Openmediavault OMV on HC2 really slow, great discrepancy between reading and writing speed

mkalle
languages_spoken: english, german, french
ODROIDs: HC2

Openmediavault OMV on HC2 really slow, great discrepancy between reading and writing speed

Unread post by mkalle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 pm

The first time I installed OMV 4 on my HC2 iw worked quite alright, I got speeds up to 80mbyte/sec and was quite content.

But after a few days I somehow lost writing permissions without having changed a thing, so I installed everything from scratch (did a hard reset so to speak).

Writing access has since been restored, but its incredibly slow. Writing speed is pretty much 22mbyte/sec, from the HDD (NTFS) and from the SDcard, where I created a partition with EXT4 file system, as well.

Reading speed however is fine, about 95mbyte/sec.

I checked the speed like this: sudo hdparm -tT --direct /dev/sda , and it was fine, 180 mbyte/sec, the normal speed of the HDD.

Anyone has an idea what could be the reason for this behavior?

joshua.yang
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: XU4, XU4Q + Cloudshell2

Re: Openmediavault OMV on HC2 really slow, great discrepancy between reading and writing speed

Unread post by joshua.yang » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi.

Do you mean that the benchmark directly performed looks fine but it doesn't on something services like Samba or FTP?

Return to “Other OS”