a .bak file, and then you're out of space.)

O_o that's new to me, the boot partition should be at least 64MB in size, and Kernel files are no bigger than 5MB at most. that means you can have 10 Kernels stored.
In fact I do this quite often:
$ ll /boot/
total 24370
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    2060 Jan 18 21:50 boot.diff
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    8936 Apr 19 15:45 boot.ini
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    8170 Jan 18 21:51 boot.ini.bak
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    8550 Jan 18 21:48 boot.ini.new
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root       0 Jan 19 09:30 boot.ini.orig
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  112065 Apr 13 08:16 config-3.10.96+
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   51003 Apr 13 08:55 exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    2048 Apr 19 15:31 HK
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3637986 Apr 24 00:02 initrd.img-3.10.96+
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1851918 Apr 13 08:54 System.map-3.10.96+
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3637906 Apr 24 00:02 uInitrd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2666654 Dec 28 09:03 uInitrd-3.10.82+
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2675040 Feb 10 08:54 uInitrd-3.10.92+
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3637906 Apr 24 00:02 uInitrd-3.10.96+
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3318816 Apr 13 08:54 vmlinuz-3.10.96+
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3318816 Apr 13 09:14 zImage

$ df -h
Filesystem                   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p2                57G   39G   18G  70% /
udev                          10M     0   10M   0% /dev
tmpfs                        399M  8.1M  391M   3% /run
tmpfs                        996M  4.0K  996M   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                        5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs                        996M     0  996M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1                71M   24M   48M  34% /boot
//192.168.0.35/roms-testing   50G   45G  2.6G  95% /home/odroid/ROMS
tmpfs                        200M   20K  200M   1% /run/user/1000
tmpfs                        200M     0  200M   0% /run/user/0

But I'll look at the image again to see if there's any issue with the boot partition on the default image.

Sesse wrote:It's impossible to resize after installation (at least in any sort of easy way)

Actually it's rather easy to do so if you have a PC that has Linux on it, or can boot from a Linux live CD.
gparted can do this in a few easy steps.
1. resize rootfs and reduce size
2. move rootfs "to the right"
3. enlarge boot

If you do this after you flashed the image (before you booted it for the first time) you can even skip on the first step and simply do step 2 and 3.
It's really not that hard to do.

Sesse wrote:U-Boot can load its kernels from ext4 (using the ext2load command), but the version that ships with the device is buggy in its ext4 support; it would be nice if we could just double or even triple the space for /boot instead. FWIW, I run with Debian's 4.5.0 kernel, and it seems that most hardware is now in place, save for some USB issues at boot. I haven't tried much X11, though.

Ah I see Kernel 4.5 well that's probably the issue. The 3.10 Kernel is rather small if you use a full 4.5 Kernel I guess it's much bigger. That could be true.

Sesse wrote:Third, is there a chance that you could drop deb-multimedia from the default list of packages? It's a long time since Debian by default had problems with any popular codecs, and deb-multimedia tends to be more in the way than actually be useful these days.

For short: No
I'll keep them (at least for now) since most of my packages use deb-multimedia, in fact most of the times the drivers are more current and better maintained than the ones by Debian themselves.
If you check on ffmpeg for example you'll notice the default repository of Debian doesn't even offer ffmpeg AT ALL. Only the backports (means copies from Debian Stretch) offer ffmpeg, and that's normally not part of a default Debian.
Under Debian Wheezy, ffmpeg was very outdated in Debian and ffmpeg from deb-multimedia was working much better and faster.
Under Debian Jessie, ffmpeg is not even part of the repository, but once again, it's available on deb-multimedia.
I use ffmpeg and it's libraries quite often for different projects. Many games use ffmpeg libraries to display movies of all kinds, so having working ffmpeg and current ffmpeg libraries is very important.
libavcodec-dev exists only in version 0.11.6 on Debian Jessie means it's over two years old. While in deb-multimedia it's currently on 2.6.8 which is about 3months old and will probably be pushed to 2.6.9 soon that was released just a couple days ago.
So no, I won't remove deb-multimedia, since it still provides very much needed drivers.
Sesse wrote:It is easy for a user to add if they want it, but somewhat harder to get rid of after-the-fact.

That's non-sense removing it is as simple as removing or renaming the file. Adding it requires the knowledge what the correct URL is and what steps are required to get it to work.
In my opinion it's much easier to delete a single file, than creating a config file that you do not know how to structure it (if you're new to these kind of things).

Sesse wrote:Actually, is the script for generating your image available anywhere, so that one can do these kinds of modifications by oneself?

Nope, I didn't use any script, but used debootstrap to create the image, that's all. It's a default debootstrap image, of which you can find plenty of guides how to create one on google. And then only added the Kernel for the ODROID.
Nothing special about it.
meveric

Unread postby Sesse » Tue May 10, 2016 8:25 pm

meveric wrote:O_o that's new to me, the boot partition should be at least 64MB in size, and Kernel files are no bigger than 5MB at most. that means you can have 10 Kernels stored.

Unfortunately not. Here's a typical default kernel:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   176580 Apr 29 03:15 config-4.5.0-0.bpo.1-armmp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    44016 May  4 00:28 exynos5422-odroidxu4.dtb-4.5.0-0.bpo.1-armmp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15520034 May  5 21:49 initrd.img-4.5.0-0.bpo.1-armmp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  2748696 Apr 29 03:15 System.map-4.5.0-0.bpo.1-armmp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15520098 Feb 11 17:29 uInitrd-4.5.0-0.bpo.1-armmp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  3571344 Apr 29 03:14 vmlinuz-4.5.0-0.bpo.1-armmp

The kernel is 3.5 MB, sure. But the initrd is 15MB, and you need it twice due to U-Boot only wanting to load the repacked one (uInitrd). It's easy to run out of space.

Sesse wrote:Actually it's rather easy to do so if you have a PC that has Linux on it, or can boot from a Linux live CD.

…and you have an MMC reader in said PC? :-)

If you check on ffmpeg for example you'll notice the default repository of Debian doesn't even offer ffmpeg AT ALL. Only the backports (means copies from Debian Stretch) offer ffmpeg, and that's normally not part of a default Debian.
Under Debian Wheezy, ffmpeg was very outdated in Debian and ffmpeg from deb-multimedia was working much better and faster.
Under Debian Jessie, ffmpeg is not even part of the repository, but once again, it's available on deb-multimedia.

Yes and no. Jessie ships libav instead of ffmpeg, which is generally API-compatible with ffmpeg. Stretch switches back from libav to ffmpeg, as you say.

Sesse wrote:It is easy for a user to add if they want it, but somewhat harder to get rid of after-the-fact.

That's non-sense removing it is as simple as removing or renaming the file.

But the problem isn't the sources.list file; it's getting rid of the packages already installed. deb-multimedia ships basically everything with an epoch to override Debian's own packages no matter what the actual version is. When you upgrade, this frequently leads to conflicts.

As an example, almost the first thing I did was to remove the deb-multimedia sources.list and then upgrade to sid. Nevertheless, I am now stuck with an outdated gstreamer1.0-libav package from deb-multimedia (1.4.5; sid has 1.8.1). Getting rid of such stuck packages generally requires mucking with apt_preferences or lots of manual work.

Nope, I didn't use any script, but used debootstrap to create the image, that's all. It's a default debootstrap image, of which you can find plenty of guides how to create one on google. And then only added the Kernel for the ODROID.
Nothing special about it.

Well, you certainly added things like the resize script and new sources.list.d, no?
Sesse

Unread postby meveric » Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Sesse wrote:…and you have an MMC reader in said PC? :-)

Yes, a simple card reader is enough. Or how did you flash the image on the SD/eMMC in the first place?
eMMC comes with a microSD card adapter so you can plug it into a standard microSD card slot. Or even use a microSD to SD Card adapter.

Sesse wrote:But the problem isn't the sources.list file; it's getting rid of the packages already installed. deb-multimedia ships basically everything with an epoch to override Debian's own packages no matter what the actual version is. When you upgrade, this frequently leads to conflicts.

The default image is a server image, none of the packages shipped with deb-multimedia are preinstalled. So that shouldn't be an issue at all.

Sesse wrote:As an example, almost the first thing I did was to remove the deb-multimedia sources.list and then upgrade to sid.

Sorry but installing Debian Sid is very likely to break packages, that's why it's "unstable" and not stable.
If you want to install unstable packages you should be able to handle dependency issues yourself, or else you shouldn't install Sid at all.

Sesse wrote:Nevertheless, I am now stuck with an outdated gstreamer1.0-libav package from deb-multimedia (1.4.5; sid has 1.8.1).

Which means you installed it in the first place. Cause gstreamer1.0-libav is not part of the server installation. So you installed it before you switched to Debian Sid.
If you compare gstreamer1.0-libav in Debian Jessie and deb-multimedia then you'll see that deb-multimedia is actually more current than Debian Jessie.
Don't get me wrong, but if you're mixing Debian Jessie, Debian Sid and deb-multimedia having dependency issues is practically a given.

Sesse wrote:Getting rid of such stuck packages generally requires mucking with apt_preferences or lots of manual work.

Actually it's rather easy:
dpkg --list | grep "\-dmo"

will list you all packages from deb multimedia it's quite neat that all of their packages have a deb multimedia tag (-dmo), which makes it quite easy to locate these packages.
If you want to remove them all just do a:
apt-get autoremove --purge `dpkg --list | grep "\-dmo" | awk '{print $2}`

Sesse wrote:Well, you certainly added things like the resize script and new sources.list.d, no?

Yes, and once again these are deployed manually and not via script as I said before. Just copy them from /root/scripts/ or the /etc/apt/ directory.

I kinda have the feeling you shouldn't use Sid at all, if you have trouble with such easy tasks, I wonder how you will fix complicated dependency (and other) issues that you are likely to encounter using Debian Sid. It's called Debian unstable for a reason.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but you have a very specific use case, using Debian Sid, using Kernel 4.5. Both of with is not part of the "normal" work flow this image was created for. Both of which require quite some good Linux knowledge, knowledge that should make it easy for you to adapt the image yourself, or else it's questionable to use these things in the first place.
I won't change a image that was never intended for a work flow like yours only so you can have a easy going with it, while breaking the image for everyone else that wants to use this image as a basis for a stable image.

Nonetheless I can support you in your work and help you to figure out how to solve certain issues, but I won't change the image to support your work flow to have an unstable image.
meveric

Unread postby Sesse » Tue May 10, 2016 11:11 pm

meveric wrote:I kinda have the feeling you shouldn't use Sid at all, if you have trouble with such easy tasks, I wonder how you will fix complicated dependency (and other) issues that you are likely to encounter using Debian Sid. It's called Debian unstable for a reason.

FWIW, I've been a Debian developer (ie., full upload rights) for more than ten years now, so you can spare the insults :-)

But if you insist on using deb-multimedia, that's fine; it's your choice, of course. Thanks for the information!
Sesse

Unread postby meveric » Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 pm

It wasn't meant as an insult, but the changes you request, are very easy to do. Changing the size of a boot partition, removing a sources list. I could do such things long before I could use Linux. That's really not that hard.
It's just very confusing to see someone messing around with Debian unstable, but having issues with such simple tasks.
So for me it looked more like you don't really know what you're doing and therefore using Sid is probably not the best thing to do (for someone that does not have the experience).

Same goes for the issues you have with deb-multimedia. You could have simply removed the package list before switching to Debian unstable. The first apt-get update should already have shown you that it's pulling information from deb-multimedia.

Besides that, being a developer for Debian, doesn't mean you have to know how to handle your Linux systems (in matter of system administration) which is apparently the case here, from what you've told up to now.
Someone can be a very good programmer, but not know how to maintain a Linux image.

I work as Linux sys-admin on the other hand, so managing a image is rather easy for me and I would never use Debian unstable since it causes issues more often than not, especially on systems that are not well maintained in the first place (such as ARM boards still are).

In my company there also work a lot of developers and all work on Linux machines, sadly that doesn't mean they are actually good at using Linux and often mess up their Linux systems.

Once again, I didn't meant to insult you and I'm sorry if I did, it was not my intension to do so.
I still offer my help to fix issues you find, but as I said before, I won't change the image to support your use case.
meveric

PreviousNext

Return to Other OS