[OS] Debian Jessie

marcavatar
languages_spoken: italian
ODROIDs: Odroid C1+
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie

Post by marcavatar »

Hi, I have an odroid xu4 with debian jessie installed, I installed at least I think a backup software called crashplan because I wanted to use this system to make a backup of my external disks, I downloaded the linux version and installed everything, the icon appears to me of the program but it does not open, the program is based on java, has any of you stumbled upon this program? I have seen installation videos on ubuntu and it works. Thanks.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie

Post by meveric »

Java is rather heavy, and often requires tons of memory which the XU4 might not have.
You should try starting the program from a terminal and check the output on the console or from syslog to see what could be the issue.

I personally prefer backuppc as a backup software, use it at home and at work to backup tons of systems.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Return to “Other OS”