ODROIDs: C1
Has thanked: 0

Re: RetroELEC Emulationstation/RetroArch/Kodi image for XU4

Post by crashoverride »

rinku wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:34 am

Code: Select all

[583870.526037] s5p_mfc_handle_error:468: Interrupt Error: 00000066
Since I encountered this error myself during unrelated development, I will post an answer for future generations:

It is not firmware related as other posts have suggested. The MFC firmware is probed at boot and typically produces an error in the system log (dmesg) that it is not found. However, the MFC driver will attempt to load it again the first time it is used (device open).

This error happens when MFC is sent codec data but the SPS/PPS has not yet been received. This typically happens during any live stream or broadcast. It is necessary to send a SPS/PPS NAL packet to MFC (aka codec "extra data") before sending an I frame to decode.
These users thanked the author crashoverride for the post:
odroid (Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:48 am)

kingdruid
languages_spoken: english
Been thanked: 0

Post by kingdruid »

this thing just goes to a black screen after the initial splash. I tried different SD cards, same issue. What is everyone else using for emulation on the XU4?

crash2393
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Been thanked: 0

Post by crash2393 »

The last one working for me was this build: RetroELEC-OdroidXU3.arm-9.2-devel-20200925140335.img

Since i do not see this file on OPs gdrive, here's a download link for You: https://nc.fonosis.net/s/NfcKndRMYpEobKB

Project seems to be abandoned tough unfortunately because it is clearly the only reasonable image for this poorly supported board, if You want HTPC with retrogaming out-of-the-box.

L67GS
languages_spoken: English, Jibberish, Pig Latin
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+,(3) C0's, and a whole big pile of accessories, VU7A Plus,, ect....

Post by L67GS »

Is this project dead? I want to try kodi on an XU4 that I don't use for much and it looks perfect.

Return to “Other OS”