I am more than happy to release a Debian Jessie 8.3 image again with Mate Desktop Environment all accelerated by Mali-X11 drivers specifically built for the Odroid XU3 & XU4. Similarly, I've done specific tweaking to the image and such other optimizations to improve the overall performance.
Special thanks to:
Great people must be credited.
- @mdrjr (Kernel, drivers, technical references, hosting ODROBIAN repository, etc)
- @owersun (KODI 15/16 source code optimized for 5422)
- @ptitseb (GLshim 1.5 wrapper)
- @meveric (Technical references)
- @robroy (Community support)
- @mad_ady (ODROID CPU Control utility)
- @crashoverride (Black Screen issue fix)
- @moon.linux (Black Screen issue fix)
Anybody can join us on this list to show support.
- Lightweight Debian Jessie with Mate Desktop Environment hardware accelerated by Mali-X11 r9p0 drivers.
- We have our own repository integrated perfectly which means you will receive new kernels & other updates remotely.
- Rootfs is officially debootstrapped from stable (Pure Debian 8.3) armhf branch and is not an upgrade from older distributions.
- Fully Hardware accelerated Kodi (Isengard or Jarvis - FINAL) by OpenGLESv3.1 along with Samsung (MFC) VPU optimizations.
- Great desktop browsing with Chromium Browser that has native 3D EGL acceleration supporting WebGL.
- Governors & underclocking in a range from 300MHz to 2.0GHz with simple commands and scripts to show current CPU information and temperature.
- No bloatware at all, only essential tools are installed as deb packages beside the original software.
- You can choose to login directly into Kodi session from the login screen or to the X desktop otherwise.
These are the most important packages available on ODROBIAN repository that I've compiled specifically for this distribution with the required ODROID XU3/XU4 optimizations of course, you will also find many other packages if you take a further look there.
Kernel Image (linux-image-odrobian-5422) - Obviously default on both flavors
Kernel Headers (linux-headers-odrobian-5422) - Optional on both flavors
Advanced MATE Menu (advanced-mate-menu) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
CEC 3.0 (libcec-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
Chromium Browser (chromium-browser-odrobian) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
Cloudshell (cloudshell-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
KODI Jarvis (FINAL) for X11 (kodi-jarvis-odrobian) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
KODI Isengard (FINAL) for X11 (kodi-odrobian-5422) - Optional on both flavors
KODI Jarvis PVR Addons (kodi-pvr-addons) - Optional on both flavors
TVheadend (tvheadend) - Optional on both flavors
Platform V1 (libplatform1) - It's a dependency of PVR & optional on both flavors
Platform V2 (libp8-platform2) - It's a dependency of CEC & optional on both flavors
Shairplay (libshairplay) - Optional on both flavors
GLshim Wrapper (glshim-lbs) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
Pepper Flash (libflashplayer) - Optional on both flavors
Mali X11 Drivers (mali-x11) - Will replace Mali Fbdev, default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
Mali Fbdev Drivers (mali-fbdev) - Will replace Mali X11, optional on both flavors
Odrobian Platform (odrobian-platform-5422) - Default on both flavors to function perfectly
5422 Boot Scripts (bootini) - Default on both flavors
Armsoc X Video (xserver-xorg-video-armsoc-5422) - Default on both flavors
You can find everything you want to know about this distribution and how to configure it according to your own needs by exploring the documentation available on our repository, you should also read the ODROBIAN Project thread to learn more. Let me show you the headnotes list to summarize what you should expect to see there:
- ODROID Chipset Reference
- Getting Started
- Advice & Tips
- Updating Software & Kernel
- Web Browser Experience
- ODROID CPU Clocking
- Multimedia & Kodi
- Vanilla Section
- Stock Platform Material
Download for XU3/XU4
ODROBIAN Jessie is available in flavors that you can choose from:
- Desktop (MATE)
- Vanilla (PURE)
ODROID XU3/XU4 (SOC) = "5422"