Help with reset

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Help with reset

Unread postby SamSpade » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 am

I just bought my first Odroid (HC2) and have managed to lock myself out. I have nothing of significance installed in the device, as I am a just now learning the basics. So the simplest route for me would be to just reset the entire thing.

I thought I could just pull the hard rive, boot from the SD, and then reformat the HD, but that doesn't seem to work. (I bought the microSD from Odroid with the unit, pre-programmed with Ubuntu 16.04)

Could someone provide me with a link to insructions on how I can reset the unit to factory default standards?

Thank you.
SamSpade

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: HC2

Re: Help with reset

Unread postby rooted » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:26 am

Download this:

http://east.us.odroid.in/ubuntu_16.04lt ... 213.img.xz

And:

https://etcher.io

Use etcher to write your SD card, you don't have to extract the image before writing with etcher.
rooted

ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2
XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby SamSpade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Thank you. FWIW, I was able to get the default package that comes with Ubuntu 14.04 to do the flash after I figured out how to use it. It worked well, although there were some problems with the file system being changed to read-only. Eventually, I did as you suggested to try to eliminate the read-only file system locks, but that made no difference, the Ubuntu and Etcher packages worked equally well and the SD cards produced by both still had the read-only problem.
SamSpade

ODROIDs: HC2

Unread postby odroid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Did you use Ubuntu 16.04 2017-12-13 image? or old 14.04?
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Return to Ubuntu