Kudos to Batocera - premade image for xu4 with Kodi

clach04
languages_spoken: english

Kudos to Batocera - premade image for xu4 with Kodi

Post by clach04 »

I wanted to get Kodi up and running - I was hoping for a prebuilt image rather than having to install/configure myself. I've tried a bunch out and many did not work well (or at all, some would not play, some would crash, some would play but audio would either be missing or out of sync).

I have tried a few different prebuilt images for the Odroid XU4 board but the only one that worked perfectly has been the Batocera one from https://updates.batocera.org/odroidxu4/ ... 615.img.gz - you have to load Kodi from Emulation Station but it works (and based on the performance I'm assuming is hardware accelerated).

I've tried with not great results:
  • recalbox-odroidxu4_20210921_v7.7.2.img.xz
  • RetroELEC - note used emmc_RetroELEC-OdroidXU3.arm-9.2-devel-20200929132530.img.gz as I could not find other images that have been mentioned - has performance issues
  • ARES-XU4-BETA.rar
  • XU4-TheRA-Base-Pub-v3.1.2.7z
I've ONLY tried Kodi, not tried any of the emulators.
These users thanked the author clach04 for the post:
odroid (Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:32 pm)

clach04

Re: Kudos to Batocera - premade image for xu4 with Kodi

Post by clach04 »

Quick note on Kodi, to load Kodi from keyboard requires pressing; Space then Return/Enter.

Had a quick try with Dreamcast. Speed seems good for the 2d game I tried but no audio (power on chords do not play), the Batocera/EmulationStation music (and kodi) play fine

clach04

Re: Kudos to Batocera - premade image for xu4 with Kodi

Post by clach04 »

In Emulation Station, open Start menu, System settings, Audio, select Primary ODROID-XU4 and restart. All emulators have audio as well as menu system :)

Return to “Other OS”